PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving you f'in hillbillys

Sooner in Tampa
11/22/2006, 07:09 AM
From the CSF Family to you and yours.

We hope that you have a great holiday and that you enjoy the time with family and friends. If you are traveling...please be safe and return home in one piece.

If you are going to Stoolwater, we will say an EXTRA prayer for you. :P

Semper Fi and God Bless all Sooner Fans!!!

http://www.normanrockwellvt.com/images/FreedomfromWant.jpg

http://icons.iconator.com/239/ICONATOR_383d6a4459c90d42e4ef4e16ebed7a1c.gif

SoonerBorn68
11/22/2006, 07:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving back atcha! Looks like I'll be stuck out on the rig. :(

We should be finishing up Thursday afternoon so there's a chance I'll make it home, but I'm not counting on it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all SF posters!

WILBURJIM
11/22/2006, 08:45 AM
My father's family(from Wilburton,OK) had a tradition of serving DUCK(s) on Thanksgiving rather than Turkey. Any Sooners planning on serving up Duck
this year? Or is that taste in the mouth still to bitter to stomach?:D

From Wolverrine land, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Okla-homey
11/22/2006, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=CarolinaSoonerinFla]From the CSF Family to you and yours.

We hope that you have a great holiday and that you enjoy the time with family and friends. If you are traveling...please be safe and return home in one piece.

If you are going to Stoolwater, we will say an EXTRA prayer for you. :P

Semper Fi and God Bless all Sooner Fans!!!

http://www.normanrockwellvt.com/images/FreedomfromWant.jpg

Thanks and backatcha. FWIW, the above Rockwell has always bugged me. I don't believe Granny would have been physically capable of carrying that turkey in the way she's holding it. Look at it closely. I expect the only way to have done what she's painted doing, is by shoo-ing Gramps out of the way and placing the turkey in front of his plate while standing centered at the head of the table.

GottaHavePride
11/22/2006, 10:56 AM
FWIW, the above Rockwell has always bugged me. I don't believe Granny would have been physically capable of carrying that turkey in the way she's holding it. Look at it closely. I expect the only way to have done what she's painted doing, is by shoo-ing Gramps out of the way and placing the turkey in front of his plate while standing centered at the head of the table.

Heh. I think Stephen Colbert said the same thing on his show the other day. Anyway, Happy Turkey Day, beyonces!

Preservation Parcels
11/22/2006, 11:13 AM
Homey,

Those farm grandmas are some tough ladies. I remember mine standing in the barnyard below and heaving 80 lb. bales of hay up into the hay mow.

She would have raised that turkey, killed it with an axe, and cleaned it the day before Thanksgiving. She and Grandpa raised all the rest of the dinner, too, including:

cows for the roast beef, butter, milk, whipped cream, and homemade ice cream
wheat for the homemade rolls, stuffing, and pie crusts
navy beans for homemade baked beans
apples for the applesauce with cinnamon red hots, the cider that Grandpa hid in the front yard until it was "tingly", and the apple pies
pumpkin for the pie
blueberries for more pie
sour cherries for yet more pie
potatoes
corn
green beans for the green bean casserole
carrots
celery
onions
squash
cabbage for the cole slaw
beets for the pickled beets
cucumbers for the bread and butter pickles

What's more, she roasted only the turkey in her electric oven. All the rest, she made on her woodstove, and she split the kindling for that. And, she had it all ready promptly by noon so the men could eat and get to their chairs for football and gluttony-induced naps while the aunts cackled through dishwashing.

She made it all look so easy.

Best wishes for a joyous Thanksgiving with those whom you love!

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/22/2006, 11:41 AM
I hope each and every one of you take at least a couple of minutes and think about the things that you're truly thankful for.

Things that impact you...people that impact you...things that make your life better...people that make your life better...things that you truly appreciate that you might not think about on any 'ol regular day.

Take a moment and actually feel thankful. It's a good feeling.

Gobble, gobble, bitches.

Sooner in Tampa
11/22/2006, 11:52 AM
I hope each and every one of you take at least a couple of minutes and think about the things that you're truly thankful for.

Things that impact you...people that impact you...things that make your life better...people that make your life better...things that you truly appreciate that you might not think about on any 'ol regular day.

Take a moment and actually feel thankful. It's a good feeling.

Gobble, gobble, bitches.Amen BSG.

Frozen Sooner
11/22/2006, 11:53 AM
Never underestimate the lifting power of little old ladies. Several economies throughout history have been driven by this inexorable force.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/22/2006, 12:51 PM
You making fun of me?

:D

Frozen Sooner
11/22/2006, 12:54 PM
You making fun of me?

:D

Gobble gobble, bitches indeed. I still think that should have worked as a pick-up line.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/22/2006, 03:41 PM
It would have for Pat...

:mack:

william_brasky
11/22/2006, 03:50 PM
EAT ME
http://www.kamalii.k12.hi.us/EBC2005/images/Turkey/rhea.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/22/2006, 04:15 PM
That looks deelishus...

Sooner in Tampa