PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about Pickens stadium

MamaMia
11/25/2006, 09:12 AM
We're going to the game today. I have only been to their stadium twice. I was there once while a student at OU, in the 70s, and then once a while back after I had purchased seats on the 12th row. This year we qualified for seats from OU, but they're on row 72 and in Section Q. The tickets don't say what elevator or ramp I will need to find to get to that level.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:22 AM
I am pretty sure that you'll need a tetnus shot.

MarylandSooner
11/25/2006, 09:29 AM
Do you need an elevator at a stadium that holds 40,000?

fadada1
11/25/2006, 09:46 AM
it runs east-west and there's no running water. sheep and other hoofed animals are part of the ambiance. the smell is complimentary. avoid any metal.

MamaMia
11/25/2006, 09:50 AM
Okay you clowns. This question was not directed toward the monkey section, but thank you for your input. :D

If there is no elevator in this fancy renovation project of theirs, I can deal with that, however there must be a ramp number. There is always a ramp number.

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/25/2006, 09:50 AM
here is the seating chart of the stadium. the last time i went is in 02. i'm not sure if they had an elevator. section q is on the south side of the stadium (yes, that's right, the south side. the stadium runs east/west.). on that side of the stadium is a large parking lot where alot of people will be tailgating. the north side is where most, if not all of the emminent domain stuff was exercised. there should be a TON of construction on that side. i don't think that the south side of the stadium where your section is has changed much, if at all. i'm sure you can find your way from there.

http://www.okstate.com/fls/200/posse/BPS.html?DB_OEM_ID=200

fadada1
11/25/2006, 09:54 AM
i'm sure there's a grain elevator in the south endz.. (check that, east endzone).

washington's fave
11/25/2006, 09:57 AM
Think "Grand Canyon" and grab one their mules and ride it to your seat in the great venue that is pickens rustoleum stadium.

AlbqSooner
11/25/2006, 10:06 AM
Stonecold, not one to nitpick but the map you linked indicates that section Q is on the North side.

Mom, I dont think they number their ramps - seriously.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/25/2006, 10:11 AM
They aren't actually assigned seats...usually there is enough room to move around!

fadada1
11/25/2006, 10:17 AM
They aren't actually assigned seats...usually there is enough room to move around!
that tends to happen in half-full stadiums.

poke4christ
11/25/2006, 10:35 AM
I'd personally like to welcome all of you sooners who will be coming to the game.

OUSAEmom, yeah you just need to take the stairwell near your section and come out across the catwalk to get there. You have will like that the second level has consessions and facilities so you won't have to go to the ground level.

To those who haven't been to BPS recently must realize that much has changed. Size isn't everything. If you ignore the huge hole where our EZ section will be, we allready have one of the nicest stadiums in the big 12, if not the nicest (if not the nicest). Bathrooms are amazing and are plentiful enough to not be too crowded. Concessions are the same way. Lines don't get too long. I really hope that you enjoy the stadium (and hate the game of course :D).

God Bless!!

Zach

poke4christ
11/25/2006, 10:38 AM
Stonecold, not one to nitpick but the map you linked indicates that section Q is on the North side.

Mom, I dont think they number their ramps - seriously.

Stonecold is correct. On the map posted, up is south. Oh, and I hate the east/west thing too. Luckily, it won't matter once we get the EZ built. That will be tall enough to block any significant sunlight.

Zach

fadada1
11/25/2006, 10:48 AM
we allready have one of the nicest stadiums in the big 12, if not the nicest...

HAHAHAHAHA

make it stop!!!!! if by "nicest" you mean north of OKC and south of manhattan, ks... then yes, you have one of the nicest.

i've heard of looking through orange colored glasses before, but this is pure aggie genius.

picasso
11/25/2006, 10:57 AM
my lord you Pokes. get outside and look around. SMU has a nicer pad than you guys.

poke4christ
11/25/2006, 11:19 AM
Okay, somebody start naming the stadiums that are nicer right now, and you can only compare if you've been to BPS stadium since they finished the north side. Of the one's I've been too, I'll compare now.

UT: no way, that place is big, but it's interior reminds me of walking around in the state fair building where the circus performs. Crowded and smelly bathrooms, and peehole entrances that take thirty minutes to get through.

OU: Better than UT, but still in need of an update. Reminds me of walking around in a bomb shelter. New upper deck is very nice and exterior looks good though. Still not as overall nice as BPS.

Missouri: Okay, but a very basic stadium. No recent updates. Nothing special.

Now, tell me who's is nicer? I'm thinking the ones that could be would be A&M or Nebraska, but I don't think they've had recent updates.

Reminder: Nicest does not equate to biggest or best. We obviously don't currently have the best stadium. That has to do with many factors in which we obviously lack (attendance, home field difficulty, size, ect..). Nicest is only one of those.

Zach

picasso
11/25/2006, 11:23 AM
bomb shelter? what the hell do you want Poke? leather chairs and free beer?
to say your stadium is the nicest in the league and one of the best in the country is a delusional joke.

nice upgrades? yes. purdy now? kinda.
still too small? certainly.

I've been to SMU and theirs is very comparable to yours. SMU mind you.

my lord.

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/25/2006, 11:43 AM
poke-

you seem like a nice, reasonable fan. i'd like to respectfully disagree about your stadium. i've been in high school stadiums that were comparable to bps before the upgrades started. rustoleum is a highschool stadium with a gland condition. no more, no less. no offense, but it's still rustoleum with a facelift. OU's stadium, although old in some areas, is still better than rustoleum.

fadada1
11/25/2006, 11:49 AM
OU: Better than UT, but still in need of an update. Reminds me of walking around in a bomb shelter. New upper deck is very nice and exterior looks good though. Still not as overall nice as BPS.

still in need of an update!?!?!?!?!

are you for real????

ksu's county fair stadium is better than rustoleum field. and don't think for a second that painting over the rust makes it "good".

birddog
11/25/2006, 11:52 AM
Okay, somebody start naming the stadiums that are nicer right now, and you can only compare if you've been to BPS stadium since they finished the north side. Of the one's I've been too, I'll compare now.

UT: no way, that place is big, but it's interior reminds me of walking around in the state fair building where the circus performs. Crowded and smelly bathrooms, and peehole entrances that take thirty minutes to get through.

Now, tell me who's is nicer? I'm thinking the ones that could be would be A&M or Nebraska, but I don't think they've had recent updates.

Reminder: Nicest does not equate to biggest or best. We obviously don't currently have the best stadium. That has to do with many factors in which we obviously lack (attendance, home field difficulty, size, ect..). Nicest is only one of those.

Zach

:rolleyes:

you've got to be kidding.

fadada1
11/25/2006, 12:08 PM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5856/330474as0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

a thing of beauty.

nice fence.

Scott D
11/25/2006, 12:24 PM
I'd personally like to welcome all of you sooners who will be coming to the game.

To those who haven't been to BPS recently must realize that much has changed. Those large splotches of orange you see on tv aren't fans, they are empty seats. If you ignore the huge hole where our student section should be, we already have one of the emptiest stadiums in the big 12, if not the emptiest. Bathrooms are amazing and are plentiful enough to not be too crowded. Concessions are the same way. Lines don't get too long. I really hope that you enjoy the stadium (and hate the game of course :D).

God Bless!!

Zach

fixed.

and Zach, from what I've heard....Miami's facilities are better than OSU's, and they haven't poured even 1/10th of what ole Boone Pickens has thrown at you guys.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/25/2006, 12:56 PM
osu's stadium pre Booger
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8296/superlongturdee8.png (http://imageshack.us)

osu's stadium post Booger
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3558/redbrickscopyud3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 01:10 PM
well, I have to admit the brickwork on OSU's stadium is pretty nice.

MikeInNorman
11/25/2006, 01:47 PM
If I might reprise some comments from earlier this season re: Aggy and his HomeTown Pride over fixin' up Rustoleum. This was in response to attention being drawn to a Stoolwater Aggy begging for compliments from the real Aggy on TexAgs:

This is classic Aggy.

Nearly everything in this post is demonstrably untrue. But you can be sure our Aggy believes every word of it, because of that curious mentality common to small town chamber of commerce booster types, bumpkins, hayseeds, thin-skinned provincials, and Aggy of all stripes. That is, these folks do without for so long that when they acquire anything new or an upgrade of any item, then that item is automatically the very best there is, if for no other reason that it is new, and it is theirs. That, and complete and willing ignorance of the comparative facilities, of course.

That's why Aggy and his cousins assault every Music Man and Peddler of Elixirs whose balloon mistakenly lands in Aggy's remote, God-forsaken hamlet with constant seeking of approval, i.e. "What do you think of our fancy new high school gym/four lane highway/peach festival/municipal swimming pool/football stadium? Isn't it the greatest thing you have EVAR seen?" To which the answer is of course, "yes", since there is snake oil to sell to the rubes and no use bursting their balloons.

In this case, Aggy desperately seeks affirmation on a site full of Real Aggy, folks who never think about Stoolwater unless they mistakenly step in it, and even then could care less. Aggy thinks that Real Aggy will be impressed with the remodling of City Hall, and is bursting his buttons with pride, begging for praise. Sadly, Real Aggy is having none of it, recognizing the reality of the situation: Aggy's new set-up keeps them from falling to the level of Baylor and KU, brings them about even with Sand Aggy and Kansas Aggy, and leaves them well behind OU, , Real Aggy, and Nebraska. In other words, tied (maybe) with Tech for 4th best facilities in the South, which is about where they will finish yearly no matter how much they spend.

Sad, sad, Aggy.

Sorry to quote myself, but that pretty much is all I have to say about that.

Boise Bandit
11/25/2006, 01:55 PM

Zach

Pfffffft. Boise State has a nicer stadium than you do.

And we have blue turf to boot.

Phil
11/25/2006, 02:06 PM
I'm sitting in the place right now, and it seems that aggy spent most of T Boone's green on the sound system. They have been playing this atrocious hip-hop music at 9000 decibels since I walked in here 30 minutes ago. It is literally so loud you have to shout to talk to a person sitting right next to you. Prentice Elliott must be their DJ - this music is all about thugz and gangstas.

On a brighter note, Jaux and his lovely daughter are sitting about 5 rows down from me. They didn't see me when they came in, though.

Mixer!
11/25/2006, 02:10 PM
But did you cough up the six bills to get in?

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 02:14 PM
Ear plugs Phil.

Ear plugs.

101sooner
11/25/2006, 02:18 PM
I was in Boone Pickins this summer.

Poke, you are absolutely on drugs. KSU, Baylor, OU, UT, Missouri and UNL are all nicer than Boone Pickens. When the South...West....whatever endzone is finished, maybe it will pass KSU or Folsom, but that's about the best that can be done with that turd of a stadium.

Phil
11/25/2006, 04:05 PM
But did you cough up the six bills to get in?

Nah - I got mine from OU. These are the cheap seats - only one Ben Franklin.

jk the sooner fan
11/25/2006, 04:08 PM
make sure to wash your hands before you leave Phil!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/25/2006, 06:30 PM
Watching the broadcast today, this was the first time I've noticed that when the Pukes come out of the tunnel, they open up a fence like the ones they use in rodeos to let the animals out.

Ghey. Can they not decide if they're Cowboys or the bovines themselves? Identify a little too much with their animals perhaps?

MikeInNorman
11/25/2006, 06:42 PM
Watching the broadcast today, this was the first time I've noticed that when the Pukes come out of the tunnel, they open up a fence like the ones they use in rodeos to let the animals out.

Ghey. Can they not decide if they're Cowboys or the bovines themselves? Identify a little too much with their animals perhaps?

Hey! A "tradition" they didn't steal!

Or does some other Aggy already do that? Probably.

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 02:25 AM
I found my seat. They don't have ramps. They have stairs; lots of stairs. Our seat was was on the 3rd row down from the top. The stadium does look nicer than it did, but I felt like I was playing hop scotch trying to avoid walking on that nasty spitted out chewing tobacco. Maybe Mr. Pickens will do the humane thing and install some spittoons here and there for his cowboy and cowgirl following.

poke4christ
11/26/2006, 02:36 AM
The stadium does look nicer than it did, but I felt like I was playing hop scotch trying to avoid walking on that nasty spitted out chewing tobacco.

Never seen that before. Maybe it's a south side thing :confused:.

MamaMia
11/26/2006, 11:19 AM
Never seen that before. Maybe it's a south side thing :confused:.Now honestly, I hardly believe that could be the case. Maybe you should look?

SleestakSooner
11/26/2006, 11:40 AM
When you were raised in a barn, what you consider "nicer" accomodations and "pee holes" might be dirt floors and lots of hay bales. Just because BP gave ya'll enough cash to buy paint and put a fresh coat on the barn does not equate to nicer digs... and who cares if your pee troughs are not crowded, that is most likely due to the fact that (except when OU fan shows up) there are never enough swinging dicks there to fill it up!

Zach

Mixer!
11/26/2006, 12:00 PM
Take a horse turd.

dip it in batter, and deep fry it.

Looks pretty sitting on the plate, doesn't it?

But when you cut into it, it's still the same old turd. :twinkies:

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/26/2006, 12:15 PM

Yeah, that may be the stupidest thing I have seen. I about choked on my drink when they showed that.

and I know this has been rehashed a ton, but can they seriously try to steal more stuff from texas aggy? Did anyone else notice the 5 minute long cheers they were doing with all the hand signs???? These guys are becoming the biggest joke in the Big XII...seriously.