PDA

View Full Version : Sec. of Education on Jeopardy

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 12:02 PM
She had better be good.

Ike
11/21/2006, 12:03 PM
this could be entertaining. let us know how she does.

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 12:07 PM
1sy commercial break, she has rang in once. she was wrong. The question was about Stonehenge. The "henge" portion of stonehenge is used to describe ancient sites arranged in this formation.

Her answer: Tower.

The two actors are kicking herr ***.

Ike
11/21/2006, 12:12 PM
heh.

lexsooner
11/21/2006, 12:12 PM
I saw ABC News' science correspondent on NOVA once. They had a science quiz show format and then went in depth into each question. This guy, whose name escapes me, sucked royally - he missed most of the questions and finished last.

I also saw Bill Bennett on CNN's election night coverage. He set the odds down for all the races based on early returns. ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2006, 02:40 PM
I saw ABC News' science correspondent on NOVA once. They had a science quiz show format and then went in depth into each question. This guy, whose name escapes me, sucked royally - he missed most of the questions and finished last.

I also saw Bill Bennett on CNN's election night coverage. He set the odds down for all the races based on early returns. ;)

Bennett himself is a former SecEd.

Ike
11/21/2006, 02:44 PM

most science correspondents are dolts and wouldn't be able to tell good science from a hole in their head.

Oh, and 1TC, how did she do?

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.lpcd.de/1/C8479_01.jpg

lexsooner
11/21/2006, 02:47 PM
Bennett himself is a former SecEd.

Yep, he also wrote a best selling book on virtue. Then after it was learned he gambled away millions of dollars in Atlantic City, he rationalized it by saying "Well, my family still had milk and bread on the table," or something like that. On CNN he looked big, fat, pale, doughy, gruff, and really kind of sad.

jk the sooner fan
11/21/2006, 02:51 PM
Bennett is a brilliant man imo

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 03:12 PM
she finished 2nd with something like $11,000. The guy that won, Michael McKeean(I think) was on fire. He finished with $38,800 . A black guy named Hill Somethingoranother finished 3rd with about 9,600.

She did pretty good, I think she had trouble with the buzzer. She seemed like a nice person.

She was also not near as hawt as the young chick on TPIR

SoonerStormchaser
11/21/2006, 08:18 PM
Michael McKean is a helluva lot smarter than his character on "Spinal Tap."