PDA

View Full Version : perspective on today's game

fadada1
11/25/2006, 09:16 AM
i've been trying to think of a way to describe what needs to be done today - with difficulty. i see this as a huge step in the right direction for our program. by that, i mean eliminating the mojo from this year's "problems" (the idiot, oregon, blowing it against texas, AD). the fact that we're looking right into the face of a championship game appearance is amazing. 4 weeks ago we were facing an 8-4 type season. now we have the potential for 12-2 (13-1 depending on how you look at it).

i have full faith in coach stoops to properly motivate this team today. i also have full faith in this coaching staff to out-coach the living daylights out of whatever staff osu has put together.

this one is huge today. a big 12 championship is on the line, and a BCS bowl is there for the taking.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:21 AM
Hang on to the ****ing ball!

devOUt
11/25/2006, 09:29 AM
We have superior offensive and defensive lines. That alone is a big advantage. If we control the line of scrimmage and play our game, we'll be fine. I also agree with JWTK, no turnovers.

CtheB
11/25/2006, 09:33 AM
If we can just hold onto the football I think we've got enough up front to control the game and keep it from getting away from us like it did in 02 and 04.

jrsooner
11/25/2006, 09:34 AM
Key thing: No Turnovers. No Fumbles.

sooneron
11/25/2006, 09:38 AM
Hold onto the ball and punch them in the mouth!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:40 AM
Key thing: No Turnovers. No Fumbles.

That's right. I forgot about the fumbles. No turnovers OR fumbles.

soonershane22
11/25/2006, 09:43 AM
The only thing that really scares me is that deep ball. We have been getting better and at times look like the old aggressive Oklahoma secondary flying to the ball. Other times there isn't a guy within 10 yards of a receiver or we look like we are trying to grab a greased pig and playing osu that could really be a factor. Hopefully our defense can keep the pressure up front and not give the time to set back and look for the deep ball. I think that we have more talent at every position...now let's just go out and get it done!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/25/2006, 09:43 AM
Also this game better not be REAL close come the 4th quarter to avoid more disastrous reffing!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:46 AM
I have been impressed with our secondary v2.0. This will be a great test for them. If they do we here, we torch nebraksa.