PDA

View Full Version : Another Hollywood commie bites the dust.

85Sooner
11/21/2006, 12:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_en_mo/obit_altman

Although I did like Mash

frankensooner
11/21/2006, 12:46 PM
The Player was a mighty good movie too.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:11 PM
well damn, I liked that guy. Glad he got his lifetime achievement award (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJWmiZIdTWM) last year--certainly deserved it.

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 01:13 PM
I'd like the hollywood types better if they'd just stfu and make movies.

85Sooner
11/21/2006, 01:18 PM
I'd like the hollywood types better if they'd just stfu and make movies.
Exactly!

The funny part is he was one of those that said he was gonna move out of the country if Bush was elected. I would say he kept his promise but jeesh:pop:

BeetDigger
11/21/2006, 01:43 PM
The last Altman movie I saw had:

1) too freaking many characters;
2) too many story lines; and
3) actors who talked to fast, compounded by the fact that they spoke with a British accent and the sound job was horrible - basically I was lucky to hear about 1/3 of the lines.

But hey, Altman's a GENIUS so it must have been a great movie. I just wish I could have kept track of the damn thing an heard everything so I could have formed my own opinion of it.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 02:00 PM
The last Altman movie I saw had:

1) too freaking many characters;
2) too many story lines; and
3) actors who talked to fast, compounded by the fact that they spoke with a British accent and the sound job was horrible - basically I was lucky to hear about 1/3 of the lines.

But hey, Altman's a GENIUS so it must have been a great movie. I just wish I could have kept track of the damn thing an heard everything so I could have formed my own opinion of it.
Gosford Park? I loved that movie. he had body mics on all the actors to get the full effect of overlapping dialog :D

BigRedJed
11/21/2006, 02:02 PM
The Player was greatness.

BeetDigger
11/21/2006, 02:27 PM
Gosford Park? I loved that movie. he had body mics on all the actors to get the full effect of overlapping dialog :D

Yes, that is it. Great cast in a who dunnit. My kind of movie. Up until the point that I realized that I couldn't follow the damn thing cause I couldn't hear it. He needed to add subtitles.