PDA

View Full Version : Blair shifts policy on War on Terror, says violence in Iraq "Pretty much a disaster"

JohnnyMack
11/19/2006, 12:47 PM
Looks like he's opening up a bit now that he's on the way out.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9r.EiQMyz1w

Calls for a "Marshall Plan" type rebuilding of Afghanistan. Wants to use honey instead of Vinegar. Winnie the Pooh called in to consult.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6160466.stm?ls

Wait, you mean Al-qaeda and Iran are playing the coalition like a violin? You mean it? Really? We hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
11/19/2006, 01:22 PM
IMHO, until we are prepared to go "Roman" on them, the sectarian violence will continue. Just saying. Similar to the problems with which we had to contend in Viet Nam. Hard to put down this sort of crap without extreme measures. Without the political will to do so, it continues unabated. The financial and logitistical lines of communication with the exporters of the means to continue jihaadi resistance must be broken (mainly Syria and Iran.)

That said, there is no large-scale "peace at any price" movement in the US like there was in the 60's/70's (because there is no draft.) Thus, perhaps we'll continue with "you guys play nice" indefinitely.

I've noted the new Donkey leadership in Congress is already back-pedalling on "bringing the boys home," as I knew they would. I'm reasonably certain that if they were able to somehow succeed in doing so, as the most committed loopster Donkeys contend they must, the first attack on American soil would cause an alarming backlash and much Elephantine "we told you so's"...and the thought of that my friends, mortifies the moderate Donkeys. Particularly with '08 looming.

At any rate, as long as they are killing each other and only taking potshots at our kids, they aren't over here killing American civilians. Its a hard truth, but there you have it.

King Crimson
11/19/2006, 01:24 PM
Blair is a lapdog, and sounds even more pitiful when he tries to be "tuff".