PDA

View Full Version : From CFN.com...looks like they're taking up the fight for us.

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 08:49 AM
Oklahoma is one spot from being eligible to be considered for an at-large BCS bowl berth with two weekends left in the regular season. Will bowl committees, looking to fill that slot, factor in that the Sooners got rooked by officials in the Oregon loss and that Adrian Peterson could be back in time to play one final collegiate game? Remove the officiating gaffe in Eugene and Oklahoma is probably No. 7 in the country, not No. 15, where it’s stationed now.

I retract my earlier statements about Bob having to go before the media...looks like some of them are figuring it out, albiet NOT the voters.

OUDoc
11/20/2006, 09:15 AM
We finally started moving up the polls. We'll see what happens.

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 09:36 AM
That loss will prevent us from going to a BCS bowl unless aTm beats Texas and we win the Championship game. In a system where LSU and Tennessee are ranked above us, I don't see any help coming from the Harris or Coaches Poll.

josh09
11/20/2006, 09:49 AM
That loss will prevent us from going to a BCS bowl unless aTm beats Texas and we win the Championship game. In a system where LSU and Tennessee are ranked above us, I don't see any help coming from the Harris or Coaches Poll.

wow i truly hate oregon

stoopified
11/20/2006, 09:52 AM
That loss will prevent us from going to a BCS bowl unless aTm beats Texas and we win the Championship game. In a system where LSU and Tennessee are ranked above us, I don't see any help coming from the Harris or Coaches Poll.I am afraid you are right.In what truly just world ,where a mediocre Georgia team spanks Auburn,would the Tigers be ranked ahead of OU?None, of course but we aren't talking about a just wotld,just the one we DO live in.

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 10:11 AM
Also, how many games has LSU won on the last play and these were not games against top notch opponents. There is no justice or fairness in the polls this year. Michigan still ranked No. 2!!!:eek:

This will be the only time I say this ever but Mark Mays is actually the only guy making any sense in the ESPN crew. While all the other commentators were busy going down on Michigan, Mark was the only one to say that he didn't think Michigan could beat USC or even Arkansas.

How do the pollers justify giving Michigan (a team that didn't win it's own conference, sound familiar?) a short at the MNC against a team they already lost to over any of the other 1 loss teams?

They bag on Arkansas for losing the first game of the season in a game they didn't even have their best player in the line up. They say that ND does't deserve a shot because they lost to Michigan. Florida, I guess they are so lowly that they don't even get talked about.

At least USC has a chance if they win out.

Sorry for the long post but this topic just bothers me. I guess more so this year because of the Oregon screwing. If not for that game, I guess we would be one of the 1 loss teams not getting any love.

russltl
11/20/2006, 10:12 AM
I'm from Texas, but I also think the media should over look the Oregan game and invite OU to a bcs bowl. Those refs are still working on the west coast too. There were no repurcussions for what they did, and look at the damage it has done. OU has had an incredible year considering everything that has happened to you.

Where would OU be in the polls if they were a one loss team? 3? 4?

fadada1
11/20/2006, 10:14 AM
i still fail to understand the love-fest for usc. they lost to OREGON STATE!!!! at least florida's loss was to a ranked team.

and notre dame can kiss my ***.

arcman46
11/20/2006, 10:21 AM
CFN has pretty much said all year that we got shafted at Oregon. We may yet have a chance at a BCS bowl, but the big problem with the poll system, whether it be the AP, Coaches, or Harris, is that the vast majority of voters don't do their homework and think before they vote. The reason why LSU, and Auburn are still ahead of us is because of the media hype that says the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, and the Big 12 is "down" this year. If you look at the facts, the SEC has Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and Tennessee that are in fact really good football teams. We have us, Texass, TAMU, Texas Tech, Nebraska, that I consider really good, and I think Mizzou, and OSU could probably hold their own against most other conferences.

arcman46
11/20/2006, 10:22 AM
CFN has pretty much said all year that we got shafted at Oregon. We may yet have a chance at a BCS bowl, but the big problem with the poll system, whether it be the AP, Coaches, or Harris, is that the vast majority of voters don't do their homework and think before they vote. The reason why LSU, and Auburn are still ahead of us is because of the media hype that says the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, and the Big 12 is "down" this year. If you look at the facts, the SEC has Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and Tennessee that are in fact really good football teams. We have us, Texass, TAMU, Texas Tech, Nebraska, that I consider really good, and I think Mizzou, and OSU could probably hold their own against most other conferences.

arcman46
11/20/2006, 10:23 AM
Sorry about the double post, must of hit the post button twice by accident.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2006, 10:33 AM
i still fail to understand the love-fest for usc. they lost to OREGON STATE!!!! at least florida's loss was to a ranked team.

and notre dame can kiss my ***.Short and SWEET. Kudos and dittos.

soonerhubs
11/20/2006, 10:41 AM
Poor Gordon Reise. I bet he's still losing sleep. (A dirty conscience is a *****!)

Bourbon St Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:39 AM

Well, I'm no condom apologist, but they did beat the SEC West champs and the Big 12 North champs, along with Oregon and Cal.

What I don't get is lsu in the top 10. They haven't beaten anybody all year long except a Tennessee team without it's QB. And that was in the last minute. And Rutgers still ahead of us after that drubbing by the Bengals. It was the Bengals, right?

plumbob
11/20/2006, 11:41 AM
Poor Gordon Reise. I bet he's still losing sleep. (A dirty conscience is a *****!)

He was quoted as saying he's willing to take the heat for now, but there's a lot more yet to be made public about that FUBAR incident.

Boise State Penguin
11/20/2006, 12:50 PM
Not going to happen, guys.

Boise State will get the last at-large bid!

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/20/2006, 12:53 PM
Heh.

BillyBall
11/20/2006, 12:55 PM

Sweet, the Penguins are back...

Scotty
11/20/2006, 12:56 PM
......and proceed to get their asses handed to them by a real team. Your point?.

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 12:58 PM
Let's see...last time Boise State went undefeated in the regular season they went to a bowl game and got their asses handed to them by LOUISVILLE!!!

What on earth are you smoking to think they have a shot against ANY top 10 team?

russltl
Boise State still has one game to go, and OU's luck has to change sometime!

PAW
I'll add them to the list:

Bud Withers (14th), a columnist for the Seattle Times, replied, "if the replay guy (Gordon Riese) had just used five minutes in the Oregon-Oklahoma game to get it right rather than feel hurried about it, Oklahoma could well be in the national-title picture as a one-loss team." John E. Hoover - World Sports Writer

The Sooners are still able to count how close they could in reality to being 9-1. If Pac-10 replay official Gordon Riese hadn't butchered two calls in OU's 34-33 loss at Oregon, the Sooners would have won that game. They then would be a solid candidate for an at-large BCS berth. Tim Griffin ESPN.com

"i mean, you can't really count the oklahoma game as a win, with the way it went down, i know oregon fans will count it as a win and it technically counts as a win, but there's no way oregon can count that as a win, with all that happened in that game" John Canzano from the Oregonian

"It's just easier and safer for most voters to view the Sooners as a two-loss team rather than acknowledge the fact that Oklahoma was robbed of a road victory at Oregon by a Pac-10 ref with a long history of screwing nonconference opponents." --Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.

They lost a game they didn't (Oregon). Chip Brown of the Dallas Morning News

OU won the game (Oregon). Brent Musburger

The sad twist to all this is Oklahoma has won five in a row and is probably playing as well as any Big 12 team. If the Sooners win out, they would be sitting on just one loss (to Texas) if not for a ruling even the Pac-10 Conference declared was incorrect. FOX Sports

Any others?

The Maestro
11/20/2006, 01:04 PM
I guess some of you haven't been reading many other threads talking about the BCS and who can get in. The loser of the Arkansas-LSU game is out, regardless of where they are ranked. Wisconsin is out. OU is very much alive for a BCS at large bid. The Rutgers-West Virginia loser will be out, most likely Rutgers.

We really need a USC blowout over Notre Dame. Their weak schedule has really had two opponents all season long. Michigan and USC. If they get spanked by both of those and get by all the other weak links, they should fall out of the top 8 in the BCS and could be left out...not to mention their poor bowl performance this millenium.

As for the title game, you can make all kinds of arguments for USC/Florida/Michigan. In the end, who has the better loss? Michigan. Who has more impressive wins? A tie for Michigan and USC on that one. Who else put up 39 on Ohio State this year? Not to mention, the almost unexplainable jailbreak TD runs for Ohio State against that rush defense. Ohio State hasn't been doing that to hardly any teams this year. Sure, the plays count, but by virtue of Michigan coming back and just barely losing at Ohio State...in this current system...I don't see how you can't say they are second best in the country.

Oregon State, people. That's where USC lost.

Octavian
11/20/2006, 01:13 PM
Go Aggies.

If they fail, we're big-time fans of all the home teams in these.

#11 Boise St @ Nevada

#10 LSU @ #6 Arkansas

#14 Rutgers @ #7 WV

Then, blow out Pokie.

Hopefully, we could leap Auburn in the coaches' and Harris polls.

MiccoMacey
11/20/2006, 01:14 PM
Michigan had there chance and blew it.

They're dead to me.

To put them in there is an injustice.

Michigan beat Notre Dame. I know college football games aren't transitive, but no way can you put a one-loss Notre Dame ahead of a one-loss Michigan when ND's lone loss is to Michigan.

I'm not saying USC is better than Michigan. I'm not even saying they'd play tOSU better. All I'm saying is that Michigan had there shot and blew it. Time for someone else.

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 02:23 PM
If the purpose the the BCS system is to award the title to the best team, then Michigan should not be allowed to play in the MNC. To quote MM, they had their chance and they lost. Go to the Rose bowl and be happy.

Since the question of who is better between OSU and Michigan has been settled, lets figure out who is the next team that should have the chance of knocking OSU off the throne.

Also, what if Michigan wins, do we then play a third game to see who is the best two out of three? Get over it Michigan, you only get one chance and you didn't convert.

I also don't want to hear about who lost to who. Everyone knows that sometimes a good team has an off week and loses to a team they should have beat. What is important in this situation is how they respond to the loss. Since USC's loss, they havn't looked beatable. Lets see what happens against ND and UCLA. If they win out, there is no question they deserve the chance.

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 02:26 PM
By the way, I hate USC. I just think that Michigan playing again is against all that is holy.

Look at the NFL, are the Cowboys now they best team in the league? If the current ranking system was used for the NFL, the Colts wouldn't still be ranked #1. I'm sure that Chicago would be and they lost to the Dolphins.

My mind is about to explode listening to everyone talk about keeping Michigan #2. They already lost!!!!

Octavian
11/20/2006, 02:27 PM
Still a couple weekends of football to be played.

ND beats USC.

LSU beats Arky.

Arky beats Florida.

Not an impossible scenario...and since Michigan punked the Irish in South Bend, they'd be the logical choice.

Even if not....'06 Michigan has as much of a right to play in the NCG as '03 OU or '01 Nebraska.

MiccoMacey
11/20/2006, 02:30 PM
Except in '03 or '01, neither team had already lost to the team they were about to play.

flopshotjoe99
Go Aggies.

If they fail, we're big-time fans of all the home teams in these.

#11 Boise St @ Nevada

#10 LSU @ #6 Arkansas

#14 Rutgers @ #7 WV

Then, blow out Pokie.

Hopefully, we could leap Auburn in the coaches' and Harris polls.

got my fingers crossed on a few of those games going our way, OU is due for a little luck this season.

Fraggle145

nobody likes you :mad:

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 02:31 PM
Except in '03 or '01, neither team had already lost to the team they were about to play.

Once again, dead on. OU didn't lose to USC or LSU earlier in the season just like Nebraska didn't play Miami earlier and lose.

bluedogok
11/20/2006, 02:32 PM
I ran across this article.

YahooSports - Inside Dish: Tuitama leads Arizona's resurgence (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aq5VAaqEaLeGXMLLeyIrHGocvrYF?slug=inside dishtuitamaleadsar&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
By Matt Hayes - SportingNews

[snippage]

As horrible as it sounds, those blown calls that gave Oregon a win over Oklahoma in September might have been a huge save for the BCS. Oklahoma with one losse would have had a chance to gain enough ground over the final two weeks to cause the BCS rankings to spit out the Sooners as the final No. 2, even if they hadn't qualified for their conference championship game. Three seasons ago, Oklahoma got the No. 2 spot over USC despite losing by 28 in the Big 12 championship game. That resulted in the biggest controversy in the brief history of the system.

Updated on Monday, Nov 20, 2006 2:43 am EST

Octavian

true...but both participants got routed in their last game (unlike Michigan - which lost on the road by 3 to the #1 team) and the argument then was that the BCS was designed to look at the season in it's entirety and match the two best teams after the full body of work was done.

I don't wanna see a rematch...but Michigan has a good argument.

MiccoMacey
Once again, dead on...

If you could see my head right now, it is red and blushing...;)

Octavian
11/20/2006, 02:33 PM
Once again, dead on. OU didn't lose to USC or LSU earlier in the season just like Nebraska didn't play Miami earlier and lose.

Michigan didn't lose 35-7 or 62-36 either.

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 02:33 PM
And made all of the people now pushing Michigan to call for a rule that you can't play in the MNC if you don't win your conference. Where is all the hate for not winning your conference now?

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 02:36 PM
Anyone saying we want LSU to beat Arky is WRONG! we want LSU to lose to Arky so that they drop below us the polls with a 3rd loss. Also why we are rooting for WV since they wont drop below us but Rutgers will! Boise St. needs to lose. Also a Florida loss to Arky would help us by lowering Auburn's strength of schedule.

I don't really care about the MNC anymore... If I had my way ND would win making their schedule softer via the drop USC would get for having 2 losses and they still wouldnt get in the MNC due to the Michigan win over them. Also keeps SUC away from another title because I am so tired of them. Then tOSU/Mich get a rematch, which I would want Mich to win to create more BCS mess and a split title (the AP giving it to OSU, turning Michigan into LSU ala 2003).

jwlynn64
11/20/2006, 02:37 PM
That whole comparitive lose thing is crazy. #2 losign to #1. What does that mean exactly. It means that OSU is better than Michigan. Why should they get another shot. Let someone else get a chance. We already know who is better between OSU and Michigan.

yermom
11/20/2006, 02:44 PM
the AP isn't going to give the title to tOSU if they lose to Michigan are they?

now i can see them giving it to Michigan if they have them #2 and USC ends up #2 in the BCS and beats the Buckeyes after Michigan kills whoever in the Rose Bowl

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 02:54 PM
the AP isn't going to give the title to tOSU if they lose to Michigan are they?

now i can see them giving it to Michigan if they have them #2 and USC ends up #2 in the BCS and beats the Buckeyes after Michigan kills whoever in the Rose Bowl

I totally think they COULD. given that they have already beat them to get into the game and that Mich would backdoor it..

Go Arky, Go WV, Go Nevada I want to get into the top 14 if any of those teams win we are in the Top 14 and if Nevada wins we are a LOCK.

noobalicious
11/20/2006, 03:53 PM
Because there are so many people tossing around scenarios for us to get into the BCS I will post what I had on another thread because there are basically ONLY 4 scenarios for us to get into the BCS.

Here's a breakdown:
Automatic Bids (6): "the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue"
Current LOCKS (1): Michigan

That leaves 3 additional places. One will be occupied by Boise State. ("In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is ranked among the top 12 teams in the final BCS Standings"). Boise State is number 11 and will stay in the top 12 unless they lose.

2 spots left. One will be occupied by Notre Dame. (" Under the new BCS arrangement Notre Dame will be guaranteed one of the at-large slots in a BCS bowl if it is ranked No. 8 or better in the final BCS Standings.") Notre Dame is currently ranked 5.

1 spot left. This is likely to go to the runner up in the SEC. Arkansas and Florida will be facing off in the SEC championship game. There is no way they will be out of it. Florida is ranked 4 and Arkansas is number 6. They are so highly ranked which means the loser likely won't fall very far, and can beat out any competition from the Big East runner up.

So these are the 4 scenarios for us to get in:

1. We win the Big XII title: Obviously this requires some help from the Aggies. If they defeat Texas on Friday in Austin then we head to the Big XII championship game. Then we would need to beat Nebraska, which I think is entirely possible. Overall this is not EXTREMELY probable...but it is probably our best shot! If Nebraska and TTech hadn't choked against the whorns earlier this year we would be talking right now about how we're in the drivers seat.

2. Steal an at-large bid that would have originally been Boise State's automatic bid: This requires Boise State to lose to Nevada Saturday afternoon. It IS at Nevada and Nevada IS 8-3...not entirely shabby. So far against the other two top teams in the WAC this season, Boise State was taken down to the wire (41-34 over Hawaii and 23-20 over SJSU). It's not too probable either...but we would be next in line to steal Boise's spot if they manage to lose.

3. Beating out an at-large SEC team or at-large Big-10 team for one of those spots: It is impossible for us to be chosen over Michigan who is locked for the Rose Bowl pretty much right now...or perhaps the MNC. We would probably need to beat out the loser of the SEC championship game Fla-Ark. This would probably require two losses in a row by whoever would lose the championship game. Ergo Florida would need to lose to FSU then the championship game OR Arkansas would need to lose to LSU and then to Florida. However Arkansas losing to LSU may propel LSU to the at-large bid...and I don't think we would want that. Basically we need FSU to pull off a huge upset, Arkansas to beat LSU, and then Arkansas to embarrass Florida in the championship game. Now this is POSSIBLE. The Fla-FSU game is in Tallahassee. Arkansas beating LSU would make them a 3 loss team and probably drop them behind us with no remaining games. Arkansas beating Fla would make Fla a 3 loss team as well...with an upset loss to an unranked team. It would also be helpful under this scenario for WVU to lose to Rutgers. Therefore Rutgers would get the Big East champ, WVU would fall in the rankings and our competition would be a 2 loss WVU team or a mediocre Louisville team for the at large spot as well. I think this is a major long shot.

4. Beating out ND for an at-large bid: This just seems virtually impossible. ND has one game remaining and its against the #3 team. If they lose I don't see them dropping out of the top-8 which would give them an automatic nod. They would need to get EMBARRASSED and make the pollsters recall them almost losing to Mich St. and UCLA. If they wind up at 9-14 in the final standings...we would be compared against them for an at large bid...with their two losses coming against two top 5 teams. I don't see us getting it over ND because of that.

Anything else would not get us a BCS bid and we'll be headed to the Cotton Bowl MOST LIKELY against Auburn. It's not an elimination thing folks, just crossing teams off the list ahead of us. The cards need to fall certain ways. The ACC is what is really screwing us over.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 04:39 PM
Random observation, since I can't follow all these otherposts:
#1 - BEAT THE FRIKKIN pokes!!!
Otherwise...
*I don't know who is better between Michigan & USC, and I don't really care. I would just rather NOT see a rematch. Face it even with the BCS, the whole darn thing is basically an exhibition; the arguing never stops (nor should it). So I'd rather see tOSU vs USC than UM.
*Although I don't like USC, I hope they CRUSH AND HUMILATE Notre Dame, because ND is disgustingly over-hyped and over-rated.
*Between Arkansas and LSU: If Ark loses, we probably can't jump them with a win over Osu, but we probabaly CAN jump LSU. Plus, I am (essentially) NEVER for LSU, so "GO PIGGIES" in that one.
*Boise State is the yapping chihuahua of the NCAA. Somebody needs to whap that b!tch on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Unfortunately, BSu only plays other little doggies.
*I went to cfn.scout.com and didn't find anyone pimping OU; where's it at?

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 04:48 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/592579.html

Scroll down towards the bottom.

TUSooner
11/20/2006, 05:05 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/592579.html

Scroll down towards the bottom.
Thanks.

My short attention span prevented me from rea

birddog
11/20/2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks.

My short attention span prevented me from rea

:pop:

go on...

arcman46
11/20/2006, 05:16 PM
If it comes down to USuC vs tOSU, I, despite my utter distaste for Pete Carrol and the Trojans, hope they kick the living **** out of tOSU. :D Otherwise I have to hear it for the next year from my friend Scotty about how great tOSU is. Needless to say if that happens, and Michigan goes to the Rose and wins, the AP WILL award the National Championship to Michigan, just like they did to USuC in 2003.:(

DustySooner
11/20/2006, 05:42 PM
I'd rather have a Michigan/Ohio State rematch over Ohio State/USC playing for the NC. I really don't want to hear how Pete Carroll is the greatest coach to walk the planet for a year if he makes it to another title game. That'd make four straight NC appearances for ole Petey.

birddog
11/20/2006, 05:43 PM
3 straight for petey.

dougsooner
11/20/2006, 06:13 PM
just let usc lose, pete c. is a bore and needs to be slapped down. I could handle ND, Fla. or Ark. in the final game but not usc. IF Boise St. wins against Nevada they should be in the final game.... Obviously pulling for a bcs meltdown with terrible ratings!! How bad will the TV ratings be with Boise st, W. Virg., Rutgers in the games... Oh how I hate the bcs....

SoonerFanInAustin
11/20/2006, 08:28 PM
I say pull very hard for the Ags.......I sure don't want USC to play for the championship. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about them. I would like to see them beat ND and then UCLA sneak up on them, but pretty sure that won't happen.

I would love to see our boys in a BCS game, but as mentioned and well put by Nooba, that chance is very very slim. Even if we make the Cotton Bowl, hopefully we stick it to the SEC opponent and finish in the Top 10. Not bad considering all that has happened to our program since Aug.

Of course, we need to take care of the Pokes ourselves.

SouthFortySooner
11/20/2006, 10:33 PM
I am not kidding. If you put a gun to my head I could not tell you where boise state is. There is a boise idaho, but wouldn't that be idaho state?

bluedogok
11/20/2006, 11:06 PM
Just like Wichita State, Fort Hays State, etc. in Kansas some use the town name instead of a direction like UCO, Southeastern OK State in Durant or East Central in Ada, etc.

TexasBoomer
11/20/2006, 11:34 PM
My goodness what negative thoughts some have on this board. We (OU) will go to a BCS bowl if we win out!!! That means beating OSU this Sat.- that's all we have to do.

Texas Golfer
11/20/2006, 11:44 PM
Regardless who we think should be playing in the title game, I'm fairly sure the #1 and #2 teams will be playing in it as it should be.

Indy Sooner
11/21/2006, 12:23 AM
The MNC game was last Saturday. It would have been interesting to see that game played on a neutral field, however.

SoonerTerry
11/21/2006, 12:51 AM

WERD!!!11!!1

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 01:09 AM
just let usc lose, pete c. is a bore and needs to be slapped down. I could handle ND, Fla. or Ark. in the final game but not usc. IF Boise St. wins against Nevada they should be in the final game.... Obviously pulling for a bcs meltdown with terrible ratings!! How bad will the TV ratings be with Boise st, W. Virg., Rutgers in the games... Oh how I hate the bcs....

Yeah, I can see how the AP and Coaches Poll are so much better. Oh wait, since they marginalized the influence the computers have on the BCS, it is basically the AP and Coaches Poll. Yes I know that the Harris Poll is used in the BCS instead of the AP but it's the same thing.

The BCS started as a pretty decent idea but the constant whinning from undeserving teams and the AP voters have basically ruined it now.

We were screwed the minute that the replay official failed to do his job. Don't blame the BCS for that. A BCS that actually took in SOS and minimized the human voter content would be pretty accurate in identifying the teams that deserved to play for the crown.

I'd even advocate a 4 team playoff if they were selected using object criteria that didn't bend to human crying.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2006, 01:34 AM
I say again...We will be in a bcs bowl.

PLaw
11/21/2006, 08:24 AM
I am afraid you are right.In what truly just world ,where a mediocre Georgia team spanks Auburn,would the Tigers be ranked ahead of OU?None, of course but we aren't talking about a just wotld,just the one we DO live in.

Stop whining - we tackle in the oregon game and then there's no discussion about a lousy pac10 officiating crew.

It's been an average SOONER season - I would like to say good, but I can't go there after the t-sips took us to the wood shed. That day the whiney orange was a physically and mentally tougher team - and I think Bob would agree.

BOOMER SOONER
PLaw

MamaMia
11/21/2006, 08:56 AM
If there really is such a thing as karma, then Texas will lose to Texas A&M, and all this will be for not.

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 09:08 AM
Stop whining - we tackle in the oregon game and then there's no discussion about a lousy pac10 officiating crew.

It's been an average SOONER season - I would like to say good, but I can't go there after the t-sips took us to the wood shed. That day the whiney orange was a physically and mentally tougher team - and I think Bob would agree.

BOOMER SOONER
PLaw

I have to agree, the only acceptable season is one in which we win every game in a convincing fashion! :eek:

What a load of feces. Do you even read what you post before you post it. I think that you are living in some kind of fantasy land with overy high expectations.

In every season, even the best team has games that are closer than they should be. If you think that a team has to win every game by a big enough margin that the officiating can't affect it, then why should we even worry about bad officiating.

Did our defense play well in the Oregon game? No. But the team did enough to win if not for the second worst blown call in college football history.

yermom
11/21/2006, 09:21 AM
second worst?

if we end up beating OSU this is a very good season, considering all we've been through (more that we didn't lose to them and got 10 wins than beating OSU)

bluedogok
11/21/2006, 09:45 AM
It has been a better season than I expected after losing all of the players that they did from last years team. I was expecting 9-3 with losses to Oregon, Texas and A&M, well they ended up 1 (maybe 1.5) better than that. I want them to win every game, but I am also realistic. Considering what else has happened this season 10 wins is a good season.

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 10:11 AM
I say second worst because I still consider the fifth down given to Colorado over Missouri the worst. You shouldn't even need instant replay to figure out that you have given a team an extra down.

blackbeauty02
11/21/2006, 10:22 AM
wow i truly hate oregon

yea i think we have a new hate rivalry. Texas, oSu, and Oregon

MiccoMacey
11/21/2006, 10:53 AM
It'd be hard for us to get in to a BCS game over anyone namely because our best win is against Texas A&M, a soon-to-be 8-4 team.

jwlynn64
11/21/2006, 11:11 AM
From what I've been reading, there are a couple of BCS bowls that would like to have us play in their bowl if things work out right. The most interesting that I saw was a chance for us to play in the Rose Bowl against Michigan. I'd love that game.

Texas Golfer
11/21/2006, 11:56 AM

BOOMER SOONER
PLaw

I disagree about UT taking us to the woodshed. We had over 100 more yards than they did.

Physically tougher? Perhaps. We did have five turnovers although, on, three of them, we were barely touched or not touched at all. Mentally tougher? Perhaps. We had 11 penalties.

But I don't think they took us to the woodshed.