PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Rants on the OU home crowd

OklaUalum
11/20/2006, 05:08 PM
Alright folks. I've attended every single OU home game since the OU vs. SMU game in 1985, so I've got some background here.

Couple of things.

First of all, what in the heck is that arm waving crap that the students are doing over there? Who in the heck thought up this brilliant idea? Ever see the Pokey State crowd folks? The "waiving wheat" horse crap they do up there? Let's cease and dessist on this one! Leave that one to the idiots in Stillwater.

Second, I'm okay with doing the "wave". You know, where one guy stands up then the next, and the other sits down. That wave. But, folks, you should do that when the OTHER team is on offense - not Oklahoma! Sit on your hands while the boys in red are on the field with the football.

And lastly, just a patriotic rant here, but yelling home of the "brave" at the end of the national anthem is just classless, don'tchya think? Leave that one to the Atlanta Braves fans, or I guess the teams with the native american tie in's for mascots/assocation like Florida State.

thanks for your time.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 05:11 PM
on all three points

germans bomb Pearl Harbor

but I'm still looking for that special ringtone thingy

jhmh
11/20/2006, 05:13 PM
Who yells "brave"?

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 05:15 PM
And lastly, just a patriotic rant here, but yelling home of the "brave" at the end of the national anthem is just classless, don'tchya think? Leave that one to the Atlanta Braves fans, or I guess the teams with the native american tie in's for mascots/assocation like Florida State.

thanks for your time.
I think you mean yelling "home of the 'SOONERS'" instead of "home of the brave." I must agree that that is just plain wrong and cheap and insulting. Folks, the Star Spangled Banner waves over "the land of the free and the home of the brave." So if you are going to sing the SSB, either sing all of it right or STFU thru whole thing. Don't mumble your piddly-a$s way through the thing and add insult to injury at the last word.

<end rant>.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2006, 05:19 PM
water is wet.

The sooner thing at the end of SSB is cool IMO

OklaUalum
11/20/2006, 05:20 PM
you are correct, my typo, got too busy and didn't proof it. "Sooners"

mxATVracer10
11/20/2006, 05:23 PM

I 2nd that opinion :pop:

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/20/2006, 05:30 PM
I would prefer we stand and yell while the other team is on offense, and save the wave for the 4th quarter timeouts.

Im ok with the sooners at the end of the SSB, but preferably at home games only. Please do not do it at a Redhawks game or something silly like that.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 05:33 PM
I 2nd that opinion :pop:

OK, it's not the worst thing in the world (despite my rant), but why do we bother with the national anthem if it's just another opportunity to goof off?

I say again, you guys who do it are wrong.

kruss1971
11/20/2006, 05:37 PM
Listen here, folks...I've been alive every single day of my life, so I've got some background here.

What does it matter that you've been to every home game since 1985? I know people who have been to more home games and that fact doesn't make them any less of an idiot. To counter:

#1 - Who cares who came up with it? It seems to be sticking and I know several who kinda like that Ooooooo-U chant...if that's what you're talking about.

#2 - The wave persists long enough to be rolling during a very small portion of the beginning of a 4th quarter Sooner drive against Tech? Is that what you're talking about? Get a grip! We had the game pretty well in hand by that point.

#3 - It's the land of the free. The land of the Sooners. The land of the ______. No one is spitting on or burning a flag. No one is doing anything but celebrating the fact that they are living in a free land where they can go watch their Sooners play. If they sing or not, that's on them. I sing...and I say Sooners...and I love and respect all veterans, men, and women who have made this the land of the free...the Sooners...and we vile infidels who say Sooners at the end of the anthem.

plumbob
11/20/2006, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, I cringe when I see the OU crowd on a telecast, way too many beer-bellied, goateed, red-necked posers. When I'm on campus I rarely see OU fans like that.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately, I cringe when I see the OU crowd on a telecast, way too many beer-bellied, goateed, red-necked posers. When I'm on campus I rarely see OU fans like that.
thats because many of the students haven't been doing their part and filling the student section all the way this season.

just sayin

C&CDean
11/20/2006, 05:46 PM
If somebody starts another thread with this topic/s, I will personally hunt them down and gut shoot them like a dog.

TIA.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/20/2006, 05:48 PM

posers? the redneck, beer bellied, goateed fans are not the posers...

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:49 PM

Hey!

Unfortunately, this beer-bellied, goateed (well, not really), red necked poster disagrees with you. Too bad I'm not on campus, shiny, sexy, with big hooters and daddy's money so I can walk around campus and look good for you.

I think you're trying to oppress the beer-bellied, goateed, red necked poster.

Oppressor.

Hater.

RACIST.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2006, 05:51 PM
If somebody starts another thread with this topic/s, I will personally hunt them down and gut shoot them like a dog.

TIA.

Hey Farva, what's the national anthem? start it in a new thread....

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2006, 06:11 PM
I say again, you guys who do it are wrong.

I disagree, but I do agree with your right to disagree with us :D

tru2ou
11/20/2006, 06:13 PM
What about the sonic wave they tried to introduce in 1999? The one that starts at the bottom of the stadium and goes up!!!

Can we still do that one? Huh....can we...huh?

- TRU

StuIsTheMan
11/20/2006, 06:17 PM
Well as a Vet that has served in both gulf wars, I wouldn't care if the guy sitting next to me was wearing Crimson or burnt Orange...I'd knock him out If I heard that CRAP...Home of the Sooners...Just disrespect if you ask me...Like the Braves fans doing a similar thing...is nothing sacred in this country any more?...I saw someone write that "It's not like we are burning a flag"...pretty much if you ask me...If you all don't know the words down there then just hum or just put your hand over your heart and shut the hell up...either way show some flipping respect for the country that allows you to be such a fool. IMHO though it is probably mostly the students that do this mostly...because all of you that I met on 9/16 would never think of doing something like this...the Sooners are one of the most respected Teams in the nation with a very storied tradition...and this just show's that some of our fans do not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the MEN out on the field...So I suggest one of two things...
1. Serve your Country, then see how much that song means to you.
2. Go root for Tejas...they would get off on that crap...

USA...Love it or LEAVE IT!

"Autzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

sooner518
11/20/2006, 06:18 PM
What about the sonic wave they tried to introduce in 1999? The one that starts at the bottom of the stadium and goes up!!!

- TRU
bahahaha I was there. That totally did not work at all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2006, 06:18 PM

TIA.When shooting dogs, why would you want to aim for the gut?

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 06:19 PM
Listen here, folks...I've been alive every single day of my life, so I've got some background here.

What does it matter that you've been to every home game since 1985? I know people who have been to more home games and that fact doesn't make them any less of an idiot. To counter:

#1 - Who cares who came up with it? It seems to be sticking and I know several who kinda like that Ooooooo-U chant...if that's what you're talking about.

#2 - The wave persists long enough to be rolling during a very small portion of the beginning of a 4th quarter Sooner drive against Tech? Is that what you're talking about? Get a grip! We had the game pretty well in hand by that point.

#3 - It's the land of the free. The land of the Sooners. The land of the ______. No one is spitting on or burning a flag. No one is doing anything but celebrating the fact that they are living in a free land where they can go watch their Sooners play. If they sing or not, that's on them. I sing...and I say Sooners...and I love and respect all veterans, men, and women who have made this the land of the free...the Sooners...and we vile infidels who say Sooners at the end of the anthem.

#1- that's not what he's talking about, moran.
#2 - just a good rule
#3 Learn the song. It's "Land of the free and the home of the brave"

Moran

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2006, 06:20 PM

TIA.Do dogs always gut-shoot their targets?

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 06:30 PM
Well as a Vet that has served in both gulf wars, I wouldn't care if the guy sitting next to me was wearing Crimson or burnt Orange...I'd knock him out If I heard that CRAP...Home of the Sooners...Just disrespect if you ask me...Like the Braves fans doing a similar thing...is nothing sacred in this country any more?...I saw someone write that "It's not like we are burning a flag"...pretty much if you ask me...If you all don't know the words down there then just hum or just put your hand over your heart and shut the hell up...either way show some flipping respect for the country that allows you to be such a fool. IMHO though it is probably mostly the students that do this mostly...because all of you that I met on 9/16 would never think of doing something like this...the Sooners are one of the most respected Teams in the nation with a very storied tradition...and this just show's that some of our fans do not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the MEN out on the field...So I suggest one of two things...

"Autzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

I'm sorry man and neg me if you want, but this is SO TIRED. "I'm a veteran and my opinion means more than yours." Aren't you fighting to protect the freedom that we have? Get off it. You are probably 800 threads too late with that argument... If you havent noticed this thread pops up like every 3 weeks and both sides have their valid points.

I know many veterans (although I am not one) that sit right next to me and yell Sooners. And although I am not a vet I am thankful everyday for all of you protecting me. I know every word to the SSB and I put my hand on my heart and sing everytime. And I will continue to yell Sooners every time.

Your internet tough guy act is TIRED too. come knock me out. That comment is just not necessary.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 06:34 PM
water is wet.

I simply disagree and you NEG me? That's too f*cking lame; have some back. :rolleyes:

StuIsTheMan
11/20/2006, 06:37 PM
"come knock me out."

OK which trailer do you live in?

Obviously your just a guy that would sit back and enjoy the freedoms others provide...And basically you are taking a crap on all those BRAVE men and women that have served and died so that you can be such afool...move to Tejas fool...or maybe Oregon...they are a bunch of dope smokin, tree huggin hippies up here that love nothing else but crap on there Great Country.

and what internet tough guy act...

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2006, 06:38 PM
I simply disagree and you NEG me? That's too f*cking lame; have some back. :rolleyes:

I only neg'd you b/c you neg'd me first. I assumed it was you b/c it said "you are wrong" which is exactly what your post said. If it was not you that neg'd me, I'm sorry.

Sooner_Bob
11/20/2006, 06:49 PM
I blame Boise State.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 06:49 PM
I only neg'd you b/c you neg'd me first. I assumed it was you b/c it said "you are wrong" which is exactly what your post said. If it was not you that neg'd me, I'm sorry.

No, it wasn't me. Can we kiss and make up? Ewwwwwww, grosssss !!!! :eek:

BOOMER SOONER.
TU

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 06:53 PM
If you are gonna neg me have the balls to sign it... what am I gonna do? its the internet.

schmoe...shut up and serve...spoken like a true Tejas fan

How the fact that I decided not to be in the military makes me a schmoe or a Tejas fan I'll never know...

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 06:57 PM
"come knock me out."

OK which trailer do you live in?

"Your internet tough guy act is TIRED too. come knock me out. That comment is just not necessary."

and what internet tough guy act...

Dude what I am saying is honestly if you think that you need a serious reality check. You are talking all big an bad on the internet, that is the "Internet tough guy." And I dont live in a trailer, I live in an apartment, have a graduate degree, and am in no way some type of degenerate sooner fan. IF you disagree that is fine, but to threaten people on the internet makes you sound like like less than the man you are.

StuIsTheMan
11/20/2006, 07:03 PM
when did I threaten?...You said come knock me out...You made yourself look like a fool and now you are trying to change the subject...If you are one that is doing this then you are a "degenerate sooner fan"...must be doing well with that graduate degree, if your still in apartment...Less of a man...from a guy that has no clue on what it takes to step up to the plate...

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 07:03 PM
Obviously your just a guy that would sit back and enjoy the freedoms others provide...And basically you are taking a crap on all those BRAVE men and women that have served and died so that you can be such afool...move to Tejas fool...or maybe Oregon...they are a bunch of dope smokin, tree huggin hippies up here that love nothing else but crap on there Great Country.

If you think that it is obvious that you dont know me nor do you know the respect that I have for the United States. If you think that I am taking a crap on you or anyone that has served that is not my intention as has been made clear in the previous message although you choose not to read or not to understand it. It is obvious that you can not have an argument without it resorting to mindless name calling or violence. And how my comments make me a hippie, a Texas fan or anything else is ridiculous. So whatever... just quit bringing your "since I am a veteran and I fight for your freedom I get to oppress it" smack outta here.

OU_PhD
11/20/2006, 07:04 PM
I'm a veteran (and was in the Honor Guard) and the "Sooners" at the end of the SSB is awesome to me. I also sit in the student section where the alleged "waving wheat" takes place. It is certainly not "waving wheat" and its only done once or twice a game. Its to the drum beat of some Zeppelin song (I can't remember the title) and the band/student section sings "oOOOOOoOo... UUuUuUU..." Its not really that cool but its not the same thing as what the cowpies do. (Consequently, didn't OSU steal the waving wheat thing from Tech?)

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 07:05 PM
when did I threaten?...You said come knock me out...You made yourself look like a fool and now you are trying to change the subject...If you are one that is doing this then you are a "degenerate sooner fan"

I wouldn't care if the guy sitting next to me was wearing Crimson or burnt Orange...I'd knock him out If I heard that CRAP...

There is your threatening right there... And I am not trying to change the subject. You threatened everyone here who says Sooners at the end of the SSB.

"...must be doing well with that graduate degree, if your still in apartment...Less of a man...from a guy that has no clue on what it takes to step up to the plate...

Ever hear of needing more than one graduate degree? I have an M.S. and I am attending OU for my PhD right now. And because I dont serve means that I am less of a man... got it.

StuIsTheMan
11/20/2006, 07:08 PM
"since I am a veteran and I fight for your freedom I get to oppress it" smack outta here.

Never said that so would you quit putting words in my mouth please...and all my statemnets ring true to anyone disrespecting the National Anthem...Sing the right words or JUST SHUT UP!...

OU_PhD
11/20/2006, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry man and neg me if you want, but this is SO TIRED. "I'm a veteran and my opinion means more than yours." Aren't you fighting to protect the freedom that we have? Get off it. You are probably 800 threads too late with that argument... If you havent noticed this thread pops up like every 3 weeks and both sides have their valid points.

I know many veterans (although I am not one) that sit right next to me and yell Sooners. And although I am not a vet I am thankful everyday for all of you protecting me. I know every word to the SSB and I put my hand on my heart and sing everytime. And I will continue to yell Sooners every time.

Your internet tough guy act is TIRED too. come knock me out. That comment is just not necessary.

I'm a 7 year veteran and I served overseas for 6 of it. I was deployed for Desert Fox, Northern and Southern Watch, and Enduring Freedom and I yell "SOOOOONERS" at the end of the anthem as loud as I possibly can.

StuIsTheMan
11/20/2006, 07:09 PM
There is your threatening right there...

Not a threat...Promise man...Promise

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 07:10 PM
I'm a 7 year veteran and I served overseas for 6 of it. I was deployed for Desert Fox, Northern and Southern Watch, and Enduring Freedom and I yell "SOOOOONERS" at the end of the anthem as loud as I possibly can.

Thanks for the support.

OU_PhD
11/20/2006, 07:12 PM

Knock a guy out for yelling "SOONERS" at the end of the anthem? Are you a fascist? You threaten assault for this? PATHETIC.

I'm a veteran and I actually yell it too at the games--along with a ton of other vets in the stands. If you equate it to burning the flag or any other such "disgrace" then you are either very petty or mentally ill. Veterans and those that currently serve do so to PROTECT AMERICANS right to express themselves--whether YOU agree with it or not.

OU_PhD
11/20/2006, 07:14 PM
Never said that so would you quit putting words in my mouth please...and all my statemnets ring true to anyone disrespecting the National Anthem...Sing the right words or JUST SHUT UP!...

Hey you need to go see the new Borat movie. There is a great anthem scene you would LOVE in it.:texan:

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 07:16 PM

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it just dont try to force it on everyone else because you are a veteran so that means what you say is more important, which may not be what you are saying, but it is what you are typing.

I believe that the "Home of the Brave" stands for the home of Americans, who were brave when they fought tyranny and still are brave to this day. Sooners are americans, many of who have been very brave when they first chose to set down roots here (whether forcefully or otherwise). Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

The Preach Man
11/20/2006, 07:17 PM

Well, as a vet you should realize that you fought for MY FREEDOM also. I appreciate and respect you for doing what you did but you will be biting off more than you can chew if you try to knock me out for singing the SSB the way I choose to. To be truthful, I didnt like it the first time I heard it but it has kinda grown on me. I still havnt sang the song like that yet but I might chose to some day.

Bottom line. If your a vet and you think I have no right to sing that song because you have more 'rights' when it comes to that stuff you dont even understand what you were fighting for in the first place. The day I cannot sing what I want is the day that our country is going to fall.

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 07:17 PM
Hey you need to go see the new Borat movie. There is a great anthem scene you would LOVE in it.:texan:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Borat is definitely a "Tejas" fan. :mack:

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 10:15 AM
Well, as a vet you should realize that you fought for MY FREEDOM also. I appreciate and respect you for doing what you did but you will be biting off more than you can chew if you try to knock me out for singing the SSB the way I choose to. To be truthful, I didnt like it the first time I heard it but it has kinda grown on me. I still havnt sang the song like that yet but I might chose to some day.

Bottom line. If your a vet and you think I have no right to sing that song because you have more 'rights' when it comes to that stuff you dont even understand what you were fighting for in the first place. The day I cannot sing what I want is the day that our country is going to fall.

I never said I had more rights than anybody! I just plainly said that the country you all hold so dear(and I know Sooner Fans Do) does not deserve to be disrespected just because you have the right to do so..It's called pride...And I know you all know what that is...The Sooners and their fans are a very proud bunch as a whole...and always will be...I tear up every time I here the Anthem, live or on TV...Maybe it's because of my past or maybe I just love this country with all my being and can't stand it when people disrespect it...all be it that you have the right to do so...maybe the "Knock out" quote was too much...I'll admit that...but for you all to justify this as "It's not like were Burning a Flag", and "we have the right to do so"...is pretty pathetic excuse for blatantly crapping on your country by disrespecting the National Anthem. I also agree that my views maybe Jaded because of my service and what I have seen and done.
Maybe we can agree to disagree...Also a right others have given you...And I'll just turn down the volume and sing to myself...
I am sorry I went off the handle originally...
Frag you did not deserve the Neg...Just stating your opinion like I was..Sorry I will try and put it back later...you were just stating your views...also your right...maybe next time you might Say "Home of the Sooners" but just think a little more before and after about what that song means to all of us Vet's and others that have served...I guess it means a little bit more to me then you...Again your right...

footballfanatic
11/21/2006, 10:27 AM
Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it just dont try to force it on everyone else because you are a veteran so that means what you say is more important, which may not be what you are saying, but it is what you are typing.

I believe that the "Home of the Brave" stands for the home of Americans, who were brave when they fought tyranny and still are brave to this day. Sooners are americans, many of who have been very brave when they first chose to set down roots here (whether forcefully or otherwise). Thats my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I've been thinking about these posts for the last day, and thinking about how to best respond to communicate my utter contempt for you people who are defending changing the Star Spangled Banner. Where do I begin?

You are everything that is wrong with our country today. Your mindset is, "Hey, if it's fun and it make me feel good, what's wrong with it?" Why does everything have to be "fun" in our society? Nothing is taken seriously, because so few of the people have ever sacrificed ANYTHING. Because so few people have understood hunger, loss of country, (speak to refugees from the Congo--they may not share your need for "fun."), loss of loved ones to war, a true depression, you have no comprehension of what needs to be treated seriously. You don't know or care about the truly incredible sacrifices that were made by our VOLUNTEER soldiers in our own war of independence. You support the troops with a few internet posts, or at best, a bumper sticker. You don't understand the sacrifices made at the Alamo, or at Iwo Jima, or by the Marines in the cold of Korea. That's not fun. You don't pay attention to issues in our country--you prefer the "fun" news on Entertainment Tonight. You don't care what it feels like to be a woman waiting for her man to come home alive from Iraq--she doesn't care about your fun.

The National Anthem is how we honor these sacrifices. That is why it is played at every sporting event. It isn't played for fun, and it's not supposed to make you feel happy. It's to make you remember, and hopefully, to make you feel like a grateful citizen who would make a sacrifice, if asked. Every time you change the lyrics, you dishonor these sacrifices, case closed. Even worse, you display your total lack of appreciation for these sacrifices. The people who lived through the depression and fought in the war would not have dreamed of doing such a thing--they would have been horrified at the idea. But then, they wren't grown children who felt the need to fill every moment of every day with fun.

No wonder this country is in so much trouble.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 10:30 AM
AGREED!

TUSooner
11/21/2006, 10:34 AM
Oh yeah, become a sponsor - for just pennies a day - and you can see who's negging you! ;)

mobilesteve
11/21/2006, 10:34 AM

- TRU

The name was the Oklahoma Shockwave and if you were in the upper deck like myself you had no idea when to stand. Worst idea since the Horsepigs!
PS: It was '96 or '97, they tried to distract us from Boo Blake's coaching.

picasso
11/21/2006, 10:55 AM
my lord get over it people. the song is not being changed, just the last and final word!!! It's not like we're all reading from Enrico Pallazo's songbook here.:rolleyes:
I never say "Sooners!" at the end of the song myself but I also don't get my man panties in a wad over it.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 11:06 AM
my lord get over it people. the song is not being changed, just the last and final word!!! It's not like we're all reading from Enrico Pallazo's songbook here.:rolleyes:
I never say "Sooners!" at the end of the song myself but I also don't get my man panties in a wad over it.

yOU wear man panties...hmmm....State fan?

picasso
11/21/2006, 11:08 AM
yeah and I look good in them.:D

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 11:22 AM
Don't believe everything your boyfriend (Marv Albert) tells you...

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:40 AM
Yep. I shoulda closed this POS yesterday.

It's all about intent. The times I've yelled "Sooners!" at the end of the anthem is/was never intended to insult anybody. If you got insulted, well then B-O-O H-O-O.

Like I said in one of the other brazillion threads about this topic, people who talk, scratch their nuts, eat their popcorn, and do not respectfully remove their headgear and face the flag during the anthem chap my *** infinitely more than somebody changing one word of the song - especially when that change is accurate, true, and non-offensive.

And I'm a vet. And I'm a taxpayer. And if you don't like me yelling "Sooners!" you may kiss my American ***.

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You gut shoot a dog when you really want him to suffer and die a slow, painful death.

Beef
11/21/2006, 11:50 AM
You are everything that is wrong with our country today.
I would think that baby rapers would be everything that's wrong with our country, but I'm just another retard on the internet, so what do I know.

stoopified
11/21/2006, 11:56 AM
Hey!

Unfortunately, this beer-bellied, goateed (well, not really), red necked poster disagrees with you. Too bad I'm not on campus, shiny, sexy, with big hooters and daddy's money so I can walk around campus and look good for you.

I think you're trying to oppress the beer-bellied, goateed, red necked poster.

Oppressor.

Hater.

RACIST.Here,here.I do agree desacrating the Star-Spanhled Banner however, is wrong.I stand,hand on heart and sing it properly(to the best of my tone-deaf ability).

sooner n houston
11/21/2006, 12:04 PM
Not a vet, but I find it very distasteful. I would hope that those of you who do change the last word would reflect on what it means to others. You now know how it offends some folks so why is it still worth doing?

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 12:27 PM
Not a vet, but I find it very distasteful. I would hope that those of you who do change the last word would reflect on what it means to others. You now know how it offends some folks so why is it still worth doing?

Mainly because some of us gain great pleasure from watching the rest of you get offended by something like this?

If the word "brave" means so much to you, then you've got lots bigger issues to deal with than the singing of the SSB at Memorial Stadium.

oKOIhoma fan
11/21/2006, 01:06 PM
Lets look at this from another perspective. Many veterans treat the SSB as their "Fight Song". It is something that when they hear it gives them a sense of pride. How would we as Sooners like for aggie light to change the words of our fight song? We would find it disgraceful. I for one (I am a veteran and a sooner) do not like to hear the SSB getting butchered any more than I like hearing Boomer Sooner getting trashed. It is unacceptable. There are certain things you leave alone. I personaly feel the SSB is one of them.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 01:11 PM
Lets look at this from another perspective. Many veterans treat the SSB as their "Fight Song". It is something that when they hear it gives them a sense of pride. How would we as Sooners like for aggie light to change the words of our fight song? We would find it disgraceful. I for one (I am a veteran and a sooner) do not like to hear the SSB getting butchered any more than I like hearing Boomer Sooner getting trashed. It is unacceptable. There are certain things you leave alone. I personaly feel the SSB is one of them.

again AGREED!

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 01:58 PM
Yep. I shoulda closed this POS yesterday.

It's all about intent. The times I've yelled "Sooners!" at the end of the anthem is/was never intended to insult anybody. If you got insulted, well then B-O-O H-O-O.

Like I said in one of the other brazillion threads about this topic, people who talk, scratch their nuts, eat their popcorn, and do not respectfully remove their headgear and face the flag during the anthem chap my *** infinitely more than somebody changing one word of the song - especially when that change is accurate, true, and non-offensive.

And I'm a vet. And I'm a taxpayer. And if you don't like me yelling "Sooners!" you may kiss my American ***.

maybe yOU and picasso should get together...he wears man panties and probably love a chance to kiss yOUr Arse...And yell SOONERS LOUD AND PROUD MAN...Just not during the Anthem...and I agree I put those people that scratch their nuts and not take off their hats during the Anthem right up there with you all that disgrace the song with yOUr ending.

****Yellow

TheLadiesMike
11/21/2006, 03:43 PM
I've been thinking about these posts for the last day, and thinking about how to best respond to communicate my utter contempt for you people who are defending changing the Star Spangled Banner. Where do I begin?

You are everything that is wrong with our country today. Your mindset is, "Hey, if it's fun and it make me feel good, what's wrong with it?" Why does everything have to be "fun" in our society? Nothing is taken seriously, because so few of the people have ever sacrificed ANYTHING. Because so few people have understood hunger, loss of country, (speak to refugees from the Congo--they may not share your need for "fun."), loss of loved ones to war, a true depression, you have no comprehension of what needs to be treated seriously. You don't know or care about the truly incredible sacrifices that were made by our VOLUNTEER soldiers in our own war of independence. You support the troops with a few internet posts, or at best, a bumper sticker. You don't understand the sacrifices made at the Alamo, or at Iwo Jima, or by the Marines in the cold of Korea. That's not fun. You don't pay attention to issues in our country--you prefer the "fun" news on Entertainment Tonight. You don't care what it feels like to be a woman waiting for her man to come home alive from Iraq--she doesn't care about your fun.

The National Anthem is how we honor these sacrifices. That is why it is played at every sporting event. It isn't played for fun, and it's not supposed to make you feel happy. It's to make you remember, and hopefully, to make you feel like a grateful citizen who would make a sacrifice, if asked. Every time you change the lyrics, you dishonor these sacrifices, case closed. Even worse, you display your total lack of appreciation for these sacrifices. The people who lived through the depression and fought in the war would not have dreamed of doing such a thing--they would have been horrified at the idea. But then, they wren't grown children who felt the need to fill every moment of every day with fun.

No wonder this country is in so much trouble.

Wow, who'd have thought the greatest country ever would be destroyed by a few thousand people yelling "Sooners" 6 times a year.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 03:49 PM
If people like these with the mindset that it's all in fun ever take over it would...just show some respect is all...it may be fun...but it's classless and disrespectful...

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 03:59 PM
If people like these with the mindset that it's all in fun ever take over it would...just show some respect is all...it may be fun...but it's classless and disrespectful...

I find your lack of respect for the rights of the people around you disturbing. I don't know you but I can already tell that you worry way to much about what other people do.

You probably hate liberals who get offended when people have indian mascots, or cut down tree's, meanwhile your worried about 1 word at the end of a song and when we do the wave. Both are pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 04:00 PM
Well....I can't stand how those pukes in Austin messed up the "Ive Been Workin' on The RailRoad" song. :mad:

OUstud
11/21/2006, 04:02 PM
The only things I worry about at Owen Field are a. crowd noise, and b. less ads. I yell "Sooners!" because, again, America is the home of the Sooners (as well as Aggies, Tigers, Bulldogs, etc.).

bearcat_sooner
11/21/2006, 04:08 PM
Dean!!....make it stop!!....for the love of butter make it stop!!

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 04:52 PM
I find your lack of respect for the rights of the people around you disturbing. I don't know you but I can already tell that you worry way to much about what other people do.

You probably hate liberals who get offended when people have indian mascots, or cut down tree's, meanwhile your worried about 1 word at the end of a song and when we do the wave. Both are pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things.

I never said anything about the wave...And one word of "a song"...is that all it is to you?...man you really need to move up here to Portland...you'd fit right in with all these hippies protesting a protest thats protesting....

I am glad we have the freedoms we do...in most countries we couldn't even have this conversation...America Rocks!...not just the Sooner Fans at Owen Field...It's a respect issue Nothing more...I have it for the great country I live in and have served for... and obviously those of you that do this don't...IMHO

I am all for freedom of speach..Our greatest right as far as I am concerned...But like I said before, this ranks right up there with flag burning to me...

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 04:56 PM
I never said anything about the wave...And one word of "a song"...is that all it is to you?...man you really need to move up here to Portland...you'd fit right in with all these hippies protesting a protest thats protesting....

I am glad we have the freedoms we do...in most countries we couldn't even have this conversation...America Rocks!...not just the Sooner Fans at Owen Field...It's a respect issue Nothing more...I have it for the great country I live in and have served for... and obviously those of you that do this don't...IMHO

I am all for freedom of speach..Our greatest right as far as I am concerned...But like I said before, this ranks right up there with flag burning to me...

So have you ever even been to an OU game where this happened?

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 04:59 PM
I have been a few times in years past...but no, I have not heard it personaly...luckily they don't play it on TV so the whole country can't see what a fool you all are being...

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:00 PM
I have been a few times in years past...but no, I have not heard it personaly...luckily they don't play it on TV so the whole country can't see what a fool you all are being...

Wow if you have never heard it in person, you really need to STFU.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 05:07 PM
why? It's like you screwing your flock of sheep...I have never scene it...But I think it is wrong...

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:09 PM
I think that you have to attend games to be able to tell people who attend games what they can do when they attend games.

Plus, how can you make an informed decision when you haven't heard it in person.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 05:13 PM
Have you scene the poverty and famine in Africa first hand(I know Apples and Oranges)...So what you are telling me is out of sight out of mind...If I haven't heard it in person I can't have an opinion...who is trying to repress who here...

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:15 PM
Have you scene the poverty and famin in Africa first hand(I know Apples and Oranges)...So what you are telling me is out of sight out of mind...If I haven't heard it in person I can't have an oppinion...who is trying to repress who here...

Buy one ticket, then tell me what I should do while you are there. I will probably listen (just like I listen when someone asks me to sit down on first down defense plays.) But, all in all, you are right this doesn't really have anything to do with you.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 05:18 PM
Buy one ticket, then tell me what I should do while you are there. I will probably listen (just like I listen when someone asks me to sit down on first down defense plays.) But, all in all, you are right this doesn't really have anything to do with you.

WTF are you saying...I have bought tickets...And cheered my arse off...And yes I have never heard this in Person!

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:19 PM
I'm saying until you are offended in person, your opinion means nothing to me.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 05:26 PM
I'm saying until you are offended in person, your opinion means nothing to me.

Spoken like a true idiot...So you do not have any opinion on foreign affairs because you have not scene it in person...Probably should cancel all our news paper subscriptions...Waist of time reading about world atrocities when we can't go and see it for ourself and form our own opinion...Sorry about the name calling but Damn…Get a clue…Have some Pride…Or just shut up and leave…

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:39 PM
Spoken like a true idiot...So you do not have any opinion on foreign affairs because you have not scene it in person...Probably should cancel all our news paper subscriptions...Waist of time reading about world atrocities when we can't go and see it for ourself and form our own opinion...Sorry about the name calling but Damn…Get a clue…Have some Pride…Or just shut up and leave…

You're still 2000 miles away from having a valid opinion.

MichelleDawn
11/21/2006, 05:53 PM
James Gardner, an associate director of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, said Americans have long enjoyed different interpretations of "The Star-Spangled Banner," including country or gospel arrangements.

"There are a number of renditions that people aren't happy with, but that's part of it — that it means enough for people to try to sing," he said.

link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/entertainment/main1555938_page2.shtml)

The Bill of Rights ..ehh.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 05:56 PM
link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/entertainment/main1555938_page2.shtml)

The Bill of Rights ..ehh.

pwned hardcore!

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 06:05 PM
If you notice it is key changes and what not...Not changing the words...My opinion, like yours still counts...I just think you all need some pride in your country...not just enjoying the the right to crap all over it...

http://www.bcpl.net/~etowner/anthem.html
http://www.150.si.edu/chap3/flag.htm

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 06:16 PM
If you notice it is key changes and what not...Not changing the words...My opinion, like yours still counts...I just think you all need some pride in your country...not just enjoying the the right to crap all over it...

I can't hear you from 2000 miles away, you are going to have to come closer.

sanantoniosooner
11/21/2006, 06:19 PM
Since I'm 500 miles away and my opinion doesn't count I wont mention that I don't care for the word change myself.

MichelleDawn
11/21/2006, 06:20 PM

lol You believe I have the right to an opinion as long as you can assume I have no pride in my country..and over a song that owes it's roots to an old english drinking song?

Anacreon in Heaven, the tune to SSB, was published in London in 1778.

The song, through its bawdy and imbibing lyrics, gained popularity in London and elsewhere beyond the Anacreontic Society, and new lyrics were also fashioned for it, including, in the United States, under such patriotic titles as "Adams and Liberty" and "Jefferson and Liberty."

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Anacreon_in_Heaven)

The Preach Man
11/21/2006, 06:23 PM
I feel that you should move to a communist country if you feel that I shouldnt be able to sing the SSB how I want. It is MY fight song also and I might want to say SOONERS at the end of it.

I have never said sooners at the end of the SSB before because it just didnt set right with me. However, I take no offense to it if others say it because I know they are not being disrespectful to anyone when they do it. Do others take offense to it? yes. Should they? no.

remember, "this land is YOUR land, this land is MY land." That means that it is the land of the (Help us God) Longhorns and the land of the Sooners.

kruss1971
11/21/2006, 06:28 PM
And the home...of the...SOONERS!!!!!

Again...no flag burning going on...just good, clean fun. To the gent that said this mentality is everything that is wrong with this country: you are a terrible analyst. The old army guys that I sit by absolutely LOVE yelling Sooners! Are they less patriotic? Just plain stupid? Red-neck? Noooo!

It's a stinking difference of opinion. People not wanting to be offended by anything is one of the things wrong with this country. The guy that yelled "OU, OU, OU" during a moment of silence...now THAT was disrespectful. But, my friend, that is a FAR cry from patriotically singing the whole anthem and then adding the cherry on top by yelling Sooners.

Some of you with such an out-of-whack offense to the anthem issue really need to get some perspective.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 06:28 PM
I honestly don't say it either, but I really don't care for people who tell other people what they can and can not say in any circumstance. Especially people who get offended by something they have never witnessed or experienced 2000 miles away.

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 06:29 PM
I feel that you should move to a communist country if you feel that I shouldnt be able to sing the SSB how I want. It is MY fight song also and I might want to say SOONERS at the end of it.

I have never said sooners at the end of the SSB before because it just didnt set right with me. However, I take no offense to it if others say it because I know they are not being disrespectful to anyone when they do it. Do others take offense to it? yes. Should they? no.

remember, "this land is YOUR land, this land is MY land." That means that it is the land of the (Help us God) Longhorns and the land of the Sooners.

I never said you should not be able to...EVER...I wish you all would stop trying to read between the lines and put words in my mouth...I have simply said I believe that those who do this are not showing the proper respect to those that have given so much so that they can be disrespectful...I honestly doubt that anyone from the BabyBoomer era would find any humor in this at all...They know of ultimate sacrifice...and you all don't seem to have a clue...And I am not talking about letting your ol' lady take the last piece of chicken out of the bucket...

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 06:32 PM
I honestly don't say it either, but I really don't care for people who tell other people what they can and can not say in any circumstance. Especially people who get offended by something they have never witnessed or experienced 2000 miles away.

WOW I got alot of power don't I...I never Ever said that it could not be done...I take that back I do think yOU are an idiot...are yOU sure yOUr not a state fan...Putting words into people's mouths only justifies my opinion...Thank yOU

MichelleDawn
11/21/2006, 06:33 PM
on March 3, President Herbert C. Hoover signed the Act establishing Key's poem and Smith's music as the official anthem of the United States.

The new law, however, did not specify an official text or musical arrangement, but left room for creative arrangements and interpretations of "The Star Spangled Banner." The standard instrumental version was unofficially established as the arrangement used by the U.S. service bands. However, other versions include: Igor Stravinsky's 1941 version for orchestra and male chorus, Duke Ellington's 1948 Cornell University arrangement, Jimi Hendrix's 1969 electric guitar version, José Feliciano's 1968 rendition, and the 1991 version by the St. Louis Symphony under Leonard Slatkin.

link to the Library of Congress (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cocoon/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200000017/default.html)

Ehh...that pesky Bill of Rights again

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 06:38 PM
...we have already covered this...we all know the bill of rights sweety...now please be quiet and leave the arguing to the men before you hurt yourself.

sanantoniosooner
11/21/2006, 06:43 PM
Some of you with such an out-of-whack offense to the anthem issue really need to get some perspective.
It's always funny to me when the people who aren't offended try to define what should be offensive to others.

Go on.......you were talking about telling others how to be

BTW........this is a stupid discussion. Not because the topic isn't worthy of discussing, but because nothing will change.

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 06:53 PM
StuIsThe***, do you know the entire song? Didn't think so. it must not mean much to you.

Yes, you have an opinion. Yes, it is valid. Yes, you are acting like a 5 year old whom just got his favorite toy taken away from him. Grow up, act like a man and STFU. We heard you the first 20 times.

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 07:01 PM
...we have already covered this...we all know the bill of rights sweety...now please be quiet and leave the arguing to the men before you hurt yourself.

Wow, so your opinion should matter, but because you think the person typing on the other side of the computer is female, she shouldn't have an opinion?

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 07:12 PM
Wow, so your opinion should matter, but because you think the person typing on the other side of the computer is female, she shouldn't have an opinion?

Wow to bad miss quoting people and putting words in people mouths isn't a full time job...Never said her opinion didn't matter...and yes just like buttholes everyone has one...

StuIsTheMan
11/21/2006, 07:15 PM
StuIsThe***, do you know the entire song? Didn't think so. it must not mean much to you.

Yes, you have an opinion. Yes, it is valid. Yes, you are acting like a 5 year old whom just got his favorite toy taken away from him. Grow up, act like a man and STFU. We heard you the first 20 times.

Wow I hope you aread what you post...you are really just proving my point for me...All who say Home of the Sooners at the end of the National Anthem are non patriotic idiots...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!! I do have the right to state my opinions right...didn't someone say on here that we have a freedom of speach...Therefore i am using it
non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots

there..now i sound like a 5yo...can you understand me now?...probably not...now that I am down to your level...

Beano's Fourth Chin
11/21/2006, 07:17 PM
Wow I hope you aread what you post...you are really just proving my point for me...All who say Home of the Sooners at the end of the National Anthem are non patriotic idiots...IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!! I do have the right to state my opinions right...didn't someone say on here that we have a freedom of speach...Therefore i am using it
non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots,non patriotic idiots

there..now i sound like a 5yo...can you understand me now?...probably not...now that I am down to your level...

You're about 2 seconds away from becoming a non posting idiot.

Why? Because I don't like you. Just my opinion.

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 07:34 PM
heh!

First we (as a nation) steal the melody of an english drinking song, and make it our national anthem.

then later, the Sooner Nation steals the melody of the Yale fight song for Boomer Sooner!

(just don't tell Okie Lite about this, cause this will really confuse them)

Stoop Dawg
11/21/2006, 07:36 PM
now please be quiet and leave the arguing to the men before you embarrass me even more.

fixed

TheUnnamedSooner
11/21/2006, 08:06 PM
You're about 2 seconds away from becoming a non posting idiot.

Why? Because I don't like you. Just my opinion.

Is the 2 seconds up yet?

BoomerSooner247
11/21/2006, 09:26 PM
all im saying is... is this horse dead yet? just freaking leave it alone!!! ppl will do what they want as long as this country is still USA, nothing you say or complain about it will make anyone change their ways, just leave it alone and keep you bitching to yourselves. so is this horse dead yet or is it The Return of the Living Dead Horse: Part 43189?

sanantoniosooner
11/21/2006, 09:28 PM
all im saying is... is this horse dead yet? just freaking leave it alone!!! ppl will do what they want as long as this country is still USA, nothing you say or complain about it will make anyone change their ways, just leave it alone and keep you bitching to yourselves. so is this horse dead yet or is it The Return of the Living Dead Horse: Part 43189?
after being dead for over an hour you bumped it genius.

You can't gripe about a dead horse being beat if you keep passing out bats to bystanders.

BoomerSooner247
11/21/2006, 09:32 PM
You can't gripe about a dead horse being beat if you keep passing out bats to bystanders.but i want the money, 5 bucks a pop :D i was really only paying attention to the date not really the time, oh well :pop:

StuIsTheMan
11/22/2006, 01:36 PM
I can't hear you from 2000 miles away, you are going to have to come closer.

GET SOME NEW MATERIAL...DON'T YOU HAVE SOME SHEEP TO "TEND TO"?

sanantoniosooner
11/22/2006, 01:37 PM
GET SOME NEW MATERIAL...DON'T YOU HAVE SOME SHEEP TO "TEND TO"?
geez stu.

let it rest before it's not your option.

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 04:19 PM
Wow, who'd have thought the greatest country ever would be destroyed by a few thousand people yelling "Sooners" 6 times a year.

Dude we are whats wrong with America :rolleyes: ... Apparently whatever I say about my respect or why I say Sooners didnt matter to those of you that think I am wrong, which is fine... I agree to disagree. I just get tired of being told that I am disrespectful to you, when I in fact think of it as an honor to be able to say Sooners. Because that is like you said it is the fight song for freedom. So don't think that I dont think about what the song means. Also the people who dont take off their hats, scratch their balls, etc... I think are some of the worst people on the planet.

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 04:29 PM
I never said I had more rights than anybody! I just plainly said that the country you all hold so dear(and I know Sooner Fans Do) does not deserve to be disrespected just because you have the right to do so..It's called pride...And I know you all know what that is...The Sooners and their fans are a very proud bunch as a whole...and always will be...I tear up every time I here the Anthem, live or on TV...Maybe it's because of my past or maybe I just love this country with all my being and can't stand it when people disrespect it...all be it that you have the right to do so...maybe the "Knock out" quote was too much...I'll admit that...but for you all to justify this as "It's not like were Burning a Flag", and "we have the right to do so"...is pretty pathetic excuse for blatantly crapping on your country by disrespecting the National Anthem. I also agree that my views maybe Jaded because of my service and what I have seen and done.
Maybe we can agree to disagree...Also a right others have given you...And I'll just turn down the volume and sing to myself...
[COLOR=black]I am sorry I went off the handle originally...
Frag you did not deserve the Neg...Just stating your opinion like I was..Sorry I will try and put it back later...you were just stating your views...also your right...maybe next time you might Say "Home of the Sooners" but just think a little more before and after about what that song means to all of us Vet's and others that have served...I guess it means a little bit more to me then you...Again your right...

Cool enough. :cool: Lets all have a beer and let this little sucker die... I thought it died 3 days ago. cheers :)

mightysooner
11/22/2006, 09:22 PM
No I don't think yelling home of the "sooners!" at the end of the national anthem is classless. That's a little bit overly patriotic drama IMO. I think it's one of those great things about sports and sports fans in showing pride in their program and I think it's one of the fun things about being a Sooner.

As for the wave.....that was so.......12 years ago people. Stop it?

Hublah
11/22/2006, 09:35 PM
you are correct, my typo, got too busy and didn't proof it. "Sooners"

Note to self...If I am going to rant about something...at least make sure I dont look like a dumba$$ by putting in the wrong words...I appreciate this kid showing me the way!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/22/2006, 10:11 PM
Foosball is de debbil!

N' Roberto (pronounced Roh-BAYR-toh) sez Soonahs aftah de nachunal ant'em!

GO MUD DOGS!

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 10:54 PM
and I saw Vicki Vallencourts boobs and I liked them. They were nice!!!!

Jdog
11/23/2006, 12:06 AM
After reading this thread I've concluded that your all a bunch of pre judging biggots - who have no respect for each others opinions or freedoms. none of you want to give the other side the freedom of speech.

I've gotten really board with this - how do we turn it off? Please turn it off.

sanantoniosooner
11/23/2006, 12:08 AM
After reading this thread I've concluded that your all a bunch of pre judging biggots - who have no respect for each others opinions or freedoms. none of you want to give the other side the freedom of speech.

I've gotten really board with this - how do we turn it off? Please turn it off.
since you only have 24 posts invested in this place I think you should cut your losses and move on.

It's the only way you could live with yourself.

SCOUT
11/23/2006, 12:31 AM

Like I said in one of the other brazillion threads about this topic, people who talk, scratch their nuts, eat their popcorn, and do not respectfully remove their headgear and face the flag during the anthem chap my ***

I just found those two sentences funny considering that they were one right after the other. They don’t really have anything to do with the rest of my comments.

My humble opinion is that we as a people have become too carefree with our appreciation of our freedoms. I am not trying to be dramatic like some others have, I just think it is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture.

It is easy to claim that I can say whatever I want because of the first amendment. I would never dispute that ability. What I would dispute is whether or not you should do it. Home of the "Sooners" isn't in and of itself disrespectful. The issue I have is with the omission. The brave people who have fought and died for our freedom are the truly brave, in my opinion. The reason I sing that song is to constantly remind myself that we are enjoying that particular event because of those brave souls.

Sure Sooners were among those people, but they aren't the reason I sing that song.

I am not going to knock anyone out for singing home of the Sooners. I would simply appreciate it, if people would sing home of the brave.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/23/2006, 12:45 AM
I would-I sed-I-I-wou-wou-mama sed-I'd appreciate some high quality H2O!

Dizzle Shizzle
11/23/2006, 12:51 AM
good point

StormySooner-IN
11/23/2006, 12:59 AM
Dude we are whats wrong with America :rolleyes: ... Apparently whatever I say about my respect or why I say Sooners didnt matter to those of you that think I am wrong, which is fine... I agree to disagree. I just get tired of being told that I am disrespectful to you, when I in fact think of it as an honor to be able to say Sooners. Because that is like you said it is the fight song for freedom. So don't think that I dont think about what the song means. Also the people who dont take off their hats, scratch their balls, etc... I think are some of the worst people on the planet.
Agreed Totally, lets all stop beating the meat of this dead horse, and as far as not taking of hats, I agree even more, those people are some of the worst, or the people who spin around and talk.

Sometimes you just HAVE to scratch.;) ;) ;)

washington's fave
11/23/2006, 03:38 AM
I have no problem with Sooner fans saying Sooners at the end of the anthem at Sooner sporting events. Under any other circumstances or in other situations it should be sung as written.