PDA

View Full Version : It's that freakin time of year AGAIN

Sooner in Tampa
11/22/2006, 08:48 AM
This is from ProFootballTalk.com...a pretty good source of info for all things NFL.

:pop:

POSTED 2:53 p.m. EST, November 21, 2006
BIDWILL LOOKING AT THREE
The talk in league circles is that Arizona Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill currently is floating three names as potential replacements for eventually-to-be-former head coach Dennis Green.
The candidates are USC coach Pete Carroll, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, and Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.
Carroll would likely be the most expensive, and he would probably want total control over the football operations. Stoops would likely be the most interested, because he doesn't generate the same aura in coaching circles that he did several years ago, and some thought his window of opportunity at the next level had closed.
We'd previously heard Rivera's name. He'd need to lasso a strong offensive coordinator (we'd suggest Cal coach Jeff Tedford), in order to get the most out of a very talented set of skill-position players.
Stay tuned.

Newbomb Turk
11/22/2006, 08:52 AM
and Stoops could take AD in the draft.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:53 AM
Stoops, like me, farts in the general direction of the NFL. He would NEVER take THAT NFL Job. Trust me.

sanantoniosooner
11/22/2006, 08:55 AM
Stoops, like me, farts in the general direction of the NFL. He would NEVER take THAT NFL Job. Trust me.
I, for one, am excited to have Bob's spokesman here for inside information.;)

Sooner in Tampa
11/22/2006, 08:56 AM
Stoops, like me, farts in the general direction of the NFL. He would NEVER take THAT NFL Job. Trust me.I tend to think along the same lines, but money talks and bull$hit walks!

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:58 AM
I, for one, am excited to have Bob's spokesman here for inside information.;)You should be! Now, I'm not his agent but he does get a massive bonus for staying through next season. Maybe they can get Mikey to move down the road.

FlatheadSooner
11/22/2006, 09:08 AM
Now, I'm not his agent.......................

...........but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

oumartin
11/22/2006, 09:37 AM
at the beginning of the year i thought bob would leave, i don't think that now. I think he has taken more control over this team then the previous few years and I think he is rejuvinated(sp).

achiro
11/22/2006, 09:40 AM
because he doesn't generate the same aura in coaching circles that he did several years ago, and some thought his window of opportunity at the next level had closed.
That line right there shows you how little the asshat that wrote this knows. He may end up with coach of the year this year and another National Championship in the very near future if he sticks around.

OUDoc
11/22/2006, 09:45 AM
I have no idea what Bob Stoops is thinking and won't until he tells the media. Well, then they either have to write it down, type it up and print it or put it on TV. Then I'll let you guys know.

Partial Qualifier
11/22/2006, 10:00 AM
because he doesn't generate the same aura in dip**** n00b web media circles that he did several years ago, and some thought his window of opportunity at the next level had closed.

fixed

mrowl
11/22/2006, 10:03 AM
arizona? yeah. right.

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 10:42 AM
why no one get Mack Brown?

Isn't he a Great Coach who bring a NC to the Great State of Austin Texass?

and Austin Texass has the greates team of All time?

Luthor
11/22/2006, 10:56 AM
Arizona has a "very talented set of skill position players". That statement alone disqualifies the idiot that wrote the article from knowing squat about what is going on in Phoenix. Arizona starts over every year and realizes by week 2 of the season that their efforts were once again, not enough.

Sooner in Tampa
11/22/2006, 10:59 AM
Arizona has a "very talented set of skill position players". That statement alone disqualifies the idiot that wrote the article from knowing squat about what is going on in Phoenix. Arizona starts over every year and realizes by week 2 of the season that their efforts were once again, not enough.I would have to disagree on with you on that point. They do have a talented receiving corps, qb, and rb...their O Line is worse than a joke though. Until they fix that...they will be stuck in the land of suckage.

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 11:13 AM
Their OWNER is worse than a joke though. Until they fix that...they will be stuck in the land of suckage.

fixed

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 11:15 AM
Bidnal....err Cardinal triva. When was the last time the Cards hosted a home playoff game?

sooneron
11/22/2006, 12:03 PM
Bidnal....err Cardinal triva. When was the last time the Cards hosted a home playoff game?
Was it back in the Lomax days?

This writer is an idiot, why would Tedford leave cal for a coordinating job!?
If I were Green or whoever, (If Green stays) I would try to get Norm Chow to come in. He's still ****ed that Bud wanted radio over leinart.

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 12:54 PM
Was it back in the Lomax days?

It goes back a bit farther than that....in fact Bud Wilkinson was coaching at Oklahoma when it happened.

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=151314

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 01:30 PM
Was it true that in 1950s, OU head foot ball coach earned more than an NFL head coach?

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 02:23 PM
Time is up! The answer to the question of the last time the Crudnals hosted a home playoff game is......1947. It was when they were in Chicago. The only constant during the home playoff drought has been the ownership of the Bidwill family.

I liked the sporting news rumor of Pete C to the Cruds.

ELP Sooner
11/22/2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9822843

Mooch to the cards?

So far according to the crappy media we have the following 3 men coaching the Cruds next year..........

stoops
Petey
Mooch