PDA

View Full Version : If I See One More College Player...

tru2ou
11/20/2006, 06:03 PM
...Do the "jump shot" after they make a play, I'm going to puke.

Who the hell cares if you can shoot a jumper?!?!?!

- TRU

OK2LA
11/20/2006, 06:04 PM
The last guy I saw do that - actually missed

IronSooner
11/20/2006, 06:17 PM
I noticed us doing that a bit saturday. First time I'd seen it was in the Bears-Giants game a couple weeks ago. Then the next Saturday I start seeing college kids (including ours) doing that. Gimme a break. Turn around, do a fist pump, high-five your buddy and get ready for the next play.

OU James
11/20/2006, 06:21 PM
I hope this turns into basketball players celebrating a made jump shot, by tackling the nearest guy on the other team.

PDXsooner
11/20/2006, 06:26 PM
I hope this turns into basketball players celebrating a made jump shot, by tackling the nearest guy on the other team.

most football players (at least the skill positon players that are scoring the TD's) played hoops in high school and have that "i want to be a hooper" mentality -- kind of like musicians all want to be athletes and athletes all want to be musicians thing...

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 06:34 PM
The last thing I want is any sort gheyness from the NBA entering into football. god I hate that whole organization. I think Strahan started this gheyness in the MNF game amonth or so ago. I wish that the excessive celebration flag would come out and stop this right gheyness before it becomes engrained.

Scotty
11/20/2006, 06:40 PM
The new fad is a direct result of this music video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJ-1thSR7A

BALLIN'

ywia

boomersooner82
11/20/2006, 06:44 PM
G-I-A-N-T-S!!!

I thought it was cool when the G-men were doing it (I'm bias), but it's gotten old now that everyone in D-I has adpoted it.

blackbeauty02
11/20/2006, 07:30 PM

that would be f'ing awesome

blackbeauty02
11/20/2006, 07:35 PM
The new fad is a direct result of this music video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJ-1thSR7A

BALLIN'

ywia

i listen to some rap like Ludacris and Jay-Z who are actually good but that **** was retarded. I hate all this gay rap that is coming out...does your chain hang low? shake yo' laffy taffy, and the new I Fly High, etc. they don't have any good beats, rythm, or words.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2006, 02:03 AM
Rap sucks.

But more to the point, when a college player scores they need to pat their quarterback, linemen, or other blockers on the back and go to the sideline so the coaches can start working on the next possession with them.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 02:32 AM
Katt Williams has a little bit to do with this too.

Don't worry about the young people, you old guys are too worried about something that has no effect on you one way or another.

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:43 AM
Katt Williams has a little bit to do with this too.

Don't worry about the young people, you old guys are too worried about something that has no effect on you one way or another.

So, how many years has it taken for you to become this stupid?

stoopified
11/21/2006, 12:01 PM
I think there is entirely too much CELEBRATING of ANY kind after every stinking play.

soonerinabilene
11/21/2006, 01:27 PM
look, when you tackle a guy, you did your job. when an osu grad finishes his job, he doesnt say BOOMSHAKALAKA and do a dance. the fries are done. he simply moves on to the next batch. if an aggie can have that kind of restraint, shouldn't everybody?;)

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 01:39 PM
So, how many years has it taken for you to become this stupid?

It has taken me many years to become this stupid, and even I know that what happens in a stadium in Norman for 3 seconds after a play has very little to do with whatever I think about it.

It's a fad, all fad's are dumb. Don't you think when you were 25-30 when poodle skirts and sockhops were the fad, that a bunch of old dudes were sitting around the barber shop saying, "If I see one more pair of 3d glasses..."

Get over it.

setem
11/21/2006, 02:18 PM
Shoot the J!

SHOOT IT!!!!

Game....blouses

Scotty
11/21/2006, 02:49 PM
Mike Irvin did a piece with Strahan last night on MNF concerning this topic. Thought it was pretty funny though, how some of the younger guys were ragging on Strahan because they said he was just doing it to keep up with the times, etc.

KingDavid
11/21/2006, 11:15 PM
Bring back the throat slash rather than this gheyness.

daMentor
11/21/2006, 11:27 PM
The last guy I saw do that - actually missed
I saw that one, the guy had no skills. The one I saw before thought though the guy actually made it .. but it went off the backboard and he didn't call glass, so it didn't count.

I remember the dunk over the upright thing. That wasn't so bad.. but yeah what is with the jump shots? Who thought that one up.