PDA

View Full Version : anyone had the eye fixin' surgery???

fadada1
11/21/2006, 09:25 AM
my pop is taking the two of us to get our eyes made all better - xmas present. had the screening yesterday and all looks good. a few of our members here at shangri-la have had it done - said they'd do it again in a second.

tentatively scheduled to go under the lazer on dec. 19.

anyone here with personal experience????

recommendations??

comments??

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73826&highlight=lasik

Do it.

It doesn't hurt.

Smells a little funny, like burning hair.

It's over in 7 minutes.

Jenni.

Carlson.

n8v_ndn
11/21/2006, 09:43 AM
I've worked with 7 folks who have all gotten it. 100% success rate in each case. I'm considering it next spring, I've worn contacts since '90.

fadada1
11/21/2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73826&highlight=lasik

Do it.

It doesn't hurt.

Smells a little funny, like burning hair.

It's over in 7 minutes.

Jenni.

Carlson.
thanks jenni;)

i've been wearing contacts for about 10 years now, so something in my eye is no biggie. everything i've heard has been positive. my dad seemed a little nervous about the whole thing, and he's the one who suggested it.

mrowl
11/21/2006, 09:53 AM
thanks jenni;)

i've been wearing contacts for about 10 years now, so something in my eye is no biggie. everything i've heard has been positive. my dad seemed a little nervous about the whole thing, and he's the one who suggested it.

there are some suggestions that you don't wear your contacts for 3 months before the surgery, and some say 2 weeks... I would go with the longer time.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 09:54 AM
thanks jenni;)

My dad had it done before me. He was nervous too, but it's a pretty common surgery now. Because he's older, he still needs readers for magazines or newspapers, but everything else, he's fine.

Funny story, when they gave him all the release forms about things that could go wrong, 1 in a billion type things, he just flipped to the back and signed it. He handed it back saying, "If read all that stuff, there's no way I'll do it. Let's go."

:D

mrowl
11/21/2006, 09:57 AM
Funny story, when they gave him all the release forms about things that could go wrong, 1 in a billion type things, he just flipped to the back and signed it. He handed it back saying, "If read all that stuff, there's no way I'll do it. Let's go."

:D

thats what I said when I did the nascar driving experience at TMS. The first line read: "THE RESULT OF THIS CAN LEAD TO DEATH" :eek: :D

fadada1
11/21/2006, 10:08 AM
there are some suggestions that you don't wear your contacts for 3 months before the surgery, and some say 2 weeks... I would go with the longer time.
i've been wearing my glasses for about 2 months now - just sick of the contacts. only wear them for thursday night basketball - with the head pros of pine valley and merion. the golf business is great.

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Just do it.

GottaHavePride
11/21/2006, 12:19 PM
Once I get a job and can afford it I probably will - my prescription hasn't really changed in about 6 years now.

OklahomaRed
11/21/2006, 12:23 PM
I had it done before it was a laser. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 16 years later and I'm still passing my eye exams and living contacts free. :D