PDA

View Full Version : Since Wisconsin accepted a bid....

outuba
11/21/2006, 10:47 PM
to the Capital One Bowl does that mean we technically move up a spot in the BCS since they were #10? Also, since LSU is up there and there are only 2 teams allowed from each conference(Florida and Arkansas) allowed wouldnt that forfeit their spot as well? Or does that not count?

Just wanting clarification.

GreenSooner
11/21/2006, 10:53 PM
Only two teams from each conference can compete in BCS bowls. The Stinkin' Badgers were doomed to finish third in the Big 10, so they were out of the running.

However, as I understand it, all the rules regarding minimum ranks for BCS appearances include all teams ranked, even if those teams are ineligible for the BCS for other reasons. So Wisconsin's accepting this non-BCS bid neither makes OU more likely to get a BCS bid (since Wisconsin was effectively ineligible already), nor increases the Sooners' ranking.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 10:57 PM
No, if LSU wins the game and stay's in the top 14 of the BCS we don't get a BCS bid. We have to move up one spot to be eligibal for a spot, if we get up to that 14th spot those team can't be selected over us.

If LSU wins and stays in the top 14 of the BCS, the atlarge teams to choose from would be.

1 of the SEC Losers (Florida, or LSU) or
1 of the Big East Losers (West Virginia, or Rutgers)
Michigan,
Notre Dame, (assuming they don't stink it up vs. USC and fall out of the top14)
Boise St. (assuming they win if not one of the Big East or SEC)

goingoneight
11/21/2006, 11:21 PM
I think we have one more game this season, but I don't remember who it was against...

KingDavid
11/21/2006, 11:23 PM
to the Capital One Bowl does that mean we technically move up a spot in the BCS since they were #10? Also, since LSU is up there and there are only 2 teams allowed from each conference(Florida and Arkansas) allowed wouldnt that forfeit their spot as well? Or does that not count?

Just wanting clarification.

We don't have to worry about finishing in the top 14 as long as we beat OSU. The loser of WV-Rutgers will drop beneath us. It's unlikely we'll be leap-frogged by anyone behind us, either.

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 03:38 AM
We don't have to worry about finishing in the top 14 as long as we beat OSU. The loser of WV-Rutgers will drop beneath us. It's unlikely we'll be leap-frogged by anyone behind us, either.

I am not positive that WV would drop below us, we seem to be the cutoff this year... Look where Auburn and Rutgers fell when they lost. Right above us. Same goes for LSU, althought I'd think they'd have to fall below us since they would have 3 loses. Just Sayin... :(

oKOIhoma fan
11/22/2006, 07:07 AM
Great point. I remember being in this position before (twice) and having a certain orange team ruin it because there were not taken seriously.