PDA

View Full Version : Choice's Choice

44BluesExplosion
11/20/2006, 05:51 PM
You might remember Tashard Choice. He was a freshman along side AD and as might be expected, was a tad over shadowed... That said, Tashard quickly garnered a reputation with his teammates as being a special talent with a hard work ethic and all the intangibles - speed, power, endurance...

In practice, Tashard often looked like Adrian's equal. The two have similar builds and while Tashard was a step slower than AD, he had great hands and was an extremely hard north/south runner. One coach told me that Tashard would be an All American his senior year - there was no doubt in his mind.

And then of course, AD exploded and ran for a bazillion yards his freshman year. It became clear to Tashard that playing time wasn't coming anytime soon... prolly not until after AD's Junior year. He simply thought AD was too much of a freak to have any kind of injury problems and he really wanted to play somewhere where he would be the best back on the team.

Tashard Choice made a choice... He transfered to Georgia Tech.

His 2005 year was ironically enough, injury prone... BUT, he has had a great 2006 that featured a 170+ yard performance against North Carolina State and a number of games (7) over 100 yards. All of this behind what many consider a sub-standard offensive line.

I don't really know why I am bringing this up now... We are STACKED at RB (even more than we are showing), but while in Waco I thought of Tashard. What would he be now had he stayed?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:54 PM
A backup.

What do I win?

44BluesExplosion
11/20/2006, 05:58 PM
It's hard to say if he would have played in front of Allen Patrick (With Choice here, would Patrick even be playing RB?), but had Choice stayed at Oklahoma I do think Chris Brown would have kept his red shirt... In my opinion, I think Choice would be our starter right now. If you have watched him at all (either in an Oklahoma uni or a Georgia Tech uni) I think you will agree that that is not a stretch...

SOONERKAT
11/20/2006, 06:02 PM
I have watched a couple of GT games this year and there was not one game I watched where they didn't mention the fact that he came to GT from OU. They (ESPN) would normally follow that statement by showing a clip or tow of AD going nuts. He has been a nice compliment to their offense and I, for one, am glad to see him have some success. You cannot blame the guy for taking off. That said, I agree that he would probably still have been a backup and would have had to compete with AP for that role.

soonerndn
11/20/2006, 06:08 PM
At the time he left, it was stated that he was leaving for personal reasons (mother's health).

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 06:27 PM
i'm betting patrick would have never been moved from safety...

yermom
11/20/2006, 06:29 PM
i'm betting patrick would have never been moved from safety...

that would make for some interesting changes... would Wolfe have been moved to CB? where would Reggie be?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 06:44 PM
that would make for some interesting changes... would Wolfe have been moved to CB? where would Reggie be?

reggie would probably be the free, assuming patrick picked up the defense. he would have at least been intimidating as crap ;). wolfe wanted to be out of here in 3 years so he probably moves no matter what...

soonerinabilene
11/20/2006, 07:11 PM
see also: courtney tennial at tulsa

IronSooner
11/20/2006, 07:14 PM
I'm betting he would have been ahead of Patrick, but I'm glad he got to a place where he could start. Being closer to the family must be nice too. Nothing but the best to the kid.

AlbqSooner
11/20/2006, 09:25 PM
At the time he left, it was stated that he was leaving for personal reasons (mother's health).
Correct. I recall reading somewhere, but can't find it to give you a link, that because of his mother's health problems the NCAA granted him a waiver to transfer without losing a year of eligiblity. Whatever the facts are I am glad to see him having a great career as a Yellow Jacket.

Same goes for Courtney Tennial at Tulsa. He is playing very well and is a major factor in their success this season.

SouthFortySooner
11/20/2006, 10:19 PM
I had thought the same thing since Adrian's injury and the consequent backup play.

It was my distorted opinion Tashard should have made every carry Kejuan did. :eek:

buck
11/20/2006, 10:53 PM
remember the pic of all of our rb's that year? ad, choice, tennial, gute, etc? i think it was all of them anyway. i know it was about 5 or 6 of them. maybe the names are wrong but, could someone post that please?

AzianSooner
11/20/2006, 10:57 PM
How come OU can recruite great RB but QB?... or is it because Boma?

yermom
11/20/2006, 11:07 PM
How come OU can recruite great RB but QB?... or is it because Boma?

i think Bomar might go on the list of busts with Hunter Wall and Rawls ;)

just think where we'd be without guys like Hybl and Thompson to pick up the pieces

Texas Golfer
11/20/2006, 11:23 PM
The theories floating around on this thread brings another situation to mind. Had Grady stuck it out here, would he have been our starting QB and would ENA still have been one of our WRs.

picasso
11/20/2006, 11:45 PM
I've watched him play this year and he's solid but not spectacular. and there's no burst of speed, sorry. just a good football player.