PDA

View Full Version : Branson Tickets

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2006, 10:30 PM
I accidentally posted this on the football forum. I guess one of the mods can delete it or move/merge it with this one, but I wanted to get this out here in case anyone was planning on going up to Missouri for TGIVING or Xmas.

Okay, this is no joke and has been brought up a couple of times around here. So, I figured I'd just come right out and ask....

I have two 3 day adult pass tickets to both Silver Dollar City and Celebration City (the smaller amusement park next to SDC).

The tickets say they are non-transferable, but I'm pretty sure that only applies after the initial signing of the ticket and the first entry into the park. In other words, I couldn't use the ticket on one day and then give it to someone else to use on another day. Neither ticket has ever been used.

They are in the form of a .pdf file which you simply print out and hand to them at the gate. I won't get any use out of these things so if anyone wants them (they're free mind you). Then let me know.

soonerboomer93
11/19/2006, 11:08 PM
can you have secks on them?

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 11:15 PM
Sent you PM Sicem.

That's pretty nice of you considering our team came to Waco loaded for bear.

BeetDigger
11/20/2006, 12:03 AM
Keep you chin up Sicem. Dont worry, there is a nice girl out there who will be willing to go away for the weekend and have nothing but secks with you for four days and three nights. Dont give up. Its every college guys dream.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2006, 12:22 AM
Keep you chin up Sicem. Dont worry, there is a nice girl out there who will be willing to go away for the weekend and have nothing but secks with you for four days and three nights. Dont give up. Its every college guys dream.

Surely you don't suggest that was my intention.

Anyway, I seriously don't need these tickets. I have two of them just sitting here. It's free, it's Branson, it's what you want! Get 'em while they're hot.

Surely someone is considering going up there.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2006, 12:30 AM
I really figured SOMEONE on here would be planning to go up there with the wife or grandkids or something. Did I mention the tix are free?

Vaevictis
11/20/2006, 02:49 AM
This is funny :D

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2006, 03:37 AM
My God, I can't even GIVE these things away.

Vaevictis
11/20/2006, 03:44 AM
That's why it's funny. :D

BoogercountySooner
11/20/2006, 07:19 AM
Could it be that Branson Sucks? I live a little over an hour from there and could care less about visiting. My company has there picnic there every year and we decline. Just my 2 cents.

TexasLidig8r
11/20/2006, 09:27 AM
Is there a story about this here tickets that we should know about? :confused:

frankensooner
11/20/2006, 10:34 AM
I am taking my family to Branson next month. I will shoot you a pm

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2006, 07:23 PM
Okay, there are two people who want the tickets so I will write down both of your names...put them in a jar, and randomly select one of you. :D

Results will be forthcoming.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2006, 07:26 PM
Frankensooner it is.

BajaOklahoma
11/20/2006, 09:02 PM
I was there the weekend of the 11th.
I would have enjoyed hitting some of the stores. Thanks, thanks a lot. :(

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 09:27 PM
you coulda offered them up to lil Baja

nice

frankensooner
11/21/2006, 10:26 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Now I will have to do less shopping and more funning!!!!

Thanks SicEm!!! If you even need a zima or lunch while in the okc area, please let me know!

TexasLidig8r
11/21/2006, 10:47 AM
The tickets say they are non-transferable, but I'm pretty sure that only applies after the initial signing of the ticket and the first entry into the park. In other words, I couldn't use the ticket on one day and then give it to someone else to use on another day. Neither ticket has ever been used.

They are in the form of a .pdf file which you simply print out and hand to them at the gate. I won't get any use out of these things so if anyone wants them (they're free mind you). Then let me know.

Dear Sic,

Be advised that this law firm has been retained by the South Oval en masse.

Your presumably generous offer was an unconditional offer to "anyone" on the site. Since there is an ambiguity and since you are the drafter of the offer, courts will interpret this language in a manner supporting the offeree's reasonable interpretation thereof. A reasonable interpretation of your offer is that you would supply said tickets to ANYONE who accepted same. There was another offer.

Therefore, demand is herein made that you immediately purchase, at your own expense, a package of comparable and/or equal value to that offered and that it be given to anyone who so accepts.

Your failure to so comply will result in litigation being instituted against you wherein you could be found liable for said offeree's actual damages, court costs, expenses and all necessary and reasonable attorney's fees.

If my office does not receive notification of your compliance by Wednesday, November 22, 2006, class litigation will be commenced against you

Very truly yours,

Steven, the Texas Lidig8r

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 10:52 AM
In!

frankensooner
11/21/2006, 11:03 AM
Hey, I will counterclaim. Don't ruin this for me, I will have to shop at OUTLET MALLS if I don't get the tickets. ;)

anyway the offer plainly states:

"I have two 3 day adult pass tickets to both Silver Dollar City and Celebration City (the smaller amusement park next to SDC)."

It also states:

"I won't get any use out of these things so if anyone wants them (they're free mind you). Then let me know."

The offer was for two 3 day pass tickets. Anyone in this fact applies to the two people who requested the tickets, me being the winner of course. There was an offer and an acceptance. SicEm chose the Anyone. You would be charged costs for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. Go back to you collections work Mr. Longhorn fan. ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2006, 02:22 PM
I for one am simply happy that I can now put this entire Branson episode behind me and move on to even more humiliating and crushing experiences.

The tix are in your inbox Franken.

OUinFLA
11/21/2006, 04:02 PM
I for one am simply happy that I can now put this entire Branson episode behind me and move on to even more humiliating and crushing experiences.

This could make it a bit less humiliating.

http://www.ticket-depot.com/images/ticket-depot-logo.jpg

frankensooner
11/21/2006, 04:21 PM
Thank you kind sir. I will be adding three kids tickets to those and we will have a great time! You saved me from the outlet malls, and for that, I will be most happy!

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2006, 08:24 PM
Thank you kind sir. I will be adding three kids tickets to those and we will have a great time! You saved me from the outlet malls, and for that, I will be most happy!

Well, I loathe to admit this but that's exactly what I ended up doing.
I drove around to the outlet malls. :sigh: