PDA

View Full Version : i remember when i was growing up...

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/21/2006, 10:40 AM
about this time of the year listening to my father. he was an OU grad in geology in 1950. at one point, he was a walkon on the f.b. team. he was a donor to the program for many decades. would show up in rain, sleet, snow, or if hell came, he would show up to the f.b games.

right around this time of the year every year, he would come up to me with the straightest poker face and ask me "well...are you ready for the 'annual aggie @$$kicking?' "

my father was a wise man...:D

sooner_born_1960
11/21/2006, 10:50 AM
Well, are you?

Landthief 1972
11/21/2006, 10:56 AM
He should have asked, "are you ready for the semi-annual Tetanus Bowl in beautiful downtown Stoolwater?"

OUinFLA
11/21/2006, 10:59 AM
I would think "at this time of the year" he would be asking if you were ready for the annual slugfest with the Huskers.
I miss that Thanksgiving rivalry.
It cannot be replaced with the pokes.

NoUse4AName
11/21/2006, 11:21 AM
I too miss the Friday game with the Huskers. It was always something I looked forward to after eating turkey.

Taxman71
11/21/2006, 11:59 AM
Be sure to thank Donnie Duncan for ruining the 2nd best rivalry/tradition and giving the pukes an annual bowl game.

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 12:28 PM
He should have asked, "are you ready for the bi-annual Tetanus Bowl in beautiful downtown Stoolwater?"

fixed. semi-annual would be twice a year. And you know we couldn't stand that high of exposure to aggieation.

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 12:29 PM
Be sure to thank Donnie Duncan for ruining the 2nd best rivalry/tradition and giving the pukes an annual bowl game.

Yeah, OU didn't need any help at all with filling the stadium or garnering national attention when the game was moved to a different date... it was the right move, especially since the Nebraska game isn't played on a yearly basis. And it's not a bowl game for OSU. Kinda like the Texas game isn't a bowl game for OU. It's a rivalry game for OSU. And whether or not you want to admit it, it's a big game for OU as well. You can sugarcoat the reasons that it's a big game for OU in whichever manner you choose, but it is still a big game.

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 12:33 PM
All of our games are big games. When you are in the hunt for a MNC, one loss can be devestating. ;)

FlatheadSooner
11/21/2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, OU didn't need any help at all with filling the stadium or garnering national attention when the game was moved to a different date... it was the right move, especially since the Nebraska game isn't played on a yearly basis. And it's not a bowl game for OSU. Kinda like the Texas game isn't a bowl game for OU. It's a rivalry game for OSU. And whether or not you want to admit it, it's a big game for OU as well. You can sugarcoat the reasons that it's a big game for OU in whichever manner you choose, but it is still a big game.

Is not. :rolleyes:

Landthief 1972
11/21/2006, 12:42 PM
And it's not a bowl game for OSU.

Really?

Better tell your wingmen from the stockyards about that. (http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=474190&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

basokla - To me this is the bowl game.

osupride97 - Good post. Agree w/ you 100% .

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 12:48 PM

Ok, if it isn't your bowl game, then why did you pukes make so much noise when we had it moved to October? It is your bowl game, get over it.

P.S. It is only a big game in the sense that every OU football game is a big game. I mean come on, OU and osu don't even compete for the same recruits most of the time. (Yes there are a few we compete for, but overall, you are not even a rival in recruiting) It is a big game for osu for the same reason the Miami FAU game was a big game for the FAU kids, most of the osu players wanted to go to OU but couldn't get in.

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 12:48 PM
I'll give you that 75% of OSU fans are generally dumb... OSU has one true rivalry game (OU). Poke fans are easily confused by determining the difference between a rivalry game and a bowl game.

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 12:55 PM
I remember a time the pukes were about the 2nd or 3rd conference game. Didn't the pokies cry like bitches to get that game moved to the end of the season?

End of season = bowl

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 12:58 PM
Ok, if it isn't your bowl game, then why did you pukes make so much noise when we had it moved to October? It is your bowl game, get over it.

P.S. It is only a big game in the sense that every OU football game is a big game. I mean come on, OU and osu don't even compete for the same recruits most of the time. (Yes there are a few we compete for, but overall, you are not even a rival in recruiting) It is a big game for osu for the same reason the Miami FAU game was a big game for the FAU kids, most of the osu players wanted to go to OU but couldn't get in.

uh.. You're a little outdated in your recruiting analysis. And are you referring to the Miami-FIU game? That comparison is insane. FIU's been in D-1 for 2 years, maybe. Most of the players that will be on the field Saturday for OSU could have gone to OU.

Every game in college football is a big game. But an OU game against MTSU isn't as big as an OU game against OSU. An OU game @ Mizzou or aTm isn't as big as @ OSU. The only game(s) that are bigger for OU would be the Texas game and the Nebraska game. And the Nebraska game is quickly losing its luster due to the adjustment of playing them twice every 4 years.

Comparing FIU-Miami to OSU-OU is weak, at best.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 12:59 PM
The consensus seems to be that they don't like the fact that we act like we are better than them just because we are.

They expect to win every game and when they don't it is always someone else's fault.

and yeah, we do expect to win every game, it is kinda what you are supposed to think unless you are a puke, in that case you are supposed to assume you will lose every game. And yes, when we lose it is ALWAYS someone else's fault. I don't know about you guys, but I have never cost OU a game personally.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:03 PM
uh.. You're a little outdated in your recruiting analysis. And are you referring to the Miami-FIU game? That comparison is insane. FIU's been in D-1 for 2 years, maybe. Most of the players that will be on the field Saturday for OSU could have gone to OU.

Every game in college football is a big game. But an OU game against MTSU isn't as big as an OU game against OSU. An OU game @ Mizzou or aTm isn't as big as @ OSU. The only game(s) that are bigger for OU would be the Texas game and the Nebraska game. And the Nebraska game is quickly losing its luster due to the adjustment of playing them twice every 4 years.

No, I think it is apt. APT!!! If it wasn't for big brother in Norman, the pokies would be div-1a. And come on, you can't honestly think that there are that many players on the osu team that would be higher than 3rd on OUr depth chart. You guys get what is left over from OU, UT, A&M, NU, and now TT.

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:07 PM
I remember a time the pukes were about the 2nd or 3rd conference game. Didn't the pokies cry like bitches to get that game moved to the end of the season?

End of season = bowlThey're gonna be upset next year and the years after that because the game is back to October. Poor Aggie.

landrun
11/21/2006, 01:11 PM
An OU game @ Mizzou or aTm isn't as big as @ OSU. The only game(s) that are bigger for OU would be the Texas game and the Nebraska game.

Wrong.
The aTm game is a much bigger game. It has a potential to give a loss each time we play them.

You guys are just annoying. Plain and Simple. Not the team, but the fans.

Only to you... its is a legit comparison to OU fans.

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 01:11 PM
No, I think it is apt. APT!!! If it wasn't for big brother in Norman, the pokies would be div-1a. And come on, you can't honestly think that there are that many players on the osu team that would be higher than 3rd on OUr depth chart. You guys get what is left over from OU, UT, A&M, NU, and now TT.

all right.. you seem to be a bit more dense than your comrades... i'll break it down for ya.

Reid - Top 5 QB coming out of HS...
Savage - Would start over Brown (mainly due to maturity), "Gute," and possibly Patrick... Not Peterson.
Bowman > Woods > Kelly
2 players off the O-Line would start @ OU, Hilliard and Washington
Pettigrew is at least = to Finley... better athlete, a little worse blocking
DeGrate would start @ DE
Peterson would be in the rotation
McBean is the #5 DT in the country according to one of the ESPN draft guys, Kiper I think
No OSU LB's would start @ OU right now, but a couple would be in the 2-deep - Collins, if he weren't hurt, and Johnson
Sexton, Cox and Van Zant would be in the 2-deep in the OU secondary.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:13 PM
They're gonna be upset next year and the years after that because the game is back to October. Poor Aggie.

How could we are take away their bowl game??? Come on OU, just because we can doesn't mean we should keep aggie from playing in their bowl of choice :D

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 01:15 PM
Wrong.
The aTm game is a much bigger game. It has a potential to give a loss each time we play them.

ok, let's see... Stoops is 7-1 against aTm w/3 "scares"

He's 5-2 against OSU with 2 "scares"...

I can definitely see your logic there... aTm is much more difficult.

starrca23
11/21/2006, 01:21 PM
That sounds like a good argument, but we don't know who any of those non-sooners are. Do they all play for OSU or are they all from the Big XII

Sooner_Havok
Big Games for OU ranked in order of importance to me
#1 BCS Title Game
#2 CCG
#3 Other Bowls
#4 saxeT
#5 Nebraska
#6 K-State (even without synder)
#7 A&M
#8 Tech
#9 Colorado
#10 osu

Big Red Ron
Soon to be 6-2. "scares" only count in horseshoes. You should know that by now since OSU has like a bazillion NC's in horseshoes.

Danny_Boy
11/21/2006, 01:23 PM
My dad was there when the streak was broken by Notre Dame, grown men were sobbing like babies, he said.

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:23 PM
Big Games for OU ranked in order of importance to me
#1 BCS Title Game
#2 CCG
#3 Other Bowls
#4 saxeT
#5 Nebraska
#6 K-State (even without synder)
#7 A&M
#8 Tech
#9 Colorado
#10 osuyou forgot our two year series with Oregon, Washington, tOSU and Miamuh. Each push aggie down another notch.

starrca23
11/21/2006, 01:24 PM
Oh, I checked out that OSU message board link. I really get upset with the idea of a bandwagon fan. Bandwagon fans jump from team to team. So when OSU wins a couple in a row they are OSU fans. I don't hear any complaining then.

OSUAggie
"It has a potential to give a loss each time we play them" is what I was responding to with "scares." I think scares qualify for the potential to give OU a loss.

Sooner_Havok

Stop trying to argue that you are our biggest rival? It isn't going to happen.

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:25 PM

I can definitely see your logic there... aTm is much more difficult.We do tend to play up to or down to our opponent's level. Hope we get that fixed before Sat.

william_brasky

Leave it to Aggies to keep the "scare" statistic.

OSUAggie
Sorry, I forgot that OU fans have an advantage when they argue b/c they don't feel the need to use logic.

william_brasky
11/21/2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry, I forgot that OU fans have an advantage when they argue b/c they don't feel the need to use logic.

Holy chit that's funny considering the source.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:28 PM
"It has a potential to give a loss each time we play them" is what I was responding to with "scares." I think scares qualify for the potential to give OU a loss.

No, potential to give us a loss equates to they have the talent and the coaches more often to threaten our supremacy, instead of just rolling up into a ball and accepting their thumping :D

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:28 PM
Sorry, I forgot that OU fans have an advantage when they argue b/c they don't feel the need to use logic.I got some logic for ya, we've played what? 90 sum times? And Aggie has won what 16 sum times? That my friend logically leads you to a rivalry? Drugs kill cells, just sayin'

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:30 PM
Sorry, I forgot that OU fans have an advantage when they argue b/c they actually have an I.Q. higher that a jar of Mayonnaise and have a minimum of a working idea on how to use logic.

Fixed

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:31 PM
OCTOBER BIIITCHES!

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 01:31 PM

Dude, I know you want us to see your point of view on how big this game is to OSU, but truthfully it's a no win situation for the Sooners. We beat the pukes, it's expected. We lose, well it's time for new T-shirts, plates, & medallions in stoolwater.

The best thing about the game is watching the poor pukies cry afterwards & vow even more hatred against OU.

:twinkies:

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 01:32 PM
Fixed

Wow, that sentence was almost in English... Nicely done.

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 01:32 PM
Leave it to Aggies to keep the "scare" statistic.

It's right up there among their moral victories. :D

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:34 PM
Dude, I know you want us to see your point of view on how big this game is to OSU, but truthfully it's a no win situation for the Sooners. We beat the pukes, it's expected. We lose, well it's time for new T-shirts, plates, & medallions in stoolwater.

The best thing about the game is watching the poor pukies cry afterwards & vow even more hatred against OU.

Pretty much sums it up huh? We win they say big deal, you are a football school, we lose.....and life is a living hell for a year. What I don't get is that they complain when we bring of the series record, but we only do that in response to so stupid aggie comment.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:36 PM
you forgot our two year series with Oregon, Washington, tOSU and Miamuh. Each push aggie down another notch.

You know, Tulsa is coming up next year too. That game may knock them down another peg

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 01:39 PM
But an OU game against MTSU isn't as big as an OU game against OSU. An OU game @ Mizzou or aTm isn't as big as @ OSU. The only game(s) that are bigger for OU would be the Texas game and the Nebraska game. And the Nebraska game is quickly losing its luster due to the adjustment of playing them twice every 4 years.

How can you tell us what games we think are important? Don't project your sense of importance of this game to us. The only elevated sense of importance we have for this game is that it is the last game of the season and a win here could win us a BCS bowl game.

In a game where we expect to win every time we play, there are no state bragging rights on the line. The only extra motivation we have when playing your team is to win so that we don't have to listen to aggie fans with a bloated sense of self importance for the next year (and most of the times multiple years becuase of one loss)

all right.. you seem to be a bit more dense than your comrades... i'll break it down for ya.

Savage - Would start over Brown (mainly due to maturity), "Gute," and possibly Patrick... Not Peterson.
Bowman > Woods > Kelly
Pettigrew is at least = to Finley... better athlete, a little worse blocking
DeGrate would start @ DE
McBean is the #5 DT in the country according to one of the ESPN draft guys, Kiper I think
No OSU LB's would start @ OU right now, but a couple would be in the 2-deep - Collins, if he weren't hurt, and Johnson
Sexton, Cox and Van Zant would be in the 2-deep in the OU secondary.

Thanks for the breakdown coach OSUAggie. How they hell would you know where your players would rank on our depth chart. DJ Wolfe was the #1 running back recruit out of Oklahoma when he came to our team. The coaches realized that he would never step on the field at that postion when he got here and moved him to a postion he would be able to compete at.

Just because the players you mention are first on your team doesn't mean that they would cut the mustard at OU. Running up stats against Baylor and whatever DivII schools you played in the NCG doesn't make your players world beaters.

Big Red Ron
11/21/2006, 01:51 PM
If we were playing Baylor this weekend it would be just as big of a game. We need a win to BCSing.

Enjoy your beating in OCTOBER, next year.

P.S. You do not have a single starter that would start over any of ours. Not one.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:52 PM
Wow, that sentence was almost in English... Nicely done.

You know what you dumb son of a bitch, I was trying to have a little light hearted humor with you, but I guess you are to ****ing stupid you sheep humping, sister screwing, pigeon raper. Remind me again, what is the minimum GPA and ACT scores to get into that community college up there? Before you hurt yourself trying to think, let me help you out. Both are lower than what it takes to be considered at OU. I may not be the sharpest knife down here at OU, but I would be asked to teach if I moved up to Toiletwater.

So here is the deal, win the next 61 OU-osu games, and win 8 nation titles or make that **** hole up there a reputable school or.....

STFU!

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 01:54 PM
Their colors are ORANGE and black. <snicker>

Scotty
11/21/2006, 02:26 PM
He would compete, no doubt. Given the circumstances and need for experience and leadership on an otherwise very youthful offense, I stick w/ Thompson. He has earned it.

Brown- maybe. Have not seen enough of him to know if he is a true #1 guy.
Gute- yes, but then again Gute is primarily used to spell other backs.
Patrick- Doubt it. Savage has 21 less carries than AP.

Bowman > Woods > Kelly

First of all, Kelly's pinky finger>>>>>>>>>Woods
Now Bowman to Kelly is a better comparison. Two totally different style recievers. Bowman is more of a raw athlete while Kelly has more polish and finess.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you one thing about the OSU line.

Pettigrew is at least = to Finley
No.

DeGrate would start @ DE
No again.

No. You're on a roll.

okay.

thats fair

OSUAggie
11/21/2006, 02:28 PM
So here is the deal, win the next 61 OU-osu games, and win 8 nation titles or make that **** hole up there a reputable school or.....

STFU!

you have 8 national titles now?

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 02:36 PM

Well dumb ****, I thought maybe, just maybe, you might want to be better than OU in something. I guess simply being even with OU would be a miracle for you guys though. And honestly I thought the record was 76-16. Meaning 61 wins would put you ahead of us. guess I forgot to add on last years win. It happens when you have so many.

william_brasky
11/21/2006, 02:41 PM
When i was growing up, classmates of mine who were poke fans talked trash, and they hadn't seen a Poke victory in their lifetime at that point.

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 02:43 PM

Nice come back there slappy. You come to this board trolling for spek for LosuR & you'll find none. 6 wins & a tie in 30 years doesn't make this a rivalry. If I were in your perspective I'd prolly fight to have my team respected, but I ain't in your perspective so I really don't care.

I really don't care about LosuR, their fans, their "rivalry", facilities, recruiting--anything. Your team is just 1 of 12 games we play every year. I see this game as equal to Colorado or Mizzou. I just like the fact it gives you folks the spasms when you lose to us.

SoonerBorn68
11/21/2006, 02:46 PM
Meaning 61 wins would put you ahead of us.

Just think Havok if the pukies beat us for 61 years straight every poster on this board would be either dead or in a nursing home.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 03:04 PM
Just think Havok if the pukies beat us for 61 years straight every poster on this board would be either dead or in a nursing home.

Kinda makes me happy knowing that even if my team drops every game for the rest of my life, I will die with OU still on top :D

OUinFLA
11/21/2006, 03:28 PM

Ok, I'd like to chose nursing home, but at my age that is not likely.

What I want to know is who and how would you "rape a pigeon"?
that one threw me for a loop.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 03:30 PM

that one threw me for a loop.

You know, I was trying to think of something completely absurd :P

OUinFLA
11/21/2006, 03:32 PM
good jorb

Flagstaffsooner
11/21/2006, 03:47 PM

that one threw me for a loop.I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and have been wondering about that pigeon thing.

OUswagger
11/21/2006, 04:47 PM
lOSUrs could win the next 61 games, and i would still be there!!!! Until then them sheephumpers shaggies PIGEONS can shut the hell up! Only until then can it really be a rivalry or "bowl game" for them. It is the biggest game for them for the year. And then their the happiest losers by saying how close they almost beat us!!!! Pothetic

FlatheadSooner
11/21/2006, 08:28 PM

The Sooners own a commanding 77-16-7 lead in the overall series with OSU. It represents the most lopsided in-state rivalry in the nation.

Oklahoma leads ATM series, 15-10, and has won the last four meetings and six of the last seven between the two. Texas A&M holds a 5-3 advantage over the Sooners in games played at College Station.

Different perspective. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 08:49 PM
Malcom Kelly...being not only compared to Woods and Bowman but being trumped by them has to the brightest shade of Orange Homer glasses ever. Malcom Kelly is arguably the mos physically gifted WR in the country.