19:02 Brad Larsen: 10-Minute Game Misconduct
19:17 Scott Mellanby: 2-Minute Bench Penalty for Instigating
19:17 Scott Mellanby: 5 Minutes for Fighting
19:17 Scott Mellanby: 10 Minutes for Misconduct
19:17 Scott Mellanby: 10-Minute Game Misconduct
19:17 Jamie Heward: 5 Minutes for Fighting

Mixer!
11/23/2006, 03:56 PM
Heh. You need to come to a Central Hockey League game sometime - preferably OKC vs. Wichita.

HoserSooner
11/23/2006, 04:26 PM
We attend a handfull of games here in town for the local junior team. That is where the fighting is at.....junior and semi-pro, minor leagues are great.

trwxxa
11/23/2006, 06:17 PM
Didn't take them long to start the suspensions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2673719

Hoser. Leafs are off to a decent start. I'm not sure they can maintain this, especially if they have a few more injuries.

Scott D
11/23/2006, 09:37 PM
I'm impressed that Hossa dropped the gloves.

HoserSooner
11/23/2006, 10:18 PM
Didn't take them long to start the suspensions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2673719

Hoser. Leafs are off to a decent start. I'm not sure they can maintain this, especially if they have a few more injuries.

Certainly surprising everyone in the Leaf nation. Season is still young, and they have done well without Sundin in the lineup (should be back this weekend). Tucker has become a threat scoring, and McCabe and Kaberle have lethal shots from the point. Kaberle especially has come into his own this season, and those two boys are locked in for the next 5 years.

Raycroft has surpassed expectations, and Peca has been the pickup of the year...dude doesn't put the puck in the net, but on the penalty kill, he is solid.

Don't have my seats reserved yet for the Stanley Cup parade though. If it's one thing Leafs fans know, is not to get too excited too soon. Lots of hockey left.

Scott D - Yeah, I had to do a double-take when I saw that...he's a big guy, but never struck me as the fighting type.

HoserSooner
11/23/2006, 10:40 PM
Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1DIzvD3eE) evidence for those that didn't see it.

trwxxa
11/24/2006, 12:18 PM
I'm surprised Sutton didn't get any kind of fine or suspension. It looks like his hit(?) that started it all could be classified as an attempt to injure.

HoserSooner
11/24/2006, 04:19 PM
I'm surprised Sutton didn't get any kind of fine or suspension. It looks like his hit(?) that started it all could be classified as an attempt to injure.

He is certainly known for that kind of thing too. He likes to hit, but sometimes it seems to be of the dirty variety.

I think they meet again tomorrow night, so we'll see what happens.

Scott D
11/24/2006, 06:46 PM
He is certainly known for that kind of thing too. He likes to hit, but sometimes it seems to be of the dirty variety.

I think they meet again tomorrow night, so we'll see what happens.

so in other words, Sutton pulled a Darcy Tucker....somehow that doesn't surprize me.

HoserSooner
11/24/2006, 11:35 PM
so in other words, Sutton pulled a Darcy Tucker....somehow that doesn't surprize me.

Heh, point taken. ;)

Tucker though seems to have grown up a bit this year, and is concentrating on scoring and not being a pest. Aside from beating the tar out of Shaefer (Ottawa), he's been pretty well behaved.

I still wouldn't trade him for the world....

Scott D
11/24/2006, 11:39 PM
well be fair Hoser, he can't cheap shot then hide behind Domi anymore. :)

mfosterftw
11/25/2006, 07:00 PM
Juniors and the minors are where it's at if you want the ice to look like a yard sale. Here's a part of the Santa Fe Roadrunners - Texas Tornado game last night. The Tornado play in Frisco and the Roadrunners used to be a cross-town rival before they moved from North Richland Hills.

Texas - Nielsson Arcibal - (Roughing), 2 min, 2:29
Texas - Tom Brooks - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Texas - Tom Brooks - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Texas - Adam Flink - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Texas - Adam Flink - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Thomas Hill - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Thomas Hill - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Josh Kamrass - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Thomas Kleidon - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Thomas Kleidon - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Tibor Kutalek - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Tibor Kutalek - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Texas - Colin Long - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Naaman Moorman - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - Naaman Moorman - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Texas - Jake Newton - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Texas - Jake Newton - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Texas - Sean Roadhouse - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Texas - Sean Roadhouse - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - John Stoddard - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Santa Fe - John Stoddard - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29
Texas - Paul Yovanic - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 2:29
Texas - Paul Yovanic - (Fighting Game Misconduct), 10 min, 2:29

Back in February 2004 (when the Roadrunners were still in Texas) these two franchises played an apocalyptic game that resulted in 414 PIMs any something in the vicinity of 45 player-games of suspension. That's still my record for PIMs in a game I've broadcast.

Marc

HoserSooner
11/25/2006, 09:40 PM
well be fair Hoser, he can't cheap shot then hide behind Domi anymore. :)

Actually, Tucker has never been one to hide behind anyone. He fights his own battles, usually against guys much bigger than he is.

Tonights game for example, he hit Charra (almost a foot taller, and 80 lbs. heavier) and knocked him off his feet. Boston player came in and Tucker knocked him down, and then another player jumped in and they chucked the knuckles.

I understand why he is hated by everyone outside of Toronto though. He's a Matthew Barnaby with a better scoring touch, and worse teeth. :D

Scott D
11/25/2006, 11:27 PM
Actually, Tucker has never been one to hide behind anyone. He fights his own battles, usually against guys much bigger than he is.

Tonights game for example, he hit Charra (almost a foot taller, and 80 lbs. heavier) and knocked him off his feet. Boston player came in and Tucker knocked him down, and then another player jumped in and they chucked the knuckles.

I understand why he is hated by everyone outside of Toronto though. He's a Matthew Barnaby with a better scoring touch, and worse teeth. :D

It was Tucker's first year in Toronto, he took a cheap run at Shanahan, the second after the whistle that Shanahan went looking for Tucker, he hid behind Domi. He had the tendency to hide behind other players when he played for Montreal as well. Only reason Tucker is willing to fight his own battles now is twofold. 1) Domi clearly taught him something..or he finally grew a pair. 2) he doesn't have Domi to hide behind anymore.

HoserSooner
11/26/2006, 01:17 AM
It was Tucker's first year in Toronto, he took a cheap run at Shanahan, the second after the whistle that Shanahan went looking for Tucker, he hid behind Domi. He had the tendency to hide behind other players when he played for Montreal as well. Only reason Tucker is willing to fight his own battles now is twofold. 1) Domi clearly taught him something..or he finally grew a pair. 2) he doesn't have Domi to hide behind anymore.

I don't remember that, but I'm sure it happened. He used to be that kind of player, but Belak has filled in for Domi this year, so it's not like the Leafs don't have an enforcer to police other teams' actions. He's the first one into a gathering of players to break stuff up, even though he's only 5' 10" and 180 lbs soaking wet.

In recent years, he has taken more shots than he has given, and deals with incidents on his own. A game I was at last year, he handed Cam Jannsen his ***, and he's a heavyweight.

He's a player that everyone loves to hate, but he has progressed from a cheap shot artist into a gritty power forward that is lethal on the power play and dishes out hits all over the ice.

GrapevineSooner
11/27/2006, 10:09 PM
In other news, Detroit still owns Marty. :mad:

Actually, this wasn't Marty's fault at all. Dallas just decided they didn't need to play defense while on the power play in the third period. :mad: :mad:

bluedogok
11/27/2006, 10:27 PM
Heh. You need to come to a Central Hockey League game sometime - preferably OKC vs. Wichita.
Are they still the Wichita Thuggers? They were always a bunch of goons. I still haven't been to an Ice Bats game down here, I don't think the Blazers come down here this year.

Juniors and the minors are where it's at if you want the ice to look like a yard sale. Here's a part of the Santa Fe Roadrunners - Texas Tornado game last night. The Tornado play in Frisco and the Roadrunners used to be a cross-town rival before they moved from North Richland Hills.
Do they play in the Stonebriar Mall? My wife and I were up there Labor Day weekend and they had a game or scrimmage there that afternoon.

Scott D
11/27/2006, 10:40 PM
In other news, Detroit still owns Marty. :mad:

Actually, this wasn't Marty's fault at all. Dallas just decided they didn't need to play defense while on the power play in the third period. :mad: :mad:

it was just nice to see us only give up 1 goal for a change...I'm still smarting from the beatdown the Preds put on us. At least we scored 2 on them, unlike Vancouver the game before.

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2006, 12:28 PM
Dallas is back to being afraid to score two goals in a game now. :mad: