PDA

View Full Version : SOONERS SMELLING ROSES?????

BIG_IKE
11/21/2006, 12:29 PM
ESPN is projecting us to meet MICHIGAN in the Rose Bowl, should SUC win out and play for the NC...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2627844

Partial Qualifier
11/21/2006, 12:34 PM
that would be sweet.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/21/2006, 12:45 PM
It would be great to beat a big 10 team there. I'll meet some of you 'f'in' commie hillbillies over there.

85Sooner
11/21/2006, 12:46 PM
that would be sweet.

That would be cool.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 01:39 PM
I would never want to disgrace the sacred Rose Bowl with all us F'ing Hillbillies. That would surely ruin the best bowl ever.

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 01:43 PM
OU-2002 season
UT-2004 season
UT-2005 season

I cannot see the Rose Bowl taking a Big XII team again after having one 3 out of the last 4 years. Cal vs. Michigan is more likely IMO.

OUster
11/21/2006, 01:47 PM
I don't profess to understand how the BCS figures things out and we play in a BCS bowlgame. However, I have kept up with how we might end up in the Cotton (both OU and the whorns win out), or the Gator, or the Fiesta (if we win out and the whorns lose to the Ags). But, how in the hell do we end up in the Rose...is that even possible? Can anyone explain under which scenario this could happen?:confused:

boomrsoonr
11/21/2006, 01:52 PM
Those predictions falsely assume Nebraska will be the #2 team of the Big 12. That's not going to happen. They'll be #3 after KC, unless we don't show up and forfeit to pokey this Saturday. The #2 team, likely OU, will be in the Cotton Bowl.

boomrsoonr
11/21/2006, 01:54 PM
I don't profess to understand how the BCS figures things out and we play in a BCS bowlgame. However, I have kept up with how we might end up in the Cotton (both OU and the whorns win out), or the Gator, or the Fiesta (if we win out and the whorns lose to the Ags). But, how in the hell do we end up in the Rose...is that even possible? Can anyone explain under which scenario this could happen?:confused:

Like it did in '02. The Big 12 Champion goes to the Fiesta unless the Fiesta is the National Title game and the Big 12 Champion isn't playing in it. Then the Big 12 champion can accept the best bowl offer.

I think.

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 02:00 PM
OU-2002 season
UT-2004 season
UT-2005 season

I cannot see the Rose Bowl taking a Big XII team again after having one 3 out of the last 4 years. Cal vs. Michigan is more likely IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible for Cal to go being ranked in the 20's and PAC-10 #2?

oklaclarinet
11/21/2006, 02:02 PM
That kind of conflict can no longer occur though, seeing as how the national title game is a separate game from the Fiesta Bowl. We would end up in the Rose Bowl as an at large team. The Rose Bowl would lose their two champs (Big 10 and Pac 10) to the national title game, and thus have to pick two at large teams. Michigan would be the obvious choice for one, so that they could have a Big Ten team. However, Cal is now ranked too low for BCS at large consideration. Other potential at large teams include OU, Boise State, and Notre Dame. Boise State would not be as an attractive opponent as either Notre Dame or OU, and some people think that they wouldn't choose Notre Dame because it would set up a rematch of a game from earlier in the year, and traditionally bowls avoid rematches.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 02:03 PM
At Large teams are chosen from the top 14 of the BCS. Tell me who in thier right mind would take Louisville, West Virginia, or an SEC loser over OU? We travel well, we have tradition and we have a potential NFL superstar all but guaranteed to break a long standing school record in the game.

I think we look better than all of those teams, and the Rose will get the last choice, if USC is the only team in the Pac10 that is ranked in the top 14 and they go to the National Championship then the Rose won't have a Pac10, Big10 matchup.

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 02:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible for Cal to go being ranked in the 20's and PAC-10 #2?

My mistake. I didn't bother to look to see that Cal was out of at-large consideration.

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 02:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible for Cal to go being ranked in the 20's and PAC-10 #2?yep, cal is out of the bcs.

sooneron
11/21/2006, 02:17 PM
Even if, NO WAY OU goes to the rose over a two loss nd team, they're God's team!

Stoop Dawg
11/21/2006, 02:18 PM

Well, if you subscribe to bri's "informed" opinion then the only thing that has to happen is for the Rose Bowl committee to issue an invitation.

Of course, if you read the actual rules you'll discover that a team must qualify for a BCS bowl.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

So if Cal is below #14 in the final BCS rankings, then they cannot go to the Rose Bowl - no matter how many invitations the Rose Bowl committee sends.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 02:19 PM
Notre Dame won't be around by the time the Rose gets to choose an opponent for Michigan.

DeBarr
11/21/2006, 02:22 PM
This is a likely scenario if UF and LSU finish poorly. Otherwise, it will be very tough to keep the SEC from getting the final at large bid and keeping us out.

If we do not make a BCS bowl, we will most likely be in the Gator. The Gator Bowl officials have already made it clear that they are strongly considering using their one time option to jump the Cotton and Holiday Bowls, and select OU.

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 02:32 PM
Notre Dame won't be around by the time the Rose gets to choose an opponent for Michigan.

This rule is interesting:

3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-10 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

Does that mean if the Rose loses Ohio St and USC they could pick Michigan and Notre Dame before anyone else got the chance?

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 02:34 PM
We don't deserve to go. 2 loss team? gmafb

That's where this extra BCS bowl kinda bites it. You almost have to take a two loss team seeing how they can't take 3 teams from the same conference. So a one loss team like Wisconsin is on the outside looking in. What I want to know is do you all think that the BCS would select a second Big East team for an at large pick if they finished with one loss?

Scotty
11/21/2006, 02:41 PM
Does that mean if the Rose loses Ohio St and USC they could pick Michigan and Notre Dame before anyone else got the chance?

But for Ohio State and USC to play for the NC, wouldn't that require USC beating Notre Dame?

Which brings the question:

Would the Rose select a 10-2 Notre Dame team for a rematch with Michigan (the team that routed them earlier in the year) over a 10-2* Oklahoma team?

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 02:47 PM
I think they would most definitely take a two loss Notre Dame team over Oklahoma. Notre Dame is god's team, as stated earlier.

Octavian
11/21/2006, 02:47 PM
The Sugar has the first at-large selection.

They'll take the Irish.

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 02:49 PM
The Sugar has the first at-large selection.

They'll take the Irish.

The Rose will get to pick first since they're losing Ohio St

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 02:54 PM

Hmm that is interesting, i hadn't seen that rule. Is a Michigan and Notre Dame rematch really that enticing?

Octavian
11/21/2006, 02:58 PM
The Rose will get to pick first since they're losing Ohio St

ah, I didn't know that...people have been penciling Notre Dame into the Sugar since they beat Mich. St.

Captain Obvious says the BCS can be confusing ;)

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 03:05 PM
ESPN is projecting us to meet MICHIGAN in the Rose Bowl, should SUC win out and play for the NC...

According to that site they have Florida losing the SEC championship game to Arky and Florida playing for the Capital One bowl. What makes them think that a SEC team with two loses and a 13th game(championship) won't be selected for an at large pick over a 2 loss Oklahoma team or a one loss non-Big East champion team?

Scotty
11/21/2006, 03:06 PM
Michigan vs Irish(10-2) rematch of a previous decisive win for Michigan, who has nothing to prove to ND.

Michigan vs Sooners(10-2*) with AD likely returning for his final game.

Which sounds more enticing?

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 03:08 PM
Don't forget the arrogance of the Rose. They really don't want us.

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 03:12 PM
Michigan vs Irish(10-2) rematch of a previous decisive win for Michigan, who has nothing to prove to ND.

Michigan vs Sooners(10-2*) with AD likely returning for his final game.

Which sounds more enticing?

It sounds more enticing to us of course, but everyone hates OU and Notre Dame has been nothing but a giant lovefest every since Fatty McWeiss showed up.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 03:12 PM
According to that site they have Florida losing the SEC championship game to Arky and Florida playing for the Capital One bowl. What makes them think that a SEC team with two loses and a 13th game(championship) won't be selected for an at large pick over a 2 loss Oklahoma team or a one loss non-Big East champion team?

With the SEC losing its luster over the past 4 weeks, the SEC champ loser isn't that big of a draw.

I see us as an at worst Gator Bowl, at best BCS Bowl, and I think BCS is in site even if A&M loses.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 03:30 PM
It sounds more enticing to us of course, but everyone hates OU and Notre Dame has been nothing but a giant lovefest every since Grimace McWeiss showed up.

fixed it for ya...

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 03:31 PM
I'm beginning to believe that we can get to a BCS as long as we win out. If Arkansas helps us out with LSU then that should be enough to get us to #14 in the BCS and make us BCS eligible.

Let's all pull for Arkansas.

OUinFLA
11/21/2006, 03:39 PM
Don't forget the arrogance of the Rose. They really don't want us.

and the fear of the horsepigs crapping on their field.

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 03:56 PM
I'm beginning to believe that we can get to a BCS as long as we win out. If Arkansas helps us out with LSU then that should be enough to get us to #14 in the BCS and make us BCS eligible.

I'll be pulling for Arky and Nevada without a doubt. Also I would kinda like to see USC lose to Notre Dame so that everyone in the world would go nuts.

BIG_IKE
11/21/2006, 05:22 PM
I think the fact that those teams lost more recently than we did and the fact that we should REALLY be a one loss time will factor into it as well..

All_Day_28
11/21/2006, 05:26 PM
It would be great to go to the Rose Bowl and beat a Mich. team that almost everyone thinks is the 2nd best team in the country.. that would be a HUGE statement for our team to make..

DustySooner
11/21/2006, 05:32 PM
I think the fact that those teams lost more recently than we did and the fact that we should REALLY be a one loss time will factor into it as well..

Agreed. Alot of it does depend on whether or not voters did their homework and that hose job in Eugene is factored in.

Crimson and Orange
11/21/2006, 06:09 PM
OU-2002 season
UT-2004 season
UT-2005 season

You forgot Nebbish there in 2001. The Rose Bowl, and the local people there, LOVED the Big XII teams there 4 of the past 5 years. Unlike Cal, USC, or UCLA people, who'll drive from home to the game or or maybe spend a night or two there at the most, fans from OU, UT, or NU fly out early, stay several nights in local hotels, spend a fortune on gameday memorabilia, and basically make the Pasadena business community as happy as can be. In 2002, despite the press reports about poor ticket sales, it was the Wazzou people who didn't show up in droves to the game and who didn't buy all the sweatshoirts, commemorative footballs, etc. I talked to several RB people last year who said the local businesses were in absolute heaven having so many dips*** Texans show up with fat wallets ready to fork over big dough for nice hotel rooms, expensive meals, and more commemorative crap than they'd ever sell to a Pac-10 fan.

I'd love to see you guys in Pasadena against Michigan, with Adrian Peterson on the biggest stage in "The Granddaddy" for his last game. What an incredible matchup, and what a great way for OU to end their season.

KingDavid
11/21/2006, 11:34 PM

Here's the WHOLE BCS situation in a nut-shell, assuming we win out. And also assuming that the Horns close the deal on A&M and Nebbish.

It all boils down to this:

US . . . . . or . . . . . . the Big East #2. That's it.

If either West Virginia or Louisville is upset before the end of the year, we will play in the BCS. Guaranteed.

You can also add Boise to that list. If they get upset, we're in.

Simple prayer request:

God, please make WV or Boise or Louisville LOSE. Amen.

goingoneight
11/21/2006, 11:43 PM
Go New Jersey Aggies!!!

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 03:31 AM

Yes. But they probably wont since that would be a rematch and ND got pwned in the regular season. OU can get in if we win out and we are one of the 4 at large taken (3 that are almost locks: Michigan, ND, Boise St, & ________).

Now this is analysis assumes everyone wins out. There are many attractive teams for that spot including anyone else from the top 14 that isnt a conference champ or doesnt already have two teams in (this excludes Wisconsin).

So:
From the SEC we have Ark/UF loser, LSU (if they beat Ark), Auburn (not going to get picked too many better at larges available from their conference)

Big East we have West Virginia/Louisville (I am not sure which is going to tkae the conference) are our competition.

Also even if Boise loses they will still get in if they rank higher in the BCS than does the conference champ from the ACC.

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 04:18 AM
If Boise St. loses, they won't be ranked in the top 20 in any respectable poll. No one puts any credence into a schedule that only has 1 BCS Conference opponent on it.

AimForCenterMass
11/22/2006, 04:21 AM
With AD back and the D playing up to par, can Oklahoma beat Michigan? As long as OU doesn't cough it up five times a game like they have a few times already, I think OU could hang with almost any team in the country. However, I haven't seen too much of Michigan. What are your thoughts on the match up?

OUHOMER
11/22/2006, 07:41 AM
Well, Mich did not show me they had a D. They did show they could make some big plays. I think it would be a great game.

SoonerJason
11/22/2006, 11:18 AM
Damn it.. I just need to make flight plans soon..arrgh..

If its at the Rose.. I'm sooooooooooooo there.

CORNholio
11/22/2006, 02:23 PM

.............Nope can't do it........Hope the piglettes lose to Lester and then to Florida, If we're lucky they take a dive in their bowl game too. Trust me we don't want these freaks getting a big head. Imagine what it would be like if OkieState finished top 5 and multiply that by 10 thats how annoying this would wind up being.

oklaclarinet
11/22/2006, 02:29 PM
.............Nope can't do it........Hope the piglettes lose to Lester and then to Florida, If we're lucky they take a dive in their bowl game too. Trust me we don't want these freaks getting a big head. Imagine what it would be like if OkieState finished top 5 and multiply that by 10 thats how annoying this would wind up being.

I completely agree. This is especially a problem on the east side of the state, where Arkansas is either treated as an equal to OU or, in the SE, as the only school in existence.

CORNholio
11/22/2006, 02:29 PM
Arkie=OkieState east.
Arkie+top5 finish=annoying, dilusional, SEC boasting partially retarded fans everywhere.
You know what Im talking about if you reside in the eastern part of this state.

CORNholio
11/22/2006, 02:37 PM
I completely agree. This is especially a problem on the east side of the state, where Arkansas is either treated as an equal to OU or, in the SE, as the only school in existence.
I hear you man, those guys are aggies gone wild. When I moved to Fayetteville from Tx as a kid, one of the first things I said was "Is it just me or are these people kinda strange". They never got any less strange, think it has something to do with being historically isolated in the hills.

What makes me laugh is that they kinda turn their nose up at Oklahoma though most of them have never been any farther than Deleware county.

NoUse4AName
11/22/2006, 03:01 PM
I can't root for Lester. Gotta hope that LSU loses out so JaMarcus Russell will feel like he needs to stay and prove himself for his senior year and to boost his stock in the NFL. Then we will get Matt Flynn next year and win a national championship.

GreenSooner
11/22/2006, 03:04 PM
See? Isn't the BCS more exciting, more fair, and more traditional than a playoff system? </snark>

Seriously: would the "every game is a playoff" crowd please explain how this situation--in which we're guaranteed a one-loss team in the MNC game, and the only possible second undefeated team will likely not go to a BCS bowl at all--provides evidence for your argument?

boomrsoonr
11/22/2006, 05:35 PM
Personally, I hope we don't wind up in the Rose against Michigan. I don't feel this OU team has a snowball's chance in Hell to beat Michigan. And I certainly don't want the team to get another beating like they did in the "Bowl Game We Don't Talk About" again. Could we surprise them? I doubt it. They hung with the best team in the Nation. And our team just isn't up to that level yet.

Sorry, just being honest with how I see it.

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry, the best team in the nation got their asses handed to them in 2004. OSU still has to win it in the Bowl game.

Yes, the beat Texas way back when but Texas and OU have both improved since then (Texas offensively at least) so I'm not scared for this OU team to play anyone.

Let's play the best team that we can and see how far up the charts we can move. Anyone remember our subpar team last year beating the No. 6 Team in the nation?

boomrsoonr
11/22/2006, 05:49 PM
Sorry, the best team in the nation got their asses handed to them in 2004. OSU still has to win it in the Bowl game.

Yes, the beat Texas way back when but Texas and OU have both improved since then (Texas offensively at least) so I'm not scared for this OU team to play anyone.

Let's play the best team that we can and see how far up the charts we can move. Anyone remember our subpar team last year beating the No. 6 Team in the nation?

Oregon, was not, and is not, Michigan. Michigan's defense would eat us alive. And our defense would not be able to stop their offense.

I want to play a good team, but not Michigan. Anybody outside the top 3 would be fine for me. But I want our kids to have a chance. Another blowout bowl game won't help recruiting at all. And I couldn't care less about the final poll unless it has OU at #1. That's the only position that counts.

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 05:57 PM
I have to say that is the most chicken**** thing that I've seen on this board. I'm guessing that the programs goal is not to play in the best bowl that they think they might win but to play the best team that they can.

How can you possibly say that we don't stack up to Michigan until we play them? Maybe we don't but I think that we are playing about as well as anyone in the nation right now and this should be improved when a healthy AD is back in the line up come the bowl game.

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 06:02 PM
Oregon, was not, and is not, Michigan. Michigan's defense would eat us alive. And our defense would not be able to stop their offense.

I want to play a good team, but not Michigan. Anybody outside the top 3 would be fine for me. But I want our kids to have a chance. Another blowout bowl game won't help recruiting at all. And I couldn't care less about the final poll unless it has OU at #1. That's the only position that counts.

#1 is the only position that counts? Thats the biggest load of horse hooey I have heard since the OSU AD said he doesn't care if he sells out the stadium for the OU game. And its a close second. Finishing in the top 10 this year and rutgers finishing in out of the top 15 means Bob Stoops wins coach of the year in all probability, if you think that doesn't mean anything when it comes to recruiting you are insane.

Can we beat Michigan? Yes but it would be the toughest game we played all year including Texas and we would have to play much better to beat them than we played agains't Texas. However, I wouldn't turn down a Rose Bowl appearance ever, if they want us to play Michigan in Pasadena, lets play Michigan.

Beats the hell out of who Texas is projected to play.

Soonerus
11/22/2006, 06:05 PM
#1 is the only position that counts? Thats the biggest load of horse hooey I have heard since the OSU AD said he doesn't care if he sells out the stadium for the OU game. And its a close second. Finishing in the top 10 this year and rutgers finishing in out of the top 15 means Bob Stoops wins coach of the year in all probability, if you think that doesn't mean anything when it comes to recruiting you are insane.

Can we beat Michigan? Yes but it would be the toughest game we played all year including Texas and we would have to play much better to beat them than we played agains't Texas. However, I wouldn't turn down a Rose Bowl appearance ever, if they want us to play Michigan in Pasadena, lets play Michigan.

Beats the hell out of who Texas is projected to play.

That Michigan D looked pretty darn tough giving up 500+ yards and 42 points to Ohio State...overrated.....

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 06:11 PM
I still think Michigan is better today than Texas was in October, so they would still be the toughest game we played all year.

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 06:15 PM
I agree that Michigan is the toughest opponent that we could play in a bowl and I think that is why we should jump at the chance to do it if things work out that way.

How much cred would the program get if it makes it to that point and we win. Even if we lose, the program has to be given props considering all that we went through this year.

TheLadiesMike
11/22/2006, 06:47 PM
Bring on Michigan.

They should be scared of us. We're Oklahoma!

Blues1
11/22/2006, 07:53 PM
Just think of "TWO ROSE BOWL TROPHIES" Behind Glass in Swizter Center---How SWEET would that be......... :)

How many Big 12 teams could show off that kind of hardware..... :)

Go for it -- We Rock in the Rose Bowl....!!!

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Blues1]Just think of "TWO ROSE BOWL TROPHIES" Behind Glass in Swizter Center---How SWEET would that be......... :)

How many Big 12 teams could show off that kind of hardware..... :)QUOTE]

Unfortunately.... Hook 'em has two...

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 08:22 PM
I truly hope that OU could play in Rose Bowl. But OU need a W this Sat first and foremost.

mightysooner
11/22/2006, 08:51 PM
Actually......I think most people would find a Michigan/Oklahoma match up more intruiging that Notre Dame. To my knowledge, at least not in my lifetime, OU and Michigan have never met. Imagine the ratings of the first ever meeting between Michigan and Oklahoma with AD in his last game AND considering that both teams fan's will travel. If I'm a network executive or bowl official, I'm all over that matchup. Michigan already destroyed ND this year. Nobody wants to see that rematch.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/22/2006, 08:57 PM
Actually......I think most people would find a Michigan/Oklahoma match up more intruiging that Notre Dame. To my knowledge, at least not in my lifetime, OU and Michigan have never met. Imagine the ratings of the first ever meeting between Michigan and Oklahoma with AD in his last game AND considering that both teams fan's will travel. If I'm a network executive or bowl official, I'm all over that matchup. Michigan already destroyed ND this year. Nobody wants to see that rematch.

Actually OU and Michigan have met once, the 1975 Orange Bowl where we won 14-6.

utex74
11/22/2006, 09:13 PM

I think they have to be ranked at least 14 in the BCS. I'm giving you guys about 50/50 odds of smelling roses. And I'll beat you to the punch by saying I know you are going to post that you will be in the Fiesta Bowl. Yeah, yeah.
But seriously, you'll love Pasadena this time around.

KingDavid
11/22/2006, 09:19 PM
If Boise St. loses, they won't be ranked in the top 20 in any respectable poll. No one puts any credence into a schedule that only has 1 BCS Conference opponent on it.

Harumph. Amen. Well said.

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 10:33 PM
Actually, if Allen Patrick is doing better and with AD come back 100%, the next team is going to have a 100% dose of running game.

Stooper
11/22/2006, 10:59 PM
If we were to go to the gator bowl, does anyone know who we would play?

Stooper
11/22/2006, 11:03 PM
I agree, but I was just wondering if you guys knew who our opponents might be if we were to play in the gator bowl.

birddog
11/22/2006, 11:16 PM
I truly hope that OU could play in Rose Bowl. But OU need a W this Sat first and foremost.

amen brother. i don't even want to get into projections and destinations until saturday night.

i'm sorry, but we are going to have our hands full fellas. especially if ap isn't good to go.

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 11:58 PM
amen brother. i don't even want to get into projections and destinations until saturday night.

i'm sorry, but we are going to have our hands full fellas. especially if ap isn't good to go.

Yea because the OSU Cowboys have won a total 6 fricken games all year. Anyone who gives them any credit or favors them in any way doesn't know anything about football.

sanantoniosooner
11/23/2006, 12:01 AM
Yea because the OSU Cowboys have won a total 6 fricken games all year. Anyone who gives them any credit or favors them in any way doesn't know anything about football.
some pretty bad OSU teams have caused us some problems in case you missed it.

a 4-7 OSU team did us on our own field

but people that know anything about football would know that.

In fact, quite a few of the OSU teams that have beaten OU teams had a losing record.

boomrsoonr
11/23/2006, 01:55 PM
I have to say that is the most chicken**** thing that I've seen on this board. I'm guessing that the programs goal is not to play in the best bowl that they think they might win but to play the best team that they can.

How can you possibly say that we don't stack up to Michigan until we play them? Maybe we don't but I think that we are playing about as well as anyone in the nation right now and this should be improved when a healthy AD is back in the line up come the bowl game.

There's nothing chicken**** about it. It's just being honest. I didn't say I wanted them to play a patsy, or a lesser team than they are. I'd welcome a rematch with Oregon. And I'd love to see us play Notre Dame. But to get a beating like USC gave us when we had a great team was not fun. Not for the fans, and certainly not for those kids out there playing their hearts out.

What's chicken**** is if it were to come about, and we lose big like I think we would, you and half this board would be crying like little bitches about this, or that, or the officiating, or such and such coach needs to be fired, or why was so and so playing instead of someone else, and all kinds of crap.

If you think getting your *** handed to you on national tv helps your recruiting, you're pretty ignorant.

Readyfor8
11/23/2006, 02:49 PM
There's nothing chicken**** about it. It's just being honest. I didn't say I wanted them to play a patsy, or a lesser team than they are. I'd welcome a rematch with Oregon. And I'd love to see us play Notre Dame. But to get a beating like USC gave us when we had a great team was not fun. Not for the fans, and certainly not for those kids out there playing their hearts out.

What's chicken**** is if it were to come about, and we lose big like I think we would, you and half this board would be crying like little bitches about this, or that, or the officiating, or such and such coach needs to be fired, or why was so and so playing instead of someone else, and all kinds of crap.

If you think getting your *** handed to you on national tv helps your recruiting, you're pretty ignorant.

Whats at stake is more than a W, or an L. I don't think anyone would have predicted the blowout of the game of which we do not speak, so should we cancel every game for the rest of the year? Should we play a Boise St. schedule?

A blowout can happen any time you suit up, the one thing I know is that 2004 USC would have blown anybody in the nation out including Auburn, so why should we worry about it now?

birddog
11/23/2006, 03:26 PM

i don't know anything about football because there's a chance we could lose sat.?

um, ok.

josh09
11/23/2006, 06:14 PM
wow if we could get into the rose bowl that would be great. i thought the computers hated us though....