11/21/2006, 08:53 PM
Since 1904....

OU has been on the long end of a....

71-16-7 record.

:D

:pop:

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 09:07 PM
So, for the administration, faculty, fans and the Oklahoma State football team themselves, the week preceding their annual game with the University of Oklahoma is truly a '****** Week.' But for the administration, faculty, fans and Sooners team, it's usually just another hum-drum day at the office.

heh

Widescreen
11/21/2006, 09:18 PM
Who came up with the ridiculous bed-lam term anyway?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 09:20 PM
I will give you a hint Lam is short for Lamb and the bed is where they want to take them hence Bed-Lam!

StormySooner-IN
11/21/2006, 09:45 PM
heh.

"Malards" and "Fighting Amish"

:D

goingoneight
11/21/2006, 11:15 PM

some stupid fo-cker, I guess...

goingoneight
11/21/2006, 11:17 PM
The game played between OU and OSU, known within the state as the '****** Series,' has been anything but '******' for Oklahoma. The Sooners have historically owned the keys and title to the Aggies-cum-Cowboys by winning a mind-boggling 79% of the games since the series began in 1904. Since that time, OU has been on the long end of a 71-16-7 record.

That's a pretty neat trick, you know... ***ming cowboys...

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 11:53 PM
So, for the administration, faculty, fans and the Oklahoma State football team themselves, the week preceding their annual game with the University of Oklahoma is truly a '****** Week.' But for the administration, faculty, fans and Sooners team, it's usually just another hum-drum day at the office.

:texan:

blackbeauty02
11/22/2006, 12:11 AM

um it got the term from the Bethlem Royal Hospital in London and is the world's oldest psychiatric hospital. The word ****** has long been used for lunatic asylums in general b/c back then the crazy people inside were so loud people in the surrounding city would always complain about 'Bed-lam' (why does this forum censor the word?) being so loud. so the term was applied to the OU/oSu game b/c of how loud it sounds in the surrounding area...sounds like a crazy place

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 12:14 AM
um it got the term from the Bethlem Royal Hospital in London and is the world's oldest psychiatric hospital. The word ****** has long been used for lunatic asylums in general b/c back then the crazy people inside were so loud people in the surrounding city would always complain about 'Bed-lam' (why does this forum censor the word?) being so loud. so the term was applied to the OU/oSu game b/c of how loud it sounds in the surrounding area...sounds like a crazy placeIt is blocked out because only the aggies call it that. We call it Saturday.

blackbeauty02
11/22/2006, 12:15 AM
It is blocked out because only the aggies call it that. We call it Saturday.

No we call it "domination"

StoopTroup
11/22/2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.abstractstrategy.com/domination.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/22/2006, 12:42 AM
Oklahoma (-6) at Oklahoma State Much has been speculated in the state of Oklahoma this week about the 'high octane' OSU offense, about the difficulty Oklahoma has had playing in Stillwater of late, and about the smoke-and-mirrors game that the OU defense has been shilling. Don't buy any of it. The OU defense will be good enough to allow the OU offense to prevail.

Sooners by 17

Skysooner
11/22/2006, 12:47 AM
Texas A&M at Texas (-13 ½) The Aggies haven't exactly made a practice of winning in Austin; the last time they came out of the Texas capital city with a 'W' was during the first year of the Carter administration as they topped the 'Horns 34-10 in 1994. Since then, it's been pretty ugly for TAMU in Austin as they've lost by an average of 18 points per game. Word has it that Mack will unbridle his hobbled Colt this weekend, which could be another in a series of serious quarterback misjudgments by Brown and his offensive guru, Greg Davis. The Aggies, after having lost three conference games, will be playing for pride - a commodity in short supply for them since Halloween. Let's give 'em credit for keeping it close.

This guy doesn't know his history too well. Carter was the President from 1976-1980.

Sco
11/22/2006, 12:50 AM
The 1904 game, known as the Battle of Cottonwood Creek, saw every player on the Sooner squad score a touchdown as Oklahoma eked out a narrow 75-0 win. This initial game seems to have established a matrix for the future rivalry, if indeed a contest so lopsided can be called a rivalry.

"pw3nd." I believe that's the internet equivalent for "You got served."

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 01:04 AM
Texas A&M at Texas (-13 ½) The Aggies haven't exactly made a practice of winning in Austin; the last time they came out of the Texas capital city with a 'W' was during the first year of the Carter administration as they topped the 'Horns 34-10 in 1994. Since then, it's been pretty ugly for TAMU in Austin as they've lost by an average of 18 points per game. Word has it that Mack will unbridle his hobbled Colt this weekend, which could be another in a series of serious quarterback misjudgments by Brown and his offensive guru, Greg Davis. The Aggies, after having lost three conference games, will be playing for pride - a commodity in short supply for them since Halloween. Let's give 'em credit for keeping it close.

This guy doesn't know his history too well. Carter was the President from 1976-1980.

LOL, thats funny.

Clinton was in office for 2 years at that point, so I have no idea what he was thinking.

rainiersooner
11/22/2006, 01:52 AM

It must be the same guy who yells "Pistols firing" every time OSU scores. My god that could be the most annoying thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Really.

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:22 AM
LOL, thats funny.

Clinton was in office for 2 years at that point, so I have no idea what he was thinking.He probably was getting two limp wristed Dims confused.

;)

Widescreen
11/22/2006, 11:34 AM
um it got the term from the Bethlem Royal Hospital in London and is the world's oldest psychiatric hospital. The word ****** has long been used for lunatic asylums in general b/c back then the crazy people inside were so loud people in the surrounding city would always complain about 'Bed-lam' (why does this forum censor the word?) being so loud. so the term was applied to the OU/oSu game b/c of how loud it sounds in the surrounding area...sounds like a crazy place
To be clear, I wasn't asking for what that term means. I wanted to know who applied it to the OU vs. Pokie State game. Because none of that really applies. The only time it sounds like a "loud crazy place" is when it's in Norman and OU has just scored - just like every other Saturday in Norman.

Mixer!
11/22/2006, 11:37 AM
search for "wrestling".

YWIA. ;)

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 11:38 AM
To be clear, I wasn't asking for what that term means. I wanted to know who applied it to the OU vs. Pokie State game. Because none of that really applies. The only time it sounds like a "loud crazy place" is when it's in Norman and OU has just scored - just like every other Saturday in Norman.

from wiki

****** football had a unique beginning. The first game was held at Island Park in Guthrie, Oklahoma. It was a cold, and very windy day with the temperatures well below the freezing mark. A nearby creek, Cottonwood Creek, was nearly frozen. At one moment in the game when the Oklahoma A&M Aggies were punting, the wind carried the ball backwards behind the kicker. If the Oklahoma A&M squad recovered the ball it would be a touchback and if the University of Oklahoma squad recovered it, it would be a touchdown. The ball kept going backwards and rolled down a hill into the half-frozen creek. Since a touchdown was at stake, members of both teams dove into the icy waters to recover the ball. A member of the OU team came out with the ball and downed it for a touchdown, eventually winning the game 77-0.

Thus was the beginning of ******.

As of the 100th ****** football game, Oklahoma has a commanding lead in the football series, with the current record at 77 wins for Oklahoma, 16 wins for Oklahoma State, and 7 ties. Oklahoma has also won the last three games in a row, an accomplishment Oklahoma State has yet to equal.

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 11:41 AM
****** was applied to the series due to wrestling, not because of anybody diving into icy waters to recover a ball.

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2006, 11:46 AM
****** was applied to the series due to wrestling, not because of anybody diving into icy waters to recover a ball.

thus says the 'aggie historian', btw, nice 'punt' ;) (reminds me of when the Okie Lite receaving lined up on the wrong endzone to receave an OU kick-off. maybe the funniest 100 yard 'walk' i have ever seen)

btw, the 'waving wheat' was also done in the 50s, KU and NU did simular stuff since the 40s. 'guns up' was not done by the students till the late 90s (although the cheer leaders tried to get the student body to do it in the early 80s with no luck), TTECH did it since the late 60s. the 'orange power' cheer was started in the late 70s while playing Colorado.

need any other answers?

OSUAggie
11/22/2006, 11:51 AM
nm

douxpaysan
11/22/2006, 12:19 PM
Back in the day, the term was used only for wrestling matches. The old field house would literally rock...good stuff. Both teams have always been national powers in that sport. Only recently some lazy hack of a sports journalist applied the term to any OSU-OU sporting contest thereby corrupting the meaning of the term. Only one team is a national power in football.

bixby28
11/23/2006, 02:09 AM
I pull for the Sooners but i hope the OU defense has its 'A' game on Saturday. This could be another shoot-out, but it's going to be a long day if the defense doesn't take the Okla. State offense seriously.

OU 34 OSU 27
Boomer Sooner