PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone coaching search

ELP Sooner
11/20/2006, 05:39 PM
Found this on a local message board and thought I'd share it with you all....

Mike Price has interviewed with Iowa State for it's Head Coaching Position. Many have said he won't leave UTEP however it is confirmed that he did interview with Jamie Pollard the ISU AD on Sunday.

Iowa State has also interviewed in Dallas on Thursday and friday Jim Harbaugh of San Diego and Brewster from the Denver Bronco's. Gary Patterson from TCU interviewed yesterday as well. Kragthorpe from Tulsa interviewed this this morning. So far 6 Coaches have interviewed for the ISU Head position.

Coach Price and Kragthorpe have really picked up interest by ISU in the last 36 hours. Jim Harbaugh has been mentioned as a lock on the job all week. My source is my former Head Coach at ISU who is assisting in the search.

mrowl
11/20/2006, 05:41 PM
Price would be a good hire for them.

Flagstaffsooner
11/20/2006, 05:48 PM
Why would any of those guys go to Ames. The scenery?

ouflak
11/20/2006, 05:52 PM
Price would make a lot of those games annoyingly closer than they should be. His teams are pretty solid ATS. Wonder if he could really turn that program around though. I suspect it would be a stepping-stone job for him if he actually gets something going there although the spectre of Alabama ho still lingers.

The Maestro
11/20/2006, 05:56 PM
I've travelled for business to Ames. They have all nude juice bars there.

Mike Price would be a perfect fit.

yermom
11/20/2006, 06:13 PM
the North could get ugly with a good coach there, someone that wouldn't choke when they had a shot at winning the division...

how about Gary Barnett? :D

Mike Price would seem to make more sense than Kragthorpe or Patterson. i would think those two could get a better job

The Maestro
11/20/2006, 06:45 PM
Wow...that's pretty strange of him to mention that.

royalfan5
11/20/2006, 06:45 PM
NU's OC Jay Norvell an ex-ISU, ex-OU asst. who looks like Freddie Mercury and was a Hawkeye db has also interviewed.

toast
11/20/2006, 06:50 PM
NU's OC Jay Norvell an ex-ISU, ex-OU asst. who looks like Freddie Mercury and was a Hawkeye db has also interviewed.

I wonder if he actually puts OU assistant on his resume, considering he was on staff for a total of 1 day?

Harry Beanbag
11/20/2006, 06:55 PM
I wonder if he actually puts OU assistant on his resume, considering he was on staff for a total of 1 day?

Actually he does...

http://www.huskersnside.com//pdf7/40052.pdf?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100