PDA

View Full Version : Pokes get same Ref's @ Tech as OU last year

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2006, 11:57 PM
...and they had an inadvertent whistle on a punt, that resulted in a re-punt, they lost yardage, and ****, by rule, isn't reset.

But two penalties against Tech had the Red Raiders at their own 33. They couldn't sustain a drive and had to punt.

An inadvertent whistle by referees forced Tech to repunt but the Cowboys got back none of the time.

Referee Randy Christal said the replay came because no player on either team took possession on the punt.

"Therefore, by rule, we had no choice but to go back and replay the down," he said. "You must replay the down. You do not reset the clock."

They still blew a 17 point lead in this game, just thought it was odd it was the same head ref.

Sooner_Havok
11/19/2006, 12:01 AM
I listened to the game on the TTech radio network down in Tejas, and the said they couldn't believe that the refs didn't go ahead and run that last second off the clock. They seemed put out that the refs made an accurate call.

soonerjace
11/19/2006, 02:09 AM
...and they had an inadvertent whistle on a punt, that resulted in a re-punt, they lost yardage, and ****, by rule, isn't reset.

They still blew a 17 point lead in this game, just thought it was odd it was the same head ref.

Heard it myself laughed my a$$ off:P

Flagstaffsooner
11/19/2006, 04:42 AM
Gawd, what is it with the zebras?

OU-HSV
11/19/2006, 08:28 AM
The stupid thing is that these refs will probably try to go on strike soon demanding more money for their "stressful" job.

Note to refs and booth officials: Give us a break you effin zebras, your job is not that hard and you have instant replay to back up your p*ss poor calls and you still seem like it's too hard of a job! I hope some of you refs quit and they bring in some peewee football refs next year 'cause they'd do a better job than your sorry asses.
THE END

soonerjoker
11/19/2006, 09:52 AM
you know that's not true.

bluedogok
11/19/2006, 01:00 PM
Randy Cristal is from the Austin area, my wife knows him from the time that she was an official down here. His nickname among the group was "The Peacock" because he strutted around like one. I guess he is a wannabe Ed Hockuli.

snp
11/19/2006, 01:38 PM
How dare you speak ill of the great Ed Hochuli!

GrapevineSooner
11/19/2006, 02:27 PM
Ed Hercules.

He's actually my favorite ref because of his ability to explain why a particular complex call was made.

Especially after video reviews of plays.

MamaMia
11/19/2006, 02:40 PM
Those older refs need to be sent on their way. When I'm actually at a game, it amazes me how many of the older refs don't even have the speed to get out of the way.

bluedogok
11/19/2006, 10:36 PM
I wasn't making fun of Hochuli, just Cristal. It is forbidden for Hochuli to use as few words as possible since he is an attorney by day. Being concise is not an option for them.

snp
11/20/2006, 01:19 AM
There is nothing concise about Ed - espically not his guns!

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah...Those old bastards need to go. At the very least they need to be required to undergo vision, fitness, and athleticism tests, all of which overlap. What I mean by that is they need a vision test conducted while running or a heart test while running and dodging a linebacker.