PDA

View Full Version : Look where CBS Bowl predictions put us now

Blues1
11/24/2006, 05:24 PM
Why Not...!!!

LINK
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Go Sooners -- Take Care of Business....!!!

Still R'

All_Day_28
11/24/2006, 05:26 PM
God I hope Boise St. loses.. I don't want such an easy matchup..

Blues1
11/24/2006, 05:26 PM
Go NEVADA....!!!!

sooneron
11/24/2006, 05:27 PM
Will WV travel well for the second year in a row??

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2006, 05:30 PM
Hey Hillbillies!!!! Y'all come by now. Sit a spell. Take you shoes off (except for Olevet).;)

sooneron
11/24/2006, 05:31 PM
Hey Hillbillies!!!! Y'all come by now. Sit a spell. Take you shoes off (except for Olevet).;)
heh

bluedogok
11/24/2006, 05:44 PM
I could care less who we would play, let's beat up on whoever it is.

BoomerSooner247
11/24/2006, 05:51 PM
I could care less who we would play, let's beat up on whoever it is.i seocond that motion as long as we win i don't care who we play, we've overcame so many trials that its amazing how far we've gone.

sanantoniosooner
11/24/2006, 05:57 PM
As long as playing Boise State doesn't involve that eyesore of a field, I'm cool with it.

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 06:02 PM
God I hope Boise St. loses.. I don't want such an easy matchup.. I would much rather play SuC or Notre Damn.. is that possible??

How would you feel if we got DonkeyStomped by Boise State? How do you know that it would be such an "EASY MATCHUP"?!? I wouldn't look past anyone getting to a BCS game. If we're good enough to get to a BCS bowl, I'm sure we'll have our hands full with anyone.

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 06:10 PM
I'd take Boise State over ND on a neutral field.

BermudaSooner
11/24/2006, 06:14 PM
They've got Texas in the Alamo bowl...bawha ha ha ha.

All_Day_28
11/24/2006, 06:23 PM
How would you feel if we got DonkeyStomped by Boise State? How do you know that it would be such an "EASY MATCHUP"?!? I wouldn't look past anyone getting to a BCS game. If we're good enough to get to a BCS bowl, I'm sure we'll have our hands full with anyone.
Boise St. cannot compete with us..

ruf/nekdad
11/24/2006, 06:24 PM

Western Athletic Conferance :rolleyes:

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 06:27 PM
Western Athletic Conferance :rolleyes:

Remind me again what conference TCU plays in . . .

Do you think that the MWC is a strong conference?

bluedogok
11/24/2006, 06:30 PM
TCU is in the Mountain West Conference this week.......

They were in C-USA a few weeks ago and the WAC before that.

All_Day_28
11/24/2006, 06:30 PM
you're comparing apples and oranges..

ruf/nekdad
11/24/2006, 06:31 PM

That would be the Mountain West. Why?

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 06:37 PM
Again, my point was - do you think that they play in a weak conf?

(I went back and edited that post to clarify my question)

Do you think that the MWC is comparable to the WAC? I think that the WAC & MWC are very similar in the fact that Many if not ALL on this board would think that we SHOULDN'T lose to ANYONE in either one of those conferences.

Scott D
11/24/2006, 06:40 PM

Do you think that the MWC is comparable to the WAC? I think that the WAC & MWC are very similar in the fact that Many if not ALL on this board would think that we SHOULDN'T lose to ANYONE in either one of those conferences.

No, because the MWC was formed by the GOOD teams leaving the WAC and forming with some teams that were left homeless by other realignments.

All_Day_28
11/24/2006, 06:41 PM

This team is on a completely different level than the one that lost to TCU.. you're right we shouldn't lose to either.. But this team we have now and the way they are playing, would not have lost to TCU, nor would they lose to Boise St.

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 06:45 PM
This team is on a completely different level than the one that lost to TCU.. you're right we shouldn't lose to either.. But this team we have now and the way they are playing, would not have lost to TCU, nor would they lose to Boise St.

I'd agree with that - but I don't think that it's apples and oranges - as you stated earlier.

I just hate for us (as fans) to put the cart before the horse - so to speak.

And as for how we are playing right now . . . we have been very careless with the ball in our last 3 games - that scares the crap out of me.

Here's to us taking care of business in our next 3 games! (No matter who the opponents are . . . :D )

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 06:48 PM
I bet Oregon State (the team that beat USC and just beat a team we lost to) didn't think they'd lose to Boise State either.

Top 25 Hawaii probably thought they would beat Boise State too. They were also wrong.

ruf/nekdad
11/24/2006, 06:49 PM
Pass the rose colored glasses, but no, I do not think OU should lose to any of these teams.

Boise St. 7-0 11-0
Hawaii 7-1 9-2
Nevada 5-2 8-3
San Jose St. 3-3 6-4
Fresno St. 3-3 3-7
Idaho 3-4 4-7
Louisiana Tech 1-5 3-8
Utah St. 1-6 1-10
New Mex. St. 0-6 2-8

All_Day_28
11/24/2006, 06:50 PM
I'd agree with that - but I don't think that it's apples and oranges - as you stated earlier.

I just hate for us (as fans) to put the cart before the horse - so to speak.

And as for how we are playing right now . . . we have been very careless with the ball in our last 3 games - that scares the crap out of me.

Here's to us taking care of business in our next 3 games! (No matter who the opponents are . . . :D )
agreed.. just to clarrify, when I said apples and oranges I was referring to OU, implying that we're are talking about two completely different teams...

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 07:03 PM
Pass the rose colored glasses, but no, I do not think OU should lose to any of these teams.

Boise St. 7-0 11-0
Hawaii 7-1 9-2
Nevada 5-2 8-3
San Jose St. 3-3 6-4
Fresno St. 3-3 3-7
Idaho 3-4 4-7
Louisiana Tech 1-5 3-8
Utah St. 1-6 1-10
New Mex. St. 0-6 2-8

And Boise State probably wouldn't lose to any of the teams we've beaten this year either.

***And I just realized that the Oregon State/Oregon game is not final yet. My bad.

OKC-SLC
11/24/2006, 09:42 PM
do we have a fiesta bowl trophy? I can't think of one. That'd be a nice score.

Salt City Sooner
11/24/2006, 09:55 PM
We beat Wyoming 41-7 in the '76 Fiesta, & lost 32-21 to ASU (Dupree's brilliant half-game effort) in '83.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/24/2006, 10:16 PM
They've got Texas in the Alamo bowl...bawha ha ha ha.

Texas would still be rank higher than Nebbish should OU win out. That would likely put Texas in the Cotton and Nebbish elsewhere...

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 11:15 PM

I know this has already been answered...but just a little more trivia for ya: I seem to remember when we beat Wazzu in the 2003 Rose Bowl that we became the first team to have trophies from the 5 "big ones": Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar and Cotton. I think someone else has joined us now, but I'm not sure.

AzianSooner
11/24/2006, 11:32 PM
man .. talk about the game tomorow and Big 12.. too many games now for this year. Hope we can take care of the business well.

Salt City Sooner
11/25/2006, 12:46 AM
I know this has already been answered...but just a little more trivia for ya: I seem to remember when we beat Wazzu in the 2003 Rose Bowl that we became the first team to have trophies from the 5 "big ones": Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar and Cotton. I think someone else has joined us now, but I'm not sure.
I'm not sure if they were the first, but I know Penn St. turned that trick with their Rose Bowl win over the quacks back in '95.

Harry Beanbag
11/25/2006, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure if they were the first, but I know Penn St. turned that trick with their Rose Bowl win over the quacks back in '95.

I'm not going to look it up, but Miami might have done it too.

Fraggle145
11/25/2006, 04:08 AM
Will WV travel well for the second year in a row??

If there is one team that I think is a dog, but that I dont want to play it is WV... ask UGA about them in big bowl games... :pop:

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:39 AM
When was the last time that Georgia actually played like they were supposed to?

Stoop Dawg
11/25/2006, 10:23 AM
They want to pit the tradition of OU against freakin' BSU? BSU should play Louisville in the "WhoGAS Bowl".

And both sides of the BSU debate are correct. BSU is probably better than people think. Which is a problem, because if you lose you look stupid and if you win it's no big deal. Who wants to play a game like that?

UT Fan: Congrats on beating up on freakin' Boise St. :rolleyes:

or

UT Fan: You guys lost to freakin' Boise St.!!! LMFAO!!!!

No, bring on a team with some tradition and respect, please.

soonersweetie
11/25/2006, 10:40 AM
Considering all that our team has been through this year, I would be elated to even get to a BCS game this year, and I could care less who we play when we get there. Remember after the pre-season QB situation, the "powers that be" in the media said OU's BCS dreams were crushed? Then we started to win a few games and the media said well maybe not, that Thompson kid looks pretty good. And then came Oregon and that game crushed our BCS hopes, in the eyes of the media. And then came tx, and of course after that game, forget the BCS game completely, OU would be lucky to make it to a respectable bowl. Since then, every week we just keep winning. Things just keep happening to put us into a position to make it to that all elusive BCS game.

How many of us actually thought A&M would beat tx? I know I wished for it, but I didn't really think it could happen. I do know that Stoops thought it could happen though. All year he has believed in this team when no one else has, particularly our beloved media. Coach of the year in my opinion, and not just because I'm a Sooner ;)

With everything that we have been through and all of the obstacles and negativity this year, we actually have a chance to go to a BCS game. THAT IS AMAZING!!!

We could actually see AD beat up on Nebraska next week and then shine for all the nation to see in a BCS game. That is pretty special.

And I could careless WHO we play in doing it

Boomer Sooner!!!

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2006, 10:40 AM
Only a week ago we were whining that we were going to get cheated out of a BCS Bowl game.

Now we are whining about who we could potentially play in one.

Who is in charge of the "Whine" switch?

Indy Sooner
11/25/2006, 10:50 AM
I'm not going to look it up, but Miami might have done it too.

Miami has never won the Fiesta Bowl.

OKC-SLC
11/25/2006, 11:03 AM
too much bad mojo all over sf.com today, i see.

stoopified
11/25/2006, 11:32 AM
They've got Texas in the Alamo bowl...bawha ha ha ha.Oh how the Great Mack has fallen.I think we beat Boise by 3 TDs,they ARE way Overrhyped.Who have they played?

gnostic19
11/25/2006, 01:46 PM
Why Not...!!!

LINK
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Go Sooners -- Take Care of Business....!!!

Still R'

I have a question...when has CBSportsline ever gotten anything right?