PDA

View Full Version : Brian Britt

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 12:55 AM
he said Basketball Band, not Women's Basketball Band.

What does that even mean?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 12:55 AM
he said Basketball Band, not Women's Basketball Band.

PhxSooner
11/21/2006, 12:56 AM
The Showmen outfits have been awful more often than not. They had rugby shirts for a couple of years...which would have been great if they hadn't been made for the frozen tundra rather than a humid arena.

PhxSooner
The Showmen outfits have been awful more often than not. They had rugby shirts for a couple of years...which would have been great if they hadn't been made for the frozen tundra rather than a humid arena.

gyrocaps
I think the drumline was asked by the football team to play something to pump them up before kick-off, and once they started playing it, members of the Pride starting swaying their arms back and forth. Not sure this sway was designed to emulate the morons in Stoolwater.

You're right, that certainly wasn't the intent.

gyrocaps
I think the drumline was asked by the football team to play something to pump them up before kick-off, and once they started playing it, members of the Pride starting swaying their arms back and forth. Not sure this sway was designed to emulate the morons in Stoolwater.

You're right, that certainly wasn't the intent.

PrideTrombone
Then you should tell your girlfriend PhxSooner to not reference a recording as her evidence that the Pride was louder. If she says they were louder, I have no reason to doubt her, either. I'm just not terribly concerned with the volume of the Pride.

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.

Why not do both? It is possible.

PrideTrombone
Then you should tell your girlfriend PhxSooner to not reference a recording as her evidence that the Pride was louder. If she says they were louder, I have no reason to doubt her, either. I'm just not terribly concerned with the volume of the Pride.

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.

proud gonzo

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.what are you, six?

you consider what the pride has now a good sound? I thought you were supposed to be able to hear the melody.

proud gonzo

Most GOOD marching band directors would tell you they prefer a good sound over volume. Don't try to argue with me about the sound of the Pride, I know we sound good.what are you, six?

you consider what the pride has now a good sound? I thought you were supposed to be able to hear the melody.

instigator
Correction: Why are there so many posts BY THE SAME 15 PEOPLE.

And I wouldn't consider them negative, I consider them pointless rants from people who can't accept change and don't appreciate what they have. How about a school that doesn't send a band to EVERY away game, then we'd be like most other big 12 schools.

Make that 16. I want to be proud of this band.

I remember them getting pwned at the Orange Bowl by USC in 04 and I have no doubt they have the talent to be as good as the USC band was. They just lack the proper leadership.

instigator
Correction: Why are there so many posts BY THE SAME 15 PEOPLE.

And I wouldn't consider them negative, I consider them pointless rants from people who can't accept change and don't appreciate what they have. How about a school that doesn't send a band to EVERY away game, then we'd be like most other big 12 schools.

Make that 16. I want to be proud of this band.

I remember them getting pwned at the Orange Bowl by USC in 04 and I have no doubt they have the talent to be as good as the USC band was. They just lack the proper leadership.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 12:57 AM
you know what it means, Mr All-stater.

OUAndy1807

hurricane'bone

now that's just crazy talk.

oh and I've got your Fat Tire, its been tempting me to drink it.

hurricane'bone

proud gonzo
I think the drumline was asked by the football team to play something to pump them up before kick-off, and once they started playing it, members of the Pride starting swaying their arms back and forth. Not sure this sway was designed to emulate the morons in Stoolwater.then the members ought to be a little more aware of the other teams and our own traditions.

people are oblivious.

proud gonzo
I think the drumline was asked by the football team to play something to pump them up before kick-off, and once they started playing it, members of the Pride starting swaying their arms back and forth. Not sure this sway was designed to emulate the morons in Stoolwater.then the members ought to be a little more aware of the other teams and our own traditions.

people are oblivious.

gyrocaps
abuse? :rolleyes:

To look up my e-mail, facebook me and find out that I'm a Baritone player through my profile (I'm guessing this is how he did it) and then proceed to give that information to those of you in this public forum. If not abuse, it's definitely stalkerish/creepy.

gyrocaps
abuse? :rolleyes:

To look up my e-mail, facebook me and find out that I'm a Baritone player through my profile (I'm guessing this is how he did it) and then proceed to give that information to those of you in this public forum. If not abuse, it's definitely stalkerish/creepy.

Brian Britt
I believe I'm the resident authority here. If you play loud, your sound wave thingies cancel the other thingies out, making the sound quieter. Playing perfectly in tune with softer individuals is MUCH louder than an entire band playing as loud as possible. Don't question my logic! This isn't eighth grade football, I didn't go through 4 years of college to be called "Britt!"

Brian Britt
I believe I'm the resident authority here. If you play loud, your sound wave thingies cancel the other thingies out, making the sound quieter. Playing perfectly in tune with softer individuals is MUCH louder than an entire band playing as loud as possible. Don't question my logic! This isn't eighth grade football, I didn't go through 4 years of college to be called "Britt!"

Frozen Sooner

You're quite full of yourself.

I would be proud to call PhxSooner my girlfriend, but I imagine her husband would be upset with both of us.

You "know" you sound good? By whose measure?

Frozen Sooner

I would be proud to call PhxSooner my girlfriend, but I imagine her husband would be upset with both of us.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 12:58 AM

With the right players, sure. Maybe you should come back for a second degree and show us all how it's done?

gyrocaps

With the right players, sure. Maybe you should come back for a second degree and show us all how it's done?

PhxSooner

Oh for the love of Pete...:rolleyes:

We had great sound with Willamania, Wind and the Lion, and others, and not just volume. If Roland thought someone was splatting notes, he'd call them out.

PhxSooner

Oh for the love of Pete...:rolleyes:

We had great sound with Willamania, Wind and the Lion, and others, and not just volume. If Roland thought someone was splatting notes, he'd call them out.

hurricane'bone
11/21/2006, 12:59 AM
Don't question my logic, I didn't go through 4 years of college to be called Mr.!

No...no...no...the quote was "This is not eight grade football"

Funniest part of that whole thing is that it was the assistant director that was saying it.

hurricane'bone
Don't question my logic, I didn't go through 4 years of college to be called Mr.!

Funniest part of that whole thing is that it was the assistant director that was saying it.

PrideTrombone

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

Celebratory avatar change!!!

PrideTrombone

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

Celebratory avatar change!!!

GottaHavePride

heh. And a GREAT director would know you can have BOTH.

And abusing my powers? With some of the problems we've had around here lately, I consider it part of the job to keep track of posters that are antagonizing a lot of other posters around here.

GottaHavePride

And abusing my powers? With some of the problems we've had around here lately, I consider it part of the job to keep track of posters that are antagonizing a lot of other posters around here.

gyrocaps

Are we insulting women, or something? Help me out, seriously. I'm obviously not on the same intellectual level as all of you MENSA members.

gyrocaps

Are we insulting women, or something? Help me out, seriously. I'm obviously not on the same intellectual level as all of you MENSA members.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 01:00 AM
man, I've got to get to bed but this is too fun.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 01:00 AM
man, I've got to get to bed but this is too fun.

MelloYello
11/21/2006, 01:01 AM
Volume is certainly an important issue, but quality of music is a more important issue that should be the first thing addressed by Brian Britt.

MelloYello
11/21/2006, 01:01 AM
Volume is certainly an important issue, but quality of music is a more important issue that should be the first thing addressed by Brian Britt.

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:02 AM

The $65,000 question!

Sooner_Havok

The $65,000 question!

gyrocaps

Cause people to think about the reason the believe things is totally antagonistic. Look me up all you want, but don't feel like you can tell everyone else in the forum about it.

gyrocaps

Cause people to think about the reason the believe things is totally antagonistic. Look me up all you want, but don't feel like you can tell everyone else in the forum about it.

cdlbdd
does anyone have a link to the proposed petition mentioned earlier in the thread?

cdlbdd
does anyone have a link to the proposed petition mentioned earlier in the thread?

OUAndy1807
Personally I do think it's insulting that the band puts the scrubs on the women's b-ball band.

I actually am a member of MENSA.

also, how brilliant would it be if gyro was a troll of GHP?

OUAndy1807
Personally I do think it's insulting that the band puts the scrubs on the women's b-ball band.

Brian Britt
11/21/2006, 01:03 AM

Thank you for your positive criticism!
That's bad teaching on my part!

Brian Britt

Thank you for your positive criticism!
That's bad teaching on my part!

PrideTrombone

Are you saying that everyone in the Pride is incapable of playing with a good tone at full volume? Really?

I don't really care to go back to grad school anytime soon, and when I do it'll be out of state. Out of region, really.

PrideTrombone

Are you saying that everyone in the Pride is incapable of playing with a good tone at full volume? Really?

I don't really care to go back to grad school anytime soon, and when I do it'll be out of state. Out of region, really.

gyrocaps

By my own. I've been in music long enough to know a good band when I hear it.

I sincerely doubt that the guy saying we got "owned" by USC has half as much experience as I do.

Wanna see who can pee farther?

gyrocaps

I sincerely doubt that the guy saying we got "owned" by USC has half as much experience as I do.

GottaHavePride
11/21/2006, 01:04 AM

Or I might have just asked any of the several tuba and baritone players that already post here who you were.

GottaHavePride

Or I might have just asked any of the several tuba and baritone players that already post here who you were.

Sooner_Havok
I got my birthday e-mail from soonerfans, hooray!

Sooner_Havok
I got my birthday e-mail from soonerfans, hooray!

instigator
11/21/2006, 01:05 AM
Oh, while we're at it, how come the drum major can't touch the ground with his q-tip? We need to have someone that does JUST that, even if it requires having a contortionist come out in the band uni.

I'm with you there.

instigator
Oh, while we're at it, how come the drum major can't touch the ground with his q-tip? We need to have someone that does JUST that, even if it requires having a contortionist come out in the band uni.

I'm with you there.

MelloYello
Happy Birthday.

MelloYello
Happy Birthday.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:06 AM

If you think the Women's Band is the scrubs, you're obviously not thinking. This is just another attempt by you to make things up when you have no clue what is going on in the program right now. Please don't pretend like you know stuff.

gyrocaps

If you think the Women's Band is the scrubs, you're obviously not thinking. This is just another attempt by you to make things up when you have no clue what is going on in the program right now. Please don't pretend like you know stuff.

OUAndy1807
Happy Birthday. take it to the birthday thread, we have serious business here.

OUAndy1807
Happy Birthday. take it to the birthday thread, we have serious business here.

gyrocaps

And how would they know? Tell me one other Baritone player posting here?

gyrocaps

MelloYello
11/21/2006, 01:07 AM
take it to the birthday thread, we have serious business here.

Oh yes, of course.

MelloYello
11/21/2006, 01:07 AM
take it to the birthday thread, we have serious business here.

Oh yes, of course.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:08 AM
I'm with you there.

That hasn't happened since the mid-80s, where were you in the 90s with your FireCoachThrailkill.com because the drum major couldn't touch his hat to the ground?

gyrocaps
I'm with you there.

That hasn't happened since the mid-80s, where were you in the 90s with your FireCoachThrailkill.com because the drum major couldn't touch his hat to the ground?

PhxSooner
Okay, not flaming here...

How is the women's band selected now?

PhxSooner

Frozen Sooner

Sure. I can pee all the way to Alaska from here. Can you?

Frozen Sooner

Sure. I can pee all the way to Alaska from here. Can you?

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 01:09 AM
when did they start letting fatties into the flag corps?

OUAndy1807

1stTimeCaller
there's a Litle Johnny style dictate joke about gyro and Brian in here somewhere.

1stTimeCaller
there's a Litle Johnny style dictate joke about gyro and Brian in here somewhere.

cdlbdd
11/21/2006, 01:10 AM
women's band is selected based on audition, just like the men's band. People who audition select which band they would prefer at the time of audition

cdlbdd
women's band is selected based on audition, just like the men's band. People who audition select which band they would prefer at the time of audition

PrideTrombone
Well, as entertaining as this has been, I've got to get to sleep. Enjoy the banter, all.

PrideTrombone
Well, as entertaining as this has been, I've got to get to sleep. Enjoy the banter, all.

PrideTuba

euph_jay

PrideTuba

euph_jay

gyrocaps

By audition, you choose which band you want to be in. Not coincidentally, many of the better players chose to be in the Women's Band because the Women's Basketball Team could probably beat the men. Much more exciting to watch a #3 ranked team than a rebuilding team.

gyrocaps

By audition, you choose which band you want to be in. Not coincidentally, many of the better players chose to be in the Women's Band because the Women's Basketball Team could probably beat the men. Much more exciting to watch a #3 ranked team than a rebuilding team.

OUAndy1807
which band do most people select, if they know they can make either?

OUAndy1807

cofCtuba
11/21/2006, 01:11 AM

No reason to make such a site.

Beavers could touch the ground, I think his last year was 98 or so...I was a youngster, but I was at every game. Someone correct me on his last year.

cofCtuba

Beavers could touch the ground, I think his last year was 98 or so...I was a youngster, but I was at every game. Someone correct me on his last year.

gyrocaps
euph_jay

Is that who GHP got his info from?

gyrocaps
euph_jay

OUAndy1807
Not coincidentally, many of the better players chose to be in the Women's Band because the Women's Basketball Team could probably beat the men. Much more exciting to watch a #3 ranked team than a rebuilding team.
bull****.

OUAndy1807
Not coincidentally, many of the better players chose to be in the Women's Band because the Women's Basketball Team could probably beat the men. Much more exciting to watch a #3 ranked team than a rebuilding team.
bull****.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:12 AM

Women, the team is better.

gyrocaps

Women, the team is better.

GottaHavePride

Yeah. difference was, when I joined the bands everyone wanted to be in the men's band. thus, the people that couldn't hack it got put in women's band. considering the new coach and the talent on the women's team, that may have evened out.

Of course, this year they could barely find enough bones to fill two bands, and that's even letting some baritones in, too, which Roland never used to do.

GottaHavePride

Yeah. difference was, when I joined the bands everyone wanted to be in the men's band. thus, the people that couldn't hack it got put in women's band. considering the new coach and the talent on the women's team, that may have evened out.

Of course, this year they could barely find enough bones to fill two bands, and that's even letting some baritones in, too, which Roland never used to do.

PrideTrombone
bull****.

Actually, I have heard that to be true for this year. People do usually sign up for the team that will take them on more trips if it looks like it'll be lopsided one way or the other.

PrideTrombone
bull****.

Actually, I have heard that to be true for this year. People do usually sign up for the team that will take them on more trips if it looks like it'll be lopsided one way or the other.

OUAndy1807
bull****.

OUAndy1807
bull****.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:13 AM

When HAVEN'T they let fatties in? At least we don't have dudes like OSU.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:13 AM

1stTimeCaller
11/21/2006, 01:14 AM
$5 says that gyro was All-State with the rusty trombone but Brian only lets him play that in private sessions nowadays so he has to play the baritone on Saturdays.

1stTimeCaller
$5 says that gyro was All-State with the rusty trombone but Brian only lets him play that in private sessions nowadays so he has to play the baritone on Saturdays.

proud gonzo
Is that who GHP got his info from? Or he might just be around enough to know who people are in the band and know what instruments they play :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
Is that who GHP got his info from? Or he might just be around enough to know who people are in the band and know what instruments they play :rolleyes:

OUAndy1807
Coach had mandatory weigh-ins for the flag girls as late as 1997. no fatties please.

OUAndy1807
Coach had mandatory weigh-ins for the flag girls as late as 1997. no fatties please.

MelloYello

Everyone tries out the same way and preferences what band they would like to be in, if they have one. The directors of the basketball bands then pour over the auditions and preferences and try to place people according to their musical abilities and where they'd like to go. Ultimately, the more talented end up in the men's band, but that's not to say that those in the women's band aren't talented. I was in the women's band for 4 years because 1) I'm not a very good musician, and 2) the men's band is usually way too serious and not as fun.

MelloYello

Everyone tries out the same way and preferences what band they would like to be in, if they have one. The directors of the basketball bands then pour over the auditions and preferences and try to place people according to their musical abilities and where they'd like to go. Ultimately, the more talented end up in the men's band, but that's not to say that those in the women's band aren't talented. I was in the women's band for 4 years because 1) I'm not a very good musician, and 2) the men's band is usually way too serious and not as fun.

OUAndy1807
11/21/2006, 01:15 AM
you're the best.

OUAndy1807
you're the best.

GottaHavePride

Yeah, '98 was his last. I believe Clay Johnson took over in 99.

GottaHavePride

Yeah, '98 was his last. I believe Clay Johnson took over in 99.

GottaHavePride
Or he might just be around enough to know who people are in the band and know what instruments they play :rolleyes:

Heh. I have been around Catlett for a damn long time now.

GottaHavePride
Or he might just be around enough to know who people are in the band and know what instruments they play :rolleyes:

Heh. I have been around Catlett for a damn long time now.

OUAndy1807
Everyone tries out the same way and preferences what band they would like to be in, if they have one. The directors of the basketball bands then pour over the auditions and preferences and try to place people according to their musical abilities and where they'd like to go. Ultimately, the more talented end up in the men's band, but that's not to say that those in the women's band aren't talented. I was in the women's band for 4 years because 1) I'm not a very good musician, and 2) the men's band is usually way too serious and not as fun. finally someone tells the truth.

TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!

OUAndy1807
Everyone tries out the same way and preferences what band they would like to be in, if they have one. The directors of the basketball bands then pour over the auditions and preferences and try to place people according to their musical abilities and where they'd like to go. Ultimately, the more talented end up in the men's band, but that's not to say that those in the women's band aren't talented. I was in the women's band for 4 years because 1) I'm not a very good musician, and 2) the men's band is usually way too serious and not as fun. finally someone tells the truth.

TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!TOTP!

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:16 AM

When you were in the band, the Women's Team could hardly be called a program. I agree about the bones thing though, I would've played this year, but I'm headed to Study Abroad next semester. All the baritones in the Men's band could've played trombone if they still only allowed trombones, I know that for a fact.

gyrocaps

When you were in the band, the Women's Team could hardly be called a program. I agree about the bones thing though, I would've played this year, but I'm headed to Study Abroad next semester. All the baritones in the Men's band could've played trombone if they still only allowed trombones, I know that for a fact.

Jimminy Crimson

Well since OSU has flaggots, count on the "pride" of Oklahoma to follow whatever the pokes are doing. :rolleyes:

<cough>waving wheat</cough>

Jimminy Crimson

Well since OSU has flaggots, count on the "pride" of Oklahoma to follow whatever the pokes are doing. :rolleyes:

<cough>waving wheat</cough>

cofCtuba

That'll be next. The ghey wavin wheat this year and ghey color guard next year.

cofCtuba

GottaHavePride
11/21/2006, 01:17 AM
I agree with that. Sherri had just taken over at the time. Heh. Though they DID have Stacey Dales.

GottaHavePride
I agree with that. Sherri had just taken over at the time. Heh. Though they DID have Stacey Dales.

hurricane'bone

Didn't the women's team go the final four while GHP was in school?

hurricane'bone

gyrocaps

You can't be serious... I LOL'd.

gyrocaps

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:18 AM
http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_5750.jpg

proud gonzo
http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_5750.jpg

OUAndy1807
check out my new sig.

OUAndy1807
check out my new sig.

PrideTuba

I dont know where GHP got his info from, he can tell us if he wants. All i know is you asked about another baritone posting on this board and I provided the name.

PrideTuba

I dont know where GHP got his info from, he can tell us if he wants. All i know is you asked about another baritone posting on this board and I provided the name.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:19 AM

What years WERE you guys in Pride/band? I'm getting confused.

gyrocaps

What years WERE you guys in Pride/band? I'm getting confused.

PhxSooner
It's only a matter of time. Enid had guys in the flag corps in the 80s; I'm actually surprised the Pride has lasted as long as it has without them.

PhxSooner
It's only a matter of time. Enid had guys in the flag corps in the 80s; I'm actually surprised the Pride has lasted as long as it has without them.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:20 AM
What years WERE you guys in Pride/band? I'm getting confused.no sh*t--that's surprising considering you didn't read anything before you started arguing.

proud gonzo
What years WERE you guys in Pride/band? I'm getting confused.no sh*t--that's surprising considering you didn't read anything before you started arguing.

PhxSooner
You betcha. Every Thursday before or after rehearsal. Girls were held out if they didn't make weight, and were cut if they came back from summer vacation over their limit. Not sure how they got away with it for so long, considering how enormous other members of the band were.

PhxSooner
You betcha. Every Thursday before or after rehearsal. Girls were held out if they didn't make weight, and were cut if they came back from summer vacation over their limit. Not sure how they got away with it for so long, considering how enormous other members of the band were.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:21 AM

Yeah, I know euph_jay and I can almost guarantee that's NOT where he got his info. Tell GHP euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.

gyrocaps

Yeah, I know euph_jay and I can almost guarantee that's NOT where he got his info. Tell GHP euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.

Sooner_Havok
Britt just likes more cushion for the pushin' :D

Sooner_Havok
Britt just likes more cushion for the pushin' :D

GottaHavePride

Heh. Seriously, when I go look at the e-mail address to make sure he's not GDC again and the address is his actual name, it's not that hard to figure out.

GottaHavePride

Heh. Seriously, when I go look at the e-mail address to make sure he's not GDC again and the address is his actual name, it's not that hard to figure out.

proud gonzo
11/21/2006, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I know euph_jay and I can almost guarantee that's NOT where he got his info. Tell GHP euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.yeah, demanding to be unbanned doesn't go over very well here.

proud gonzo
Yeah, I know euph_jay and I can almost guarantee that's NOT where he got his info. Tell GHP euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.yeah, demanding to be unbanned doesn't go over very well here.

gyrocaps

It's Title 9 homie, your Women's Rights Movement is what caused all this ruckus. J/K!

gyrocaps

It's Title 9 homie, your Women's Rights Movement is what caused all this ruckus. J/K!

PhxSooner
11/21/2006, 01:23 AM
Hey, they could have worn the skirts with us!:D

PhxSooner
11/21/2006, 01:23 AM

Dead Horse
11/21/2006, 01:24 AM
Ow!

Dead Horse
Ow!

GottaHavePride

I even double-checked. euph_jay isn't on the Banned Users List. Of course, he's not in the members list either. whoever zapped euph_jay, it wasn't me.

GottaHavePride

I even double-checked. euph_jay isn't on the Banned Users List. Of course, he's not in the members list either. whoever zapped euph_jay, it wasn't me.

gyrocaps

Not hard to figure out, but that doesn't mean you can give out things you figure out to everyone. The information is private for a reason. Who knows what you guys would do if you knew who I was? Egg my house? I mean... apartment, since you can just look that up on facebook and all.

gyrocaps

Not hard to figure out, but that doesn't mean you can give out things you figure out to everyone. The information is private for a reason. Who knows what you guys would do if you knew who I was? Egg my house? I mean... apartment, since you can just look that up on facebook and all.

PrideTuba
11/21/2006, 01:25 AM

Yea, if its the real name thats a dead give away. Oh and GottaHavePride, euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.

edit: nevermind I see this has been cleared up.

PrideTuba

Yea, if its the real name thats a dead give away. Oh and GottaHavePride, euph_jay says he wants his log in back/unbanned. He says thanks.

edit: nevermind I see this has been cleared up.

gyrocaps

Thank you for being light-hearted about that comment, unlike your boyfriend. J/K J/K!

gyrocaps

Thank you for being light-hearted about that comment, unlike your boyfriend. J/K J/K!

cofCtuba
11/21/2006, 01:26 AM
Did gyrocaps ever answer why being a tuba has "everything" to do with not thinking he's "straight forward" "sincere" and "honest?" I'd like to know why that matters.

cofCtuba
Did gyrocaps ever answer why being a tuba has "everything" to do with not thinking he's "straight forward" "sincere" and "honest?" I'd like to know why that matters.

1stTimeCaller
hiding behind the internets. you are one piece of work.

1stTimeCaller
hiding behind the internets. you are one piece of work.

hurricane'bone

wait a second.

You said you were an all-state trombone.

You said things about PrideTrombone that might help give out his identity.

Stop playing the victim.

hurricane'bone

wait a second.

Stop playing the victim.

MelloYello
11/21/2006, 01:27 AM
That cofCtuba sure knows what's up, I tell you what.

MelloYello
That cofCtuba sure knows what's up, I tell you what.

soonerboomer93

almost as Brilliant as my Brian Britt troll

soonerboomer93

almost as Brilliant as my Brian Britt troll

PhxSooner
Look, I'm not yanking your chain. I loved the Pride, and feel very strongly about it continuing to be great.

I also threatened to hit people with my Big 8 flagpole, so don't mess with me!;)

PhxSooner
Look, I'm not yanking your chain. I loved the Pride, and feel very strongly about it continuing to be great.

I also threatened to hit people with my Big 8 flagpole, so don't mess with me!;)

GottaHavePride
11/21/2006, 01:29 AM
I didn't do it. And whoever did totally removed euph_jay from the database. The name isn't even listed as banned. Also, there's something weird with my access that I don't have an "un-ban user" feature. It sounds like bull****, but it's not - I discussed it at length with a couple of other mods in a thread about a week ago.

EDIT: as far as I know, there's nothing stopping him from re-registering that handle, unless whoever removed it completely blocked that e-mail address.

GottaHavePride
I didn't do it. And whoever did totally removed euph_jay from the database. The name isn't even listed as banned. Also, there's something weird with my access that I don't have an "un-ban user" feature. It sounds like bull****, but it's not - I discussed it at length with a couple of other mods in a thread about a week ago.

EDIT: as far as I know, there's nothing stopping him from re-registering that handle, unless whoever removed it completely blocked that e-mail address.

Ike
Dear long *** band thread:

have you found a way to make the band more entertaining for the fans yet?

Ike

Ruuuuuufus
The information is private for a reason. Who knows what you guys would do if you knew who I was? Egg my house? I mean... apartment, since you can just look that up on facebook and all.

you were saying something about privacy?

Ruuuuuufus
The information is private for a reason. Who knows what you guys would do if you knew who I was? Egg my house? I mean... apartment, since you can just look that up on facebook and all.

gyrocaps
wait a second.

Stop playing the victim.

My roommate told me who he is. What did I give out about him?

gyrocaps
wait a second.

Stop playing the victim.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:31 AM

What? Yeah, my info is on facebook, but this is a bunch of people that I basically knew would hate me from the first word. Not exactly the kind you want to know about you.

gyrocaps

What? Yeah, my info is on facebook, but this is a bunch of people that I basically knew would hate me from the first word. Not exactly the kind you want to know about you.

MelloYello

Good point. All we Pride alumni are spending our time and thoughts on this stuff because we want the Pride to be great. If we really didn't care, we wouldn't spend so much time or energy on this topic.

MelloYello

Good point. All we Pride alumni are spending our time and thoughts on this stuff because we want the Pride to be great. If we really didn't care, we wouldn't spend so much time or energy on this topic.

proud gonzo
wait a second.

Stop playing the victim.
seriously--oh, and he was asking what years everyone was in Pride. And our credentials and religious affiliation and proof of intelligence.

proud gonzo
wait a second.

Stop playing the victim.
seriously--oh, and he was asking what years everyone was in Pride. And our credentials and religious affiliation and proof of intelligence.

PrideTuba
11/21/2006, 01:32 AM

I think a while back in this thread we talked about playing music from the speakers on the jumbotron.

PrideTuba

I think a while back in this thread we talked about playing music from the speakers on the jumbotron.

Sooner_Havok

Yeah, continue with these long *** threads! :D :D :D

Sooner_Havok

Yeah, continue with these long *** threads! :D :D :D

gyrocaps

He doesn't actually care, I was just joking around. He's standing right behind me and posting vicariously through me. :)

PS I just want to say that I really don't feel any animosity towards you all. I just want to defend something and someone I am very proud to be a part of and be associated with. We're all Sooners afterall.

gyrocaps

He doesn't actually care, I was just joking around. He's standing right behind me and posting vicariously through me. :)

PS I just want to say that I really don't feel any animosity towards you all. I just want to defend something and someone I am very proud to be a part of and be associated with. We're all Sooners afterall.

proud gonzo
What? Yeah, my info is on facebook, but this is a bunch of people that I basically knew would hate me from the first word. Not exactly the kind you want to know about you.you could have changed that by not being a jerk.

and what do you know about this group of people? you won't even read this THREAD, how could you possibly know anything about us?

proud gonzo
What? Yeah, my info is on facebook, but this is a bunch of people that I basically knew would hate me from the first word. Not exactly the kind you want to know about you.you could have changed that by not being a jerk.

and what do you know about this group of people? you won't even read this THREAD, how could you possibly know anything about us?

hurricane'bone
11/21/2006, 01:33 AM

You said things that those of us who know him have given him a hard time about it, that people who were in Pride with him would help them realize who he is.

That to me is the same type of information as GHP asking why if you are an all-state trombone player would you decide to play baritone.

hurricane'bone

You said things that those of us who know him have given him a hard time about it, that people who were in Pride with him would help them realize who he is.

That to me is the same type of information as GHP asking why if you are an all-state trombone player would you decide to play baritone.

proud gonzo

do you realize most of us are so disappointed with the current pride director BECAUSE the Pride matters so much to us?

proud gonzo

do you realize most of us are so disappointed with the current pride director BECAUSE the Pride matters so much to us?

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:34 AM

Yeah, and I was totally serious.

gyrocaps

Yeah, and I was totally serious.

Sooner_Havok
My roommate really thinks we should have lines of speakers in the band section hooked up to an ipod.

Sooner_Havok
My roommate really thinks we should have lines of speakers in the band section hooked up to an ipod.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:35 AM

He told us he was the soloist on the 2001 CD! My roommate was in the '03 Pride with him. That is the only reason I know who he is!

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:35 AM

He told us he was the soloist on the 2001 CD! My roommate was in the '03 Pride with him. That is the only reason I know who he is!

PrideTuba
11/21/2006, 01:36 AM

Looks like step 1 has been figured out, now onto step 2. Who gets to pick the songs and control the iPod?

PrideTuba

Looks like step 1 has been figured out, now onto step 2. Who gets to pick the songs and control the iPod?

hurricane'bone

Fantastic! So who is your roommate?

hurricane'bone

Fantastic! So who is your roommate?

GottaHavePride

Heh. Slight mis-understanding. I was the soloist in 2001. However, I was not in the 2003 Pride - that was PrideTrombone.

GottaHavePride

Heh. Slight mis-understanding. I was the soloist in 2001. However, I was not in the 2003 Pride - that was PrideTrombone.

Ike
11/21/2006, 01:37 AM

That would rock. I have the 1997 prides Boomer on my ipod that I have to play here at home when we score because I can't hear it on TV. Maybe we can just go with something like that?

Ike
11/21/2006, 01:37 AM

That would rock. I have the 1997 prides Boomer on my ipod that I have to play here at home when we score because I can't hear it on TV. Maybe we can just go with something like that?

soonerboomer93
11/21/2006, 01:38 AM

yeah, we decided this thread is way more entertaining then the actual Pride itself

soonerboomer93

yeah, we decided this thread is way more entertaining then the actual Pride itself

gyrocaps

Oh, damn me. Silly screen names with the word Pride in them. Since I'm not a regular (obviously) it's hard to keep all this stuff straight.

My roommate is euph_jay. He told me about this post and encouraged me to give my input and take part in the joy that is this forum.

gyrocaps

Oh, damn me. Silly screen names with the word Pride in them. Since I'm not a regular (obviously) it's hard to keep all this stuff straight.

My roommate is euph_jay. He told me about this post and encouraged me to give my input and take part in the joy that is this forum.

Scott D
like we scored enough in 1997 for the band to be playing it..unless it's the basketball band ;)

Scott D
like we scored enough in 1997 for the band to be playing it..unless it's the basketball band ;)

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:39 AM

How about you? Ok, roommate just added that for marching, the speakers can be placed in wagons and pulled by the John Deer gator!

Sooner_Havok
11/21/2006, 01:39 AM

How about you? Ok, roommate just added that for marching, the speakers can be placed in wagons and pulled by the John Deer gator!

Scott D
11/21/2006, 01:40 AM

this is probably the best idea from Joe C's point of view. Gives him a chance to sell more advertising time in between verses.

Scott D

this is probably the best idea from Joe C's point of view. Gives him a chance to sell more advertising time in between verses.

Tulsa_Fireman
I can sing Boomer Sooner. Will that help?

Tulsa_Fireman
I can sing Boomer Sooner. Will that help?

gyrocaps

I can see the connection you're making, but if you'll look back, it's really not the same.

I'm not really upset about the whole info thing to be honest. This is really just slightly heated banter and we're all adult enough to realize that. I'd probably like you all if I met you in person. That's the irony of the whole thing.

gyrocaps

I can see the connection you're making, but if you'll look back, it's really not the same.

I'm not really upset about the whole info thing to be honest. This is really just slightly heated banter and we're all adult enough to realize that. I'd probably like you all if I met you in person. That's the irony of the whole thing.

Scott D
11/21/2006, 01:41 AM
no I'm pretty sure you'd hate Andy, he's a bastard...and 1TC, he's ok as long as you don't own any carpeting.

Scott D
11/21/2006, 01:41 AM
no I'm pretty sure you'd hate Andy, he's a bastard...and 1TC, he's ok as long as you don't own any carpeting.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2006, 01:43 AM

Wish I could say the same. After reading this thread and your responses, you sound like an officious pr*ck and a fella that'd take an effort not to thump in the skull.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2006, 01:43 AM

Wish I could say the same. After reading this thread and your responses, you sound like an officious pr*ck and a fella that'd take an effort not to thump in the skull.

GottaHavePride
11/21/2006, 01:44 AM

Heh. don't take it too personally, but people around here don't react real well to Pride threads. It's just an on-going thing over here since one popped up in about 2003 where a non-musician asked "why was the Pride so quiet on Saturday?" that thread spawned what started as a civil discussion, with people like PrideTrombone and myself pointing out the differences in how the Pride is run now, and the differences between Mr. Britt's sound concept and Gene Thrailkill's.

After about 5 pages a couple of Pride members turned up and represented themselves very poorly by insulting both PrideTrombone and hurricane'bone (formerly OklahomaTrombone). I believe they called them ****ty people and said they wouldn't want them teaching their children, or some such.

since then posters around here haven't had very high expectations of Pride members coming on here to take up Mr. Britt's "side".

GottaHavePride

Heh. don't take it too personally, but people around here don't react real well to Pride threads. It's just an on-going thing over here since one popped up in about 2003 where a non-musician asked "why was the Pride so quiet on Saturday?" that thread spawned what started as a civil discussion, with people like PrideTrombone and myself pointing out the differences in how the Pride is run now, and the differences between Mr. Britt's sound concept and Gene Thrailkill's.

After about 5 pages a couple of Pride members turned up and represented themselves very poorly by insulting both PrideTrombone and hurricane'bone (formerly OklahomaTrombone). I believe they called them ****ty people and said they wouldn't want them teaching their children, or some such.

since then posters around here haven't had very high expectations of Pride members coming on here to take up Mr. Britt's "side".

gyrocaps

Haha, I'll probably never know.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Good luck in your quest for change in the band.

I'll have to get in on some of the actual football threads sometime, if I'm still welcome after all this.

gyrocaps

Haha, I'll probably never know.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Good luck in your quest for change in the band.

I'll have to get in on some of the actual football threads sometime, if I'm still welcome after all this.

soonerboomer93
11/21/2006, 01:45 AM

hey, he's stepped up to trashcans now

soonerboomer93
11/21/2006, 01:45 AM

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:47 AM

Noted, for sure. I didn't expect my remarks to be taken well. In fact, I phrased them in a way that they had no chance.

I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person, I love the Pride and I love OU. You can probably understand how Pride members would get defensive when something they devote so much time to is being minimalized.

gyrocaps
11/21/2006, 01:47 AM

Noted, for sure. I didn't expect my remarks to be taken well. In fact, I phrased them in a way that they had no chance.

I guess my point after the whole thing is that I like the way Mr. Britt teaches and I think he's a great person, I love the Pride and I love OU. You can probably understand how Pride members would get defensive when something they devote so much time to is being minimalized.

Scott D
11/21/2006, 01:48 AM

I'm still ****ed I didn't get boulder girl's number from him. She looked like a few cups of fun ;)

Scott D
11/21/2006, 01:48 AM

I'm still ****ed I didn't get boulder girl's number from him. She looked like a few cups of fun ;)