PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Scrooge...

Okla-homey
11/19/2006, 06:59 PM
many of the neighbors have their outside lights twinkling gaily, yet my Thanksgiving decor still stands defiantly on my front vestibule.

Is that so wrong?

bri
11/19/2006, 07:20 PM
No, it just means you actually own a ****ing calendar...

soonerboomer93
11/19/2006, 07:27 PM
bri speaketh the truth

unless you're into it for the money, it's just too early for Christmas stuff to be up

Rogue
11/19/2006, 09:19 PM
Why do you hate Christmas? ;)

Yes, it's way to early.

TopDaugIn2000
11/19/2006, 09:33 PM
at least you decorate. heh

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2006, 09:44 PM
If it'd do me any good I'd fight puttin' lights up . . . luckily our fall/turkey day decor is still up as well (which is almost as bad).

I think I've only been lucky enough to not put up Christmas lights a few times in the last 10 years or so.

VeeJay
11/19/2006, 09:46 PM
Sumbitches around the corner have their place lit up like a honky-tonk already.

OUHOMER
11/19/2006, 10:10 PM
frn hillybillys, You mean you dont still have them up from last year?

Actually the wife had me put out the reigndeer and sleigh today.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 11:57 PM
I'm hoping there will be some more of those synchronized music / flashing lights / yard displays with the Manheim Steamroller music on the Web.

God forbid anyone actually doing that near my house....

I'll have to plan a covert attack if they do...:D

YouTube Christmas Lights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4g0gmQSLk)

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 12:23 AM
i love that video!

BeetDigger
11/20/2006, 12:43 AM
Just because the retailers start the Christmas season in early October doesn't mean that we have to as well.

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 08:04 AM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8606/house800x600cu5.jpg

SoonerBorn68
11/20/2006, 08:11 AM
We've got a neighbor who leaves their tree & lights up year round. Of course, we live in the trailer park where anything/most things happen. They had all their lights on over 4th of July.

Sooner in Tampa
11/20/2006, 10:51 AM
I pi$$es me off to no end that Thanksgiving has been steamrolled by the money making machine that is Christmas decorations.
I will begin to get into the Christmas spirit on Friday...and NOT a day earlier.

SoonerBorn68
11/20/2006, 11:27 AM
I pi$$es me off to no end that Thanksgiving has been steamrolled by the money making machine that is Christmas decorations.
I will begin to get into the Christmas spirit on Friday...and NOT a day earlier.

Amen. I should be getting home on late on Thanksgiving & we'll put the tree up Saturday after the aggot game. I've been so detached out here it's hard to get into any kind of spirit but I refuse to even look at anything Christmas related until the day after Thanksgiving.

I left out for this job on Nov. 6. We went to Sooner Mall on the 5th & the Christmas music was already blaring!

frankensooner
11/20/2006, 11:41 AM
Homey, when I was in law school, my whole Christmas stuff didn't start until after the last final. It felt really weird that first year after I graduated.

Viking Kitten
11/20/2006, 04:13 PM
Homey, you are not Scrooge. I am Scrooge.

So I go to eat lunch at a place that plays KMGL in the restaurant. Normally I can just tune out crappy music. But apparently KMGL has decided it's time to play all Christmas music, all the time. Not just sneak a song in here and there. All Christmas. All the time.

So I sat through Wham and Amy Grant and maybe Mariah Carey. Dunno. I was trying to tune it out. Then a song came on in which it seemed some girl was imploring Santa to bring her baby home or something along those lines. A quick Google search reveals this song is called "Hey Santa" by Wilson Phillips.

So this is about the point where I started to feel violent. Hands shaking, bile-spitting, Linda Blair violent. I wanted to grab a fork, run over to the KMGL studios, and perform an unnecessary tracheotomy on whoever was manning the broadcast booth. Instead I just grabbed my lunch and finished it in my car.

I can deal with about 10 Christmas songs a year, played between Dec. 21 and Dec. 24. I think I actually may have hit my annual max on Christmas music today.

TexasLidig8r
11/20/2006, 04:17 PM
. . .
So this is about the point where I started to feel violent. Hands shaking, bile-spitting, Linda Blair violent. I wanted to grab a fork, run over to the KMGL studios, and perform an unnecessary tracheotomy on whoever was manning the broadcast booth. . .

Isn't this just ordinary PMS symptoms for most women every month? :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/20/2006, 04:18 PM
I felt this way in Target last night.

A nice, little old lady was shopping for Christmas stuff by the trees and she was humming along with that crap being pumped all over our brains from overhead.

I wanted to harm a cute, little, old lady. I mean, I really wanted to grab her moderately-wrinkled neck and squeeze it until that cheerful humming stopped.

What's wrong with us? :(

Viking Kitten
11/20/2006, 04:22 PM
I felt this way in Target last night.

A nice, little old lady was shopping for Christmas stuff by the trees and she was humming along with that crap being pumped all over our brains from overhead.

I wanted to harm a cute, little, old lady. I mean, I really wanted to grab her moderately-wrinkled neck and squeeze it until that cheerful humming stopped.

What's wrong with us? :(

Can I kick her while you hold her down?

Okla-homey
11/20/2006, 06:04 PM
Homey, when I was in law school, my whole Christmas stuff didn't start until after the last final. It felt really weird that first year after I graduated.

I only got four this semester, and they are all only three hour classes with at least two days between each. I'm sittin' purdy. Especially 'cause I got my law review casenote finished this past weekend. :D

soonersweetie
11/20/2006, 06:23 PM
ok here goes, most people I know think I am strange. I love Christmas, I mean, I really love Christmas. And I don't mean the fact that I get to go spend a ton of money, I usually never do. I love to decorate for the holidays and I love to listen to Christmas music and there are times during July that I find myself humming Jingle Bells and my hubby looks at me like I've completely lost it.

In fact, my family calls me the "Christmas Nazi" because of how fanatical I am about Christmas. And it does not have to do with shopping. So, when I hear people say I wish they wouldn't start this Christmas stuff so early cause it only has to do with money, that's not the case with me.

I guess I just get too much in to the spirit of stuff. As I said, I love the decorating, the smells of Christmas, cooking in the kitchen, etc. I have been told on more than one occasion that I am just overly romantic and sappy to the extreme, maybe. Can't help it.

My lights are up outside and my house is decorated as much as possible without the tree cause it's too early to have a real tree yet in this hell hole we call So Cal.

Ya know in retrospect maybe I was Mrs. Claus in a previous life. That's the only way I can explain this total fanaticism for Christmas and the holidays.

Merry Christmas :)

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/20/2006, 06:27 PM
I got her VK!!!

OMG...SHE'S WIREY - YOU'D BETTER HURRY!!!!

:les: KICK HER!!! KICK HER HARD!!!!

Just kidding. I'm actually glad some of us still feel that way...

soonersweetie
11/20/2006, 06:32 PM
LOL, couldn't help but laugh, my family feels the same way

TexasLidig8r
11/20/2006, 06:33 PM
Here ya go VK and BSG.. you Ebeneezerettes of the Board...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFsd4vw0cA

:D

BigRedJed
11/20/2006, 06:37 PM
Only a real dullard would bring up the B.C. Clark jingle at this point. But it'll probably happen nevertheless.

Paperclip
11/20/2006, 06:38 PM
I will embrace the transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas after I see the first BC Clark Anniversary Sale commercial and not before.

BigRedJed
11/20/2006, 06:39 PM
Poor 'clip.

BigRedJed
11/20/2006, 06:41 PM
I don't really have it out for good ole Sec16, he just posted at some very opportune times.

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 06:52 PM
I think there must be something wrong with me, Homey. Christmas is coming, but I'm not happy. I don't feel the way I'm supposed to feel. I just don't understand Christmas, I guess. I like getting presents, and sending Christmas cards, and decorating the trees and all that, but I'm still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed...

TexasSooner01
11/20/2006, 07:05 PM
There was a lady that worked in our office building that showed up for work today dressed in black boots, red velvet slacks, red velvet vest, and a santa hat.....

I am all for Christmas but....that was a little too much.

Paperclip
11/20/2006, 11:12 PM
I don't really have it out for good ole Sec16, he just posted at some very opportune times.

Heh, I honestly just now noticed your dullard comment. Creepy.

royalfan5
11/20/2006, 11:21 PM
I've hated Christmas decorations ever since my mom dropped me off the house roof when I was 9 while doing decorations.

BigRedJed
11/20/2006, 11:49 PM
Heh, I honestly just now noticed your dullard comment. Creepy.
That's because it wasn't there when you posted originally. Beano changed the time on the server, and it allowed me to go back in time and post before you. You were just the person who had posted a minute or two later (old time) than the time I was posting (new time), so you were the obvious victim.

Capice?

BigRedJed
11/20/2006, 11:49 PM
Oh, and I just broke the rule about the magician revealing his trick.

Paperclip
11/20/2006, 11:51 PM
That's because it wasn't there when you posted originally. Beano changed the time on the server, and it allowed me to go back in time and post before you. You were just the person who had posted a minute or two later (old time) than the time I was posting (new time), so you were the obvious victim.

Capice?

Gotcha. Regardless, I'm still pretty much a dullard.

BigRedJed
11/21/2006, 01:39 PM
Heh.

BeetDigger
11/21/2006, 01:49 PM
I got her VK!!!

OMG...SHE'S WIREY - YOU'D BETTER HURRY!!!!

:les: KICK HER!!! KICK HER HARD!!!!

Just kidding. I'm actually glad some of us still feel that way...

:hot:

This above post has stong modification potential. Also strong baning potential.

I will walk away from the keyboard.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 02:47 PM
I decorated the forest floor with a shiny Christmas Crimson Red a few times.....:D

Paperclip
11/21/2006, 02:51 PM
I decorated the forest floor with a shiny Christmas Crimson Red a few times.....:D

http://www.5starpsychicadvice.com/files/jason62.jpg

:eek: