PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bob hiring Mike in the beginning?

achiro
11/21/2006, 10:58 AM
I wasn't in Oklahoma back then so I missed out on a lot of the general gossip and local talking heads stuff. What were the general thoughts on Coach Stoops hiring Coach Stoops? Was it accepted as a good move for the Sooners or more an, "oh crap now we are hiring family" kind of reaction?

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 11:05 AM
I think Bill Snyder and the KSU faithful were more concerned about Bob 'raiding' their staff more than anything.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/21/2006, 11:05 AM
If I remember, at the time, we could give a rats *** who he hired, as long as the other coach left.

Miko
11/21/2006, 11:07 AM
My reaction was more of relief and a sincere hope that we could now successfully field our special teams unit without penalty.

bluedogok
11/21/2006, 11:08 AM
After watching how good the K-State defense was while M. Stoops was the D-Coordinator, I think most felt like it was a good move. It is not as if he was an unknown quantity at that point.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:20 PM
the first time i ever watched their defense was the big 12 championship game against aTm. 5 minutes in, i was like "we are so going to get torched with that press coverage crap". 20 minutes in, i watched it start to happen to kstate :(