PDA

View Full Version : Texas HS Football Thread

GrapevineSooner
11/24/2006, 04:39 PM
Carroll and it's 43-game winning streak is on the ropes right now against Euless Trinity.

They're down 22-16 right now but are about to get the ball back.

GrapevineSooner
11/24/2006, 04:40 PM
Holy crap.

Trinity tried to go for a fake punt on a 4th and 5 on their own of the field and they didn't make it.

Carroll has it on Trinity's 40 with about 3 minutes left.

GrapevineSooner
11/24/2006, 04:46 PM
Carroll scores a TD with 37 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

It's actually 22-21 in favor of the Dragons.

mrowl
11/24/2006, 05:10 PM
what a great game. Southlake still undefeated.

GrapevineSooner
11/24/2006, 05:39 PM
Trinity's coach is going to be second guessed between now and the start of next season for that fake punt.

I know Carroll's offense is high powered. But you don't give them a short field with so little time on the clock.

Make them drive the field.

trwxxa
11/24/2006, 06:48 PM
It's too bad that 2 of the top 3 teams in the state were playing in the second round. I guess it is what it is.

Sounds like it was a great game.

GrapevineSooner
11/25/2006, 12:15 AM
I'm just happy they got to play each other, period.

For those who don't know how the playoffs are structured here in Texas in 5A, the top three teams from each district make the playoffs. From there, the school with the highest enrollment goes to one division (division I) while the other two get put into another division (division II). In years past (mostly because of upsets in Week 10), Trinity would get put in Division I while Carroll got placed in Division II.

This year, they both happened to get placed in Division I.

trwxxa
11/25/2006, 01:02 PM
I'm just happy they got to play each other, period.

For those who don't know how the playoffs are structured here in Texas in 5A, the top three teams from each district make the playoffs. From there, the school with the highest enrollment goes to one division (division I) while the other two get put into another division (division II). In years past (mostly because of upsets in Week 10), Trinity would get put in Division I while Carroll got placed in Division II.

This year, they both happened to get placed in Division I.

Starting this year the top FOUR in each 5A district made the playoffs. Two in D-I and two in D-II

The NBA has nothing on Texas H.S. Football.

josh09
11/25/2006, 01:40 PM
wow sounded like a great game. i just hope lufkin plays SLC sometime, that game would be incredible.

mrowl
11/25/2006, 10:44 PM
its time for a 6A division. wayyyyy to many teams make the 5A playoffs now.

And I just found out my next door neighbor is the head coach at Lewisville. cool. They lost to southlake last week.

mfosterftw
11/25/2006, 11:15 PM
Yup, and put them all in the same f'n playoff bracket... This two-tiered crap is stupid... just play one more game the next week already, and crown a single champ... yeesh!!!

And SEED THE FREAKING BRACKETS!!! Why in the heck are two top 15 teams IN THE NATION playing in the second round?!???

Marc - Euless Trinity '88, except we got moved to Detroit for my senior year...

trwxxa
11/26/2006, 09:55 AM
wow sounded like a great game. i just hope lufkin plays SLC sometime, that game would be incredible.

Lufkin got hammered by Round Rock yesterday.

Beef
11/26/2006, 09:57 AM
It was also awesome that they could get the #1 and #2 4A teams in the state playing each other in the second round. And playing in Louisiana. I guess having the great teams play each other early makes sure that they play each other and aren't upset before the matchup can happen.