PDA

View Full Version : After we beat the Aggies...

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 10:42 PM
...we should be a lock for a top 10 spot....

Flagstaffsooner
11/23/2006, 10:43 PM
Let's get the job done first.

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 10:46 PM
Let's get the job done first.

We will....

rainiersooner
11/23/2006, 11:04 PM
I like Gordon Riese coming out in the papers and again saying that he botched the call in Eugene. The polls are the worst way to rank teams in my opinion because they are totally vulnerable to the voters' emotions...in this case, his statement should continue to give us some momentum I believe.

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, beating a 6-5 team will make the voters say "Get em into the Top 10!"

yermom
11/23/2006, 11:32 PM
it would be nice if they give us some credit for the Oregon thing, maybe him coming out with more info with make the pollsters feel a little guilty ;)

we need to stomp the Pukes though

Readyfor8
11/23/2006, 11:38 PM

How about not losing to a 6-5 team, would that get us into the top 10?

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 11:46 PM
If Oregon is 6-5, it is out of an attack of guilt from the OU game...

RRWSooner
11/23/2006, 11:54 PM
If Oregon is 6-5, it is out of an attack of guilt from the OU game...

Well...the way I see it, they really are a 6-5 team, except when the refs are playing for them then they are more like a 11-0 team.:rolleyes:

Widescreen
11/23/2006, 11:55 PM
I think "lock" is a little ambitious.

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 11:58 PM
I think it is a "lock" at -6.....

SoonerDood
11/24/2006, 12:11 AM
it will more than "Losing" to a 7-4 team.

STATE
11/24/2006, 02:12 AM
Has anyone checked the recent NCAA national championship count? I think State has like twice as many as the sooners. Yes, this does include all athletic events... not just football. Yes, they do keep count of all collegiate events. Isn't that a bitch!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2006, 02:22 AM
Has anyone checked the recent NCAA national championship count? I think State has like twice as many as the sooners. Yes, this does include all athletic events... not just football. Yes, they do keep count of all collegiate events. Isn't that a bitch!

speaking of which, that's a might impressive list of court dockets you got there pix...

ou4me
11/24/2006, 02:24 AM
Just because the NCAA and the aggots keep track of Wrasslin' and goat ropin' champeenships doesn't mean other sports fans do.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2006, 02:28 AM
Just because the NCAA and the aggots keep track of Wrasslin' and goat ropin' champeenships doesn't mean other sports fans do.

very few schools have a dynasty in a sport and i don't begrudge the pokeys for theirs. my problem is when a waste of flesh pollutes our board with the same post 3 times...

Piware
11/24/2006, 03:46 AM

Don't forget barrel racin' - they still get to count barrel racin' don't they. How about mud rassling' - I'll bet that's in the count too because of Title IX and all.
I prefer the men's rasslin' with all those sweaty guys in little leotards grabbin' each others butts and rollin' around in the floor. Whew! It makes me feel all funny and stuff.

yermom
11/24/2006, 03:48 AM
it's not like OU doesn't have a rasslin' program...

Piware
11/24/2006, 03:56 AM
Didn't say we don't have one - just said I like it. Gotta admit though, that day-glow Puke orange really makes things stand out. Grrrrrr.......

King Crimson
11/24/2006, 04:55 AM

wow, that is ****ing awesome. at first, i thought you meant just football.

:rolleyes:

Crimsontothecore
11/24/2006, 06:57 AM
You're right, that's why osu is always mentioned in the same breath as the Nebraska's, Notre Dame's, OU's, Alabama's..ect.:rolleyes:

If you want to know the difference between having all those wrasslin titles and having 7 NC's in football, Just go count the empty seats at rustoleum stadium during ANY home game.

It amuses me how quick you chokes are to point out your total championship count when even your own kind aren't impressed enough to attend games:rolleyes:

sooner-n-ga
11/24/2006, 09:32 AM
OU only fell something like 2 spots after the lost to Oregon. What hurt more was the close game with UAB, our sooner dropped about 4 spots after that showing. To move up, teams within 3 or 4 spots ahead of you have to lose and this hasn't happened as much as the sooners have needed it to.

The sooners are headed to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl.