PDA

View Full Version : OU has a superior team than OSU...

Soonerus
11/22/2006, 02:01 AM
....barring massive turnovers this should be an easy victory....without getting into all the football-type details this is a clear cut OU victory....

MichelleDawn
11/22/2006, 03:02 AM
Picken's State pulled off a major win against Nebreska in Stillwater and the better team doesn't always win. But I think OU will be ready to play.

I don't think Picken's State can stop our running game without leaving Malcolm, Manuel, or Iglesias open. And on the other side, our defense is playing well. I look for OU to win by 21 or more.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:47 AM
Nebraska sucks though, besides their coaches nuts crawl deep inside his gut whenever he comes to Oklahoma. I hear they actually drive around our state to play games in texass.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:54 AM
....barring massive turnovers this should be an easy victory....without getting into all the football-type details this is a clear cut OU victory....But okie state has like five Heisman candidates. We're doomed.

FlatheadSooner
11/22/2006, 09:11 AM
And let's face, they've racked up an impressive "Scare" record over the years.

:P :P :P

Crimsontothecore
11/22/2006, 09:19 AM
No matter how much I try to be concerned about this game, I just can't.

Regardless of what the LosuR fans want to believe, Their little half-full stadium isn't even in the same league as Autzen stadium, Kyle field, or even Mizzou and OU has done well in all those places. I'll be Conservative and say OU-42
osu-10

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 10:00 AM
No matter how much I try to be concerned about this game, I just can't.

Regardless of what the LosuR fans want to believe, Their little half-full stadium isn't even in the same league as Autzen stadium, Kyle field, or even Mizzou and OU has done well in all those places. I'll be Conservative and say OU-42
osu-10

You didn't even hang 42 on Baylor....

Crimsontothecore
11/22/2006, 10:07 AM
Exactly!

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 10:25 AM
damn it!

i just knew Stoops taking knees in the redzone at the end of the game last week, would come back to haunt him

we are doomed !!! doomed I say!

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 10:27 AM
Hey Aggie, you lost to Houston. K?

bri
11/22/2006, 10:28 AM
....without getting into all the football-type details this is a clear cut OU victory....

....yeah, because "football-type details" really have no place in breaking down football games....no bearing whatsoever....sheer genius.......sentence fragment........

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 10:30 AM
....yeah, because "football-type details" really have no place in breaking down football games....no bearing whatsoever....sheer genius.......sentence fragment........In defense of Soonerus, we are talking to and about Aggie here. Football type details are just a waste of time on these guys.

bri
11/22/2006, 10:36 AM
....yes....history shows that a road game....against an obsessed, fired-up team and fanbase......with a good, explosive offense....that has a recent history of jumping up and beating or playing close with some of our better recent teams......should be a cakewalk........

Taxman71
11/22/2006, 10:40 AM
Let's face it, lOSUr hasn't been real competitve since all of Lester's criminals left the team.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 10:44 AM
....yes....history shows that a road game....against an obsessed, fired-up team and fanbase......with a good, explosive offense....that has a recent history of jumping up and beating or playing close with some of our better recent teams......should be a cakewalk........Really, just ask Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Mike Gundy, Dexter Manley oh and that coach guy, uhm, oh yeah, Jimmy Frickin Johnson. Of course I was able to walk and talk during that time so, I can see your point of reference is from about 1990 on, in reality. That's cool.

BTW-why are you such a liberal pansy on the SO but Mussolini over here?

:pop:

Octavian
11/22/2006, 10:48 AM
...isn't even in the same league as Autzen stadium, Kyle field, or even Mizzou...

I'd feel a lot better about this game if I believed that.

Maybe on most Saturdays that's ture...but this isn't most Saturdays.

The atmosphere for an OU game in Stillwater is intense...the stadium is rowdy and their players play above their heads.

We need to get off to a good start, avoid crucial turnoves, and keep the crowd out of it as much as possible early on.

I expect a dogfight.

bri
11/22/2006, 10:50 AM
Really, just ask Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Mike Gundy, Dexter Manley oh and that coach guy, uhm, oh yeah, Jimmy Frickin Johnson. Of course I was able to walk and talk during that time so, I can see your point of reference is from about 1990 on, in reality. That's cool.

BTW-why are you such a liberal pansy on the SO but Mussolini over here?

....I remember those games....because I'm 34.....idiot.......I also remember a tight 12-7 win for our 2000 national champions.....16-13 loss in 2001....38-28 loss in 2002......38-35 nailbiter win for the 2004 national runners-up......fact is, they're playing us in their house.....and they have the talent to hang with us.....if not pull the upset......and you're right......I should be more consistent in my posting style.....kind of like how you're a ********* no matter which forum you're posting in.........

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 10:53 AM
....I remember those games....because I'm 34.....idiot.......I also remember a tight 12-7 win for our 2000 national champions.....16-13 loss in 2001....38-28 loss in 2002......38-35 nailbiter win for the 2004 national runners-up......fact is, they're playing us in their house.....and they have the talent to hang with us.....if not pull the upset......and you're right......I should be more consistent in my posting style.....kind of like how you're a ********* no matter which forum you're posting in.........Yeah, I'm the ********* with a few million more spek points than you and I don't even post 50 times a day either.

I thought name calling was against the rules there cool guy.

One would think a Mod would have better grammatical skills or were you just angry?

bri
11/22/2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I'm the ********* with a few million more spek points than you and I don't even post 50 times a day either.

I thought name calling was against the rules there cool guy.

....ooh, spek points.....and post smack.....god you're cool......and if 'liberal pansy' is okay, then '*********' is cool too.....nice try, though.....

Octavian
11/22/2006, 10:58 AM
lOSUr hasn't been real competitve since all of Lester's criminals left the team.

They lost in the final minute @ K-State, and on the final play against Aggy and @ Tech.

The only game in '06 they haven't had a good shot to win going into the 4th quarter was in Austin.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 11:00 AM
Ya see, Bri, when people agree with you and stuff they give out spek. When they don't, not so much.

Oh, and didn't DE give you some kind of lecture about the rules around here? Seems like some cool guy mod would need to act ABOVE the average poster here.

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 11:09 AM
Ya see, Bri, when people agree with you and stuff they give out spek. When they don't, not so much.

Oh, and didn't DE give you some kind of lecture about the rules around here? Seems like some cool guy mod would need to act ABOVE the average poster here.

If OU's players share your sentiments about this game, then OSU will win comfortably.

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 11:11 AM
If OU's players share your sentiments about this game, then OSU will win comfortably.
and we would all have a merry Christmas!

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 11:19 AM
If OU's players share your sentiments about this game, then OSU will win comfortably.Shuddupaggie this is a family squable and you are clearly not family.

Besides, we don't actually play the games. If your coach uses any more hair gel his hair will be stuck like that forever.

sooner94
11/22/2006, 11:28 AM

Ha! That is a typical Aggie comment if I've ever heard one.

Texas Golfer
11/22/2006, 11:30 AM
....barring massive turnovers this should be an easy victory....without getting into all the football-type details this is a clear cut OU victory....

We've shown that barring massive turnovers is not in our playbook.

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 11:34 AM
Ha! That is a typical Aggie comment if I've ever heard one.

why? b/c I recognize that OU doesn't have an explosive offense? b/c I understand the fact that scoring a lot of points isn't something that this OU team does? and then I see a prediction that says "conservatively" that OU wins 42-10? yeah... i guess that was a typical "Aggie" comment... one that is soaked in objectivity. It's not a slight on OU, just stating a fact that reflects the non-explosive offense that OU has. It's not that the Sooner offense is bad, it's just that it's not notorious for hanging 40+ on teams... especially to a D that hasn't given up 40 to more explosive offenses than yours this season.

Taxman71
11/22/2006, 12:06 PM
When the pukes give up 25.5 points/game, including the creampuff nonconference foes, I don't think surpassing the 40 point barrier is any indication of greatness. Bottom line is the pukes have to score 30 or more to win against anybody in conference (giving up 25 pts/game). And OU's defense allows 15.5 points/game, which includes the Oregon debacle.

And OU's non-explosive offense averages only 6 pts less per game than the 5 Heisman winners in stoolwater, again, not weighted for strength of schedule.

sooneron
11/22/2006, 12:09 PM
why? b/c I recognize that OU doesn't have an explosive offense? b/c I understand the fact that scoring a lot of points isn't something that this OU team does? and then I see a prediction that says "conservatively" that OU wins 42-10? yeah... i guess that was a typical "Aggie" comment... one that is soaked in objectivity. It's not a slight on OU, just stating a fact that reflects the non-explosive offense that OU has. It's not that the Sooner offense is bad, it's just that it's not notorious for hanging 40+ on teams... especially to a D that hasn't given up 40 to more explosive offenses than yours this season.
I only count two teams on your schedule that have "explosive" offenses. And yet, your team failed to score more than them.:confused:

sooneron
11/22/2006, 12:15 PM
And boys, leave the SO **** on the SO! Here we're Sooners and that is all, and maybe Brian Britt haters. ;)

Crimsontothecore
11/22/2006, 12:43 PM
So is this "EXPLOSIVE" aggie offense what's responsible for that 6-5 record?? Just curious how OU could be 9-2 with a tougher schedule and such an average offense.
Oh yeah...now I remember...OU PLAYS DEFENSE!!!:P

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 01:04 PM
So is this "EXPLOSIVE" aggie offense what's responsible for that 6-5 record?? Just curious how OU could be 9-2 with a tougher schedule and such an average offense.
Oh yeah...now I remember...OU PLAYS DEFENSE!!!:P

It's difficult to understand how all of you seem to read things wrong. I never said OSU had an explosive offense. All I said was that OU didn't. I never said that OU's offense was average; just not explosive. That is, it is a fairly conservative offense that methodically moves the ball down the field and plays a field position game and allows its defense to help them win the game. OU's offense is very effective.

SoonerJLB
11/22/2006, 01:07 PM
I agree and I think the Sooners can beat the Shaggies big. The only thing that concerns me is the turnover factor. The Sooners will be pumped as well as the Shaggies at home but it will be the Sooners game to lose.

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 01:09 PM
It's difficult to understand how all of you seem to read things wrong. I never said OSU had an explosive offense. All I said was that OU didn't. I never said that OU's offense was average; just not explosive. That is, it is a fairly conservative offense that methodically moves the ball down the field and plays a field position game and allows its defense to help them win the game. OU's offense is very effective.

and still cant score 42 points against Baylor!!!!

we are doomed.......doomed!!!!!

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 01:17 PM

Not sure if you watched the game but OU gave the ball to Baylor twice (just dropped the ball for a non forced turnover) when we were in scoring position. Just not concentrating.

If OU had handled it business better, we would have scored near 50 points. I don't know how explosive we need to be though since we play a ball control offense to keep other teams O on the sidelines.

sooneron
11/22/2006, 01:20 PM
Not sure if you watched the game but OU gave the ball to Baylor twice (just dropped the ball for a non forced turnover) when we were in scoring position. Just not concentrating.

If OU had handled it business better, we would have scored near 50 points. I don't know how explosive we need to be though since we play a ball control offense to keep other teams O on the sidelines.
Scoring position? Malcolm was four strides out of the end zone!

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 01:21 PM
I agree with OSU aggie about the explosiveless. I think OSU Aggie does compare the OU offense of this year with the the year of 2003 and 2004 when Jason White was playing.

But, I believe the eplosiveness will come back next year.

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 01:26 PM
We don't do it often because we don't have to but we can throw it down the field.

humblesooner
11/22/2006, 02:33 PM
We don't do it often because we don't have to but we can throw it down the field.

For an example, watch minute #29 of the OU/TT game.
What a perfect pass to a great recevier.

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 02:44 PM
For an example, watch minute #29 of the OU/TT game.
What a perfect pass to a great recevier.
but that cant be. this year's OU offense isnt explosive....

or so we are told

sooner94
11/22/2006, 02:53 PM

your opinions are soaked in moonshine and Natural Light, not objectivity.

bri
11/22/2006, 02:56 PM
Dude, that's not cool. What did Natural Light ever do to YOU?

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 03:00 PM
I think Keystone overtook Natty, didn't it?

Jewstin
11/22/2006, 11:46 PM
It's pretty clear he's setting sail on the Lost Lake.

*shudders* I hate being a poor college student. :(

jrsooner
11/23/2006, 08:56 AM
We need to get off to a good start, avoid crucial turnovesThat's the key! We need to keep the ball in our hands instead of constantly fumbling it.

I'm sure we'll win, but I'll be happy when it's all over. Aggies think this is their national championship and usually up their play a few bars, where as us arrogant Sooners look at it as beating up the ugly step brother. :)

jrsooner
11/23/2006, 09:02 AM
Not sure if you watched the game but OU gave the ball to Baylor twice (just dropped the ball for a non forced turnover) when we were in scoring position. Just not concentrating.Naw... they were just looking ahead to the aggie game. You know how frightening that game can be. :)

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 11:08 AM
OSU is not even number one in our toughest Aggie games each year anymore, Texas Aggies toughest, Texas Tech Sand Aggies second, OSU aggies THIRD.........sad when you are not even the best "Aggie"......sad and pathetic....

bri
11/23/2006, 11:15 AM
good point....point made.....words and dots.....

Soonerus
11/23/2006, 11:19 AM
good point....point made.....words and dots.....

Have...a... great...Thanksgiving...BRI !!!

franklinjake
11/23/2006, 07:49 PM

You said it right - TURNOVERS. If we don't have 'em, big win for us.

OUswagger
11/23/2006, 08:08 PM
the only way OUr team will be ready is IF they have control with the ball, on returns and throwing. I have total confidence with Bob Stoops having this team ready. I really look forward to seeing Allen Patrick running the ball with Chris Brown, admittedly Brown has done alot for us lately. We've had 9 turn overs in the last two games.