PDA

View Full Version : "The Waving Wheat"

SoonerObsession
11/19/2006, 09:44 PM
Is there anything more annoying than this after the tards from Stoolwater score? Every news highlight you see of them after a score they pan to the crowd doing this annoying wave. I say we shut them out so that we don't have to see it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2006, 09:45 PM
I didnt know what that was called..I figured they should do it as opponents score and they are waving goodbye to victory

XingTheRubicon
11/19/2006, 09:53 PM
Stolen from KU.

In the late 80's, Monte Farris and Co, would bump forearms after a going yard. Stolen from Oakland (MaGuire and Canseco)

In the mid 80's, Hair Gel mullet, Probation Dykes, and Thurman/Barry were the "triplets." Stolen from the '83 Huskers (Fryar, Rozier, Gill.)

East/West field stolen from Crispin Glover.

PA announcer "There's another Cowboy first down!" Stolen from K-State

Big Red Ron
11/19/2006, 09:58 PM
See young Sooner grasshoppers? WE, SOONERS, DO NOT WAVE WHEAT!

jk the sooner fan
11/19/2006, 10:09 PM
the key jingling is funny and comes from the 50's when Bud used to give them annual drubbings

OUstud
11/19/2006, 10:49 PM
Original stadium design stolen from Taft Stadium.

King Crimson
11/19/2006, 10:53 PM
Stolen from KU.

yup, i remember KU fans doing that when i first started going to games with my pops in the mid 70's.

don't the pokes also do a "guns up" sort of pistol firing thing now too.

if there is ONE THING the world doesn't need it's some goofball post-SWC "hand signal"....

Soonerus
11/19/2006, 10:59 PM
nothing like killing the enthusiasm from a touchdown with a boorish round of waving wheat instead of ear-splitting clapping and yelling....never has made any sense to me....actually I have always considered it just plain dumb.....

Widescreen
11/20/2006, 12:01 AM
Well, then they add the carousel music which makes the waving thing supa.

IronSooner
11/20/2006, 12:30 AM
There's a really idiotic soundtrack in my head that goes along with that idiotic display of idiocy. It boggled my mind to see KU doing it too, and I think I even saw NU do it once or twice.

I still find it funny how they celebrate 1st downs. Then again they do that here at Illinois too. Guess it's a big event for both schools.

bri
11/20/2006, 12:40 AM
I find it fitting that aggy's biggest benefactor is a sleazy corporate raider, since every nubbin of "tradition" they have was stolen from other schools. They're the P. Diddy of college football.

Miko
11/20/2006, 12:42 AM
Sheep humping.....stolen from the Canaanites, mid 3rd century BC

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jaux again.

yur-out
11/20/2006, 12:47 AM
Is there anything more annoying than this after the tards from Stoolwater score?
Yes, if you've EVER had the displeasure of having to listen to the OsU radio network and their play by play Dave Bun-sucker. "Pistols firing again!!! and OsU is now down JUST 66-14, with two seconds left in the game!"

snp
11/20/2006, 01:10 AM
I didn't even know wheat was a big crop in this state.

Widescreen
11/20/2006, 01:43 AM
Just in the Lewis Field stands.

nanimonai
11/20/2006, 01:48 AM

Could be if they didn't stick some rusty, bass-akwards bleachers in the middle of perfectly good farmland.

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 01:58 AM
Is there anything more annoying than this after the tards from Stoolwater score? Every news highlight you see of them after a score they pan to the crowd doing this annoying wave. I say we shut them out so that we don't have to see it.

(avoid the band threads. YWIA.):cool:

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 02:21 AM
don't the pokes also do a "guns up" sort of pistol firing thing now too.

FINGERBANG! ©

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2006, 02:25 AM
Fingerbang bang bang bang bang
I'm gunna fingerbang, bang you into my life.
Girl, you like to fingerbang and it's alright.
Cuz' I'm the king of fingerbang, yea, that's right .
I'll just fingerbang, bang you every night.

TexasLidig8r
11/20/2006, 09:44 AM
With as inspirational as their old waving wheat song ditty was.. I read they are changing their song and mascot to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaB7BQ6PlHs

sooneron
11/20/2006, 09:48 AM
With as inspirational as their old waving wheat song ditty was.. I read they are changing their song and mascot to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaB7BQ6PlHs
You owe me one keyboard!!!!:texan:

OSUAggie
11/20/2006, 09:49 AM
Boomer Sooner - stolen from Yale... then fitted to OU with the extremely thoughtful lyrics

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2006, 09:50 AM
Boomer Sooner - stolen from Yale

Yale had a land rush?

i did not know that.....

sooneron
11/20/2006, 09:53 AM
Boomer Sooner - stolen from Yale... then fitted to OU with the extremely thoughtful lyrics
Actually, we stole it from Yale and NC. Get it right, orange tard! And that was about 100 years ago.

OUster
11/20/2006, 10:02 AM
Fingerbang bang bang bang bang
I'm gunna fingerbang, bang you into my life.
Girl, you like to fingerbang and it's alright.
Cuz' I'm the king of fingerbang, yea, that's right .
I'll just fingerbang, bang you every night.

I feel dirty for two reasons...one, I just read this song. Two, I hate the pukes wave so much that, in comparison,I actually appreciate "Texas Fight".

bri
11/20/2006, 10:14 AM

Wow, aggy can read. Way to use Google.

So that brings the "stolen traditions" score to:

Us - 1
aggy - ALL OF THEM

Pistols firing, indeed.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 10:20 AM
and 'heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee cooooooooomeessss BUUUUULLLLEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!'

stolen from Texas Tech

OSU 'finger bang' hand single

stolen form Texas Tech

what is the next 'tradition' out of Stillwater....throwing Tortillas in the field?

just sayin

sooneron
11/20/2006, 10:27 AM
and 'heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee cooooooooomeessss BUUUUULLLLEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!'

stolen from Texas Tech

OSU 'finger bang' hand single

stolen form Texas Tech

what is the next 'tradition' out of Stillwater....throwing Tortillas in the field?

just sayin
No, that would be going to the well too often. I predict a yell practice or a pre- OU bonfire.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/20/2006, 10:51 AM
Wow, aggy can read. Way to use Google.

So that brings the "stolen traditions" score to:

Us - 1
aggy - ALL OF THEM

Pistols firing, indeed.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bri again.

MikeInNorman
11/20/2006, 11:46 AM
Not to reopen a 10,000 page thread, but we do NOT wave wheat. The waving is done ONLY when "Pooooor Agggieeees" is chanted, and is a MOCKERY of Aggy. Occasionally, waving will bleed into "Poooor Texxxaaass", but that is an understandable oversight.

By the way, a few years ago my dad and I went to Stoolwater for the Aggy game. We ate lunch with a bunch of Aggy, and my Dad asked them if they knew the name of the circus calliope song that spawns outbreaks of waving. No Aggy knew, they just thought it was called "The Waving Song". My Dad, having gone to Stoolwater as a freshman and immediately having had the good sense to transfer, had to inform the Aggy that the song was called "O.A.M.C.", for Oklahoma Agricultural & Mechanical College.

Point being that when Aggy has a REAL tradition, they ignore or are embarassed by it; Aggy would rather steal from Tech, which is really much more Aggy's level.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 11:48 AM
My Dad, having gone to Stoolwater as a freshman and immediately having had the good sense to transfer, had to inform the Aggy that the song was called "O.A.M.C.", for Oklahoma Agricultural & Mechanical College.

i actually knew that.....but not very proud of myself that i did

CobraKai
11/20/2006, 11:52 AM
Who had the Pistol Pete character first? NM has a big paper machet headed goofball named Pistol Pete too, complete with the Don Johnson shave and the a$$le$$ chaps, just like in Stillwater.

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 12:00 PM
Who had the Pistol Pete character first? NM has a big paper machet headed goofball named Pistol Pete too, complete with the Don Johnson shave and the a$$le$$ chaps, just like in Stillwater.
as did Wyoming

Partial Qualifier
11/20/2006, 12:03 PM

As does Wyoming. Evidently they all use the same halloween party supplier - err, umm, mascot uniform provider.

jk the sooner fan
11/20/2006, 12:16 PM
i believe the pistol pete image is taken from a former payne county sheriff of long ago......

TexasLidig8r
11/20/2006, 12:17 PM

nm