PDA

View Full Version : ******-how could we lose?

Collier11
11/19/2006, 06:04 PM
I think we are a better team than okie lite, if I had to put a number on it I would say that on any given day we are 21 pts better than they are. That being said, there are some scenarios where we could get beat with the game being in stilly. What do you guys see as keys to us beating them?
1. We cant have more than 2 turnovers, they have a good Offense and as good as our D is playing, I dont think we can turn the ball over like we have the past 2 games and win in stillwater.
2. Special teams, they have a good return game, we cant let them score on our special teams
3. Deep ball, we have shown that we can cover the deep ball better this year than is recent years past, but they have a couple of deep threats that we cant let get past us

Other than this, I dont see any way Osu can hang with us realistically, what do you all think?

Collier11
11/19/2006, 06:05 PM
I did not know that word is against the rules, I guess I need to slap myself on the hand for that one

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 06:09 PM
-Keys to the game by Brad-

1.Pressure Reid the entire game ( as i said in another thread he folds under pressure)
2.Stick to their WR's like glue, especially their top 2
3. Our D line will stop their running game

QB pressure,WR's,Solid line play

AzianSooner
11/19/2006, 06:13 PM
LSU is "seen" as a better, much better, team than Old Miss. Still they need an OT to win the game.

Anything could happen of you don't bring your A game to their field.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 06:14 PM
LSU blows, and OU will bring their best game of the year to make a real statement.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 06:16 PM
As long as OU wins thats all I care about.

sdsooner
11/19/2006, 06:18 PM
IF we don't turn the ball over and we don't get beat deep, we should win handily. We're obviously having trouble with the former, but seem to have rectified the latter.

SoonerDood
11/19/2006, 06:39 PM
LSU is "seen" as a better, much better, team than Old Miss. Still they need an OT to win the game.

Anything could happen of you don't bring your A game to their field.
wasn't LSU at home in "Death Valley"?

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 07:10 PM
It's Stillwater...it's given us fits every time we've been there since Stoops took over...we'll still win though.

That is all.

jdsooner
11/19/2006, 07:17 PM
Five turnovers would not be a good idea! I also think that we need either Peterson or Patrick to play.

yermom
11/19/2006, 07:20 PM
we've won by 5, lost by 10 and won by 3

and some of those teams were pretty good ;)

if we can hold onto the ball and field punts it will be a good start

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 07:33 PM
Last I knew, they have to do the same thing...and they won't.

We're gonna kill 'em.

Soonerus
11/19/2006, 07:38 PM
If we avoid turnovers we should win easily, especially with the way our D is playing now....

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/19/2006, 08:07 PM
1. Dont play like we forgot what football was.
2. Suit up Peterson if healthy.

We have not played a good game at osu in a while. Heck, when we won it all in 2000, Heupel was throwing the ball into the first row and we generally played like crap. Peterson seems to be oblivious to the smell or something, cuz he brings it every time we play them.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/19/2006, 08:09 PM
and I wish aTm-UT was not the day before. I would prefer we did not know the outcome of that game before we played.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 08:11 PM
If ATM wins I'm glad it's the day before, if they lose, I wish it was the day after.

sozo
11/19/2006, 08:20 PM
wasn't LSU at home in "Death Valley"?
Yep!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/19/2006, 09:33 PM
-Keys to the game by Brad-

1.Pressure Reid the entire game ( as i said in another thread he folds under pressure)
2.Stick to their WR's like glue, especially their top 2
3. Our D line will stop their running game

QB pressure,WR's,Solid line play

Someone get this guy out of my head! And believe it or not, I'm thinking you saw the Stoolwater Preview Show in Waco. Here's why.

1) Lots of base 4-2 Nickel with a Cover 2 look. Gets Reid (and that Baylor freshman QB) thinking underneath. Gives him a stock look to reference and find comfortable reads in. Which is bread and butter when it comes to disguising coverage packages. Slide the Nickel up, bring LBs on the gutshot, backside B gap shots behind DT twists, SS A gap, you name it. Reid will never know where it's comin' from, and a shot or two later, he'll get a bad case of the tuck n' runs. Either that, or Gundy will wise up, lean on the run, and slow the game down, which also plays nicely in our favor as the Nickel can play monster for run support and let Rufus and Zach flow to the ball.

2) Yes, yes, and yes. Given my prediction of how our boy BV will run that defense, you're still working out of Cover 2. With pressure similar to what we saw this past weekend, we'll be susceptible under the safeties as the CBs release on the single moves. This plays well to guys like Bowman across the middle. Hopefully with a lil' hat on Reid, he'll be moving before the 2s develop, which'll get his eyes out of the 3rds and into the flat and under. We'll have to see how this shakes out, though. But I'd expect a steady diet of that zone those Stoops boys love so much, which given time, can give up the seams. Key being 'given time'.

3) D Line needs to figure out which game they're bringing. OSU has a strong downhill guy in Crosslin and a nice pair of shoes in Toston. Will it be the block fighting lateral sliding DL that showed up for UAB? Or that upfield powerhouse hellbent for leather that brought it against A&M? We'll see. I'm banking on the latter, as this is the monster that's grown as the season's progressed, freeing up Rufus and Zach to make tackles as the D Line comes with bells on, not sittin' on their heels, fighting through reach blocks and hoping to all hell they can make a read. THAT defensive line rocks everyone's jock. The old defensive line gets gutshot ISO'ed for 540 yards in the first 3 games of the season.

proudsoonergal
11/19/2006, 09:46 PM
What he said. ;)

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 09:46 PM
Someone get this guy out of my head! And believe it or not, I'm thinking you saw the Stoolwater Preview Show in Waco. Here's why.

1) Lots of base 4-2 Nickel with a Cover 2 look. Gets Reid (and that Baylor freshman QB) thinking underneath. Gives him a stock look to reference and find comfortable reads in. Which is bread and butter when it comes to disguising coverage packages. Slide the Nickel up, bring LBs on the gutshot, backside B gap shots behind DT twists, SS A gap, you name it. Reid will never know where it's comin' from, and a shot or two later, he'll get a bad case of the tuck n' runs. Either that, or Gundy will wise up, lean on the run, and slow the game down, which also plays nicely in our favor as the Nickel can play monster for run support and let Rufus and Zach flow to the ball.

2) Yes, yes, and yes. Given my prediction of how our boy BV will run that defense, you're still working out of Cover 2. With pressure similar to what we saw this past weekend, we'll be susceptible under the safeties as the CBs release on the single moves. This plays well to guys like Bowman across the middle. Hopefully with a lil' hat on Reid, he'll be moving before the 2s develop, which'll get his eyes out of the 3rds and into the flat and under. We'll have to see how this shakes out, though. But I'd expect a steady diet of that zone those Stoops boys love so much, which given time, can give up the seams. Key being 'given time'.

3) D Line needs to figure out which game they're bringing. OSU has a strong downhill guy in Crosslin and a nice pair of shoes in Toston. Will it be the block fighting lateral sliding DL that showed up for UAB? Or that upfield powerhouse hellbent for leather that brought it against A&M? We'll see. I'm banking on the latter, as this is the monster that's grown as the season's progressed, freeing up Rufus and Zach to make tackles as the D Line comes with bells on, not sittin' on their heels, fighting through reach blocks and hoping to all hell they can make a read. THAT defensive line rocks everyone's jock. The old defensive line gets gutshot ISO'ed for 540 yards in the first 3 games of the season.

JKM is that you?

badger
11/20/2006, 12:51 AM
I did not know that word is against the rules, I guess I need to slap myself on the hand for that one
call it Badlem or something instead.

we could lose the same way that we lost in 2001 and 2002... poke luck. It's a crappy form of Sooner Magic that only appears once every season, when shaggie fans arise and cheer for the team they wish was better than it really is.