PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on another championship season Bama...

OklahomaTuba
11/20/2006, 12:29 AM
Been out of town and didn't have a chance to offer my congratulations on yet another successful national championship season.

Roll Tide!

:P

badger
11/20/2006, 12:38 AM
shula's arse is sooooo fired.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2006, 01:32 AM
I'm no 'Bama fan, but I think it's just WRONG to have the Alabama aggies constantly beating the "University of" team.

Okla-homey
11/20/2006, 07:22 AM
I'm no 'Bama fan, but I think it's just WRONG to have the Alabama aggies constantly beating the "University of" team.

Face it. 'Bama is a has-been program. They should have hired Sly Croome.

Flagstaffsooner
11/20/2006, 07:28 AM
http://www.millerhats.com/productimages/008.jpg

SoonerMooner
11/20/2006, 08:00 AM
Alabama is a sleeping giant, in no way are they a "has been" program. People were saying that about OU before Stoops was hired, too.

Bama is one coaching hire away from getting it rolling again.

swardboy
11/20/2006, 08:40 AM
Alabama is a sleeping giant, in no way are they a "has been" program. People were saying that about OU before Stoops was hired, too.

When I lived in Bama, I thought that Mal Moore, the AD, just had no imagination when it came to hiring...had to be a "proven" coach at a big progrmam, or had to have coached in some capacity in NFL.....Franchione somewhat broke the mold because he wasn't Bama "family."

They have zero mentality to go out and hire a "Bob Stoops" type....

Tuloma
11/20/2006, 11:21 AM
Bama is a great program and always will be. They are just going thru what OU did prior to Stoops.

yermom
11/20/2006, 11:24 AM
When I lived in Bama, I thought that Mal Moore, the AD, just had no imagination when it came to hiring...had to be a "proven" coach at a big progrmam, or had to have coached in some capacity in NFL.....Franchione somewhat broke the mold because he wasn't Bama "family."

They have zero mentality to go out and hire a "Bob Stoops" type....

well, you see where the Fran thing got them.... Mike Price didn't help much either

Dio
11/20/2006, 11:37 AM
During the 'Bama/Allbarn game, my wife asked what the "175" insignia on their field was all about. I told her that was the number of National Championships the Tide claims.

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 12:47 PM

HAHAHA :D

[Insert Mike Price joke here]

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 01:01 PM
During the 'Bama/Allbarn game, my wife asked what the "175" insignia on their field was all about. I told her that was the number of National Championships the Tide claims.

SPEK!!!

freshchris05
11/20/2006, 01:14 PM

Spek... lmao does any one have an idea of how many they do claim besides the last 64

jthomas666
11/21/2006, 04:38 PM
Bama is a great program and always will be. They are just going thru what OU did prior to Stoops.
At this point, no one really knows if Shula will be back or not. But the real concern beyond the 6-6 record and the straight losses to that frigging cow college is that the season has been eerily reminiscent of Dubose's disastrous 3-8 season. A lot of issues that appear to be related to conditioning, generally crappy play, evidence of coaching confusion, etc.

The first drive of the Auburn game pretty much summed up the season. We marched straight down the field, got in the red zone, and promptly stuck our heads up our ***.

But the two sacks that resulted in the fumbles and subsequent TDs might well have been the death knell for Shula. That RT, Chris Capps, has started--and played poorly--all year long, despite there being more productive players behind him. In fact, Capps was injured early in the LSU game, and with him out, there was a noticable improvement in the OL play.

Shula got the ship righted and instilled a certain measure of stability, and for that, the Bama Nation is grateful. But the growing concensus is that he won't be able to get Alabama to the next level. There's some good talent there--if we had an OL line worth a damn, our offense would be a juggernaut--so if they pull the trigger, we should be able to get a good HC.

fadada1
11/21/2006, 04:46 PM
At this point, no one really knows if Shula will be back or not. But the real concern beyond the 6-6 record and the straight losses to that frigging cow college is that the season has been eerily reminiscent of Dubose's disastrous 3-8 season. A lot of issues that appear to be related to conditioning, generally crappy play, evidence of coaching confusion, etc.

The first drive of the Auburn game pretty much summed up the season. We marched straight down the field, got in the red zone, and promptly stuck our heads up our ***.

But the two sacks that resulted in the fumbles and subsequent TDs might well have been the death knell for Shula. That RT, Chris Capps, has started--and played poorly--all year long, despite there being more productive players behind him. In fact, Capps was injured early in the LSU game, and with him out, there was a noticable improvement in the OL play.

Shula got the ship righted and instilled a certain measure of stability, and for that, the Bama Nation is grateful. But the growing concensus is that he won't be able to get Alabama to the next level. There's some good talent there--if we had an OL line worth a damn, our offense would be a juggernaut--so if they pull the trigger, we should be able to get a good HC.
don't go aggie on us with this. we like/respect bama over here, and would hate to see some of the same excuses (i.e., we're 10 points from being 9-0, those sacks made us lose the game, auburn is the devil, etc...). get yerselves a good coach and we'll meet for the MNC real soon.

bearcat_sooner
11/21/2006, 05:21 PM
Bear Bryant invented National Championships

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
11/21/2006, 05:27 PM

I'll have to agree with this one.

Indy Sooner
11/22/2006, 12:03 AM

Yawn. For how long have the Tide faithful been reciting that verse?

yermom
11/22/2006, 12:06 AM
weren't they a WR's broken leg away from winning the SEC last year?

OklahomaTuba
11/22/2006, 12:13 AM
The Bear would've made him play with a broken leg, and they would've won the SEC, to go along with last years national championship of course.

yermom
11/22/2006, 12:15 AM
well, they did hold Tech to 10 points in the Cotton Bowl

of course that could have been instant replay karma ;)

OklahomaTuba
11/22/2006, 12:17 AM
Paul "Bear" Bryant invented Karma.

Soonerus
11/22/2006, 12:22 AM
Alabama will rise again....they talk like that down there...

KingDavid
11/22/2006, 12:48 AM

Agreed. Interesting thought that two of the biggest coaching jobs in the nation will be for hire at the end of the season. And an interesting contrast:

Miami - Thug U.
Alabama - Has Been U

Both storied programs. Which one would you want to go to? I think I'd have to choose Alabama. More history. Better "feel good" story to turn that program around than to have to go clean up a mess like what must be under the covers in Miami.

OklahomaTuba
11/22/2006, 12:53 AM
Sounds like Bama may just force Shula to sack most of his coaching staff and give him another year.

I know the Rader family very well, so this isn't good news personally. Hopefully Dave moves back to T-Town to take the Union HS football job when it opens up soon.

Readyfor8
11/22/2006, 01:09 AM
I personnally would take the Bama job over Miami in a heartbeat. Bama may not have the recruiting base, or the quick turn around in a weak conference. However, I think Miami is falling while Bama is as low as it will go.

With Florida doing great things, it won't be easy to recruit against the Gators, and Miami isn't going to rebound very fast.

If Davis is still on the market, Bama should try to snap him up. If they can't get a legend like a Spurrier, Davis, and they can't get an up and comer like Kragthorpe, then hold on to Shula for another year. But, i don't think the buyout is too much for the Bama Donors to pony up.

SoonerDood
11/22/2006, 01:50 AM
Sounds like Bama may just force Shula to sack most of his coaching staff and give him another year.

I know the Rader family very well, so this isn't good news personally. Hopefully Dave moves back to T-Town to take the Union HS football job when it opens up soon.
and the rest of 6A football says, "YAY!"

OUinFLA
11/22/2006, 07:59 AM
With Florida doing great things, it won't be easy to recruit against the Gators, and Miami isn't going to rebound very fast.

IMHO
Recruiting isnt going to be an issue at Miami, evar.
Florida is geographically a very long state.
The sentiment in the south end where Miami County has 5 million people is Miami is the place to play.
The sentiment in the middle is pro-Gator while the north is pro-FSU.

With scolly limits, and a 15 million+ state population, a year round football program(out of school) for 6th graders and up, there are plenty of football players to go around between the three major schools.

Miami will always have a draw for skilled players. It has the rep, the beach girls, the financial backing, the beach girls, the weather, and did I mention the beach girls?
IMO, the location and the beach girls will win out over Bama's storied tradition between two schools who have both cycled to their lowest level in the past 25 years.
The instate population is a factor.

sooneron
11/22/2006, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't shovel the dirt on the casket just yet.They are finally coming out of all the probation crap, they did go 10-3 last year, and they have been competitive this year, to a point. scUM will always get some recruits, but bama should focus on the void that is increasing in Bobby B's territory. There's too much uncertainty there. I still don't understand Fran not recruiting OLs when he was there. That put them in a hole. texas has proven this year that all you need is a good qb with a great line and some playmakers on offense to do well.