PDA

View Full Version : Brian Britt

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:21 PM
Oh, I couldn't understand you because your mouf was full. Tell Carl I said hello.:P

Full? You can't even reach my molars.

JohnnyMack
Oh, I couldn't understand you because your mouf was full. Tell Carl I said hello.:P

Full? You can't even reach my molars.

proud gonzo
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*are you on meth?

proud gonzo
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*are you on meth?

Ash
11/20/2006, 10:22 PM
decline? there's an infestation around here.

I should have clarified, the "quality" has declined.

Ash
11/20/2006, 10:22 PM
decline? there's an infestation around here.

I should have clarified, the "quality" has declined.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:23 PM
are you on meth?
1,000,000 points if you can place the quote.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:23 PM
are you on meth?
1,000,000 points if you can place the quote.

Cam
11/20/2006, 10:24 PM
There are a few number of people that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.
Those people post a lot.
Therefore, there are a lot of posts that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.

There are more than you think, you just haven't been around long enough to see the threads. That, or you've ignored them.

The Pride, or any other marching band, is there for the enjoyment of the fans. If the majority of the fans don't enjoy it, you or Mr Britt aren't doing their job.

Cam
11/20/2006, 10:24 PM
Those people post a lot.

There are more than you think, you just haven't been around long enough to see the threads. That, or you've ignored them.

The Pride, or any other marching band, is there for the enjoyment of the fans. If the majority of the fans don't enjoy it, you or Mr Britt aren't doing their job.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:25 PM
some dickwheel on the internets?

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:25 PM
some dickwheel on the internets?

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:27 PM
On the one hand I want to show off my Arrested Development knowledge.

On the other hand, I really don't want 1,000,000 of whatever this guy's giving.

Frozen Sooner
On the one hand I want to show off my Arrested Development knowledge.

On the other hand, I really don't want 1,000,000 of whatever this guy's giving.

proud gonzo
1,000,000 points if you can place the quote.um, could it maybe be arrested development, you think?

edit: jinx! Froz owes me a moose coke... or a coke moose. your choice.

proud gonzo
1,000,000 points if you can place the quote.um, could it maybe be arrested development, you think?

edit: jinx! Froz owes me a moose coke... or a coke moose. your choice.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:30 PM
One coked-up moose, coming right up.

http://www.toronto.ca/moose/images/moose_273.jpg

(jinx my ***, my timestamp is earlier.) :D

Frozen Sooner
One coked-up moose, coming right up.

http://www.toronto.ca/moose/images/moose_273.jpg

Oldnslo
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*
COMEDY GOLD!

Oldnslo
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*
COMEDY GOLD!

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 10:34 PM
doesn't matter--I'm the one who said jinx. But if you insist, your *** owes me a coke moose or a moose coke.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 10:34 PM
doesn't matter--I'm the one who said jinx. But if you insist, your *** owes me a coke moose or a moose coke.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:36 PM
You got your moose on coke.

But I'll be happy to give you a coke if you visit. Just have Iggy drop you off on his way home or something.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:36 PM
You got your moose on coke.

But I'll be happy to give you a coke if you visit. Just have Iggy drop you off on his way home or something.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 10:42 PM
Those people post a lot.

There are a few(fewer perhaps) number of people that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
Those people generally do not post much because they do not rant, they merely respond to the ranting.
Therefore, there are a limited number of posts that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
You're totally missing on the demographic that is PRO-pride and ANTI-Britt at the same time. Which is, in fact, 90% of the people you're mis-labeling.

I'm extremely pro-Pride. I know what kind of effort goes into that; I was in there for 4 years. Two years with Gene Thrailkill, and two years with Brian Britt.

Heck, I'm not even seriously against Brian Britt. He's a decent guy. You know what I AM against? the lowering of standards. For examples: mark times, both low and high, now look mushy and lazy. It used to be a point of, ahem, PRIDE that we snapped the ever-lovin' **** out of our mark times because TEXAS DIDN'T.

Also, when playing Roland's music he uses articulation markings in very specific ways. this symbol (>) means you play your note long but punchy. THIS symbol (^) means you play the note as short as humanly possible with a ton of bite. He intends ends of phrases to push through into the next phrase, and all cutoffs should be at least as precise as attacks. It's an extremely aggressive, loud, brassy style. Not playing his music that way makes the music sound emasculated.

And no, that's not just my opinion. He said that stuff directly to both the Pride and the basktball bands in rehearsals. His other good quote to the basketball band was "miss a note once, fine, you were sightreading. Miss it twice, go home and practice. Miss it a third time, get the hell out of my band and I'll find someone else willing to learn your part." and no, I'm not exaggerating that quote.

Standards.

And again: watch the name-calling in here. "Don't make me come down offa this... aw, sugar."

And if you don't recognize THAT quote then, well, you really DON'T know what you're talking about when you're trying to compare Mr. Britt's Pride to Coach Thrailkill's Pride.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 10:42 PM
Those people post a lot.

There are a few(fewer perhaps) number of people that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
Those people generally do not post much because they do not rant, they merely respond to the ranting.
Therefore, there are a limited number of posts that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
You're totally missing on the demographic that is PRO-pride and ANTI-Britt at the same time. Which is, in fact, 90% of the people you're mis-labeling.

I'm extremely pro-Pride. I know what kind of effort goes into that; I was in there for 4 years. Two years with Gene Thrailkill, and two years with Brian Britt.

Heck, I'm not even seriously against Brian Britt. He's a decent guy. You know what I AM against? the lowering of standards. For examples: mark times, both low and high, now look mushy and lazy. It used to be a point of, ahem, PRIDE that we snapped the ever-lovin' **** out of our mark times because TEXAS DIDN'T.

Also, when playing Roland's music he uses articulation markings in very specific ways. this symbol (>) means you play your note long but punchy. THIS symbol (^) means you play the note as short as humanly possible with a ton of bite. He intends ends of phrases to push through into the next phrase, and all cutoffs should be at least as precise as attacks. It's an extremely aggressive, loud, brassy style. Not playing his music that way makes the music sound emasculated.

And no, that's not just my opinion. He said that stuff directly to both the Pride and the basktball bands in rehearsals. His other good quote to the basketball band was "miss a note once, fine, you were sightreading. Miss it twice, go home and practice. Miss it a third time, get the hell out of my band and I'll find someone else willing to learn your part." and no, I'm not exaggerating that quote.

Standards.

And again: watch the name-calling in here. "Don't make me come down offa this... aw, sugar."

And if you don't recognize THAT quote then, well, you really DON'T know what you're talking about when you're trying to compare Mr. Britt's Pride to Coach Thrailkill's Pride.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:45 PM
*awards all of them 1,000,000 points each....with club sauce*

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:45 PM
*awards all of them 1,000,000 points each....with club sauce*

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 10:49 PM
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.

No more religion, that's a whole other discussion anyway. And go with the lists!

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 10:49 PM
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.

No more religion, that's a whole other discussion anyway. And go with the lists!

Scott D
11/20/2006, 10:53 PM
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, Jew, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.

welcome to the forum Mr. Britt.

Scott D
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, Jew, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.

welcome to the forum Mr. Britt.

proud gonzo
I thought this was about abortion. There is no better way to describe our band.

;)
ymssra, dude :D

proud gonzo
I thought this was about abortion. There is no better way to describe our band.

;)
ymssra, dude :D

OKLA21FAN
put me in the 'pride stinks right now' list (compared to the past 30 or so years of listening to them)

im an athiest

will that work for you?

OKLA21FAN
put me in the 'pride stinks right now' list (compared to the past 30 or so years of listening to them)

im an athiest

will that work for you?

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 10:55 PM
gyrocaps, considering you're new, I'll give you a warning. You might want to reconsider how you worded your post given that a few of the long-standing regulars around here are of the Jewish faith. Not me personally, but I can't edit your post for you in this forum - all I can do is ban people.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 10:55 PM
gyrocaps, considering you're new, I'll give you a warning. You might want to reconsider how you worded your post given that a few of the long-standing regulars around here are of the Jewish faith. Not me personally, but I can't edit your post for you in this forum - all I can do is ban people.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 10:56 PM
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, Jew, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.for the love of god, read a couple of threads before you post again.

proud gonzo
Can someone make me a list of the reasons why you hate Brian Britt? Also, please list your affliation with the Pride (former member, current member, OU alum, current OU student, Jew, moron). I guess I just don't quite understand where it's all coming from to begin with. I need a concise list as I am mentally retarded.for the love of god, read a couple of threads before you post again.

Ash

:confused:

I guess I go under the "gentile" heading....?

Ash

:confused:

I guess I go under the "gentile" heading....?

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:58 PM

Sounds like you've got the hammer, son. I'm not gonna build your toolbox for you.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:58 PM

Sounds like you've got the hammer, son. I'm not gonna build your toolbox for you.

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:01 PM
Oh, that wasn't an insult, I just wanted to make it clear that I want to know your affliation. My girlfriend is Jewish and I love her to death. You can edit that out if you'd like, didn't mean to offend.

gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:01 PM
Oh, that wasn't an insult, I just wanted to make it clear that I want to know your affliation. My girlfriend is Jewish and I love her to death. You can edit that out if you'd like, didn't mean to offend.

gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, some of my best friends are Jewish as well.

:rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, some of my best friends are Jewish as well.

:rolleyes:

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:03 PM

What does religious affiliation have to do with anything in this thread?

I'm a You'readumbassatarian. How's that work for you?

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:03 PM

sooneron
11/20/2006, 11:04 PM
He ^ beat me to it^^^.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 11:04 PM
He ^ beat me to it^^^.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:05 PM
Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.

That's exactly what we expect you to do, so maybe you'll avoid making as big a fool out of yourself as you've done.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:05 PM
Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.

That's exactly what we expect you to do, so maybe you'll avoid making as big a fool out of yourself as you've done.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 11:06 PM

You don't need anything. You want a concise list. And I doubt you'll get it. And if you really needed the information (which you don't, you merely want it), you WOULD read all 13 pages.

Please don't pull the "some of my best friends are..." crap. If you loved your girlfriend you would respect her heritage and recognize her as an equal human being, rather than slighting her.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 11:06 PM

You don't need anything. You want a concise list. And I doubt you'll get it. And if you really needed the information (which you don't, you merely want it), you WOULD read all 13 pages.

Please don't pull the "some of my best friends are..." crap. If you loved your girlfriend you would respect her heritage and recognize her as an equal human being, rather than slighting her.

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 11:07 PM

what does our affiliation matter at all. We all have the 2 in common that matter. Fans of OU and fans who want the pride back in the PRIDE.

soonerboomer93

what does our affiliation matter at all. We all have the 2 in common that matter. Fans of OU and fans who want the pride back in the PRIDE.

GottaHavePride

See, the context, along with the proximity to the word "moron" led me to assume you were equating being Jewish with idiocy in terms of reasons someone might not like Brian Britt. And as I said - I'm not an admin, I'm just a moderator. My powers are very limited in this forum. My options consist of banning you or not. And in light of this:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You further warrant that you will not post photos or links to any pornographic or otherwise lewd or unacceptable materials. Personal attacks on other posters, including name-calling, vulgar or not, are strictly prohibited and may result in suspension of posting privileges or banning from the board.

I'd prefer you edit the post. I asked nicely once already.

GottaHavePride

See, the context, along with the proximity to the word "moron" led me to assume you were equating being Jewish with idiocy in terms of reasons someone might not like Brian Britt. And as I said - I'm not an admin, I'm just a moderator. My powers are very limited in this forum. My options consist of banning you or not. And in light of this:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You further warrant that you will not post photos or links to any pornographic or otherwise lewd or unacceptable materials. Personal attacks on other posters, including name-calling, vulgar or not, are strictly prohibited and may result in suspension of posting privileges or banning from the board.

gyrocaps

...and apparently you're 12. Goooooooo preteen!

If I had added other religions would that be better? Is it somehow better that you call me an *** than that I say the name of a religion while making no reference to my opinion of that religion? Boy howdy you all jump to conclusions.

PS I know it has nothing to do with it, forget I said anything. I just wanted to place myself firmly in the "everyone thinks I'm an idiot category" as I'm going to be there to begin with for support Mr. Britt.

gyrocaps

If I had added other religions would that be better? Is it somehow better that you call me an *** than that I say the name of a religion while making no reference to my opinion of that religion? Boy howdy you all jump to conclusions.

PS I know it has nothing to do with it, forget I said anything. I just wanted to place myself firmly in the "everyone thinks I'm an idiot category" as I'm going to be there to begin with for support Mr. Britt.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 11:08 PM

gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.oh, I'll make your summary right away, sir, because I don't have anything better to do and it's my JOB to meet every single request of n00bs.

While I'm at it, could you make a consise list of all the stupid things you've ever said? That'd be really helpful. :rolleyes:

proud gonzo

gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages? I doubt you're that patient either, in fact, you post proves that you're not.oh, I'll make your summary right away, sir, because I don't have anything better to do and it's my JOB to meet every single request of n00bs.

While I'm at it, could you make a consise list of all the stupid things you've ever said? That'd be really helpful. :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
and I see you edited already. Good choice.

GottaHavePride
and I see you edited already. Good choice.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:09 PM
oh, I'll make your summary right away, sir, because I don't have anything better to do and it's my JOB to meet every single request of n00bs.

I was going to post a picture of "Mein Kampf" but I guess the dude already edited. Plus, it would have been out of line.

Frozen Sooner
oh, I'll make your summary right away, sir, because I don't have anything better to do and it's my JOB to meet every single request of n00bs.

I was going to post a picture of "Mein Kampf" but I guess the dude already edited. Plus, it would have been out of line.

gyrocaps

Waaaaait wait wait... #1 I edited my post #2 if you want to get into specifics, gonzo did some name calling himself. You going to warn him?

gyrocaps

Waaaaait wait wait... #1 I edited my post #2 if you want to get into specifics, gonzo did some name calling himself. You going to warn him?

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, GHP! Warn him!

Better yet, walk across the hall and beat his ***! That'll teach him!

Frozen Sooner
Yeah, GHP! Warn him!

Better yet, walk across the hall and beat his ***! That'll teach him!

sooneron
I hate dude - jerk PG!

sooneron
I hate dude - jerk PG!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages?

:rcmad: son, let me introduce you to the concept of a message board...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
gonzo: I would read, but I don't have time for ramblings and rampant profanity. That's why I said I needed a concise list. Like you all said, I'm new, do you really expect me to back-read 13 pages?

:rcmad: son, let me introduce you to the concept of a message board...

hurricane'bone

strrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-kkkkkke 1

gonzo did some name calling himself.

strrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-kkkkkke 2

hurricane'bone

strrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-kkkkkke 1

gonzo did some name calling himself.

strrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-kkkkkke 2

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:12 PM
PS I know it has nothing to do with it, forget I said anything.

Good choice.

I just wanted to place myself firmly in the "everyone thinks I'm an idiot category" as I'm going to be there to begin with for support Mr. Britt.

You did accomplish that nicely. Kudos.

PrideTrombone
PS I know it has nothing to do with it, forget I said anything.

Good choice.

I just wanted to place myself firmly in the "everyone thinks I'm an idiot category" as I'm going to be there to begin with for support Mr. Britt.

You did accomplish that nicely. Kudos.

gyrocaps

No, I won't do that, because it would be a waste of time and the list would be unending. Just a simple, concise list of your personal reasons for disliking Mr. Britt is all I asked for. I guess if that's too much... well...

gyrocaps

No, I won't do that, because it would be a waste of time and the list would be unending. Just a simple, concise list of your personal reasons for disliking Mr. Britt is all I asked for. I guess if that's too much... well...

Cam
Noobs rule.

Oh, and if you'd have read thru the previous 13 pages, you'd already have your list.

Cam
Noobs rule.

Oh, and if you'd have read thru the previous 13 pages, you'd already have your list.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Yeah, GHP! Warn him!

Better yet, walk across the hall and beat his ***! Then come back and tell me about it! and his feet, don't forget his feet.

is this what no sunlight does to you?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Yeah, GHP! Warn him!

Better yet, walk across the hall and beat his ***! Then come back and tell me about it! and his feet, don't forget his feet.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 11:13 PM

You must have edited while I was typing that. Again, good call. I prefer not to ban people that actually come here to contribute to discussions.

And PG called you a n00b. Considering you have all of about 5 posts right now, I'd call it a valid assessment. AND she's my sister. I'd get kicked in the shins if I banned her.

GottaHavePride

You must have edited while I was typing that. Again, good call. I prefer not to ban people that actually come here to contribute to discussions.

And PG called you a n00b. Considering you have all of about 5 posts right now, I'd call it a valid assessment. AND she's my sister. I'd get kicked in the shins if I banned her.

yermom

http://www.answers.com/topic/jew

Jew -

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

[Middle English Jeu, from Old French giu, from Latin Iūdaeus, from Greek Ioudaios, from Aramaic yəhudāy, from Hebrew yəhûdî, inhabitant of Judah, from yəhûdâ, Judah. See Judah2.]

USAGE NOTE It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun.

Jewish American is the preferred nomenclature ;)

yermom

http://www.answers.com/topic/jew

Jew -

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

[Middle English Jeu, from Old French giu, from Latin Iūdaeus, from Greek Ioudaios, from Aramaic yəhudāy, from Hebrew yəhûdî, inhabitant of Judah, from yəhûdâ, Judah. See Judah2.]

USAGE NOTE It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun.

Jewish American is the preferred nomenclature ;)

Frozen Sooner
Wait, can we get an a/s/l check here? I'm all confused.

13/f/your dreemz!

Frozen Sooner

13/f/your dreemz!

MrBabycake
Apologize and drop it if you've a spine.

MrBabycake
Apologize and drop it if you've a spine.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
what is with the mr britt crap? the guy goes by bri around here.

[ducks]

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
what is with the mr britt crap? the guy goes by bri around here.

[ducks]

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:14 PM

No, I'm pretty much like that all the time. No sun just makes me more pale.

So kinda translucent, really.

Frozen Sooner

No, I'm pretty much like that all the time. No sun just makes me more pale.

So kinda translucent, really.

proud gonzo
Waaaaait wait wait... #1 I edited my post #2 if you want to get into specifics, gonzo did some name calling himself. You going to warn him?would you mind quoting me?

proud gonzo
Waaaaait wait wait... #1 I edited my post #2 if you want to get into specifics, gonzo did some name calling himself. You going to warn him?would you mind quoting me?

yermom

13/f/your dreemz!

how YOU doin'?

yermom

13/f/your dreemz!

how YOU doin'?

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:16 PM

No, no, no, she (sorry, assumed you were a he at first) called me an A S S. If this board wasn't Communist you would've seen that in my other post.

Wait, can I say Communist or does that offend someone's Russian heritage?

gyrocaps

No, no, no, she (sorry, assumed you were a he at first) called me an A S S. If this board wasn't Communist you would've seen that in my other post.

Frozen Sooner
would you mind quoting me?

Not at all.

We represent the lollipop guild!

Frozen Sooner
would you mind quoting me?

Not at all.

We represent the lollipop guild!

Frozen Sooner
how YOU doin'?

(giggle)

Got a pic?

(I'm so going to get yermom on Dateline...)

Frozen Sooner
how YOU doin'?

(giggle)

Got a pic?

proud gonzo

where did I say that?

proud gonzo

where did I say that?

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:17 PM

"You'readumbassatarian."

Ouch! It's a deep burn.

gyrocaps

"You'readumbassatarian."

Ouch! It's a deep burn.

yermom

i thought she was just giving you 3 stars

sounds kinda generous to me

yermom

i thought she was just giving you 3 stars

sounds kinda generous to me

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:19 PM

Never mind, you did notice.

PrideTrombone

Never mind, you did notice.

hurricane'bone
Have you guys noticed something, most of these posts use some of the same phrases. They all want a "simple, concise list." It's almost like they are getting spoon-fed what to say in an e-mail or in person by someone.

Chris? Chris Evans? Is that you? I know how you like to pass along things that come across message boards.

hurricane'bone
Have you guys noticed something, most of these posts use some of the same phrases. They all want a "simple, concise list." It's almost like they are getting spoon-fed what to say in an e-mail or in person by someone.

Chris? Chris Evans? Is that you? I know how you like to pass along things that come across message boards.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 11:20 PM
I'm still not seeing this alleged ***-calling. I jinxed froz's *** a while back, but that's totally different.

proud gonzo
I'm still not seeing this alleged ***-calling. I jinxed froz's *** a while back, but that's totally different.

gyrocaps
How ironic is it that people expect me to read 13 pages worth of overly profane drivel, but they can't even manage to read my post and remember it long enough to respond?

gyrocaps
How ironic is it that people expect me to read 13 pages worth of overly profane drivel, but they can't even manage to read my post and remember it long enough to respond?

Frozen Sooner
Wait a minute, having a profanity filter=communist?

Frozen Sooner

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:22 PM

oooo, that's my bad homie. It was the trombone guy, not you. I love you, we're still friends, right?

Anyway, where's trombone guy's warning! Crucify him!

Wait, can I say the word crucify or does that offend someone's Christianity? Wait... I'm Christian... wow.

gyrocaps

oooo, that's my bad homie. It was the trombone guy, not you. I love you, we're still friends, right?

Wait, can I say the word crucify or does that offend someone's Christianity? Wait... I'm Christian... wow.

sooneron
But the profane drivel was the best part of the thread!

sooneron
But the profane drivel was the best part of the thread!

soonerboomer93
(giggle)

Got a pic?

I put on my robe and wizard hat

soonerboomer93
(giggle)

Got a pic?

I put on my robe and wizard hat

Scott D

If you don't want to follow the rules Comrade, then you are more than welcome to get the hell out of here.

Scott D

If you don't want to follow the rules Comrade, then you are more than welcome to get the hell out of here.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

what does a junior know about communism?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

what does a junior know about communism?

birddog
maybe we should get michael richards down to norman to address the pride.

birddog
maybe we should get michael richards down to norman to address the pride.

Sooner_Havok
11/20/2006, 11:23 PM

Ok, I am a student, and I don't like Brian Britt. Why? 5 years ago, the formations where crisp, the music was loud, and the band didn't try to rip off something the aggies ripped off from the Jay Hawks. Not enough? He tries to do "precision" marching but can't even get the lines straight. Need more? The OU fans have asked him to stop doing something they don't think is appropriate, he basically says f*ck you, this is my band and I will do what I want. Then, when people get mad, he doesn't understand why. When I first got into the student section 5 years ago, you couldn't talk while the pride was playing, now I make cell phone calls because it is so quiet. Plus, he doesn't even make an attempt to bend. I know it is hard, but at least try man!

Sooner_Havok

Ok, I am a student, and I don't like Brian Britt. Why? 5 years ago, the formations where crisp, the music was loud, and the band didn't try to rip off something the aggies ripped off from the Jay Hawks. Not enough? He tries to do "precision" marching but can't even get the lines straight. Need more? The OU fans have asked him to stop doing something they don't think is appropriate, he basically says f*ck you, this is my band and I will do what I want. Then, when people get mad, he doesn't understand why. When I first got into the student section 5 years ago, you couldn't talk while the pride was playing, now I make cell phone calls because it is so quiet. Plus, he doesn't even make an attempt to bend. I know it is hard, but at least try man!

birddog

talk about drivel.

birddog

talk about drivel.

GottaHavePride

??? I'm not seeing that anywhere in regards to you. I saw PrideTrombone use the you'readumbassatarian thing, but considering he's been posting here since 2000 or earlier AND he's a site sponsor, he gets a lot of slack.

GottaHavePride

??? I'm not seeing that anywhere in regards to you. I saw PrideTrombone use the you'readumbassatarian thing, but considering he's been posting here since 2000 or earlier AND he's a site sponsor, he gets a lot of slack.

gyrocaps

You're right, that's a Democratic thing now. FCC right?

gyrocaps

You're right, that's a Democratic thing now. FCC right?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
I jinxed froz's *** a while back, but that's totally different.

you, nanook, and paris hilton...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
I jinxed froz's *** a while back, but that's totally different.

you, nanook, and paris hilton...

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:24 PM

Post reported.

Frozen Sooner

Post reported.

gyrocaps

Oh, I see, so we discriminate against new people and poor people. Cool.

We're off subject, where's my list you silly geeses?!

gyrocaps

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

in other words, the capitalist pigs are keeping you down comrade

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

in other words, the capitalist pigs are keeping you down comrade

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 11:25 PM
Post reported.**** off dip **** ;)

proud gonzo
Post reported.**** off dip **** ;)

birddog

havok pretty much summed up everyone's concerns.

birddog

havok pretty much summed up everyone's concerns.

Frozen Sooner

First you hate communists.

Now you hate capitalism.

Anything you like other than your Canadian girlfriend and Brian Britt?

Frozen Sooner

First you hate communists.

Now you hate capitalism.

Anything you like other than your Canadian girlfriend and Brian Britt?

GottaHavePride

Oh, and I forgot to mention PT is a fraternity brother and former roommate of mine. And former section leader in the Pride. Yeah, he gets cut some slack. From me, anyway. jkm's results may vary. ;)

GottaHavePride

Oh, and I forgot to mention PT is a fraternity brother and former roommate of mine. And former section leader in the Pride. Yeah, he gets cut some slack. From me, anyway. jkm's results may vary. ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:26 PM
**** off dip **** ;)

You make me shiver when you talk like that.

Oh, wait. The fact that it's 15 degrees outside is making me shiver.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:26 PM
**** off dip **** ;)

birddog
11/20/2006, 11:27 PM

erect nipple pics?

birddog

erect nipple pics?

Frozen Sooner
I've reversed my stance on the current state of the Pride, by the way. If the pride sucking can spawn such massively entertaining threads like this...well, I have Boomer Sooner on my iPod.

Frozen Sooner
I've reversed my stance on the current state of the Pride, by the way. If the pride sucking can spawn such massively entertaining threads like this...well, I have Boomer Sooner on my iPod.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

oh, so now i'm the imbalanced one? so much for getting your sister an internship...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

oh, so now i'm the imbalanced one? so much for getting your sister an internship...

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:28 PM
erect nipple pics?

Yeah, you're going to be the dumbass to pulls up to the Dateline house while yermom is getting arrested and will still go inside.

:D

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:28 PM
erect nipple pics?

Yeah, you're going to be the dumbass to pulls up to the Dateline house while yermom is getting arrested and will still go inside.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 11:29 PM

Heh.

GottaHavePride

Heh.

soonerboomer93

In communist Russia you don't post on message board, message board posts on you

soonerboomer93

proud gonzo
oh, so now i'm the imbalanced one? so much for getting your sister an internship...what??? :eek:

proud gonzo
oh, so now i'm the imbalanced one? so much for getting your sister an internship...what??? :eek:

hurricane'bone

Depending on which version you have, it might have a GHP solo on it.

;)

hurricane'bone

;)

Cam
**** off dip **** ;)
You had me at ****.

Cam
**** off dip **** ;)
You had me at ****.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:30 PM

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/images/050401/koolaidman.jpg

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:30 PM

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/images/050401/koolaidman.jpg

Sooner_Havok
11/20/2006, 11:31 PM
Since we are all so busy here, just thought I would let you guys know Clint Ingram just intercepted Eli

Edit: Continue the Britt Bashing Fest :D

Sooner_Havok
Since we are all so busy here, just thought I would let you guys know Clint Ingram just intercepted Eli

birddog

i'll bring the mcD's and some peach wine coolers.

birddog

i'll bring the mcD's and some peach wine coolers.

soonerboomer93

ymssr....

(this is one massively entertaining thread, 5 stars worth, and it's own browser tab)

soonerboomer93

ymssr....

(this is one massively entertaining thread, 5 stars worth, and it's own browser tab)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
why you gotta bring dean's momma into this?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
why you gotta bring dean's momma into this?

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:32 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about. You're my boy!

"5 years ago, the formations where crisp ... He tries to do "precision" marching but can't even get the lines straight."

It's hard to argue whether or not the formations were crisp as I haven't seen much from those days, so I'll take your word for it. Here's my problem, can you blame that on Brian Britt? Is quality of marchers in the Pride his fault? Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.

"The OU fans have asked him to stop doing something they don't think is appropriate, he basically says f*ck you, this is my band and I will do what I want."

Can you truly say you'd do differently if you were under essentially unwarranted attacks from random fans?

"he doesn't even make an attempt to bend"

What evidence do you have of this? The Pride has changed a lot over the years, some things work, some things don't. That's what change is all about.

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:32 PM

"5 years ago, the formations where crisp ... He tries to do "precision" marching but can't even get the lines straight."

It's hard to argue whether or not the formations were crisp as I haven't seen much from those days, so I'll take your word for it. Here's my problem, can you blame that on Brian Britt? Is quality of marchers in the Pride his fault? Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.

"The OU fans have asked him to stop doing something they don't think is appropriate, he basically says f*ck you, this is my band and I will do what I want."

Can you truly say you'd do differently if you were under essentially unwarranted attacks from random fans?

What evidence do you have of this? The Pride has changed a lot over the years, some things work, some things don't. That's what change is all about.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:33 PM

Hm. He's making a career of intercepting people's suckier brothers.

Didn't he recover a fumble earlier, or did the reverse that one?

Frozen Sooner

GottaHavePride

that's it. After thanksgiving, I'm using a sickle-and-hammer as my avatar.

GottaHavePride

that's it. After thanksgiving, I'm using a sickle-and-hammer as my avatar.

Sooner_Havok
11/20/2006, 11:34 PM
ymssr....

You know, I really just wanted to know who was yelling "Fire Brian Britt" at the Whacko game. I never thought it would turn into this. That said, this is pretty entertaining :D

Sooner_Havok
ymssr....

You know, I really just wanted to know who was yelling "Fire Brian Britt" at the Whacko game. I never thought it would turn into this. That said, this is pretty entertaining :D

Frozen Sooner
ymssr....

The Yakov Smirnov reference is going to make me giggle for a couple of hours.

Frozen Sooner
ymssr....

The Yakov Smirnov reference is going to make me giggle for a couple of hours.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Is quality of marchers in the Pride his fault? Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.

brian britt can't recruit!!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Is quality of marchers in the Pride his fault? Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:35 PM

You can't expect a chef to prepare a meal if he doesn't do the shopping!

Frozen Sooner

You can't expect a chef to prepare a meal if he doesn't do the shopping!

Sooner_Havok

It was reversed

Sooner_Havok

It was reversed

GottaHavePride
Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.
We spent 20 minutes a day working on stuff exactly like that, and that was just in 2000. And I don't think the quality of the students has decreased. Hell, I had guys in my section that after 4 years in Pride STILL couldn't play "Oklahoma" correctly, but we sounded good anyway.

GottaHavePride
Have you ever thought that maybe it's the students and not the teacher? This is college marching band, keep that in mind. They've got bigger things to worry about than how crisp their high mark time is.
We spent 20 minutes a day working on stuff exactly like that, and that was just in 2000. And I don't think the quality of the students has decreased. Hell, I had guys in my section that after 4 years in Pride STILL couldn't play "Oklahoma" correctly, but we sounded good anyway.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:36 PM
Well, then, he's still making a career of intercepting suckier brothers.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:36 PM
Well, then, he's still making a career of intercepting suckier brothers.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 11:37 PM
The noobs on the Boise state thread are priceless btw.

sooneron
The noobs on the Boise state thread are priceless btw.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Hell, I had guys in my section that after 4 years in Pride STILL couldn't play "Oklahoma" correctly, but we sounded good anyway.

pfft, a couple of my suitemates were in the pride and they couldn't spell OU if you spotted them both letters.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
Hell, I had guys in my section that after 4 years in Pride STILL couldn't play "Oklahoma" correctly, but we sounded good anyway.

pfft, a couple of my suitemates were in the pride and they couldn't spell OU if you spotted them both letters.

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:39 PM

Now THAT is brag-able. Can I validly blame you for the fact that people in your section couldn't play? See the parallel?

The Pride has a little more on their plate these days, in case you didn't know. I'll agree that the music this year wasn't what it has been the past few, but I think Mr. Britt realizes that too and my guess is that you'll see a change next year.

gyrocaps
11/20/2006, 11:39 PM

Now THAT is brag-able. Can I validly blame you for the fact that people in your section couldn't play? See the parallel?

The Pride has a little more on their plate these days, in case you didn't know. I'll agree that the music this year wasn't what it has been the past few, but I think Mr. Britt realizes that too and my guess is that you'll see a change next year.

Cam
11/20/2006, 11:40 PM
Since you're too fuggin lazy to find it yourself. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1668488&postcount=150)

Cam
Since you're too fuggin lazy to find it yourself. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1668488&postcount=150)

Sooner_Havok
This GD clock problem is starting to mess me up

Sooner_Havok
This GD clock problem is starting to mess me up

hurricane'bone

What more does The Pride have on their plate?

hurricane'bone

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 11:41 PM

Considering the guys I'm referring to never came to sectionals because they were Kappa Kappa Psi and on "truck crew"? Tough for me to teach them a part when they never show up...

GottaHavePride

Considering the guys I'm referring to never came to sectionals because they were Kappa Kappa Psi and on "truck crew"? Tough for me to teach them a part when they never show up...

soonerboomer93

Actually it is Brian Britt's responsibility. His JOB is to make sure that a quality product is on the field week in and week out. His JOB is to make sure that the Pride has quality marchers and to make sure that those who aren't "quality" have the practice necessary to improve. Not everyone has to be perfect, but the group as a whole needs to improve on basic fundaments of marching.

You're posting for the first time today. You have no idea of the other things that have occured. Needless to say, fans around here didn't start saying "Brian Britt Sucks" without trying to help the Pride first.

soonerboomer93

Actually it is Brian Britt's responsibility. His JOB is to make sure that a quality product is on the field week in and week out. His JOB is to make sure that the Pride has quality marchers and to make sure that those who aren't "quality" have the practice necessary to improve. Not everyone has to be perfect, but the group as a whole needs to improve on basic fundaments of marching.

You're posting for the first time today. You have no idea of the other things that have occured. Needless to say, fans around here didn't start saying "Brian Britt Sucks" without trying to help the Pride first.

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 11:42 PM

Dude. They HAVE MORE ON THEIR PLATE NOW!

Like learning how to wave wheat. That doesn't just happen by itself.

Frozen Sooner

Dude. They HAVE MORE ON THEIR PLATE NOW!

Like learning how to wave wheat. That doesn't just happen by itself.

GottaHavePride
Oh, fyi, if anyone is wondering who I am... find the 2001 Pride CD. Listen to Malaguena. The trombone solo? Me.

GottaHavePride
Oh, fyi, if anyone is wondering who I am... find the 2001 Pride CD. Listen to Malaguena. The trombone solo? Me.

soonerboomer93

;)

I need to find out which version I have at home now

soonerboomer93

;)

I need to find out which version I have at home now

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

of course it was his fault, he has yellow fever...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:43 PM

So basically you just said "Hey, it's not Mr. Britt's fault, we have lazy-*** kids who can't play, either." It's not that hard to snap your mark time if you take some personal pride in how you do things. Anyone who actually ends up putting the work in and making the Pride ought to be able to learn their freaking music. And if they don't, screw 'em. Get rid of them.

PrideTrombone

So basically you just said "Hey, it's not Mr. Britt's fault, we have lazy-*** kids who can't play, either." It's not that hard to snap your mark time if you take some personal pride in how you do things. Anyone who actually ends up putting the work in and making the Pride ought to be able to learn their freaking music. And if they don't, screw 'em. Get rid of them.

GottaHavePride

I can't help that I'm a crazy-asian-chick magnet. :D

GottaHavePride

Sooner_Havok
11/20/2006, 11:44 PM

If he realizes the music is crap, then why can't he realize that people don't like (understatement of the year) the waving wheat sh*t?

Sooner_Havok
11/20/2006, 11:44 PM

If he realizes the music is crap, then why can't he realize that people don't like (understatement of the year) the waving wheat sh*t?

GottaHavePride
11/20/2006, 11:45 PM
Anyone who actually ends up putting the work in and making the Pride ought to be able to learn their freaking music. And if they don't, screw 'em. Get rid of them.

Actually, didn't we TRY to cut them at the beginning of the year and got the "they need Pride more than the Pride needs them" speech?

GottaHavePride
Anyone who actually ends up putting the work in and making the Pride ought to be able to learn their freaking music. And if they don't, screw 'em. Get rid of them.

Actually, didn't we TRY to cut them at the beginning of the year and got the "they need Pride more than the Pride needs them" speech?

PrideTuba

I need to know the answer to this too. Maybe the Pride is so busy with learning 4 shows this year, they have no time to practice fundamentals.

PrideTuba

I need to know the answer to this too. Maybe the Pride is so busy with learning 4 shows this year, they have no time to practice fundamentals.

hurricane'bone

I was referring to "Get 'EM!"

hurricane'bone

I was referring to "Get 'EM!"

soonerboomer93

Brazil needs to really export their waxing techniques to Korea

soonerboomer93

Brazil needs to really export their waxing techniques to Korea

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:46 PM

I don't think that was the same year, but yeah, I've heard that argument before. My response was always "If the Pride doesn't need them, that's the end of the story. We're not running a social charity here."

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 11:46 PM

I don't think that was the same year, but yeah, I've heard that argument before. My response was always "If the Pride doesn't need them, that's the end of the story. We're not running a social charity here."