PDA

View Full Version : Official admits he saw OU recover the on-side kick.

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 05:39 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/11/23/oklahoma.replay.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

But Gordon Riese told The Oklahoman that replay rules prevented him from correcting on-field officials who made the wrong call and awarded possession to Oregon, even though it was clear to Riese that Oklahoma's Allen Patrick had recovered the ball.

"I saw the ball laying on the ground, the Oklahoma kid picks up the ball with his knee on the ground," he said. "I knew it was Oklahoma ball."

But, Riese said, he chose to follow the rules of the replay system, which meant he couldn't tell the on-field Pacific-10 Conference officials of their error -- even though the referee asked him which team had recovered.

His job is to correct the wrong but the rules prevent him from doing so?

GrapevineSooner
11/24/2006, 05:40 PM
We need about 10 more threads on this topic.

sanantoniosooner
11/24/2006, 05:41 PM
We need about 10 more threads on this topic.
I was thinking 12

Rocker
11/24/2006, 06:02 PM
ok I was thinking how bout 10 more

OUinFLA
11/24/2006, 06:03 PM
I thought about starting one, but Gordon probably feels bad enough already

oumartin
11/24/2006, 06:04 PM
you know what.. this now how national championship implications

soonerboomer93
11/24/2006, 06:07 PM
I was thinking 12

since there's already 20 bajillion threads on it, 12 more would be ok

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 06:34 PM
The reason I started this thread is not only because of his recent acknowledgment but also that, should we win the Big XII Conference championship, that call could have kept us out of the title game.

Scott D
11/24/2006, 06:42 PM
The reason I started this thread is not only because of his recent acknowledgment but also that, should we win the Big XII Conference championship, that call could have kept us out of the title game.

no, you started it because you were too lazy to see if there were any others started on the subject.

soonerboomer93
11/24/2006, 06:55 PM
no, you started it because you were too lazy to see if there were any others started on the subject.

and since there's like 4 of them on the front page, that's extra laziness

soonermeteor
11/24/2006, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't want to go to the title game, its basically who OSU gets to manhandle.

Plus, I think this subject has been talked about enough. We all know it was blown, we don't need the replay official to admit it again.

If you do still get a little angry over the subject, just think about the pathetic season Oregon has had. The "win" was supposed to prove how good they are to the BCS. Now they even had to switch QB's since they suck so much. We showed them in the Holiday bowl they can't play with the big boys and when they cheat to win they end up crashing and burning anyway.

OUAndy1807
11/24/2006, 07:32 PM
do I have it right yet?

OUinFLA
11/24/2006, 08:14 PM
no, you're a bit slanted in your view.
:D

STATE!
11/24/2006, 08:21 PM
Is AD, or “All Day” the most appropriate nickname for Adrian Peterson? I mean as long as he’s over on the lame and lazy list, as he has been for the past 5 weeks and a large portion of last season, he’s not there “All Day.” Nor is he really there at all save for his motivational support. I was thinking it might be time for a change. For example, ADS (All Day, Sometimes) is a good one. Maybe HS (Half Season), or ADWINI (All Day When I’m Not Injured). Perhaps my personal favorite which is ADWMDIP (All Day While My Dad’s In Prison).

Anybody else have any suggestions?

sanantoniosooner
11/24/2006, 08:24 PM
yeah.

Shut up.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/24/2006, 08:25 PM

I have one, stepchild.

Quit 'poking' on a guy's daddy and I'll quit 'poking' your mom.

Good trashtalk has something to do with the game, not a factor Peterson has nothing to do with. Have some neg and a hopeful bane.

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 08:34 PM

I didn't see anything on the first two pages on his "confession" of seeing Patrick with the ball.

But, if you don't want to read about it, don't click on the thread, moron.

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 08:36 PM
and since there's like 4 of them on the front page, that's extra laziness

There are no other threads on his confession that I saw.

cvsooner
11/24/2006, 08:39 PM
The sad part of this, in my eyes, is if he had just been watching the ABC game broadcast instead of the $20,000 replay system he'd have had a better view. Something still smells about this whole game and the entire circumstance. That call was bogus on the field and they hung Riese out to dry so he couldn't correct the call.

OUAndy1807
11/24/2006, 08:40 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83701
the other one was started by Soonerus and was deleted late this afternoon by Beano

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83701
the other one was started by Soonerus and was deleted late this afternoon by Beano

Maybe I didn't see another thread on the subject because, when I posted this, there was no other thread on this subject.

Perhaps I should apologize for not being on the boards earlier?

Scott D
11/24/2006, 11:00 PM
Maybe I didn't see another thread on the subject because, when I posted this, there was no other thread on this subject.

Perhaps I should apologize for not being on the boards earlier?

It's ok, you are among the thousands of registerred users who don't know how to use the 'Search' function in the title bar

mOUse
11/25/2006, 12:12 AM
rough crowd!

Reminds me why I never post, and only reply, cause some people just take things to far.

Give the guy a break, Geeze!

Texas Golfer
11/25/2006, 12:17 AM
It's ok, you are among the thousands of registerred users who don't know how to use the 'Search' function in the title bar

I look at the thead titles to see if it's been posted. The fact that I don't search every topic before posting is because I try to spend my time scanning over all of the topics that are current.

If the fact that I didn't search this topic but merely looked over the threads really bothers you, you can expect to be continually bothered.

MiccoMacey
11/25/2006, 12:44 AM
I look at the thead titles to see if it's been posted. The fact that I don't search every topic before posting is because I try to spend my time scanning over all of the topics that are current.

If the fact that I didn't search this topic but merely looked over the threads really bothers you, you can expect to be continually bothered.

This rant about accidently posting old threads is also a thread topic from way back.

Either keep up or...or...don't. Your choice.

All_Day_28
11/25/2006, 01:01 AM
some people on this board are jerks.. the man was simply trying to bring some news to the board that he didn't realize was already posted.. and some of you act like ****in bitches..

OUAndy1807
11/25/2006, 08:46 AM
some people on this board are jerks.. the man was simply trying to bring some news to the board that he didn't realize was already posted.. and some of you act like ****in bitches..
how many threads about each subject do we need?

OUinFLA
11/25/2006, 08:50 AM
how many threads about each subject do we need?

3 or 4 Brazillians?
I would think that would be obvious. :D

Scott D
11/25/2006, 11:33 AM

Yeah that must be it...or maybe it's the fact that wading through the same story 7 times isn't enough.

Texas Golfer
11/25/2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah that must be it...or maybe it's the fact that wading through the same story 7 times isn't enough.

Neither you nor anyone else HAS to wade through anything. If it's a topic that has already been discussed, skip the thread. Perhaps decision making is difficult for some of you.

I stated that I scanned the first two pages of the board and didn't see this "confession" already posted. The fact that the thread had been deleted before I got on the board, apparently, is of no consequence.

Wow. Some of you guys are turning SoonerFans into the same kind of crappy boards like we see at other sites.

PrideTrombone
11/25/2006, 12:36 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

TexasGolfer Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

;)

1stTimeCaller
11/25/2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83701&highlight=oregon

is one

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83683&highlight=oregon

is another and another has been deleted.

Scott D
11/25/2006, 12:49 PM
Neither you nor anyone else HAS to wade through anything. If it's a topic that has already been discussed, skip the thread. Perhaps decision making is difficult for some of you.

I stated that I scanned the first two pages of the board and didn't see this "confession" already posted. The fact that the thread had been deleted before I got on the board, apparently, is of no consequence.

Wow. Some of you guys are turning SoonerFans into the same kind of crappy boards like we see at other sites.

clearly you didn't scan very well. or was it because it wasn't in crimson font you couldn't find it?

Oh and Golfer don't get your panties in such a twist...this isn't the only subject that creates 3-4 threads in the span of 2 days. For example, Soonerus will easily create a minimum of 3 threads with inane babbling after today's game..probably in the early evening.

Texas Golfer
11/25/2006, 01:06 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

TexasGolfer Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &

;)

I'm thinking about joining you over there. The tolerance level here has dropped considerably. We are now starting to eat our own for absolutely no reason.

A simple link to the other thread would have sufficed and we wouldn't still be talking about it. The same guys who are complaining about this thread are the same ones who keep it going.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/27/2006, 08:44 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else, and I don't want to get shoed, so here goes:

'What if?' continues on replay loop in Sooners' minds
Nov. 27, 2006
By Dennis Dodd
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

For the record, Bob Stoops is still bitter about Oregon. The problem is, that's about all that's on the record for the Oklahoma coach when it comes to the events of Sept. 16.

But we'll say it for him.

Somebody lied.

Somebody lied about the replay fiasco at Oregon that cost Oklahoma a shot at the national championship. With the proper conclusion to that game, the Sooners would be 11-1 instead of 10-2, at least in the discussion for the national title.

Pac-10 replay official Gordon Riese said last week he had only one angle on the botched onsides kick that cost Oklahoma possession, and ultimately the game. Pac-10 officials have maintained all along -- including in a letter to Stoops -- that Riese had "ample" angles on the play.

What other conclusion is there? Somebody is lying.

"Ample," Stoops said Monday in one of his calmer moments, "is not one (angle)."

What happened to Oklahoma was the worst college officiating screwup since the infamous Fifth Down in 1990. Colorado used that extra down against Missouri that year to win a share of the national championship.

That was before the age of replay. That Oklahoma was denied a shot this year because of replay boggles the mind.

Riese told the paper that he couldn't determine whether an Oregon player had touched the ball before it traveled 10 yards on an onside kick. What was obvious to the rest of the country was confusing to Riese, who said he only had an end zone shot on his monitor.

"This was the easiest call to make, if I'd have gotten the (correct) replay," Riese told The Oklahoman.

The controversy is now more than two months old. It will be muted this week by the discussion of the championship merits of Michigan, Florida and USC. But it won't go away.

Link to whole article (http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9832320)

All_Day_28
11/27/2006, 08:54 PM

TexasGolfer Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &

;)
where is this magical place you speak of?

tulsaOUfan
11/27/2006, 09:10 PM
I agree. give the guy a break. Besides I've been on this board for several days now and haven't seen this before. I appreciated this news, no matter how old.

Just because you've seen it posted before doesn't mean EVERYONE has seen it.

Stitch Face
11/27/2006, 09:59 PM
Guys, settle down. Gordon's blood pressure is rising....

badger
11/27/2006, 10:01 PM
lets be easy on him, guys. people aren't on here 24/7 unless they're whorns looking to stir up trouble. let's be nice and welcoming sooner fans.

David Earl
11/27/2006, 10:15 PM
Is AD, or “All Day” the most appropriate nickname for Adrian Peterson? I mean as long as he’s over on the lame and lazy list, as he has been for the past 5 weeks and a large portion of last season, he’s not there “All Day.” Nor is he really there at all save for his motivational support. I was thinking it might be time for a change. For example, ADS (All Day, Sometimes) is a good one. Maybe HS (Half Season), or ADWINI (All Day When I’m Not Injured). Perhaps my personal favorite which is ADWMDIP (All Day While My Dad’s In Prison).

For those of you concerned about this little piece of work, Beano banned him a few days ago. His post remains as a monument, perpetually testifying to the poor manner in which this person represents his fanbase.

Every OSU fan I know is ashamed of people like this. He's a disgrace to Cowboy fans everywhere. He's the proverbial pigfarm on the outskirts of their fandome.

jwlynn64
11/28/2006, 01:31 AM
where is this magical place you speak of?

You might want to research the Helander name. This post is meant to be sarcastic and not factual.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/28/2006, 10:19 AM
He's a disgrace to Cowboy fans everywhere.

Really? All 20 of them?

MiccoMacey
11/28/2006, 10:48 AM
Really? All 20 of them?

There aren't 20 OSU fans.

There are around 45,000 "I hate OU" fans.