PDA

View Full Version : After we beat OSU on Saturday...

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 12:16 PM
...and pending FranCHOKEione loses to UTerus...

Stoops needs to go into the press conference afterward and remind the national media exactly why we're deserving of a BCS bowl.

a. ROBBERY IN EUGENE
b. losing our all-universe player to a FREAK injury and his backup
c. losing two unnamed starting players to stupidity
d. WINNING 10 GAMES IN SPITE OF ALL THAT!!!

That is all!

lexsooner
11/19/2006, 12:23 PM
e. anyone who follows college football knows we could whip most of the teams ranked ahead of us. I'd like our chances against about all the 5-10 ranked teams. We are the team none of them really want to play in a bowl game.

Blues1
11/19/2006, 12:27 PM
I know where you are coming from but---this
Sounds like Something Mack would do....

Slaughter osu and let the cards fall where they will....~~~

Still R'

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 12:31 PM
No...Mack would take the whining and bitching tone with the media...a la 2003 and 2004.

Stoops would only have to say, "go back and review our season and the adversity...that's all."

SouthFortySooner
11/19/2006, 12:46 PM
...they will be tied for LAST PLACE in the Big XII S... ha ha ha...

Indy Sooner
11/19/2006, 01:08 PM
Your point A would be the only one with any relevance. Yes, OU should be a one-loss team. Not only did the Duck clearly touch the ball first within the ten-yard zone, OU recovered that fumble. The cheating that OU suffered will cost them (and/or the conference) millions of dollars by being denied a BCS bid for a second conference team (assuming UTMack wins at home this week).

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 01:36 PM
It just seems so whiney and in search of vengence...

I think a high road approach is more his style.

Win out and let your season speak for you.

Your Team is 9-2 and when you beat the pokes...your in pretty good company with the other 10-2 teams.

What really hurts is that Texas lost to KSU and Oregon showed what a poser they were and fell out of the top 25.

Also...I think the cart is way before the horse on a&m beating the whorns. That games is a blood feud and the whorns have won 6 in a row and I don't think they are ready to end the streak just yet. Sure...we hope it will happen...but I would still put my money on the whorns in this match-up unless I got 21 points. Since the line right now is 13 1/2...I don't think that will happen.

I guess we can dream until it really comes to pass...

I think I'll concentrate on beating the pokes.

Sooner_Havok
11/19/2006, 01:41 PM
Also...I think the cart is way before the horse on a&m beating the whorns. That games is a blood feud and the whorns have won 6 in a row and I don't think they are ready to end the streak just yet. Sure...we hope it will happen...but I would still put my money on the whorns in this match-up unless I got 21 points. Since the line right now is 13 1/2...I don't think that will happen.

I think he is conceding that Uterus will beat A&M, thus keeping us from the BCS.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 01:45 PM
That's alot of conceit is all I'm saying...

MichelleDawn
11/19/2006, 02:02 PM
Knowledgeable sports fans and writers know what we have accomplished leaving the uninformed to think we are whining and complaining...It serves no real purpose. When was the last time a BCS bowl changed because of a speech by a coach?

We should let our results do the talking. There aren't many teams that can match our accomplishments and or our ability to travel.

Flying Scotsman
11/19/2006, 02:03 PM
mack's speech and whine a couple of year's ago?

lexsooner
11/19/2006, 02:11 PM
I haven't followed this stuff much this year. So assuming we beat OSU and UT beats the aggie cult, what has to happen for OU to get a BCS bowl? Do we need teams like LSU and others to fall, or is a BCS bowl really a long shot if the above happens?

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 02:13 PM
LSU is gonna fall...to the Piggies on Friday.

Whoever loses the SEC title game is probably out of the BCS as well, unless it's a close game.

We all need to be aTm and Nevada fans this week.

Miko
11/19/2006, 02:37 PM
I agree more with Bob's comments aired during the baylor game, that it didn't sound right for him to comment further on the [deplorable] things that happened in oregon.

Whining to the media would be to Mack Brownish.

It reminds me of Bob's reply when asked if the team would get "co-champions" rings a-la-texas. He said, "You know better than that. We have standards here and they are not going to change."

AzianSooner
11/19/2006, 02:44 PM
I still don't count on Franchies to get a W in Austin. Have you seen ATM plays lately?

Ash
11/19/2006, 02:44 PM
I know where you are coming from but---this
Sounds like Something Mack would do....

Slaughter osu and let the cards fall where they will....~~~

Still R'

I'm with you Blues.

Sooner_Havok
11/19/2006, 02:49 PM
I still don't count on Franchies to get a W in Austin. Have you seen ATM plays lately?

Hell, I don't care what happens anymore. If we get screwed out of a good bowl, then it gives Stoops and OU a chance to show what class really is. No whinning like Mack, no crying about how life isn't fair like Bellotti or Tubbyville. But you know Stoops will get his shots in.

SoonerLB
11/19/2006, 03:03 PM
All that matters to me right now is that we get focused on the pokes, cure the fumble-itis, play with intensity, and beat them! Badly!
Then we can concentrate on what happens next.

BoomerSooner247
11/19/2006, 03:21 PM

Whoever loses the SEC title game is probably out of the BCS as well, unless it's a close game.

We all need to be aTm and Nevada fans this week.ill be rooting for A&M this week and Boise St. is the biggest bs team out there they no way need to be ranked higher then at least OU in any poll or ranking system, i mean all the teams they played are only like 1 win teams, and the close games for them were to 3 win teams... PATHETIC!

A&M, BTHO ut

that is all :)

AzianSooner
11/19/2006, 03:42 PM
We will be rank about 13th in BCS this week. Next week we might claim higher depend on what team fall down.

Top 10th team is very good standing to bid for a BCS bowl game.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 03:45 PM
Top Ten would be nice.

To bad the pokes choked.

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 03:48 PM
Well, either Arkiesaws or LesterU is gonna go down this weekend...and one of them would thus be ranked below us.

Frickin Ole Miss coulda done us the favor last night, but noooooooo....

AzianSooner
11/19/2006, 03:52 PM
The question is that how far number 4th Arkansas of this week could fall if they lose to LSU?

On the other hand, I am sure if LSU lose, they will be ranked below us.

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 03:54 PM
Yep...

Like I said before. Had Ole Miss taken care of business and not CHOKED last night, I would've been cheering for LesterU over the Piggies...then we'd have TWO teams below us in the polls instead of only getting one this week.

Seamus
11/19/2006, 04:48 PM
I agree more with Bob's comments aired during the baylor game, that it didn't sound right for him to comment further on the [deplorable] things that happened in oregon.

Whining to the media would be to Mack Brownish.

It reminds me of Bob's reply when asked if the team would get "co-champions" rings a-la-texas. He said, "You know better than that. We have standards here and they are not going to change."

I love this quote. Bob is the anti-Mack.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=29732

A very insightful look from a puke fan about why they will beat OU

Collier11
11/19/2006, 05:53 PM
Think of this guys, think about the season we have had...being screwed blatantly by the refs which cost us a W, how many BAD calls have gone against us this year, being selfishly screwed over by our starting qb, losing A.D., losing patrick, and losing to Texasss. Consider all of this and can you think of anything more pleasing then walking right in the back door to the big 12 title game thanks to coach fran and his boys. Would there ever be a more deserving team for the football gods to shine upon than our boys this year. Lets all cheer for the cult this week.

OSUAggie
11/19/2006, 05:57 PM
Sooners by 52 ... Pokes can't stop anybody and can't move the ball.

OU goes to BCS and OSU goes to the Texas Bowl agains the 'Ville and loses 42-14.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 06:00 PM
Sooners by 52 ... Pokes can't stop anybody and can't move the ball.

OU goes to BCS and OSU goes to the Texas Bowl agains the 'Ville and loses 42-14.

I don't know about that 52 thing, but OUr D won't let your offense go up and down the field.

Reid seems to fold like a lawn chair when pressured

Fraggle145
11/19/2006, 06:09 PM

We all need to be aTm and Nevada fans this week.

I like the way you think... :pop:

douxpaysan
11/19/2006, 06:16 PM
I favor the whiney approach as long as we get a BCS slot. If Bob don't have the nads send Boren to the plate...that worked well last time.:rolleyes:

utex74
11/19/2006, 06:31 PM
I haven't followed this stuff much this year. So assuming we beat OSU and UT beats the aggie cult, what has to happen for OU to get a BCS bowl? Do we need teams like LSU and others to fall, or is a BCS bowl really a long shot if the above happens?

You really need Boise State to lose to Nevada. As much as we don't want to play them, them getting one of the at-large bowl berths could keep you out and hurt you even worse. Boise State loses and you got a shot. (or if we lose, but I can't think about that)

I can see you in the Rose Bowl against either USC or Michigan, whichever doesn't play tOSU.