PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Roll Knowledge possesors

royalfan5
11/20/2006, 05:34 PM
It is my duty to bring dinner rolls and Grandma to thanksgiving. Are frozen dinner rolls any better than heat and serve ones? I am leaning towards heat and serve right now, but do not want to sacrifice too much quality for certain family members.

sooner n houston
11/20/2006, 05:37 PM
Pillsbury crescent rolls. Case closed!

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 05:40 PM
no, those are not rolls. tasty, but not rolls.

go to the freezer section and find the orange bag of frozen dough-balls. I don't remember the brand, but those are the best. (It might be Rhodes or something like that) Very simple--put em in a pan, let em rise, stick em in the oven.

Viking Kitten
11/20/2006, 05:43 PM
You're gonna serve Grandma for Thanksgiving dinner? Dude. I wouldn't think Grandma would taste very good.

Mjcpr
11/20/2006, 05:43 PM
Loaf of bread and a jug of squirtable butter.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 05:44 PM
BOO :mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/20/2006, 05:44 PM
Go to Grandy's and buy 2-3 dozen rolls. YWIA.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 05:45 PM
no, those are not rolls. tasty, but not rolls.

go to the freezer section and find the orange bag of frozen dough-balls. I don't remember the brand, but those are the best. (It might be Rhodes or something like that) Very simple--put em in a pan, let em rise, stick em in the oven.
Well now, don't you be dissin' no Pillsbury crescent rolls. :P
But the frozen dough ball thing seems interesting, I wonder if it's just an Okie dealio, because I haven't seen anything like that here, even though I have looked a couple of places.

Viking Kitten
11/20/2006, 05:50 PM
BOO :mad:

Don't get all sassy, young lady. I'm just trying to figure out if we're talking about a Grandma casserole or if they just carve Grandma right up at the table or what. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.

Beef
11/20/2006, 05:52 PM
Don't get all sassy, young lady. I'm just trying to figure out if we're talking about a Grandma casserole or if they just carve Grandma right up at the table or what. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.
Grandma is not a good substitute for baby. Trust me.

royalfan5
11/20/2006, 05:52 PM
We're a casserole family.

Okla-homey
11/20/2006, 05:59 PM
If you can find these babies, you is in the shiz for dizzle rizzle drizzle.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2471/22222222222222222222222er3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Alabama:
Brunos, Food World, Winn Dixie, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Publix, IGA, Supervalue and Super Target

Arkansas:
Kroger, Independent Grocers and Wal-Mart Supercenters

Arizona:
Kroger

Colorado:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, King Sooper, Kroger and Super Target

Delaware:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Kroger

Florida:
Albertsons, Goodings, Publix, Winn Dixie, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Food Lion, JH Harvey and Super Target

Georgia:
Winn Dixie, Ingalls, Kroger, Publix, Harris Teeter, JH Harvey, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Super Target

Illinois:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Super Target

Indiana:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, EV Randy’s, Kroger, Super Target and Marsh Meijer

Iowa:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Hyvee and Super Target

Kansas:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Kroger and Super Target

Kentucky:
Kroger, Winn Dixie, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Laurel Grocery and Meijer

Louisiana:
Delchamps, Winn Dixie, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Supervalue, Louise Grocery and Super Target

Maryland:
Independent Grocers and Wal-Mart Supercenters

Michigan:
Meijers and Kroger

Minnesota:
Super Target

Mississippi:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Supervalue

Missouri:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Schnuck’s, Super Target and Dierbergs

Nebraska:

New Mexico:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Albertsons and Super Target

New York:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Wegman’s

North Carolina:
Ingalls, Winn Dixie, Harris Teeter, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Heavenly Hams, Food Lion and Super Target

Ohio:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Heavenly Hams, Heinens, Kroger, Supervalue, Meijer, Biggs, Andersons and Cub

Oklahoma:

Pennsylvania:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Food Lion, Acme Markets

South Carolina:
Bi Lo, Publix, Harris Teeter, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Food Lion and Piggly Wiggly

Texas:
Kroger, Randalls, Albertsons, Tom Thumb, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Supervalue, HEB, Brookshire, Brothers, United Supermarket and Super Target

Tennessee:
Kroger, Seesells, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, JH Harvey, Whites Discount and Super Target

Utah:
Wal-Mart Supercenters and Super Target

Virginia:
Harris Teeter, Kroger, Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters, Food Lion, Supervalue, Foods of all Nations and Super Target

West Virginia:
Independent Grocers, Wal-Mart Supercenters and Krogers

Wisconsin:

Viking Kitten
11/20/2006, 06:03 PM
Is it me, or does Sister Schubert look a little... itchy?

Okla-homey
11/20/2006, 06:05 PM
Is it me, or does Sister Schubert look a little... itchy?

I don't know about itchy, but you can't tell her danged rolls from homemade and they are OUTSTANDING!

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 06:06 PM
If you can find these babies, you is in the shiz for dizzle rizzle drizzle.
Is that a good thing?

Thanks

C&CDean
11/20/2006, 06:06 PM
I was gonna say, I ain't buying **** from a "Sister Schubert" with the word "yeast" in the name.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 06:08 PM
Don't get all sassy, young lady. I'm just trying to figure out if we're talking about a Grandma casserole or if they just carve Grandma right up at the table or what. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.oh the Boo wasn't for you, it was for Pat's suggestion of squeezy butter

Mjcpr
11/20/2006, 06:09 PM
oh the Boo wasn't for you, it was for Pat's suggestion of squeezy butter

There was such a thing when I was a youngin'......I don't know about now.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 06:13 PM
oh, I know there was such a thing, I'm just saying it's a bad suggestion :P

Beef
11/20/2006, 06:14 PM
Squeeze butter is greatness.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 06:20 PM

Undertaker: I THINK WE'VE GOT AN EATER!

Fred: I'll get the oven on!

Man: Um, er...excuse me, um, are you... are you suggesting we should eat my mother?

(pause)

Undertaker: Yeah. Not raw, not raw. We cook her. She'd be delicious with a few french fries, a bit of stuffing. Delicious! (smacks his lips)

Man: What! (he stammers)

(pause)

Man: Actually, I do feel a bit peckish - No! NO, I can't!

Undertaker: Look, we'll eat your mum. Then, if you feel a bit guilty about it afterwards, we can dig a grave and you can throw up into it.

Man: All right.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 06:26 PM
Squeeze butter is greatness.no, REAL butter is greatness. Anything else is just artificially-colored crap.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 06:27 PM
no, REAL butter is greatness. Anything else is just artificially-colored crap.

This is so true. Real butter RAWKS.