PDA

View Full Version : Wedding update

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 12:16 AM
ok, I got back from the wedding earlier. Not my wedding, my friend's wedding. The friend marrying the colombian. I was a bridesmaid. It was pretty fun except for the horrible shoes making my feet ache like crazy. I danced. I was social. And I'm really frickin tired.

pictures to come later

lil'duck
11/25/2006, 12:28 AM
ok, I got back from the wedding earlier. Not my wedding, my friend's wedding. The friend marrying the colombian. I was a bridesmaid. It was pretty fun except for the horrible shoes making my feet ache like crazy. I danced. I was social. And I'm really frickin tired.

pictures to come later

did you wear a hideous dress, or was it a good one?

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 12:30 AM
actually, it wasn't too bad. I don't like wearing pink, particularly, but it's a really good color on me, and the dress actually looked pretty nice on. It's a peachy pink type color... It's a lot more pink than I would ever wear by choice, but for a bridesmaid dress it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

The shoes were much worse.

lil'duck
11/25/2006, 12:33 AM
ah, so a good cut. Nice.

The shoes are always the worst. I usually kick 'em off after the formal stuff is over. Then you just have to tend to the blisters for the next week...:rolleyes:

proud gonzo
11/25/2006, 12:36 AM
yeah, we all ditched the shoes as soon as the ceremony was over. And surprisingly they didn't rub any blisters, they just made my feet hurt a lot. Probably didn't help that I stood up in the kitchen for a long time yesterday...

lil'duck
11/25/2006, 12:58 AM
dude, you're lucky. no blisters. You made out pretty good.

Fugue
11/27/2006, 10:12 AM
How did this thread end here? :confused: I can't f'n believe this. :D

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8471/lescusssmallvz9.gif

BeetDigger
11/27/2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah, no posts by Dean. You'd think he'd be all over this. He's totally into peachy pink dress talk.

Howzit
11/27/2006, 10:16 AM
Any 'Melo-esque' type pics? 'Cause I'll fark tassles on yours...

crawfish
11/27/2006, 10:20 AM
No piggy, eh?

frankensooner
11/27/2006, 10:30 AM
Back in the day when all my buds were getting married, I suffered through one pair of rental shoes. If I was requested to be in a wedding after that first miserable experience, I always told them I had to wear my own shoes. Whoever designs those things must be a descendant of the Marquise de Sade. They are the "Cruel Shoes" of which Steve Martin wrote. Anyhow, glad you had a great time at the wedding. Was it a Catholic wedding?

proud gonzo
11/27/2006, 11:28 AM
Any 'Melo-esque' type pics? 'Cause I'll fark tassles on yours...NO.

actually, I don't even have any pictures with me in them. I haven't gotten pics from anyone else yet. And the dresses weren't very low cut. sorry to disappoint :P