PDA

View Full Version : McCoy, Blalock cleared to play

Scotty
11/20/2006, 02:58 PM
per ESPN

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas freshman quarterback Colt McCoy, knocked out of the No. 11 Longhorns' loss to Kansas State with a shoulder and neck injury, has been cleared to play this week against Texas A&M, coach Mack Brown said Monday.

McCoy suffered a stinger while scoring a touchdown in the first quarter of the 45-42 loss. He has a school-record 27 touchdown passes for the Longhorns (9-2, 6-1 Big 12), who must win Friday to secure a berth in the conference championship game.

Brown said offensive lineman Justin Blalock, who has started 49 consecutive games, has also been cleared to play against the Aggies. Blalock left the Kansas State game in the third quarter with a knee injury.

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 03:01 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas freshman quarterback Colt McCoy, knocked out of the No. 11 Longhorns' loss to Kansas State with a shoulder and neck injury, has been cleared to play this week against Texas A&M, coach Mack Brown said Monday.

McCoy suffered a stinger while scoring a touchdown in the first quarter of the 45-42 loss. He has a school-record 27 touchdown passes for the Longhorns (9-2, 6-1 Big 12), who must win Friday to secure a berth in the conference championship game.

Brown said offensive lineman Justin Blalock, who has started 49 consecutive games, has also been cleared to play against the Aggies. Blalock left the Kansas State game in the third quarter with a knee injury.

Aggie...:eek: :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2006, 02:16 AM
This is good news...when they lose we won't have to listen to whorns saying how they'd have been conference champs if they'd had their star QB in. Instead we will get 500 other lame *** excuses for why they lose to the aggies.

jackal42601
11/21/2006, 08:59 AM
That's great for them, but that still doesn't change the fact that their defense sucks right now.Hook 'em

russltl
11/21/2006, 09:21 AM
..Your right, our defense does suck, but don't count on the Aggies to win in Austin. After all, they're Aggies.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 09:41 AM
That's great for them, but that still doesn't change the fact that their pass defense sucks right now. Too bad A&M can only run. Hook 'em

Fixed

BIG_IKE
11/21/2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah...despite Uterus's Secondary woes...they still have a Top 25 Defense, and A&M still can't throw. And those Whorn DB's who give up pass yards are big time run stoppers and hitters. As much as I want Aggie to win, I'll be totally shocked if they do. They have not done it since Stoops' first year.

Herr Scholz
11/21/2006, 11:42 AM
Instead we will get 500 other lame *** excuses for why they lose to the aggies.
Just curious. Do you admit that UT was the better team when we beat you the last two times we played? Or do you have excuses for those games?

BIG_IKE
11/21/2006, 12:08 PM
Just curious. Do you admit that UT was the better team when we beat you the last two times we played? Or do you have excuses for those games?

I think UT was the better team both years. Do I think we could have WON this year? Certainly. We were not the better team that day. The better team does not always win every Saturday, if it did we would not even have a season and the #1 and #2 teams would play at the beginning of the year and that would be it.

caphorns
11/21/2006, 12:12 PM
This game will be all about slowing down the deceptively speedy fat dude in the middle and making the speedy skinny dude fumble or run out of bounds. I doubt the secondary gets much of a workout from the tough guy with the questionable arm dude, but you never know.

Herr Scholz
11/21/2006, 12:14 PM
I think UT was the better team both years. Do I think we could have WON this year? Certainly. We were not the better team that day. The better team does not always win every Saturday, if it did we would not even have a season and the #1 and #2 teams would play at the beginning of the year and that would be it.
That's very valid.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2006, 07:49 PM
This game will be all about slowing down the deceptively speedy fat dude in the middle and making the speedy skinny dude fumble or run out of bounds. I doubt the secondary gets much of a workout from the tough guy with the questionable arm dude, but you never know.

thats about as good an analysis as your gonna get right there

Readyfor8
11/21/2006, 07:54 PM
Obligatory Mack throwing his players under the bus post.

goingoneight
11/21/2006, 11:28 PM
Faggies winning in Austin is like faggies winning in Norman, ain't happening, stop worrying about it. We have a game against Middle Oklahoma-Pickens A&M State Tech North this Saturday. Anything can happen, let us not forget TCU... :D

Herr Scholz
11/22/2006, 02:28 AM
Still waiting for Crucifax to admit that UT was better than OU or what his excuses were.

Fraggle145
11/22/2006, 02:46 AM
They havent won in Austin since 1994 I think so I will be shocked if they do... :eek: And I think caphorns has the analysis about right....

SpringMOSooner
11/22/2006, 08:20 AM

Funny, the texas fans I deal with and know have been doing nothing but making excuses about the ksu game.

OU4LIFE
11/22/2006, 09:12 AM
They havent won in Austin since 1994 I think so I will be shocked if they do... :eek: And I think caphorns has the analysis about right....

you'd have said the same thing about K-State two weeks ago too, while I agree that it is VERY unlikely, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

that and I hate the whorns, so gig em.

Herr Scholz
11/22/2006, 10:42 AM
Funny, the texas fans I deal with and know have been doing nothing but making excuses about the ksu game.
I haven't. We didn't play well enough to win. Period. KSU was the better team that day.

Will you say the same about the past two UT/OU games?

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 10:49 AM
After all, ATM does have mor confidence to go into this game after the Utexass lost to KSU.

Luthor
11/22/2006, 10:50 AM

Then I'm not one of them because I won't make excuses for loosing to a 2nd rate team. I'm still pi$$ed about giving up 45 to a team that couldn't wait to get donkey stomped the very next week by an even crappier team than themsleves. I hate excuses. Be a man. Admit you rolled over for no good reason.

Herr Scholz
11/22/2006, 10:53 AM
After all, ATM does have mor confidence to go into this game after the Utexass lost to KSU.
Even after aggy lost their last two? :D

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 10:56 AM
Even after aggy lost their last two? :D

They will have a doomed feeling if Utexass undefeated in big 12 by now. I am sure that they use the lost of Texass as a mental boot in ATM practices.

Also, I won't be surprise if Franchies pulls out a bunch of trick plays. Watch out Mack.

Herr Scholz
11/22/2006, 11:04 AM
Also, I won't be surprise if Franchies pulls out a bunch of trick plays. Watch out Mack.
Coach Fran-pon doesn't have the stones.

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 11:17 AM

Think about it. This is Franchie career saver game. If he wins, he set for another few year (2 might be) Otherwise, next year is gonna tough for him and his staff.

He will make calls like nothing to lose (same as the Osu cowboys plays OU this Sat)

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2006, 11:32 AM
I agree. I think fran will pull out all the stops, cause that schedule next year is a killer:

@ Miami
@ OU
@ NEB
@ Tech
@ Mizzou

Crimson and Orange
11/22/2006, 11:40 AM

Fran lost to OU, in part, because Bob had big ones and Fran didn't. He played it safe, went for field goals instead of touchdowns, assumed he could get the ball back with the wind at his back, and then got his 'nads handed to him when Bob showed some guts. He played NU conservatively as well, losing when he couldn't hang on to the lead and got outcoached in the final 5 minutes.

He'll pull out all the stops on Friday. I expect lots of play-action, a couple of reverses, an onsides kick, and at least one of those damn halfback / wide receiver passes that have burned us like toast this year. If he has any trick plays left in the book, we'll see them Friday.

The aggies are wee.

william_brasky
11/22/2006, 11:45 AM
Fran will most likely try to keep this game low-scoring. Aggie will grind it out on O to keep the UT O off the field. That's really their only shot.

AzianSooner
11/22/2006, 11:50 AM
Utrush must not allow ATM get close in score. Otherwise, the sweet ATM aggies will be fired up in the second half.

47straight
11/24/2006, 04:37 PM
So........ does today's events silence the whorn critics of Stoops who claim that he rushes players out there when they're hurt, and not ready to play?

Maybe McCoy really wasn't healthy and ready to come back, since he reinjured himself.

Oh, wait, Mack hid behind the "privacy" garbage and we never really knew what was wrong in the first place. Same excuse for closing summer practices, I believe. You know, in case a player got hurt during practice and the media reported it before Mack could call his momma.

GottaHavePride
11/24/2006, 04:46 PM
Utrush must not allow ATM get close in score. Otherwise, the sweet ATM aggies will be fired up in the second half.

It appears you were correct. :D

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2006, 04:50 PM
So........ does today's events silence the whorn critics of Stoops who claim that he rushes players out there when they're hurt, and not ready to play?

Maybe McCoy really wasn't healthy and ready to come back, since he reinjured himself.

Oh, wait, Mack hid behind the "privacy" garbage and we never really knew what was wrong in the first place. Same excuse for closing summer practices, I believe. You know, in case a player got hurt during practice and the media reported it before Mack could call his momma.Mack plays injured players, risking futher injuries? Where have we heard about this before?