PDA

View Full Version : Now, who do we play???

Soonermagik
11/24/2006, 04:17 PM
Assuming we win out who and where will we play??

Danny_Boy
11/24/2006, 04:18 PM
Nebraska, and then that darn Boise in the Fiesta.

sooner94
11/24/2006, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't mind getting WVU and spanking them in front of a national audience.

I just hope we don't get Boise St. That would be a boring blow-out.

mrowl
11/24/2006, 04:20 PM
boise st. if OU wins the Big 12

Pride Baritone
11/24/2006, 04:21 PM
It would really suck to come back from everything we've gone through this year, finally get ourselves into a BCS bowl, and get stuck playing Boise State. :(

mhackl
11/24/2006, 04:26 PM
It would really suck to come back from everything we've gone through this year, finally get ourselves into a BCS bowl, and get stuck playing Boise State. :(

I couldn't agree more. We've got to get at least a simi-notable team in a bowl. Sorry B.S. but W.A.C. stands for Weak A$$ Conference.

josh09
11/24/2006, 04:27 PM

OR it would suck to get a chance to get in the big XII championship, but blow it because we overlooked the red-headed stepchildren.

OR it would suck to lose in the big XII championship game, because we overlooked the huskers.

im just sayin, dont forget about 2003.

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 04:31 PM
All you folks counting your "chickens before they're hatched" are not realizing what kind of work we have ahead of ourselves.

1. We have to beat osu in stillwater - this isn't going to be an easy task - please remember 2001.

2. We would then get to play a pretty good nebraska team - one that has a Zac Taylor that would love to get one last chance to beat his hometown team that turned him down.

3. We'd likely play a very dangerous Boise State team that resembles a BETTER texas tech team - with a defense. They'd be looking to make a statement to the college football world that they have arrived.

ALL of these games make me nervous. I wouldn't take any of them for granted.

J.M.H.O.

mhackl
11/24/2006, 04:36 PM
I don't think that anyone is truly looking past stoolwater or the corn hustlers. But it is interesting to ponder the possibilities.

Ike
11/24/2006, 04:42 PM
I don't think that anyone is truly looking past stoolwater or the corn hustlers. But it is interesting to ponder the possibilities.

I find its just great to have the possibilities to ponder. At this point, thats exciting enough. However, I still expect us to take care of business and git er done. Yeah, it'll be tough, but that just makes it more fun to watch.

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 04:44 PM
I just think it's silly to say something like - "We should be playing a more worthy opponent." IF, and that's a big IF - we get to a BCS game, we need to worry about WINNING it - no matter who the opponent is - considering we've lost our last 2 that we've been to.

OUfan7
11/24/2006, 04:49 PM
MAN LAW-Agreed, no overlooking anybody!!!

85sooners
11/24/2006, 04:49 PM
I just think it's silly to say something like - "We should be playing a more worthy opponent." IF, and that's a big IF - we get to a BCS game, we need to worry about WINNING it - no matter who the opponent is - considering we've lost our last 2 that we've been to.WE ARE THE FANS....WE DONT PLAY THE GAMES YOU NEED TO BE GIVING THOSE SPEECHS TO THE PLAYERS BOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!

TUSooner
11/24/2006, 04:51 PM
Durn right!
Don't EVEN talk this crap until poke state is destroyed !!!

sooneron
11/24/2006, 04:54 PM
Boise st has to get to a bcs bowl too. We need to take it to the ags in a biblical OT sort of way tomorrow.

yermom
11/24/2006, 04:58 PM
Boise st has to get to a bcs bowl too. We need to take it to the ags in a biblical OT sort of way tomorrow.

YES!

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

then we should salt the earth :D

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 04:59 PM
WE ARE THE FANS....WE DONT PLAY THE GAMES YOU NEED TO BE GIVING THOSE SPEECHS TO THE PLAYERS BOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!

I just left a vm for Rufus Alexander - I just thought I'd share it with "THE FANS.":D

sooneron
11/24/2006, 05:08 PM
YES!

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

And medieval, don't forget about getting medieval on their azzes!!

yermom
11/24/2006, 05:14 PM
i'll pring the pair of pliers and a blowtorch

TripleOption14
11/24/2006, 05:17 PM

I concur!!!! One sh!t at a time.

Also..... what is the latest on AP? Is he gonna be ready to go tomorrow. Has anyone heard anything on his ankle condition?

douxpaysan
11/24/2006, 05:18 PM
YES!

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!

Don't forget to Smite the Philistine Mofoes

Texas Golfer
11/24/2006, 05:20 PM
Assuming we win out who and where will we play??

Excuse me for not assuming anything.

Miko
11/24/2006, 05:23 PM
I can see it now: We had some defensive breakdowns and those turnover really hurt us. But obviously the blame for this loss lies squarely on the shoulders of our fan base. They clearly were over looking our opponent this week. I mean, [they] were out there on the internet and ebay and what have you breaking down next week's opponent and discussing bowl implications. You can't win in this conference doing that! We as coaches preach to them about having to cheer ONE GAME AT A TIME, but obviously we have to work on that!" :rolleyes:

That having been said, I was really worried that we would come out flat against the pokes if the cows had taken care of the farmers. I am less worried about that now :D

And I too would rather not play boise state. What's in it for us, besides the payday?

It's akin to saying that the bed lamb game is for "bragging rights". Who the hell brags about beating the pokes (or bs)? That's like bragging that you beat your little sister in arm wrestling.

If win, fine. You should have won. If you lose, gawd help you. You lost to Cowtipping State?!?!? or You actually lost to The Little Sisters of the Chronically Colorblind?!?!?!

yermom
11/24/2006, 05:36 PM
I can see it now: We had some defensive breakdowns and those turnover really hurt us. But obviously the blame for this loss lies squarely on the shoulders of our fan base. They clearly were over looking our opponent this week. I mean, [they] were out there on the internet and ebay and what have you breaking down next week's opponent and discussing bowl implications. You can't win in this conference doing that! We as coaches preach to them about having to cheer ONE GAME AT A TIME, but obviously we have to work on that!" :rolleyes:

That having been said, I was really worried that we would come out flat against the pokes if the cows had taken care of the farmers. I am less worried about that now :D

And I too would rather not play boise state. What's in it for us, besides the payday?

It's akin to saying that the bed lamb game is for "bragging rights". Who the hell brags about beating the pokes (or bs)? That's like bragging that you beat your little sister in arm wrestling.

If win, fine. You should have won. If you lose, gawd help you. You lost to Cowtipping State?!?!? or You actually lost to The Little Sisters of the Chronically Colorblind?!?!?!

i was thinking the opposite

i could just see Texass choking and then us losing in Stoolwater

OK2LA
11/24/2006, 06:25 PM
Obviously what I or any of you other knuckleheads :D say on this here innerweb makes a difference on how our or any other team plays.

That crow just tastes that much worse when you read that people were mouthing off about how any opponent wouldn't be "worthy".

It's message board material, and I'm sure it will continue until we find out who we play.

mhackl
11/24/2006, 06:27 PM

That was beautiful.
I love this bar.:texan: