PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Request

bri
11/20/2006, 04:29 PM
Dear Football Board Posters,

No one is saying that you can't spend all day typing out crazed post after crazed post railing against all that is unholy and anti-OU in the college football universe. It's fun and cathartic, even if it can get on everyone else's nerves. All I'm saying is, try and learn about the subject you're going to yammer incessantly about. For example, if you're going to speculate on our BCS at-large chances, please take the time to figure out that it's the respective committees of the participating bowl games, NOT "pollsters", "voters", "the media" or "the Illumniati" that select the participants in the BCS bowl games. If we beat aggy and some BCS bowl wants us to come play, well then they'll ask us and we'll go. Simple as that.

So, to recap: Passion - good. Uninformed passion that borders on the ranting of a retarded lunatic - bad. Thx plz.

Yours,
bri

hurricane'bone
11/20/2006, 04:30 PM
:les:WHORN-LOVER!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 04:34 PM
Why do you hate America, bri?

n8v_ndn
11/20/2006, 04:35 PM
Riiiggghhhttt...that's EXACTLY what the Illuminati and Tri-Lateral Commission would have you believe.

Dio
11/20/2006, 04:35 PM
You and your logic. Pfft.

PAW
11/20/2006, 04:36 PM
Now posters have be "informed" too? Are you trying to kill the football board? :P

sooneron
11/20/2006, 04:38 PM
Well, it's a well known fact, Sunny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eye! And that smug look on his face, "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

This about sums it up

toast
11/20/2006, 04:44 PM
however, post as many professional rasslin threads as you want to.

:)

plumbob
11/20/2006, 04:57 PM

ZANG!!!

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 05:19 PM
The way I read it, you have to:

1. Have at least 9 Wins (check)
2. Be ranked in the top 14 in the final BCS standing (not checked)

At this point, we have to move up one spot to be selected to a BCS game. If I remember correctly, the Harris and the Coaches Poll are major components of the BCS standings. Seems like the Pollsters have a great impact in the final BCS standings.

Yes, the bowl committees decide who to invite but they can only choose from a limited list of participants.

bri
11/20/2006, 05:40 PM

Yes, as long as they're informed.

Also, weak. Try again, Random Slappy.

plumbob
11/20/2006, 05:43 PM
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord Acton

toast
11/20/2006, 05:53 PM
Yes, as long as they're informed.

Also, weak. Try again, Random Slappy.

heh - understood.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/20/2006, 05:57 PM
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord Acton
absolute power corrupts absolutely...but it rocks absolutley too.- Some funny dude.

snp
11/20/2006, 06:12 PM
You're one of them, ain't you?

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2006, 06:13 PM
where do you stand on 9+page band threads on the football board?

Stoop Dawg
11/20/2006, 06:22 PM

No one is saying that you can't spend all day typing out crazed post after crazed post railing against all that is unholy and anti-OU in the college football universe. It's fun and cathartic, even if it can get on everyone else's nerves. All I'm saying is, try and learn about the subject you're going to yammer incessantly about. For example, if you're going to speculate on our BCS at-large chances, please take the time to figure out that it's the respective committees of the participating bowl games, NOT "pollsters", "voters", "the media" or "the Illumniati" that select the participants in the BCS bowl games. If we beat aggy and some BCS bowl wants us to come play, well then they'll ask us and we'll go. Simple as that.

So, to recap: Passion - good. Uninformed passion that borders on the ranting of a retarded lunatic - bad. Thx plz.

Yours,
bri

Alanis should have put you in her song.

bri
11/20/2006, 06:26 PM

Off to the side, not reading them. :D

Herr Scholz
11/20/2006, 06:32 PM
Riiiggghhhttt...that's EXACTLY what the Illuminati and Tri-Lateral Commission would have you believe.
bri is so naive sometimes.

Big Red Ron
11/20/2006, 07:19 PM
bri is so naive sometimes.That's not what I heard.

blackbeauty02
11/20/2006, 07:41 PM
If everyone made informed posts then there would be no board at all. That is one of the main parts of forums isn't it? To become informed. At least that's what I use them for followed closely by venting my ****ed off inner feelings.

A true solution to this problem would be to eliminate football so there would be no football forum thus no uninformed, unintelligent posting.

SouthFortySooner
11/20/2006, 10:36 PM
Atlas has shrugged.

Texas Golfer
11/21/2006, 12:07 AM

Yours,
bri

Whereas there is much truth in your post, Bri, this is not the total truth.

Boise State Penguin
11/21/2006, 12:39 AM
Go to hell, bri.

Boise State is much better than the dirt burglars this year.

Octavian
11/21/2006, 12:45 AM
words and stuff.

SoonerTerry
11/21/2006, 12:48 AM
>>insert intelligent and witty reply here<<<

soonerboomer93
11/22/2006, 03:24 AM
a reminder might be useful :D

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 08:51 AM
Dear Bri,

Stick to the SO, and picking up teens on Myspace.:O

Thanks,

Ron:D

:pop:

instigator
11/22/2006, 08:54 AM
Off to the side, not reading them. :D

Why are you letting the terrorists win?

bri
11/22/2006, 10:12 AM
Because they promised me the leftover virgins.

BoomerJack
11/22/2006, 10:26 AM

And don't forget the Carlyle Group!!!

Luthor
11/22/2006, 10:39 AM
If everyone made informed posts then there would be no board at all. That is one of the main parts of forums isn't it? To become informed. At least that's what I use them for followed closely by venting my ****ed off inner feelings.

A true solution to this problem would be to eliminate football so there would be no football forum thus no uninformed, unintelligent posting.

A place to get informed? Now, why would I want that? I already know what I think.

ou4me
11/22/2006, 12:16 PM

Yeah...like there will be more than 77. :rolleyes:

jwlynn64
11/22/2006, 12:44 PM

Come and get it Bri...

http://www.thelynnfamily.net/virgins.jpg

bri
11/22/2006, 12:52 PM
Mmmmmmmmm....ruler spankings!

soonerboomer93
11/23/2006, 03:15 AM

heck, that thread had better comedy and information in it then most of what's on the football board