PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to cheer for the Nevada Wolfpack...

SoonerGX
11/20/2006, 12:44 AM
this Saturday against Boise St. on ESPN at 3:00 PM for the Sooners chances to end up playing in a BCS bowl. The reasoning is if Texas wins then this is what must occur for OU to play in a BCS game and of course beating Oklahoma State is also a must for this to occur. I say only one Big East team will be selected for a BCS Bowl game because what would be more attractive to a BCS Bowl selection committee a second team from the Big East being Louisville, West Virginia, or Rutgers or an Oklahoma team with Adrian Peterson playing his last collegiate football game in their bowl game.

1. Ohio State – Automatic *1*
2. Michigan – At Large (1)
3. USC – Automatic *2*
4. Florida – At Large (2)
5. Notre Dame – At Large (3)
6. Arkansas – Automatic *3*
7. West Virginia – Automatic *4*
8. Wisconsin
9. Louisville
10. LSU
11. Boise State – At Large (4)
12. Auburn
13. Texas – Automatic *5*
14. Rutgers
15. Oklahoma
16. Georgia Tech - Automatic *6*
17. Virginia Tech

badger
11/20/2006, 12:48 AM
nevada's where my brother goes to school. they have a very good team and an upset is very likely.

(very good=not SOONER good, but perhaps Kansas State this year good--- able to upset anyone!)

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2006, 01:15 AM
I'll be pulling for my new home state team, though I'll be in Utah on game day.

oKOIhoma fan
11/20/2006, 06:51 AM
Lets just pull for then Aggies and then take care of business ourselves.

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 08:51 AM
I'm a Wolfpack Aggie this weekend...

BIG_IKE
11/20/2006, 09:07 AM
Technically...if WV beats Rutgers then Louisville willwin the Big East and get the automatic. And a one loss WV with a Heisman contender will be real attractive also....

I think we need to be cheering for the State University of New Jersey as well.

Blues1
11/20/2006, 09:11 AM
I will CHEER For Nevada - But After Texasss goes down Friday we will all be making plans for Kansas City and Arizona ...... :) :) :) :) :) :)

badger
11/20/2006, 08:50 PM
why do mid-majors get all the props for easy schedules??? WHO has boise state played, and WHY can't they be forced to schedule tougher conference teams in order to be eligible?

royalfan5
11/20/2006, 09:17 PM
why do mid-majors get all the props for easy schedules??? WHO has boise state played, and WHY can't they be forced to schedule tougher conference teams in order to be eligible? Because you would have to force tougher teams to schedule them and potential go on the road to Boise once in awhile.Because good BCS schools avoid playing the Boise States of the World because it is a lose/lose situation for them, both financially and perception wise. Also Boise doesn't have to take games just for the money because they are on TV a ton, and pack their stadium. Also overscheduling hurts non-BCS schools just like it hurts BCS schools because it is hard to win your conference if you play brutal OOC schedule, look at Fresno St, they get high profile upsets here and there but they always run out of gas in conference. As long as BCS schools want to have non-BCS schools to kick around during their OOC schedule, people are just going have to accept that a non-BCS school might get to sit at the big boy table from time to time, especially since TV loves an underdog.

lexsooner
11/20/2006, 10:00 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility of UT beating the aggie cult and then losing to Nebulon in the Big XII title game? I haven't heard any talk of this scenario.

badger
11/20/2006, 10:15 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility of UT beating the aggie cult and then losing to Nebulon in the Big XII title game? I haven't heard any talk of this scenario.
pleeeeease. I have my avatar and sig on the line that game! of course we've been discussin' it, and it goes something like this:

oufan: texas sucks!
texasfan: nebraska sucks more.
nebbish: HEY!
oufan: i agree, nebbish sucks more and will lose to either of us.
texasfan: after all, they lost to osu, and they REALLY suck.
pokefan: HEY!
oufan: go away, shaggie.
nebbish: what about ME? I'm in the big 12 championship game too!
texasfan: do we still have a north division?
oufan: no.
ksufan: HEY!
oufan: thanks for beating texas, btw.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2006, 01:57 AM
Technically...if WV beats Rutgers then Louisville willwin the Big East and get the automatic. And a one loss WV with a Heisman contender will be real attractive also....

I'm cheering for either one to lose 63-2