PDA

View Full Version : Nebraka beats Creighton?

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 01:57 AM
I know that's got to shock royalfan.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 02:06 AM
I enjoyed every minuet of that game. I am not used to seeing a basketball team have a clue on the offensive end. That being said, NU shot 67% from the floor. It's hard to lose shooting that well, and you can't expect it everytime out, but NU might be more competitive this year than I expected. Once Doc gets some players, I think NU might finally get our first NCAA tourney win.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 02:09 AM
Let's not get crazy now.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 02:12 AM
Let's not get crazy now.
Not this year, but someday. I mean NU is bound to win a tournament game out of dumb luck once aren't they. I mean maybe we will draw a Kelvin coached team at some point.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 02:14 AM
Not this year, but someday. I mean NU is bound to win a tournament game out of dumb luck once aren't they. I mean maybe we will draw a Kelvin coached team at some point.

Unless they move Lincoln to Indiana, I don't think it's happening against a KS team.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 02:17 AM
Unless they move Lincoln to Indiana, I don't think it's happening against a KS team.
NU owned Kelvin with Barry at the helm last year, I don't want to see Kelvin try to handle an NU team that tries to play on both ends of the court.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 02:19 AM
What was Kelvin's overall record against NU again? edit: 11-5, just looked it up.

Last year was an aberration. Kelvin's a good coach. It was time for him to leave, but I'm not going to sit here and badmouth the guy for losing a team full of headcases.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 02:22 AM
What was Kelvin's overall record against NU again?

Last year was an aberration. Kelvin's a good coach. It was time for him to leave, but I'm not going to sit here and badmouth the guy for losing a team full of headcases.
and I'm not going to sit here and listen to you bad mouth the first NU coach to win his first 2 games since the 40's. Doc Sadler has done a tremendous job for an August hire and the all the injuries NU has face. We're suiting up the student manager for games for ****'s sake and we just beat a rated team. Doc can coach, and it won't be long till NU is surpassing the Danny Nee heights.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 02:26 AM
Who the hell was badmouthing your coach, man?

I was making a joke about Kelvin's problems beating teams from Indiana. I was actually kind of happy for you that you beat Creighton, particularly because you seemed so resigned to getting blown out. I was also making a joke about NU's NCAA futility.

Jesus, man. Of course NU is going to win an NCAA game one of these decades.

On reread, it appears you were joking as well.
it won't be long till NU is surpassing the Danny Nee heights. indeed.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 10:35 AM
Who the hell was badmouthing your coach, man?

I was making a joke about Kelvin's problems beating teams from Indiana. I was actually kind of happy for you that you beat Creighton, particularly because you seemed so resigned to getting blown out. I was also making a joke about NU's NCAA futility.

Jesus, man. Of course NU is going to win an NCAA game one of these decades.

On reread, it appears you were joking as well. indeed.
I was also pretty lit up last night too, do you think I wouldn't be drinking after a NU win in basketball?

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2006, 12:06 PM
All good, man. Congratulations on winning against a ranked team. Hope your head's doing OK.

royalfan5
11/19/2006, 12:20 PM
All good, man. Congratulations on winning against a ranked team. Hope your head's doing OK.
Better than my Saturday hangover anyway.

colleyvillesooner
11/19/2006, 12:58 PM
glad to see you guys worked that out. :D

Hunyock
11/19/2006, 04:22 PM
Great game last night. Now I don't have to put up listening to all those stuck up Creighton alums I work with. :D

Cam
11/19/2006, 06:11 PM
Great game last night. Now I don't have to put up listening to all those stuck up Creighton alums I work with. :D
Don't worry, they'll still be stuck up on Monday.