PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk ST. gives Iowa State a scare

SoonerObsession
11/23/2006, 11:49 PM
56-49 at Iowa State. Maybe we won't be last in the league after all. Seriously, I think we might finish in the middle of the Big 12 if we can keep Austin Johnson healthy.

royalfan5
11/23/2006, 11:52 PM
You didn't notice prior to this that 4 of the Big XII North teams aren't very good? NU, CU, MU, and ISU will likely be the bottom 4 in the league. Not a lot of talent on those 3 rosters. NU has been suiting up the student managers due to injuries.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2006, 02:31 AM
we have a chance to be pretty good as some of the guys have really stepped up their game since last year. however, they have got to learn to take care of the ball and to guard the 3 point line without fouling.

OSUAggie
11/24/2006, 10:52 AM
You guys just don't have a consistent offensive threat. Nobody that really demands to be covered with tough defense. Neal is a nice shooter, but he's not good enough with the ball in his hands to pose a huge threat offensively. I think Capel is doing a good job with the group he has, but there are too many Renzi Stone-type players on this Sooner squad. If somebody can step up offensively, OU might challenge for a bye on Thursday.

For years, there were the OU teams that looked pretty much like the current one, but there was 1 great offensive player. Minor, Nate, Brewer, Najera, etc... Then, when Sampson found more than 1 scorer, OU started making some noise past the 1st round of the tournament. Price, White and #13 were pretty dynamic offensively. I think Capel will get the people in next year and develop the young people on this team to be a little better offensively in the coming years. I don't know if a consistent scorer can be developed this year, however.

OUstud
11/24/2006, 11:52 AM
royalfan, don't sell NU too short. They did beat Creighton. I think they'll do well this year. I think Mizzou will do ok, that 40 minutes of hell style will beat teams they shouldn't beat. But you're right on ISU and CU. They suck. And I think TTU will finish near the bottom as well.

royalfan5
11/24/2006, 12:02 PM
royalfan, don't sell NU too short. They did beat Creighton. I think they'll do well this year. I think Mizzou will do ok, that 40 minutes of hell style will beat teams they shouldn't beat. But you're right on ISU and CU. They suck. And I think TTU will finish near the bottom as well.
NU isn't going to shoot 67% from the floor like they did against Creighton every game. NU has one legit big man, and he is foul prone. NU is going to get hammered on the boards when we play a team with size. NU isn't very deep either. The Creighton game should be considered the exception instead of the rule, Doc's first big game in front of a packed house against an in-state rival that had owned you, created a special situation. It's like OSU randomly beating OU in football. NU will be better, but it may not happen this year, as the depth and talent isn't there to hang with the big boys over the Big XII grind.

King Crimson
11/24/2006, 12:05 PM
I think Capel is doing a good job with the group he has, but there are too many Renzi Stone-type players on this Sooner squad.

I don't know what the **** you are talking about. we're not very good but we could DEFINITELY use a Renzi Stone type. Moron.

stoopified
11/24/2006, 04:42 PM
The main I picked OU to finish 6-7-8 range is the fact that I think there are only 3 - 4 teams CLEARLY better than us in conf.Everyone else we CAN compete with.