PDA

View Full Version : UFC - Matt Hughes vs Georges St. Pierre

tbl
11/19/2006, 03:15 AM
That was the best fight I've seen on the UFC. It helps that I was rooting for GSP, but it was still an awesome fight. I was very happy to see GSP get the title. After watching behind the scenes stuff on the guys, I came to REALLY dislike Mat Hughes (he's a bully, jerk, beefhead, punk, etc) & GSP seems like a genuinely good guy, not to mention an amazing fighter. GSP was absolutely dominant in the fight, I mean Matt Hughes didn't know what to do. Kicks, knees, punches like crazy, elbows, avoiding takedowns... the dude looked unbeatable. He should make a great champ.

Dana White is going to have to find a good heavyweight champ for the UFC, b/c Tim Sylva just ain't cutting it. His past couple of fights were exTREMELY boring, plus he just doesn't have "it". How cool would it be if Fedor or Cro-Cop came over from Pride?

I'm on dial up right now so I didn't want to take the extra 7 minutes to load the search page, but there were no threads on the opening page. Please merge if there is already a thread on this.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 09:28 AM
I bet on Matt because of the 2/3 odds.

Great win by the St.

tbl
11/19/2006, 05:52 PM
I can't believe nobody is interested in this...

usmc-sooner
11/19/2006, 05:56 PM
I was hoping GSP would win. Hughes comes off as an ahole.

critical_phil
11/19/2006, 06:07 PM
I can't believe nobody is interested in this...

i think a lot of people are interested, i just don't think a lot of people thought it was that big of an upset.

i was going to PM GHP the other day about adding the fight to vBookie. at the time, GSP's odds were around ~+190. by fight time, it had damn near been bet down to even money.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/19/2006, 08:18 PM
4LIFE does a good GSP imitation..."I am not impressed by your performance"

Sylvia used to have some pretty decent fights, but now all he does is wait to counter. Fedor would take him out in about 20 seconds.

I dont think the money in UFC is near as good as Pride is it?

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2006, 09:55 PM
I'm interested, but I hadn't got to watch it until a little while ago and didn't want it to get spoiled.

Bring back Paul Varlens!!

tbl
11/20/2006, 01:37 AM
The money could be much better in the UFC, but I think Dana White is pretty much hording it all. It'd be really cool to see something like they have in boxing where they combined a couple of the primo fighting leagues and had a consolidated champion. Too bad it'll never happen.

I didn't realize GSP was so heavily favored. I would have figured Hughes had the numbers. Hopefully this butt whipping will put him into permanent retirement.

OU4LIFE
11/20/2006, 08:31 AM
After seeing some of the other fights that have made UFC what it is, I just can't see how you can say that was a great fight. It was fairly boring, with a LOT of stand up. I seen several fights that would rank as better.

Hughes was behind from the start. GSP looked to be the better fighter all the way around, Hughes didn't look on top of his game at all.

Redneck Silvia is just getting painful to watch anymore. " I was not impressed, with Hees preforMance"

Sooner_Bob
11/20/2006, 09:28 AM
I've got copies of UFC 1-26 or so if anyone wants to watch some real fighting. :D