PDA

View Full Version : Brian Britt

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:49 AM
Wish I could say the same. After reading this thread and your responses, you sound like an officious pr*ck and a fella that'd take an effort not to thump in the skull.

Well, don't hold a grudge your whole life, man. If saying sorry helps, I'm sorry, but I doubt it does.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:49 AM
Wish I could say the same. After reading this thread and your responses, you sound like an officious pr*ck and a fella that'd take an effort not to thump in the skull.

Well, don't hold a grudge your whole life, man. If saying sorry helps, I'm sorry, but I doubt it does.

Jimminy Crimson
11/21/2006, 01:50 AM
You can probably understand how Pride alumni and die-hard fans would get defensive when something they used to enjoy as part of their football experience is being run into the ground.

:O

Jimminy Crimson
11/21/2006, 01:50 AM
You can probably understand how Pride alumni and die-hard fans would get defensive when something they used to enjoy as part of their football experience is being run into the ground.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:51 AM
Heh. Slight mis-understanding. I was the soloist in 2001. However, I was not in the 2003 Pride - that was PrideTrombone.But I was.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:51 AM
Heh. Slight mis-understanding. I was the soloist in 2001. However, I was not in the 2003 Pride - that was PrideTrombone.But I was.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:53 AM
Now comes the healing part of the thread.

We all love the Pride, and we all want what's best for it. Plus some of us hate that waving wheat crap while others defend it.

feel the love?

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:53 AM

We all love the Pride, and we all want what's best for it. Plus some of us hate that waving wheat crap while others defend it.

feel the love?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:54 AM

If that's where you think the program is going, I can see that, but try not to ignore the positive things about The Pride and this University. We still have a great team to support and (whether you think it or not) a pretty damn good band to listen to.

gyrocaps

If that's where you think the program is going, I can see that, but try not to ignore the positive things about The Pride and this University. We still have a great team to support and (whether you think it or not) a pretty damn good band to listen to.

Tulsa_Fireman
I felt something.

Then I got slapped and sued.

Tulsa_Fireman
I felt something.

proud gonzo

feel the love?bite me :P

proud gonzo

feel the love?bite me :P

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:55 AM

feel the love?

Let's kiss, yo.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:55 AM

feel the love?

Let's kiss, yo.

Jimminy Crimson
11/21/2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WACGqU0jcio

Jimminy Crimson
11/21/2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WACGqU0jcio

Zing
11/21/2006, 01:57 AM
Noted, for sure. I didn't expect my remarks to be taken well. In fact, I phrased them in a way that they had no chance.

Woah, woah, let me translate that:

Noted, for sure. I'm a troll.

fixed! (I'm a pride member as well, but for heaven's sake, boy, 90% of of the pride members on here are just... sad.)

Zing
Noted, for sure. I didn't expect my remarks to be taken well. In fact, I phrased them in a way that they had no chance.

Woah, woah, let me translate that:

Noted, for sure. I'm a troll.

fixed! (I'm a pride member as well, but for heaven's sake, boy, 90% of of the pride members on here are just... sad.)

cofCtuba
I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person,

Brian Britt is not a good man.

And are you going to answer the question about tubas? I'd still like to know why you think that.

cofCtuba
I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person,

And are you going to answer the question about tubas? I'd still like to know why you think that.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:58 AM
I felt something.

Heh, word!

Bite Me :P

I certainly will not :D

Sooner_Havok
I felt something.

Heh, word!

Bite Me :P

I certainly will not :D

gyrocaps
Haha, you guys aren't so bad afterall. euph_jay doesn't think we can all still be friends. I disagree with him. When we all getting drunk together?

gyrocaps
Haha, you guys aren't so bad afterall. euph_jay doesn't think we can all still be friends. I disagree with him. When we all getting drunk together?

Ike
11/21/2006, 02:00 AM
bite me :P
ok...which acre? /ducking :P

Ike
bite me :P
ok...which acre? /ducking :P

Sooner_Havok
Night folks, try and get this thread to 1000 by morning! I have to be at classics day at about 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Sooner_Havok
Night folks, try and get this thread to 1000 by morning! I have to be at classics day at about 8:30 tomorrow morning.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:02 AM

I had a childhood trauma with the tubas.

My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap. They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine. They also treat my section like crap, which gets annoying. On a personal level, I have some really close friends in the Tuba section, but as a whole, I've just never really liked their attitude (the me-first I'm better than you and know more than you stuff).

My statements were a generalization (and an invalid one, as most generalizations are), but I definitely showed my prejudice.

gyrocaps

My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap. They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine. They also treat my section like crap, which gets annoying. On a personal level, I have some really close friends in the Tuba section, but as a whole, I've just never really liked their attitude (the me-first I'm better than you and know more than you stuff).

My statements were a generalization (and an invalid one, as most generalizations are), but I definitely showed my prejudice.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
why would i go to north texas?

edit: i'll be nice to our newbs

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
why would i go to north texas?

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 02:04 AM

You give us a chance and we are very personable people. Cross us however and you will wake up with a horse's head laying next to you ;)

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 02:04 AM

You give us a chance and we are very personable people. Cross us however and you will wake up with a horse's head laying next to you ;)

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:05 AM

I swear I'm an OK guy too, regardless of how I portrayed myself earlier in this thread. No one likes to make enemies, right?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:05 AM

I swear I'm an OK guy too, regardless of how I portrayed myself earlier in this thread. No one likes to make enemies, right?

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 02:06 AM

Ahh, is jkm getting soft? :D

Ok, now I really need to go to bed

Sooner_Havok

Ahh, is jkm getting soft? :D

Ok, now I really need to go to bed

Ike

you are obviously new to this board.

Ike

apusooner
11/21/2006, 02:07 AM
man, it took me 45 minutes to read from the last page i posted on, and now everyone is being nice and stuff. i didnt get a chance to burn anyone.

apusooner
man, it took me 45 minutes to read from the last page i posted on, and now everyone is being nice and stuff. i didnt get a chance to burn anyone.

gyrocaps

My post count agrees.

gyrocaps

My post count agrees.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 02:08 AM
man, it took me 45 minutes to read from the last page i posted on, and now everyone is being nice and stuff. i didnt get a chance to burn anyone.hell, don't let that stop you! ;)

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 02:08 AM
man, it took me 45 minutes to read from the last page i posted on, and now everyone is being nice and stuff. i didnt get a chance to burn anyone.hell, don't let that stop you! ;)

PhxSooner
11/21/2006, 02:09 AM
You snooze, you lose. I started talking flag corps smack five or six pages ago...:D

PhxSooner
You snooze, you lose. I started talking flag corps smack five or six pages ago...:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
you seem a decent fellow, i hate to bane you

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
you seem a decent fellow, i hate to bane you

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 02:10 AM
you seem a decent fellow, i hate to bane youyou seem a decent fellow, I hate to be baned.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 02:10 AM
you seem a decent fellow, i hate to bane youyou seem a decent fellow, I hate to be baned.

apusooner
11/21/2006, 02:11 AM
yeah, i went to jazz band concert that alot of my friends were in. it was 2 hours long. I've never heard a college jazz band play channel 1 suite before. it was awesome.

apusooner
11/21/2006, 02:11 AM
yeah, i went to jazz band concert that alot of my friends were in. it was 2 hours long. I've never heard a college jazz band play channel 1 suite before. it was awesome.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:12 AM
Alright, I'm going to bed. Maybe we'll get some football arguments going sometime.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:12 AM
Alright, I'm going to bed. Maybe we'll get some football arguments going sometime.

JordlePrideTuba
11/21/2006, 02:13 AM
My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap. They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine.

True. V:)V

They also treat my section like crap, which gets annoying.

I didn't think a couple mean-spirited bus songs really did that much damage, but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

JordlePrideTuba
My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap. They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine.

True. V:)V

I didn't think a couple mean-spirited bus songs really did that much damage, but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

PhxSooner
You're a better person than me. I'd go to jazz band concerts and stare at the ceiling in Holmberg. Those concerts were torture in those old seats.

PhxSooner
You're a better person than me. I'd go to jazz band concerts and stare at the ceiling in Holmberg. Those concerts were torture in those old seats.

cofCtuba
That sucks.

My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap.

Example?

They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine.

I never did that, but I can't speak for all of the tubas.

Like when we sang "I know a section that nobody ever hears, I know a section that nobody ever hears, I know a section that nobody ever hears, they're called the baritones" to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic" on the bus?

On a personal level, I have some really close friends in the Tuba section, but as a whole, I've just never really liked their attitude (the me-first I'm better than you and know more than you stuff).

We definitely are buttholes a lot, usually it's in fun though.

cofCtuba
That sucks.

My humble opinion is that the Tubas like to stir up crap.

Example?

They play overly loud and sound like crap on a regular basis. When a director comes and tells them to stop, they get defensive and whine.

Like when we sang "I know a section that nobody ever hears, I know a section that nobody ever hears, I know a section that nobody ever hears, they're called the baritones" to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic" on the bus?

On a personal level, I have some really close friends in the Tuba section, but as a whole, I've just never really liked their attitude (the me-first I'm better than you and know more than you stuff).

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:14 AM
Before I go, euph_jay wants me to let everyone know that he thinks the only good that came from this thread is knowing that Coach had weight requirements for colorguard members. He says he's envisioning a new reality show "Pride's Biggest Loser." He's also a big ******.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:14 AM
Before I go, euph_jay wants me to let everyone know that he thinks the only good that came from this thread is knowing that Coach had weight requirements for colorguard members. He says he's envisioning a new reality show "Pride's Biggest Loser." He's also a big ******.

Ike
11/21/2006, 02:17 AM

nobody wants to see band geeks on TV :texan:

Ike
11/21/2006, 02:17 AM

nobody wants to see band geeks on TV :texan:

apusooner
11/21/2006, 02:18 AM
i know the feeling. this band is about as close to a pro band as you can get, so it was fun to listen to. good mix of classics and contemporary.

apusooner
11/21/2006, 02:18 AM
i know the feeling. this band is about as close to a pro band as you can get, so it was fun to listen to. good mix of classics and contemporary.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:20 AM
That sucks.

Example?

Example? FireBrianBritt.com maybe?

The crappy sounding ones aren't the majority, but they kinda ruin it for everybody sometimes. I will say, though, some of them are extremely talented.

That would be one of the times, yeah. I know that the original intent of that whole back and forth thing was just joking, but you gotta understand that it gets old.

Everybody can be a butthole sometimes, but I don't hold grudges.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 02:20 AM
That sucks.

Example?

The crappy sounding ones aren't the majority, but they kinda ruin it for everybody sometimes. I will say, though, some of them are extremely talented.

That would be one of the times, yeah. I know that the original intent of that whole back and forth thing was just joking, but you gotta understand that it gets old.

Everybody can be a butthole sometimes, but I don't hold grudges.

soonerboomer93
11/21/2006, 02:21 AM
But I was.

ha ha, band geek ;)

soonerboomer93
11/21/2006, 02:21 AM
But I was.

ha ha, band geek ;)

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 02:36 AM
wow. things escalated in a hurry - but now stop waving the wheat

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 02:36 AM
wow. things escalated in a hurry - but now stop waving the wheat

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 02:42 AM
3) No, I'm pretty sure the Pride itself just did it naturally. No one ever said (especially not a Director) that we were to wave our arms during that specific cadence. It fits the cadence and it was more than likely something that originated in the drumline.

Just for the record, you can't play an instrument on the drumline and wave the wheat at the same time. ;)

Maybe a little late in the thread, but I had to get that in there.

Carry on.

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 02:42 AM
3) No, I'm pretty sure the Pride itself just did it naturally. No one ever said (especially not a Director) that we were to wave our arms during that specific cadence. It fits the cadence and it was more than likely something that originated in the drumline.

Just for the record, you can't play an instrument on the drumline and wave the wheat at the same time. ;)

Carry on.

cofCtuba
11/21/2006, 02:45 AM

firebrianbritt.com is not "crap." You may not have meant to use the word like that though.

cofCtuba
11/21/2006, 02:45 AM

firebrianbritt.com is not "crap." You may not have meant to use the word like that though.

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 03:11 AM
Just for the record, the Pride is having a practice on Friday night before the game. They are re-learning a show they've done twice this year already.

Just thought you guys would like to know that you'll be seeing the same thing again.

I was a member for the last 3 years of the Pride and happily decided not to try-out again this year. The "waving wheat" **** started last year. I hate it. Even more so than ruining "The Immigrant Song" with that "OOoooooooU" crap.

I can definitely see the other directors coming up into the crowd to confront Dolemite. These guys will do anything to keep people from saying anything negative about Brian Britt. They are like the "Gestapo" of the Pride of Oklahoma

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 03:11 AM
Just for the record, the Pride is having a practice on Friday night before the game. They are re-learning a show they've done twice this year already.

Just thought you guys would like to know that you'll be seeing the same thing again.

I was a member for the last 3 years of the Pride and happily decided not to try-out again this year. The "waving wheat" **** started last year. I hate it. Even more so than ruining "The Immigrant Song" with that "OOoooooooU" crap.

I can definitely see the other directors coming up into the crowd to confront Dolemite. These guys will do anything to keep people from saying anything negative about Brian Britt. They are like the "Gestapo" of the Pride of Oklahoma

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:53 AM

Heaven forbid the Pride have an easy week and perform a clean show with the thanksgiving break and finals coming up.

I must say that the Pride is really sad to lose members with such great attitudes as yourself. So apparently now we have ruined the Immigrant Song as well? What are your thoughts on the Home of the Sooners yell? Did we ruin William Tell also? Uh oh...I just realized that we STOLE our fight song from other schools. Guess we ruined Boola Boola as well. Get over it.

You should go back and test your reading comprehension. The directors were minding their own business going to the concessions when Dolemite came up and confronted them. None of the directors would seek fans out without being provoked initially.

Oh yeah, peace, love, and harmony from here on out. I forgot. ;)

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:53 AM

Heaven forbid the Pride have an easy week and perform a clean show with the thanksgiving break and finals coming up.

I must say that the Pride is really sad to lose members with such great attitudes as yourself. So apparently now we have ruined the Immigrant Song as well? What are your thoughts on the Home of the Sooners yell? Did we ruin William Tell also? Uh oh...I just realized that we STOLE our fight song from other schools. Guess we ruined Boola Boola as well. Get over it.

You should go back and test your reading comprehension. The directors were minding their own business going to the concessions when Dolemite came up and confronted them. None of the directors would seek fans out without being provoked initially.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:55 AM

Carry on.

May the "backbone" of the Pride live on. Something bigger and better...:rolleyes:

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:55 AM

Carry on.

May the "backbone" of the Pride live on. Something bigger and better...:rolleyes:

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:57 AM

No, trust me. If gyro typed it then he definately meant it. Seriously though...like a big steamy pile of turds. That kind of crap.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:57 AM

No, trust me. If gyro typed it then he definately meant it. Seriously though...like a big steamy pile of turds. That kind of crap.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 04:09 AM
One positive note:

I think will all have to agree that the Pride has one bad-arse feature twirler.

I heard a rumor that it was actually Chuck Long and not Brian Britt that recruited her to come to OU. :)

euphjay
11/21/2006, 04:09 AM
One positive note:

I heard a rumor that it was actually Chuck Long and not Brian Britt that recruited her to come to OU. :)

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 08:07 AM
I go to sleep and this turns into a love-fest?

The Pride, in it's current state, still sucks.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 08:07 AM
I go to sleep and this turns into a love-fest?

The Pride, in it's current state, still sucks.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 08:41 AM
wait, hurrican'ebone is Oklahoma Trombone?

Well **** me.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 08:41 AM
wait, hurrican'ebone is Oklahoma Trombone?

Well **** me.

hurricane'bone
11/21/2006, 09:17 AM
heh.

SURPRISE!

hurricane'bone
11/21/2006, 09:17 AM
heh.

SURPRISE!

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 09:41 AM
:D

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 09:41 AM

Ash
11/21/2006, 09:46 AM
Have to give it up to the band geeks. They know how to mix it up on teh innerweb boards.

If only we could find a way to get them to talk about football in the football forum...hmm...

Ash
11/21/2006, 09:46 AM
Have to give it up to the band geeks. They know how to mix it up on teh innerweb boards.

If only we could find a way to get them to talk about football in the football forum...hmm...

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 10:10 AM

I was going to let this whole thread go and see how stupid it could get, but I saw that some 'pride' members were trying to point to the OUDL as the root of the cause.

For a while the OUDL tried to come up with a kick-off groove to play while waiting for the TV-time-out-guy to get off the field. Experiments with Disturbed and Poison failed. Apparently they have hit upon something and decided to run with it. The fact that the bandos invented a dance to go with it is out of their hands. The simple solution would be stop playing the groove but I wouldnt want nor expect them to do that.... the OUDL I knew would play whatever they damn well please whenever they damn well please (excepting when the BigXII would occasionally crack down and threaten the football team with a penalty).

Folks, lets keep the focus where it should be and not on the heart of the organization. As for current bandos, dont you DARE throw the OUDL under the bus on this one. :mad:

Their heart is unparalleled,
their committment is unquestioned,
and their energy is unrivaled.

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 10:10 AM

I was going to let this whole thread go and see how stupid it could get, but I saw that some 'pride' members were trying to point to the OUDL as the root of the cause.

For a while the OUDL tried to come up with a kick-off groove to play while waiting for the TV-time-out-guy to get off the field. Experiments with Disturbed and Poison failed. Apparently they have hit upon something and decided to run with it. The fact that the bandos invented a dance to go with it is out of their hands. The simple solution would be stop playing the groove but I wouldnt want nor expect them to do that.... the OUDL I knew would play whatever they damn well please whenever they damn well please (excepting when the BigXII would occasionally crack down and threaten the football team with a penalty).

Folks, lets keep the focus where it should be and not on the heart of the organization. As for current bandos, dont you DARE throw the OUDL under the bus on this one. :mad:

Their heart is unparalleled,
their committment is unquestioned,
and their energy is unrivaled.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 10:43 AM
Then you should tell your girlfriend PhxSooner to not reference a recording as her evidence that the Pride was louder. If she says they were louder, I have no reason to doubt her, either. I'm just not terribly concerned with the volume of the Pride.

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.

See the problem is you know you sound good....but no one else does. It's like in high school when you was sitting in your room practicing that trombone and you saw a picture of that sexy *** homecoming queen in the year book...and you thought...I could **** her seven ways and sideways, but one problem..she didn't know your name and no clue to what you could since you was still an 18 year old virgin. This argument is stupid though, seemingly the only way you are going to believe the pride isn't as loud is if Bill and Ted zap down in their phone booth or Marty McFly zooms in his Delorean and flies you to Norman....And hell even then you would say something like "Yeah they are loud but the environment is alot worse now haven't you seen Al Gore's DocuDrama!!!" The fact of the matter is that you imply that Britt is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I mean seriously who says something like "He is the most honest,decent human being on earth" I mean seriously just come out as gay and ask Brian out on date. I don't mind defending the guy but there is enough witnesses here to assail his Mohatma Ghandi status that you have bestowed upon him.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 10:43 AM
Then you should tell your girlfriend PhxSooner to not reference a recording as her evidence that the Pride was louder. If she says they were louder, I have no reason to doubt her, either. I'm just not terribly concerned with the volume of the Pride.

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.

See the problem is you know you sound good....but no one else does. It's like in high school when you was sitting in your room practicing that trombone and you saw a picture of that sexy *** homecoming queen in the year book...and you thought...I could **** her seven ways and sideways, but one problem..she didn't know your name and no clue to what you could since you was still an 18 year old virgin. This argument is stupid though, seemingly the only way you are going to believe the pride isn't as loud is if Bill and Ted zap down in their phone booth or Marty McFly zooms in his Delorean and flies you to Norman....And hell even then you would say something like "Yeah they are loud but the environment is alot worse now haven't you seen Al Gore's DocuDrama!!!" The fact of the matter is that you imply that Britt is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I mean seriously who says something like "He is the most honest,decent human being on earth" I mean seriously just come out as gay and ask Brian out on date. I don't mind defending the guy but there is enough witnesses here to assail his Mohatma Ghandi status that you have bestowed upon him.

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:49 AM

Your wrong ...Jackoffasuaruas...I yelled brain britt sucks as they were walking up the ramp. This has nothing to do with them. But being the britt *** kissers they are they decided to mouth something about me being an ***. They took it to the next level. I followed the to the stand to talk to them and denied saying anything. When many people who were in the section clearly saw them.

They asked me If I was trying to intimadate them. I said no. Then I thought about it for a minute and walked away as they were calling me to come back.

Its clear to me that your and these guys are *** kissers. Most people would laugh if someone said something about there boss, but ohh no these are the brownnosers of the oklahoma pride

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:49 AM

Your wrong ...Jackoffasuaruas...I yelled brain britt sucks as they were walking up the ramp. This has nothing to do with them. But being the britt *** kissers they are they decided to mouth something about me being an ***. They took it to the next level. I followed the to the stand to talk to them and denied saying anything. When many people who were in the section clearly saw them.

They asked me If I was trying to intimadate them. I said no. Then I thought about it for a minute and walked away as they were calling me to come back.

Its clear to me that your and these guys are *** kissers. Most people would laugh if someone said something about there boss, but ohh no these are the brownnosers of the oklahoma pride

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:51 AM
The only pile of crap here is the guy with 4 posts here to defend a ****ing guy who is leting poke **** be added to our games

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:51 AM
The only pile of crap here is the guy with 4 posts here to defend a ****ing guy who is leting poke **** be added to our games

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 10:53 AM
Dear God,

It's me CVS. Again, please let me sit near the band at the OSU game.

Thanks again,

CVS

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 10:53 AM
Dear God,

It's me CVS. Again, please let me sit near the band at the OSU game.

Thanks again,

CVS

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:54 AM

I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person, I love the Pride and I love OU. You can probably understand how Pride members would get defensive when something they devote so much time to is being minimalized.
Yeah I'll bet you like to do other things with Mr. britt too....*** kisser

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:54 AM

I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person, I love the Pride and I love OU. You can probably understand how Pride members would get defensive when something they devote so much time to is being minimalized.
Yeah I'll bet you like to do other things with Mr. britt too....*** kisser

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 10:57 AM
Also the lack of maturity of verbally getting into it with an OU fan is beyond stupid. You guys have managed to attack two of the nicest people on this board in GHP and Dolemite and that makes your dumb asses in my book. You look at the posters on this board with over say 2,000 post and you will notice something interesting..ALOT of them have instruments in their names...why....because they hate the Pride? NO Because they were in the pride and they put in the practice and same time if not more than you guys for the Pride of Oklahoma. Over at OUInsider they would probably go tell you to go **** yourself because they dont' care about the band. But this board is highly Pro-Pride!! We just want it back to when it was say 2000...we are playing Nebraska in a loud packed house...the crowd is at a deafening roar and yet over this loud roar...you hear the beginnings of the greatest fight song in the country, now you can call it bias or what not but we are playing like Middle Tennessee St now and you have to wait for the crowd to die down to hear Boomer Sooner. That's not second hand, that's an opinion on an observation...I can remember a time we were so loud and annoying that an announcer said "How many times are they going to play Boomer Sooner" Also...don't get on facebook unless you want people to find you

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 10:57 AM
Also the lack of maturity of verbally getting into it with an OU fan is beyond stupid. You guys have managed to attack two of the nicest people on this board in GHP and Dolemite and that makes your dumb asses in my book. You look at the posters on this board with over say 2,000 post and you will notice something interesting..ALOT of them have instruments in their names...why....because they hate the Pride? NO Because they were in the pride and they put in the practice and same time if not more than you guys for the Pride of Oklahoma. Over at OUInsider they would probably go tell you to go **** yourself because they dont' care about the band. But this board is highly Pro-Pride!! We just want it back to when it was say 2000...we are playing Nebraska in a loud packed house...the crowd is at a deafening roar and yet over this loud roar...you hear the beginnings of the greatest fight song in the country, now you can call it bias or what not but we are playing like Middle Tennessee St now and you have to wait for the crowd to die down to hear Boomer Sooner. That's not second hand, that's an opinion on an observation...I can remember a time we were so loud and annoying that an announcer said "How many times are they going to play Boomer Sooner" Also...don't get on facebook unless you want people to find you

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:59 AM
Gawd, my little thread has more posts than I do. My little boy has grown up and become a man!
Yeah we need to delete it so the brian britt **** suckers who love to do the waving wheat and play their ****ing reed insturments will go away

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 10:59 AM
Gawd, my little thread has more posts than I do. My little boy has grown up and become a man!
Yeah we need to delete it so the brian britt **** suckers who love to do the waving wheat and play their ****ing reed insturments will go away

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 11:00 AM
I love you:D

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 11:00 AM
I love you:D

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 11:07 AM
yeah, but do you know him in the biblical sense of the word, like gyro?
I am a genius.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 11:07 AM
yeah, but do you know him in the biblical sense of the word, like gyro?
I am a genius.

sooner n houston
11/21/2006, 11:13 AM
I can't belive I read the WHOLE THING!!! :D Now, how do I get my hour back?? :D

sooner n houston
11/21/2006, 11:13 AM
I can't belive I read the WHOLE THING!!! :D Now, how do I get my hour back?? :D

sooneron
11/21/2006, 11:42 AM
I still want to know, can Jews hear music better or something? I never got a clarification on it and my Jewish wife gave me a WTF? look.

sooneron
11/21/2006, 11:42 AM
I still want to know, can Jews hear music better or something? I never got a clarification on it and my Jewish wife gave me a WTF? look.

yermom
11/21/2006, 11:45 AM
just don't let her hatch any eggs :eek:

yermom
11/21/2006, 11:45 AM

sooneron
11/21/2006, 11:50 AM
too late!!

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4175/babyholtbc1.jpg

sooneron
11/21/2006, 11:50 AM
too late!!

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4175/babyholtbc1.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 11:51 AM
The funniest part is that I know at least one of the band GA's combs this board like he has nothing better to do. It's almost as if there AREN'T things he could do to make the Pride better, or as if Baylor's bands WOULDN'T have embarassed the Pride yesterday. So, to him, I'd like to say "HI!"

After working yesterday, I couldn't post...

Baylor band pwned the pride definitely. I was around when a pepband could outplay anything on the field. Not so now...

Brian, pride GA and the pride trollie...Go hire Baylor's arranger. They have some fine music and they sounded good.

That is all.

P.S. In section S, I missed Dolemite... But the guy from Fort Hood yelling for Heisman for Paul and for Gut-eee to run was awesome. The Mrs and I thanked him.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 11:51 AM
The funniest part is that I know at least one of the band GA's combs this board like he has nothing better to do. It's almost as if there AREN'T things he could do to make the Pride better, or as if Baylor's bands WOULDN'T have embarassed the Pride yesterday. So, to him, I'd like to say "HI!"

After working yesterday, I couldn't post...

Baylor band pwned the pride definitely. I was around when a pepband could outplay anything on the field. Not so now...

Brian, pride GA and the pride trollie...Go hire Baylor's arranger. They have some fine music and they sounded good.

That is all.

P.S. In section S, I missed Dolemite... But the guy from Fort Hood yelling for Heisman for Paul and for Gut-eee to run was awesome. The Mrs and I thanked him.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 11:59 AM
Just for clarification.

The Pride does the "wheat" thing BEFORE it does the standard OOOOOOO-U with finger in the air tradition.

Either some of you are too stupid and blinded by your hate to realize this or you don't actually attend games and like to complain about stuff you haven't actually seen.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about whether the wheat waving thing is stupid, but don't think that the Pride is doing it in place of the OOOOO-U finger in the air. It is just augmented before it. Carry on.

Hey nooby!

Get a clue. OU and any supporting group never has done and should never do anything REMOTELY associated with aggy opr aggy lite. If you are, stop the hell what you are doing!!!

That is all!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 11:59 AM
Just for clarification.

The Pride does the "wheat" thing BEFORE it does the standard OOOOOOO-U with finger in the air tradition.

Either some of you are too stupid and blinded by your hate to realize this or you don't actually attend games and like to complain about stuff you haven't actually seen.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about whether the wheat waving thing is stupid, but don't think that the Pride is doing it in place of the OOOOO-U finger in the air. It is just augmented before it. Carry on.

Hey nooby!

Get a clue. OU and any supporting group never has done and should never do anything REMOTELY associated with aggy opr aggy lite. If you are, stop the hell what you are doing!!!

That is all!

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:08 PM
Doleywoley. So do you still deny the fact that the directors to you to "have some class" and not "don't be an ***"?

Did you really think that yelling "Brian Britt sucks" at them wouldn't solicite a response? If so, then I stand by my remarks earlier I made about you.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:08 PM
Doleywoley. So do you still deny the fact that the directors to you to "have some class" and not "don't be an ***"?

Did you really think that yelling "Brian Britt sucks" at them wouldn't solicite a response? If so, then I stand by my remarks earlier I made about you.

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 12:11 PM

Come on man! That's the best you got? Sounds like someone's got a case of penis envy. :texan:

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 12:11 PM

Come on man! That's the best you got? Sounds like someone's got a case of penis envy. :texan:

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:12 PM

Man you are cute when you are angry. ;)

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:12 PM

Man you are cute when you are angry. ;)

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:14 PM

Nope just taking the words from the DL out of the OU Daily a while back. I do have to hand it to them though. They are much better this year then they have been in recent years.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:14 PM

Nope just taking the words from the DL out of the OU Daily a while back. I do have to hand it to them though. They are much better this year then they have been in recent years.

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 12:20 PM

Oh, you're right. You got me with your superior intellect, and your personal attacks have advanced this thread more than anyone can measure.

CrimsonandCreamForever
11/21/2006, 12:20 PM

Oh, you're right. You got me with your superior intellect, and your personal attacks have advanced this thread more than anyone can measure.

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 12:21 PM
Heaven forbid the Pride have an easy week and perform a clean show with the thanksgiving break and finals coming up.The only time, in my three years, that we played a show more than twice was for a bowl game. Now, you're playing the same song for a third freakin' time, and it is still the regular season. What happens if Texas loses, and we beat oSu? Do we have to hear the same damn show TWO more times for the Big XII Championship and the bowl game? No, you don't deserve an easy week. Finals aren't for another 3 weeks. You should have spent all of last week learning a new show instead of taking a day off b/c it was too cold. Boofreakinhoo. Quit being complacent and learn a new show!

So apparently now we have ruined the Immigrant Song as well?Yep, and no one sings it right. Even on the written music, they have it written out right, yet no one sings the low note. For that reason, if you don't have the respect to learn the old song that you are ruining, then you don't have the right to ruin it.

You should go back and test your reading comprehension. The directors were minding their own business going to the concessions when Dolemite came up and confronted them. None of the directors would seek fans out without being provoked initially.It looks like Dolemite backed up what I said. I guess I read purdy good.

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 12:21 PM
Heaven forbid the Pride have an easy week and perform a clean show with the thanksgiving break and finals coming up.The only time, in my three years, that we played a show more than twice was for a bowl game. Now, you're playing the same song for a third freakin' time, and it is still the regular season. What happens if Texas loses, and we beat oSu? Do we have to hear the same damn show TWO more times for the Big XII Championship and the bowl game? No, you don't deserve an easy week. Finals aren't for another 3 weeks. You should have spent all of last week learning a new show instead of taking a day off b/c it was too cold. Boofreakinhoo. Quit being complacent and learn a new show!

So apparently now we have ruined the Immigrant Song as well?Yep, and no one sings it right. Even on the written music, they have it written out right, yet no one sings the low note. For that reason, if you don't have the respect to learn the old song that you are ruining, then you don't have the right to ruin it.

You should go back and test your reading comprehension. The directors were minding their own business going to the concessions when Dolemite came up and confronted them. None of the directors would seek fans out without being provoked initially.It looks like Dolemite backed up what I said. I guess I read purdy good.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:23 PM

As with you my friend.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:23 PM

As with you my friend.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphjay
So apparently now we have ruined the Immigrant Song as well?

Yep, and no one sings it right. Even on the written music, they have it written out right, yet no one sings the low note. For that reason, if you don't have the respect to learn the old song that you are ruining, then you don't have the right to ruin it.

So you want us to sing it exactly like the original with the low note (that NO ONE would be able to hear) just to keep it authentic? Gotcha.

Anytime the Pride plays an arrangement of a song it is going to be different than the original. You have got to get over it.

I'm pretty sure Zepelin wouldn't give a crap so neither should you.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:32 PM
Quote:

Yep, and no one sings it right. Even on the written music, they have it written out right, yet no one sings the low note. For that reason, if you don't have the respect to learn the old song that you are ruining, then you don't have the right to ruin it.

So you want us to sing it exactly like the original with the low note (that NO ONE would be able to hear) just to keep it authentic? Gotcha.

Anytime the Pride plays an arrangement of a song it is going to be different than the original. You have got to get over it.

I'm pretty sure Zepelin wouldn't give a crap so neither should you.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 12:33 PM
I don't necessarily want that style of band, Scott, and I don't think that would go over well with our fanbase.

What I think we need is:

1. Precision marching. Simple, complex, whatever-just keep it together and hit your marks.
2. Unified sound. I'd like it to sound like everyone's on the same page most of the time.
3. POWER. I should be able to hear the marching band playing "Boomer Sooner" while we're still celebrating a game-winning TD and NOT because the crowd is sitting on their hands. I should be able to hear "William Tell" over the crowd noise during kickoffs. I want to hear the band chanting "Beat the HuskerssssBEAT the HuskerssssBEAT the Huskers" over a syncopated rhythm. I can't BE at the game, and I want those guys to provide me a more immersive experience from 2500 miles away.

Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind it...I was hoping we would play FAMU, so I could go to Florida and watch the Rattler's band....

Uhmmm, Does the pride still play OK Oklahoma after the PAT? I couldn't hear it at Baylor. I liked how we would hold a note (softly) through the PAT attempt and then continue into OK Oklahoma after the PAT. A little celebration.

Oh, Mrs THA says Brian is a "band geek" and wishes she would have heard Dolemite do his yell... Brian is turning the pride GAs and subdirectors into little band nazi's ala Funky Winkerbean...

TheHumanAlphabet
I don't necessarily want that style of band, Scott, and I don't think that would go over well with our fanbase.

What I think we need is:

1. Precision marching. Simple, complex, whatever-just keep it together and hit your marks.
2. Unified sound. I'd like it to sound like everyone's on the same page most of the time.
3. POWER. I should be able to hear the marching band playing "Boomer Sooner" while we're still celebrating a game-winning TD and NOT because the crowd is sitting on their hands. I should be able to hear "William Tell" over the crowd noise during kickoffs. I want to hear the band chanting "Beat the HuskerssssBEAT the HuskerssssBEAT the Huskers" over a syncopated rhythm. I can't BE at the game, and I want those guys to provide me a more immersive experience from 2500 miles away.

Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind it...I was hoping we would play FAMU, so I could go to Florida and watch the Rattler's band....

Uhmmm, Does the pride still play OK Oklahoma after the PAT? I couldn't hear it at Baylor. I liked how we would hold a note (softly) through the PAT attempt and then continue into OK Oklahoma after the PAT. A little celebration.

Oh, Mrs THA says Brian is a "band geek" and wishes she would have heard Dolemite do his yell... Brian is turning the pride GAs and subdirectors into little band nazi's ala Funky Winkerbean...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
One positive note:

oh no, did she fall out of a pickup truck too?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
One positive note:

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 12:35 PM
Shouldn't be long now.

colleyvillesooner
Shouldn't be long now.

euphjay

euphjay

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:37 PM
I hate to run guys but I have a Signals and Systems test in about 30 min. I'm pretty sure the Inverse Fourier Transforms are going to kick my arse. Wish my luck!

Don't worry...I shall return later! Toodles. :cool:

euphjay
11/21/2006, 12:37 PM
I hate to run guys but I have a Signals and Systems test in about 30 min. I'm pretty sure the Inverse Fourier Transforms are going to kick my arse. Wish my luck!

Don't worry...I shall return later! Toodles. :cool:

oklaclarinet
11/21/2006, 12:39 PM

So are you suggesting that we get rid of Roland Barrett? Why would OU get rid of the arranger who has been there since the 80s?

I would venture to guess that most of Baylor's music was probably stock arrangements, although I don't know for sure, so no one quote me on that. My only clue was that they played a lot of John Williams in the stands, and outside people aren't allowed to arrange John Williams music.

oklaclarinet
11/21/2006, 12:39 PM

So are you suggesting that we get rid of Roland Barrett? Why would OU get rid of the arranger who has been there since the 80s?

I would venture to guess that most of Baylor's music was probably stock arrangements, although I don't know for sure, so no one quote me on that. My only clue was that they played a lot of John Williams in the stands, and outside people aren't allowed to arrange John Williams music.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:40 PM
hey beans, i wonder if he has coshin teetaa as his prof?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
hey beans, i wonder if he has coshin teetaa as his prof?

Soonerborn03
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Zepelin wouldn't give a crap so neither should you.So, I come up with a thought-filled post with 3 different sections, and all I get is "get over it"? 'Tis Bullsheet!

Soonerborn03
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Zepelin wouldn't give a crap so neither should you.So, I come up with a thought-filled post with 3 different sections, and all I get is "get over it"? 'Tis Bullsheet!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:43 PM
So, I come up with a thought-filled post with 3 different sections, and all I get is "get over it"? 'Tis Bullsheet!

uh, your in a pride thread. did you expect him to bust out in haiku?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:43 PM
So, I come up with a thought-filled post with 3 different sections, and all I get is "get over it"? 'Tis Bullsheet!

uh, your in a pride thread. did you expect him to bust out in haiku?

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 12:50 PM
The only time, in my three years, that we played a show more than twice was for a bowl game. Now, you're playing the same song for a third freakin' time, and it is still the regular season. What happens if Texas loses, and we beat oSu? Do we have to hear the same damn show TWO more times for the Big XII Championship and the bowl game? No, you don't deserve an easy week. Finals aren't for another 3 weeks. You should have spent all of last week learning a new show instead of taking a day off b/c it was too cold. Boofreakinhoo. Quit being complacent and learn a new show!

It looks like Dolemite backed up what I said. I guess I read purdy good.

it's useless. the people defending veery action of the pride are probably the people that had no idea that they were made fun of in high school for being band nerds and loving heated debates on whether star wars or star trek was better while playing magic: the gathering. they also probably enjoy the awesome visuals e.g. batman 2003 that go unnoticed (have they done any this year? i haven't noticed any, thank God, but i have noticed that people still can't get pregame right, nor can they be in the right place to start the show). they also have zero perspective on what it's like sitting in the real part of the student section where the pride is on the wrong end of jokes.

oh, and GHII at your place tonight? sweet. apusooner and i will be there :les:

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 12:50 PM
The only time, in my three years, that we played a show more than twice was for a bowl game. Now, you're playing the same song for a third freakin' time, and it is still the regular season. What happens if Texas loses, and we beat oSu? Do we have to hear the same damn show TWO more times for the Big XII Championship and the bowl game? No, you don't deserve an easy week. Finals aren't for another 3 weeks. You should have spent all of last week learning a new show instead of taking a day off b/c it was too cold. Boofreakinhoo. Quit being complacent and learn a new show!

It looks like Dolemite backed up what I said. I guess I read purdy good.

it's useless. the people defending veery action of the pride are probably the people that had no idea that they were made fun of in high school for being band nerds and loving heated debates on whether star wars or star trek was better while playing magic: the gathering. they also probably enjoy the awesome visuals e.g. batman 2003 that go unnoticed (have they done any this year? i haven't noticed any, thank God, but i have noticed that people still can't get pregame right, nor can they be in the right place to start the show). they also have zero perspective on what it's like sitting in the real part of the student section where the pride is on the wrong end of jokes.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:56 PM
dude, this isn't craigs list. take your gay swinger ads some where else...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2006, 12:56 PM
dude, this isn't craigs list. take your gay swinger ads some where else...

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 12:59 PM

Kids in band were made fun of in high school? I had no idea! It obviously didn't bother us too much or we wouldn't have stuck with it man. You realize that when you try to attack euph_jay and I personally about our social class in high school, you are in turn attacking everyone that was in band in high school. So I guess we're all losers... that got better grades and have a higher chance to succeed. I know I'm going to lose sleep over this new development.

Good to know that the student section makes a point to sit around and make fun of us. I guess you guys prefer that we just aren't there at all. Send that one in to President Boren, I'm sure he'll be glad to here your arguments.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 12:59 PM

Kids in band were made fun of in high school? I had no idea! It obviously didn't bother us too much or we wouldn't have stuck with it man. You realize that when you try to attack euph_jay and I personally about our social class in high school, you are in turn attacking everyone that was in band in high school. So I guess we're all losers... that got better grades and have a higher chance to succeed. I know I'm going to lose sleep over this new development.

Good to know that the student section makes a point to sit around and make fun of us. I guess you guys prefer that we just aren't there at all. Send that one in to President Boren, I'm sure he'll be glad to here your arguments.

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 01:03 PM

I'd be interested to see this link. I think the OU paper keeps old articles for viewing.

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 01:03 PM

I'd be interested to see this link. I think the OU paper keeps old articles for viewing.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:05 PM

So 2000 posts makes you nice? I'll get right one that. I'll agree with you about GHP, he's a nice guy. He had the ability to talk with me like a human in private messages... I doubt dolemite could do the same. *cue dole with string of profanity to accent his linguistic prowess*

Not terribly related to all of this, but were any of you anywhere near the Pride at the ****** game two years ago in ****town? We played Boomer almost non-stop (only stopped during play, obviously) at the end of the game. Their goat humping fans were ****ed.

Who's excited that we get to be on the student side this year? I know I can't wait to have feces hurled at me by those retards.

gyrocaps

So 2000 posts makes you nice? I'll get right one that. I'll agree with you about GHP, he's a nice guy. He had the ability to talk with me like a human in private messages... I doubt dolemite could do the same. *cue dole with string of profanity to accent his linguistic prowess*

Not terribly related to all of this, but were any of you anywhere near the Pride at the ****** game two years ago in ****town? We played Boomer almost non-stop (only stopped during play, obviously) at the end of the game. Their goat humping fans were ****ed.

Who's excited that we get to be on the student side this year? I know I can't wait to have feces hurled at me by those retards.

gyrocaps

I'll see if I can find it, gimme a minute.

gyrocaps

I'll see if I can find it, gimme a minute.

yermom
11/21/2006, 01:07 PM

i'll give you guys 2004 in ****town

i was in the student section. they were ****ed and it was awesome

yermom
11/21/2006, 01:07 PM

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 01:08 PM
this thread is worthless without pics ala Kasey Studdard thread.

just sayin

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 01:08 PM
this thread is worthless without pics ala Kasey Studdard thread.

just sayin

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:09 PM
Here ya go.

http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?article_id=1666637872&search_id=943461999

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:09 PM
Here ya go.

http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?article_id=1666637872&search_id=943461999

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:10 PM

Word. That was one of my favorite moments as a Sooner. Good game too. Missed field goal was funny... hopefully it won't come down to that this week.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:10 PM

Word. That was one of my favorite moments as a Sooner. Good game too. Missed field goal was funny... hopefully it won't come down to that this week.

yermom
11/21/2006, 01:15 PM
Here ya go.

Anonymous - 10/23/06 8:53pm

The Color Guard works just as hard as the drumline.

heh

yermom
11/21/2006, 01:15 PM
Here ya go.

Anonymous - 10/23/06 8:53pm

The Color Guard works just as hard as the drumline.

heh

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 01:19 PM

Do it again.

colleyvillesooner

Do it again.

Soonerborn03
Not terribly related to all of this, but were any of you anywhere near the Pride at the ****** game two years ago in ****town? We played Boomer almost non-stop (only stopped during play, obviously) at the end of the game. Their goat humping fans were ****ed.I was there. I'd prefer the team to take the oSu fans out of the game than us playing Boomer over and over and over and over and over....

It worked though, but for the love of God, please don't use that strategy again. It was cool when they did it in '83, because they had a good reason for it. This last time it was kind of lame, and I was a little embarrassed to do it. Again, let the football team take care of their business, and we'll play Boomer when they do something good or score. Don't play Boomer just to play the friggin' thing over and over and over.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I might be the only one with that opinion, but that's the way I feel about it.

Soonerborn03
Not terribly related to all of this, but were any of you anywhere near the Pride at the ****** game two years ago in ****town? We played Boomer almost non-stop (only stopped during play, obviously) at the end of the game. Their goat humping fans were ****ed.I was there. I'd prefer the team to take the oSu fans out of the game than us playing Boomer over and over and over and over and over....

It worked though, but for the love of God, please don't use that strategy again. It was cool when they did it in '83, because they had a good reason for it. This last time it was kind of lame, and I was a little embarrassed to do it. Again, let the football team take care of their business, and we'll play Boomer when they do something good or score. Don't play Boomer just to play the friggin' thing over and over and over.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I might be the only one with that opinion, but that's the way I feel about it.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 01:22 PM

I played better music under Roland than what is on the field today...If Roland is doing those arrangements, he has either "lost it" or he is allowing inferior muscians play his high quality arrangements. I am no longer associated with the pride, but I know for a fact that we played his stuff a lot better back when than today...

Okay, if the music is the same, then what's the difference...Either it is the quality of the musician or it is the quality of the direction - you choose.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 01:22 PM

I played better music under Roland than what is on the field today...If Roland is doing those arrangements, he has either "lost it" or he is allowing inferior muscians play his high quality arrangements. I am no longer associated with the pride, but I know for a fact that we played his stuff a lot better back when than today...

Okay, if the music is the same, then what's the difference...Either it is the quality of the musician or it is the quality of the direction - you choose.

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 01:28 PM

Okay, if the music is the same, then what's the difference...Either it is the quality of the musician or it is the quality of the direction - you choose.Roland still arranges the music. The problem is, they aren't having him write ANYTHING new. All of these songs that the band is playing these days were written at least 10 years ago with the exception of Crazy Train which was written by one of the band GA's. Funny story about that, he's an Auburn alum, and Auburn plays the exact same arrangement.

But yeah, the same goes for basketball band. The guy in charge of the basketball band played the same exact songs when he was in the band. Take some time and learn something new. It's not on the band members. The directors need to push them a little bit instead of babying them to no end.

Soonerborn03
11/21/2006, 01:28 PM

Okay, if the music is the same, then what's the difference...Either it is the quality of the musician or it is the quality of the direction - you choose.Roland still arranges the music. The problem is, they aren't having him write ANYTHING new. All of these songs that the band is playing these days were written at least 10 years ago with the exception of Crazy Train which was written by one of the band GA's. Funny story about that, he's an Auburn alum, and Auburn plays the exact same arrangement.

But yeah, the same goes for basketball band. The guy in charge of the basketball band played the same exact songs when he was in the band. Take some time and learn something new. It's not on the band members. The directors need to push them a little bit instead of babying them to no end.

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 01:34 PM
Here ya go.

article = good

comments = retarded

CincySooner
11/21/2006, 01:34 PM
Here ya go.

article = good

comments = retarded

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:37 PM

Who's excited that we get to be on the student side this year? I know I can't wait to have feces hurled at me by those retards.yeah, I was in the band.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:37 PM

Who's excited that we get to be on the student side this year? I know I can't wait to have feces hurled at me by those retards.yeah, I was in the band.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 01:42 PM
The directors need to push them a little bit instead of babying them to no end.

The point of these 24 some odd pages exactly!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 01:42 PM
The directors need to push them a little bit instead of babying them to no end.

The point of these 24 some odd pages exactly!

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 02:39 PM

dude, i was in band in high school as well as the pride in '02 and '03. when i'm done with school i'll get to have 'dr.' in front of my name. i was smart enough to not do crap that got me made fun of in high school or in the pride. there are plenty of people in the pride that have a grip of reality, and people like you are too afraid to realize it. no, we don't want the pride gone, we just want you guys to stop acting stupid and play like you have a pair.

TheBobbyTrain
11/21/2006, 02:39 PM

dude, i was in band in high school as well as the pride in '02 and '03. when i'm done with school i'll get to have 'dr.' in front of my name. i was smart enough to not do crap that got me made fun of in high school or in the pride. there are plenty of people in the pride that have a grip of reality, and people like you are too afraid to realize it. no, we don't want the pride gone, we just want you guys to stop acting stupid and play like you have a pair.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/21/2006, 02:45 PM
Is there a Cliff's Notes version?

TIA.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/21/2006, 02:45 PM

TIA.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 02:46 PM

TIA.

Us: The Pride's not loud enough. Britt sucks.

Them: You don't know ****. Britt is the best.

Your Welcome

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 02:46 PM

TIA.

Us: The Pride's not loud enough. Britt sucks.

Them: You don't know ****. Britt is the best.

Your Welcome

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 02:49 PM

TIA.

and this one time.....at band camp...i stuck a flute up my....

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 02:49 PM

TIA.

and this one time.....at band camp...i stuck a flute up my....

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:00 PM

Once again, people making things up.

Yes, there are many of the songs that we play in Showmen that are from the Roland Days back when Mr. Jahnke played. These are great arrangements of classic songs. Why change something that isn't broken?

In the 3 years that I have been in Showmen we have added:

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

I can't guarantee that all of these are completely new, but I know they have been added to my folder since I joined in 04. I think you get the idea. Just this year alone (with Mr. Jahnke) we have added 10 new songs. Don't make up crap about the directors if you don't know what you are talking about.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:00 PM

Yes, there are many of the songs that we play in Showmen that are from the Roland Days back when Mr. Jahnke played. These are great arrangements of classic songs. Why change something that isn't broken?

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

I can't guarantee that all of these are completely new, but I know they have been added to my folder since I joined in 04. I think you get the idea. Just this year alone (with Mr. Jahnke) we have added 10 new songs. Don't make up crap about the directors if you don't know what you are talking about.

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:05 PM

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

what no music from 'Chase'? your honor the prosecution rests it's case.

(Dolemite and company wins again)

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:05 PM

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:08 PM

:confused:

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:08 PM

Brian Britt
11/21/2006, 03:11 PM
So I guess we're all losers... that got better grades and have a higher chance to succeed. I know I'm going to lose sleep over this new development.

Hahaha!
Good to hear from one of my favorite students!

But to be fair Garrett, studies have shown that there is a correlation between students involved in music and higher test grades, but not necessarily a causation.

And President Boren actually is constantly evaluating my job, looking for a reason to fire me! Ask a certain tuba player who's talked to him about it!

Fire up for excellence!

Brian Britt
11/21/2006, 03:11 PM
So I guess we're all losers... that got better grades and have a higher chance to succeed. I know I'm going to lose sleep over this new development.

Hahaha!

But to be fair Garrett, studies have shown that there is a correlation between students involved in music and higher test grades, but not necessarily a causation.

And President Boren actually is constantly evaluating my job, looking for a reason to fire me! Ask a certain tuba player who's talked to him about it!

Fire up for excellence!

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:13 PM
start here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Chase

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:13 PM
start here

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:15 PM
start here

I'm well aware who Bill Chase is. I just had no clue what your response was supposed to mean. Still don't.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:15 PM
start here

I'm well aware who Bill Chase is. I just had no clue what your response was supposed to mean. Still don't.

Ike
11/21/2006, 03:17 PM

better grades and a higher chance than who exactly? people on this board? hah! Seriously, I'm rolling now.

Ike

better grades and a higher chance than who exactly? people on this board? hah! Seriously, I'm rolling now.

OKLA21FAN
it might just have to do with the current music selections, and what many fans here seem to want to hear and what style they are asking for.

OKLA21FAN
it might just have to do with the current music selections, and what many fans here seem to want to hear and what style they are asking for.

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:21 PM

And what pray tell would that be?

euphjay
11/21/2006, 03:21 PM

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:25 PM
i have already given you a band to start with.

'get it on' is a can't miss. but then again, what do I know. i'm just an OU fan, I know nothing about band music and stuff.

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:25 PM

'get it on' is a can't miss. but then again, what do I know. i'm just an OU fan, I know nothing about band music and stuff.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 03:26 PM
Hahaha!

Fire up for excellence!

My name is spelled with one "t", yo. Didn't GHP tell you that?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 03:26 PM
Hahaha!

Fire up for excellence!

My name is spelled with one "t", yo. Didn't GHP tell you that?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 03:35 PM

If they did play it, you'd say they weren't doing it justice.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 03:35 PM

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 03:36 PM
Probably wouldn't be loud enough either. :D

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2006, 03:36 PM
Probably wouldn't be loud enough either. :D

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:37 PM
under the current direction and philosophy, you are probably right. :pop:

OKLA21FAN
11/21/2006, 03:37 PM
under the current direction and philosophy, you are probably right. :pop:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 03:47 PM

If there is no Chase or Tower of Power, then that band sucks too!!! ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2006, 03:47 PM

If there is no Chase or Tower of Power, then that band sucks too!!! ;)

Scott D
11/21/2006, 03:55 PM

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

I'd be impressed if you guys spent the time between the end of the season and the bowl game learning 'Return of the Tres' or 'Carnaval Batucada 66'

Scott D
11/21/2006, 03:55 PM

Alive Again
Cuba Libre
Disco Mania
Down To THe Nightclub
For Once In My Life
Get Away
Hold On Loosely
In The Stone
It's All Been Done
It's A Shame
The Most Wonderful Time
Rock and Roll
Rock and Roll All Nite
Rock and Roll Band
Swish!
Uptight, Outasight
25 or 6 to 4
Livin' On a Prayer
The Mask of Zorro
Mr. Roboto
Real Gone
Sell Out
Sing, Sing, Sing
Aint No Other Man
Hollywood Nights
Brick House
Free

I'd be impressed if you guys spent the time between the end of the season and the bowl game learning 'Return of the Tres' or 'Carnaval Batucada 66'

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 04:14 PM

I thought that they would roll there eyes and walk on I was not speaking about them I was speaking about there leadership.

**** your probably one of them.

I stand by that they had more balls than you to say somthing in person than on a ****ing message board.

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 04:14 PM

I thought that they would roll there eyes and walk on I was not speaking about them I was speaking about there leadership.

**** your probably one of them.

I stand by that they had more balls than you to say somthing in person than on a ****ing message board.

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 04:18 PM

No you got made fun of cause you have no idea how to wash your face and it looks like a pepperoni pizza.

mrowl
11/21/2006, 04:22 PM
and now there were 2?

mrowl
11/21/2006, 04:23 PM
2?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/21/2006, 04:25 PM
So if you play loud and annoying once every two years...that makes you half aggy since at least the aggies play good once a year. Also, 2000 post doesn't make you nice but it gives everyone on the board time to get to know your demeanor. I have only heard Dolemite criticize one person vehemently since I got on here and his name is Brian Britt. As for GHP, you have implied that he is a stalker and would somehow give out your personal info so we could stalk you down(btw most of the people on this board are either grads with jobs or students who work and go to school, so to have time to come hunt you down would mean most of us would suddenly have acquired time to come bother you) is beyond ludicrous. You are lucky you didn't imply David Earl or Dean weren't doing their job correctly or the shoe whipping would have been so furious, people would have written novels about it. As for the band in high school jokes, there is certain band people that think band is the only thing in the universe and try to act as you did "That you are the future...the only bright and successful students that could only possibly come out of an ignorant hellhole" I like to call that a "Limbaugh" Then there is band people like say GHP, PG, and Tuba(and numerous others on this board(Except OklahomaTrombone...that guy was a dumbass ;)) who realize that they are just normal students and people who have a gift with music. I have never heard any of them mention their intellectual superiority because they were in band. Being in band doesn't make you anymore smart than say playing football makes you dumb. I am just saying that it may not matter to you but by insulting two of my favorite posters within your first 20 post...you permanently embedded yourself on my ****-list.

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 04:27 PM
So if you play loud and annoying once every two years...that makes you half aggy since at least the aggies play good once a year. Also, 2000 post doesn't make you nice but it gives everyone on the board time to get to know your demeanor. I have only heard Dolemite criticize one person vehemently since I got on here and his name is Brian Britt. As for GHP, you have implied that he is a stalker and would somehow give out your personal info so we could stalk you down(btw most of the people on this board are either grads with jobs or students who work and go to school, so to have time to come hunt you down would mean most of us would suddenly have acquired time to come bother you) is beyond ludicrous. You are lucky you didn't imply David Earl or Dean weren't doing their job correctly or the shoe whipping would have been so furious, people would have written novels about it. As for the band in high school jokes, there is certain band people that think band is the only thing in the universe and try to act as you did "That you are the future...the only bright and successful students that could only possibly come out of an ignorant hellhole" I like to call that a "Limbaugh" Then there is band people like say GHP, PG, and Tuba(and numerous others on this board(Except OklahomaTrombone...that guy was a dumbass ;)) who realize that they are just normal students and people who have a gift with music. I have never heard any of them mention their intellectual superiority because they were in band. Being in band doesn't make you anymore smart than say playing football makes you dumb. I am just saying that it may not matter to you but by insulting two of my favorite posters within your first 20 post...you permanently embedded yourself on my ****-list.
Ohh I am beyond that glory now.....He came at me so lets see what he has

dolemitesooner
11/21/2006, 04:29 PM
No you got made fun of cause you have no idea how to wash your face and it looks like a pepperoni pizza.
Exhibit A

http://gameisgood.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-75290-IMG_1867s.jpg

You might want to have a dermatologist Look at that