PDA

View Full Version : Ardmore pastor named Pope of Oklahoma Baptists

Okla-homey
11/24/2006, 10:27 AM
well, not 'zackly. Baptists don't recognize no popery.;)

Nevertheless, the pastor of the church in Ardmore in which I was raised is now "The Head Honcho of Oklahoma Baptists!"

yay Ardmore. :D

http://newsok.com/article/keyword/2975767/

royalfan5
11/24/2006, 10:40 AM
If he were smart, he'd have everyone convert to Lutheranism, since that will happen eventually anyway.

TopDawg
11/24/2006, 06:37 PM
"The Head Honcho of Oklahoma Baptists!"

...well, not 'zackly ALL Baptists. ;)

Even still, congrats to him.

OUAndy1807
11/24/2006, 07:10 PM
he'd be more like an Archbishop.

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2006, 10:59 PM
Wait until he gets caught with his pants down with a queer snorting drugs.

Okla-homey
11/25/2006, 07:23 AM
Wait until he gets caught with his pants down with a queer snorting drugs.

Unlikely, particularly since he's never made homerphobey a big part of his message. Never even heard him mention it. See, those guys who make a big deal about the evils of homerseckshualism are the ones who secretly take it up the coal chute. As an aside, I figure that Fred Phelps, of "God Hates Fags" fame, probably secretly dresses up as Heidi and allows four men, two midgets and trained billy-goat to make him yodel.

VeeJay
11/25/2006, 07:36 AM
Heh - "coal chute."

The Baptist church we wuz going to a couple of years ago had as its pastor that didn't preach against the gayness of the world - he just said he didn't condone the homosexualists because the Bible preached against it. He said if a gay couple came into his congregation he would accept them, but not be accepting of their lifestyle. I don't know how you'd separate the two.

What he did rail against all the time was looking at internet pron. He said he wouldn't even get on the interwebbers unless his wife wuz in the room, free to monitor his surfing habits. That suggested to me preacher man had some temptation issues going on.

We don't get out to church much these days.

Okla-homey
11/25/2006, 08:16 AM
:O

Heh - "coal chute."

The Baptist church we wuz going to a couple of years ago had as its pastor that didn't preach against the gayness of the world - he just said he didn't condone the homosexualists because the Bible preached against it. He said if a gay couple came into his congregation he would accept them, but not be accepting of their lifestyle. I don't know how you'd separate the two.

Tolerance is one thing. Acceptance is another.

What he did rail against all the time was looking at internet pron. He said he wouldn't even get on the interwebbers unless his wife wuz in the room, free to monitor his surfing habits. That suggested to me preacher man had some temptation issues going on.

Fact is, as I'm sure you know, there is reason to fear innerweb pron addiction. Apparently, quite a few folks are addicted. Perhaps avoidance is best for some folks. Similarly, some folks won't ever take a drink because they fear alcoholism.

We don't get out to church much these days. Sorry to hear that. Church can be a marvelously uplifting part of a person's life, if they find the right one..