PDA

View Full Version : Brian Britt

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 12:06 PM
Just for clarification.

Either some of you are too stupid and blinded by your hate to realize this or you don't actually attend games and like to complain about stuff you haven't actually seen.

"Hate is a very dangerous emotion. It causes us to act irrationally and to
do and say things that are hurtful and destructive to others." -Brian Britt, on firebrianbritt.com

A link to Mr. Britt's email to the Pride (http://firebrianbritt.com/BBemail2.html)

Why is it that Brian and his cronies regard any criticism as blind hate? I don't think anyone on here hates the Pride. I would say most of us actually love the Pride itself, but hate the direction it's going, their shows, their volume, and severely dislike the cigarette-lobbyist they have for a band director, and the band GA's who think they actually matter to anybody for anything.

And EuphJay, just because YOU don't know something about the Pride or Britt, don't think it's not true. I promise there's a lot of stuff about Brian Britt you don't know, and probably wouldn't want to know because nobody in Pride wants to believe that Brian Britt is anything less than the second coming.

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 12:06 PM
Just for clarification.

Either some of you are too stupid and blinded by your hate to realize this or you don't actually attend games and like to complain about stuff you haven't actually seen.

"Hate is a very dangerous emotion. It causes us to act irrationally and to
do and say things that are hurtful and destructive to others." -Brian Britt, on firebrianbritt.com

A link to Mr. Britt's email to the Pride (http://firebrianbritt.com/BBemail2.html)

Why is it that Brian and his cronies regard any criticism as blind hate? I don't think anyone on here hates the Pride. I would say most of us actually love the Pride itself, but hate the direction it's going, their shows, their volume, and severely dislike the cigarette-lobbyist they have for a band director, and the band GA's who think they actually matter to anybody for anything.

And EuphJay, just because YOU don't know something about the Pride or Britt, don't think it's not true. I promise there's a lot of stuff about Brian Britt you don't know, and probably wouldn't want to know because nobody in Pride wants to believe that Brian Britt is anything less than the second coming.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 12:10 PM
There are a lot of things about me you don't know anything about.

Things you wouldn't understand, you couldn't understand.

Things you...shouldn't understand.

:D

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 12:10 PM
There are a lot of things about me you don't know anything about.

Things you wouldn't understand, you couldn't understand.

Things you...shouldn't understand.

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/20/2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNnIFH6_RU

not that i love tOSU by any means, but this is awesome, I love the Pride, i am in the pride, but it is not going in a good direction, this band is...

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/20/2006, 12:47 PM

not that i love tOSU by any means, but this is awesome, I love the Pride, i am in the pride, but it is not going in a good direction, this band is...

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 12:51 PM
Hey cofCtuba. When did the Pride start doing the "wheat" thing? I don't remember when we started doing it but I also don't remember doing it last year. Just curious.

Either last year or 2004, but its gotten really big this year with the band. When it started the whole band didn't do it, mainly sections near the drumline. It needs to stop though, it seriously looks like aggies, and they will say something at the game saturday, and it will be retarded you can count on that.

And about baylor's band, we're not just talkin about the pep band yall took down, we're talkin about the whole pride. If both bands performed, the baylor band would come off the field lookin better. I hate that, but its true. Don't knock their band, they were decent. The Pride isn't even decent anymore. Fire Brian Britt, for so many reasons. The pride has gone so far down hill because of him, and there's so many other things concerning the ways he has conducted himself outside of Pride that has been talked about some on these forums. It's best just to talk about how the pride has gotten worse since he has been in charge. Brian Britt is not a good man, he is not a good man, that's about the simplest way I can conclude.

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 12:51 PM
Hey cofCtuba. When did the Pride start doing the "wheat" thing? I don't remember when we started doing it but I also don't remember doing it last year. Just curious.

Either last year or 2004, but its gotten really big this year with the band. When it started the whole band didn't do it, mainly sections near the drumline. It needs to stop though, it seriously looks like aggies, and they will say something at the game saturday, and it will be retarded you can count on that.

And about baylor's band, we're not just talkin about the pep band yall took down, we're talkin about the whole pride. If both bands performed, the baylor band would come off the field lookin better. I hate that, but its true. Don't knock their band, they were decent. The Pride isn't even decent anymore. Fire Brian Britt, for so many reasons. The pride has gone so far down hill because of him, and there's so many other things concerning the ways he has conducted himself outside of Pride that has been talked about some on these forums. It's best just to talk about how the pride has gotten worse since he has been in charge. Brian Britt is not a good man, he is not a good man, that's about the simplest way I can conclude.

mrowl
11/20/2006, 12:52 PM

that was really cool.

again, can we get the flutes and clarinets to play trombone and baritone? please?

mrowl
11/20/2006, 12:52 PM

that was really cool.

again, can we get the flutes and clarinets to play trombone and baritone? please?

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/20/2006, 01:01 PM
i think that is a good idea :). less reed more brass. i love their precision, it amazes me

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/20/2006, 01:01 PM
i think that is a good idea :). less reed more brass. i love their precision, it amazes me

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 02:31 PM
curious... is there a pride facebook group?

Yes, there is.

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 02:31 PM
curious... is there a pride facebook group?

Yes, there is.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 03:44 PM
Dolemite, if you could put all the passion you have for hating Britt and the Pride into your spelling and grammer, I think you might be able to run for President.

Just curious. Did you or are you getting a degree from the University of Oklahoma? Because if you are, I am truly embarrassed for OU and our state. I have never seen anyone who uses such a limited vocabulary in trying to convey their point. But I guess you have to use what God gave you upstairs, which apparently only consists of a a big mouth.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 03:44 PM
Dolemite, if you could put all the passion you have for hating Britt and the Pride into your spelling and grammer, I think you might be able to run for President.

Just curious. Did you or are you getting a degree from the University of Oklahoma? Because if you are, I am truly embarrassed for OU and our state. I have never seen anyone who uses such a limited vocabulary in trying to convey their point. But I guess you have to use what God gave you upstairs, which apparently only consists of a a big mouth.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 04:14 PM
It's a trombone player. And yeah, I have the feeling that guy is MrBabyCakes. Every kickoff "We gotta do the waving wheat, **** off our ungrateful fan base!" Or something to that matter. A few people told him politely to shut the **** up too.

I got about 6 trumpets around me to stop though :) We just held our ones up.
What? I heard my name. Oh. No. That wasn't me. I didn't go to Baylor.

And would it be safe to assume that more than 70% of the people who post on this board in opposition to Mr. Britt are tubas? Just wondering.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 04:14 PM
It's a trombone player. And yeah, I have the feeling that guy is MrBabyCakes. Every kickoff "We gotta do the waving wheat, **** off our ungrateful fan base!" Or something to that matter. A few people told him politely to shut the **** up too.

I got about 6 trumpets around me to stop though :) We just held our ones up.

And would it be safe to assume that more than 70% of the people who post on this board in opposition to Mr. Britt are tubas? Just wondering.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 04:26 PM

Oh No you didn't!!!! This is easily the most cocky stupid *** post in the history of this board. It is a message board and if he doesn't want to use proper sentence structure, well by God he isn't being graded on this. You know what is truly an embarrassment to our state? Our Band leaders verbally arguing with fans in the crowd. Seriously they were lucky it was Dolemite and not some real big hillbilly who would punch them between the teeth. It shows a lack of maturity to even acknowledge a rowdy fan, yes you can hear them, just don't say anything to them. I don't care if they call your children...midgets with down syndrome. Instead of attacking the long time poster on here, perhaps you should discuss how the Pride plans on improving their overall noise level. In college football, bands aren't supposed to sound pretty...They are supposed to be loud. Now it isn't just everyone's imagination because we have lots of long time posters both connected with and just general fans and we all agree the band is getting way too quiet. Does Britt plan on addressing these issues or does he plan on getting run out of town?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 04:26 PM

Oh No you didn't!!!! This is easily the most cocky stupid *** post in the history of this board. It is a message board and if he doesn't want to use proper sentence structure, well by God he isn't being graded on this. You know what is truly an embarrassment to our state? Our Band leaders verbally arguing with fans in the crowd. Seriously they were lucky it was Dolemite and not some real big hillbilly who would punch them between the teeth. It shows a lack of maturity to even acknowledge a rowdy fan, yes you can hear them, just don't say anything to them. I don't care if they call your children...midgets with down syndrome. Instead of attacking the long time poster on here, perhaps you should discuss how the Pride plans on improving their overall noise level. In college football, bands aren't supposed to sound pretty...They are supposed to be loud. Now it isn't just everyone's imagination because we have lots of long time posters both connected with and just general fans and we all agree the band is getting way too quiet. Does Britt plan on addressing these issues or does he plan on getting run out of town?

Dio
11/20/2006, 04:29 PM

I don't know about Doleo's grammer, but what about his grammar?

Dio
11/20/2006, 04:29 PM

I don't know about Doleo's grammer, but what about his grammar?

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 04:36 PM
Doleo, how old is your grammer? ;)

Mixer!
11/20/2006, 04:36 PM

sooneron
11/20/2006, 04:42 PM
Post du jour!

Euph jay has to be someone's joke troll to pull something that obvious and stupid.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 04:42 PM
Post du jour!

Euph jay has to be someone's joke troll to pull something that obvious and stupid.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 04:46 PM
Excerpts from the almighty DolemiteSooner...

**** BRIAN BRITT...

****ing pricks ...I wanted to throut but on eof the mother ****ers..I was ****ing ****ed

Its ****ing gay dont defend ...go suck off brian britss ****

i ****ing hate brian britt and I will let him know personlay this time at osu ..I will see how he likes them ****ing apples

GO SUCK BRIAN BRITTS **** BAND BOY

EAH I'LL BET GO SUCK OFF BRITT

Man if that is all it takes to get respect on this board then I have been on the wrong boards all this time. :rolleyes:

Dio ---> :P

euph_jay

**** BRIAN BRITT...

****ing pricks ...I wanted to throut but on eof the mother ****ers..I was ****ing ****ed

Its ****ing gay dont defend ...go suck off brian britss ****

i ****ing hate brian britt and I will let him know personlay this time at osu ..I will see how he likes them ****ing apples

GO SUCK BRIAN BRITTS **** BAND BOY

EAH I'LL BET GO SUCK OFF BRITT

Man if that is all it takes to get respect on this board then I have been on the wrong boards all this time. :rolleyes:

mrowl

I never played Tuba. I held one once. :D

mrowl

I never played Tuba. I held one once. :D

TUSooner
The mere fact that a BAND DIRECTOIR is getting so many pages on a FOOTBALL board is enough to tell me the guy MUST GO!

SuPPort raNDom CApitaLizAtioN!

TUSooner
The mere fact that a BAND DIRECTOIR is getting so many pages on a FOOTBALL board is enough to tell me the guy MUST GO!

SuPPort raNDom CApitaLizAtioN!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 04:47 PM

You still haven't addressed the immaturity of the band?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 04:47 PM

You still haven't addressed the immaturity of the band?

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 04:51 PM
What exactly would you like me to address? Or more importantly, what would you like me to do about it?

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 04:51 PM
What exactly would you like me to address? Or more importantly, what would you like me to do about it?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 04:53 PM
Now it isn't just everyone's imagination because we have lots of long time posters both connected with and just general fans and we all agree the band is getting way too quiet.

I'm not Pride.

I'm not even an alumnus.

I'm just a dumb ol' fireman that was born with a rattle in one hand and a picture of Barry Switzer in the other. I happened to learn the world's best swear words from my old man in two circumstances. His working on the truck, and watching Sooner football. And I remember the Pride. My earliest memories of Sooner football are colored vibrant by the thunder of brass and rifleshots of percussion. Crisp lines and the deep rumble in your chest from your own swelling of pride as crimson and cream, as one, bellow as a monster toward the hapless victim awaiting the onslaught of Oklahoma football. And time may have rose-colored my glasses some...

But I love my Sooners with just a fervent a passion.

Owen Field still rumbles as 80,000 strong cry in defiance of yet another hapless victim.

What's missing nowadays?

The Pride of Oklahoma.

By no fault of their own, apparently. And if getting that Pride back I remember so fondly requires sh*tcannin' this Brian Britt fella, then bounce him and don't let him look back until the mighty Red River is at his backside. I refuse to believe that Pride I remember is dead and gone, the product of a long lost generation. When it's my little girl at my side, index finger stretched high as those 80,000 brothers and sisters in crimson and cream once again roar in defiance, I want her to know what I've had the honor to know. Experience what I've been honored to experience. Love what I have loved over the years...

Is that too much to ask?

Tulsa_Fireman
Now it isn't just everyone's imagination because we have lots of long time posters both connected with and just general fans and we all agree the band is getting way too quiet.

I'm not Pride.

I'm not even an alumnus.

I'm just a dumb ol' fireman that was born with a rattle in one hand and a picture of Barry Switzer in the other. I happened to learn the world's best swear words from my old man in two circumstances. His working on the truck, and watching Sooner football. And I remember the Pride. My earliest memories of Sooner football are colored vibrant by the thunder of brass and rifleshots of percussion. Crisp lines and the deep rumble in your chest from your own swelling of pride as crimson and cream, as one, bellow as a monster toward the hapless victim awaiting the onslaught of Oklahoma football. And time may have rose-colored my glasses some...

Owen Field still rumbles as 80,000 strong cry in defiance of yet another hapless victim.

What's missing nowadays?

The Pride of Oklahoma.

By no fault of their own, apparently. And if getting that Pride back I remember so fondly requires sh*tcannin' this Brian Britt fella, then bounce him and don't let him look back until the mighty Red River is at his backside. I refuse to believe that Pride I remember is dead and gone, the product of a long lost generation. When it's my little girl at my side, index finger stretched high as those 80,000 brothers and sisters in crimson and cream once again roar in defiance, I want her to know what I've had the honor to know. Experience what I've been honored to experience. Love what I have loved over the years...

Is that too much to ask?

yermom

ok, you can discredit "the retard football fan" (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1667406&postcount=112) (classy, by the way ;))

what do you have to say to the intelligent points made by anyone else?

yermom

ok, you can discredit "the retard football fan" (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1667406&postcount=112) (classy, by the way ;))

what do you have to say to the intelligent points made by anyone else?

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 04:56 PM
Give me a list. I'll address them.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 04:56 PM

sooneron
11/20/2006, 05:00 PM
I'm not Pride.

I'm not even an alumnus.

What's missing nowadays?

The Pride of Oklahoma.

Is that too much to ask?
I would like to see your credentials for nostalgia. :D

sooneron
11/20/2006, 05:00 PM
I'm not Pride.

I'm not even an alumnus.

What's missing nowadays?

The Pride of Oklahoma.

Is that too much to ask?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 05:08 PM

Well seeing as you are the only one defending the Britt....I can only assume you are connected since everyone else seems to see the same thing.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 05:08 PM

Well seeing as you are the only one defending the Britt....I can only assume you are connected since everyone else seems to see the same thing.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 05:11 PM
What the heck does that mean? All I want is a summarized list of complaints and I will give you my thoughts on them. A little commentary from the other side of the argument if you will.

euph_jay
11/20/2006, 05:11 PM
What the heck does that mean? All I want is a summarized list of complaints and I will give you my thoughts on them. A little commentary from the other side of the argument if you will.

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:13 PM
Summarized list

Band not loud enough
Band cannot march in straight lines
Band Director is a ********* whom has threatened people using his position of allged power
Band in an attempt to show spirit has committed the sin of 'Aggieism' albeit unintentionally
Band is too quiet
Band is too quiet
and last but not least
Band is too quiet.

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:13 PM
Summarized list

Band not loud enough
Band cannot march in straight lines
Band Director is a ********* whom has threatened people using his position of allged power
Band in an attempt to show spirit has committed the sin of 'Aggieism' albeit unintentionally
Band is too quiet
Band is too quiet
and last but not least
Band is too quiet.

BoulevardSooner
11/20/2006, 05:17 PM
To all of you who seem to relish so much in hatred (and especially Dolemitesooner).

Things I wish your mother would have taught you, or that you would have actually listened if she tried to.

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.
3. The Rotary 4-Way Test. (Read it if you haven't).
4. There are no words in the dictionary that have ***s in them. And words that end in "uck" or "hole" are just the lazy person's way out of having to use their brains to come up with proper vocabulary words.
5. No matter how much they have, some people are just never satisfied.
6. You draw more flies with honey than with vinegar.
7. You'll never be nearly as important as you think (or hope) you are - in the grand scheme of things, you're really quite insignificant.

I am absolutely sick and tired of listening to you people. I have a daughter who has been in the band for four years, and I appreciate the many long hours of work and dedication it takes to be a part of the Pride either as a student or staff member. And I well remember the years of Coach and it wasn't always great back then either. But louder doesn't necessarily mean better, in fact, it usually doesn't. I can hear the band just fine and I appreciate everything they do. Perfect? No. Could they be better? Everybody could. But why in God's name don't you people get on a crusade for something that really matters instead of doing nothing but criticizing others. Things always change and just because it's not the same way it used to be doesn't make it wrong and doesn't mean that it won't evolve and improve. When you're in charge, then you can run the program as you see fit. In the meantime, see #6 above.

I will continue to make my annual donation to the Pride and thank them for the work they do and the support they give to the football team, without thinking that I'm the only one that knows what everyone else likes or dislikes. And hopefully when you grow up and quit throwing temper tantrums like a spoiled 3-year-old, you might make a positive contribution yourself. See #7 above.

BoulevardSooner
11/20/2006, 05:17 PM
To all of you who seem to relish so much in hatred (and especially Dolemitesooner).

Things I wish your mother would have taught you, or that you would have actually listened if she tried to.

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.
4. There are no words in the dictionary that have ***s in them. And words that end in "uck" or "hole" are just the lazy person's way out of having to use their brains to come up with proper vocabulary words.
7. You'll never be nearly as important as you think (or hope) you are - in the grand scheme of things, you're really quite insignificant.

I am absolutely sick and tired of listening to you people. I have a daughter who has been in the band for four years, and I appreciate the many long hours of work and dedication it takes to be a part of the Pride either as a student or staff member. And I well remember the years of Coach and it wasn't always great back then either. But louder doesn't necessarily mean better, in fact, it usually doesn't. I can hear the band just fine and I appreciate everything they do. Perfect? No. Could they be better? Everybody could. But why in God's name don't you people get on a crusade for something that really matters instead of doing nothing but criticizing others. Things always change and just because it's not the same way it used to be doesn't make it wrong and doesn't mean that it won't evolve and improve. When you're in charge, then you can run the program as you see fit. In the meantime, see #6 above.

I will continue to make my annual donation to the Pride and thank them for the work they do and the support they give to the football team, without thinking that I'm the only one that knows what everyone else likes or dislikes. And hopefully when you grow up and quit throwing temper tantrums like a spoiled 3-year-old, you might make a positive contribution yourself. See #7 above.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 05:18 PM
I like watching the drum line warmup. It's pretty cool being a former drummer.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 05:18 PM
I like watching the drum line warmup. It's pretty cool being a former drummer.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:20 PM
Did he mention the Pride is too quiet?

When you can hear flutes over the trumpets in a marching corps, there's somethin' wrong in my book.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:20 PM
Did he mention the Pride is too quiet?

When you can hear flutes over the trumpets in a marching corps, there's somethin' wrong in my book.

mellopride
11/20/2006, 05:22 PM
BoulevardSooner just PWNED you!

mellopride
11/20/2006, 05:22 PM

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:23 PM
is that your mommy?

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:23 PM
is that your mommy?

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 05:24 PM

No, it wouldn't. But even if they were, why would that matter?

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 05:24 PM

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 05:25 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

i'll bet you've registered for a message board twice in your life. once now, and the other to crusade to keep blake...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 05:25 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

i'll bet you've registered for a message board twice in your life. once now, and the other to crusade to keep blake...

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 05:27 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

"your mom goes to college"

OKLA21FAN
11/20/2006, 05:27 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

"your mom goes to college"

mellopride
11/20/2006, 05:28 PM

PWNED!!!

mellopride

PWNED!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
FIRE BOO! [duck]

Tulsa_Fireman
FIRE BOO! [duck]

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 05:31 PM
Yes, they waved the wheat. It sucks. Hard. They do it on every kickoff.

It looks and sounds like this:

http://colleyvillesooner.com/band.wmv

What a bunch of ghey ****ing **** that is.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 05:31 PM

What a bunch of ghey ****ing **** that is.

birddog
11/20/2006, 05:33 PM
i'd rather them do that african dance that dempsey did in Can't Buy Me Love.

birddog
11/20/2006, 05:33 PM
i'd rather them do that african dance that dempsey did in Can't Buy Me Love.

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 05:34 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

I was in the pride for four years and my Mom and Dad agree with me 100% about Brian Britt. Are they hateful people too? My word, it's like Britt has people convinced if you disagree with him you're automatically a "hateful" person and are incapable of developing a well thought out and informed indictment of the pride. Did he ever think that just maybe, just maybe, he could be wrong about the way he does some things, and that just perhaps it's not just people holding personal grudges and they actually think the Pride has gotten and is continuing to get worse?

cofCtuba

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

I was in the pride for four years and my Mom and Dad agree with me 100% about Brian Britt. Are they hateful people too? My word, it's like Britt has people convinced if you disagree with him you're automatically a "hateful" person and are incapable of developing a well thought out and informed indictment of the pride. Did he ever think that just maybe, just maybe, he could be wrong about the way he does some things, and that just perhaps it's not just people holding personal grudges and they actually think the Pride has gotten and is continuing to get worse?

Gandalf_The_Grey
A) I can't imagine anyone criticizing the band members..they do what they are told for the most part and they aren't the ones who asked for 5 million flute players.

B) How does change get made if not by asking people to be held accountable. You say we should support falling standards, how is that going to teach the Pride members anything about life, In the real world, you get fired if production and quality fall off. And the general consensus around here is that the Pride has fallen off.

Gandalf_The_Grey
A) I can't imagine anyone criticizing the band members..they do what they are told for the most part and they aren't the ones who asked for 5 million flute players.

B) How does change get made if not by asking people to be held accountable. You say we should support falling standards, how is that going to teach the Pride members anything about life, In the real world, you get fired if production and quality fall off. And the general consensus around here is that the Pride has fallen off.

mrowl
11/20/2006, 05:35 PM

did you remind her about your pot pie?

mrowl
11/20/2006, 05:35 PM

did you remind her about your pot pie?

mrowl
11/20/2006, 05:37 PM
I think we need to start targeting a replacement.

Short list:

1. tOSU director. VERY straight lines, great sound, and no woodwinds.

2. Baylor director. straight lines, loud sound, and does not know of "waving wheat"

or, has there been anyone that has been an OU pride member and music graduate that is working marching bands somewhere else?

mrowl
11/20/2006, 05:37 PM

Short list:

2. Baylor director. straight lines, loud sound, and does not know of "waving wheat"

or, has there been anyone that has been an OU pride member and music graduate that is working marching bands somewhere else?

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 05:38 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

I don't know much about much. But I do know the Pride ain't what it used to be. Don't know why, but if it's 'cause of the current leadership, then they need to drug out on to the rugby fields and have their collective asses planted by Rufus et al.

The waving wheat thing sucks.

They're not loud enough.

This isn't a 7th grade recital, it's a college football game. I want loud, not perfect.

I want emotion and energy. I want a pride that could earn a game ball like they did in '83.

Again, if this bow-tie mafia that's running the Pride is responsible for it's lack of passion I hope they all get set on fire and put out with a sack of nickels.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 05:38 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

I don't know much about much. But I do know the Pride ain't what it used to be. Don't know why, but if it's 'cause of the current leadership, then they need to drug out on to the rugby fields and have their collective asses planted by Rufus et al.

The waving wheat thing sucks.

They're not loud enough.

This isn't a 7th grade recital, it's a college football game. I want loud, not perfect.

I want emotion and energy. I want a pride that could earn a game ball like they did in '83.

Again, if this bow-tie mafia that's running the Pride is responsible for it's lack of passion I hope they all get set on fire and put out with a sack of nickels.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:45 PM

Now kids, THAT's sig-worthy.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 05:45 PM

Now kids, THAT's sig-worthy.

mellopride
11/20/2006, 05:47 PM

Short list:

You do realize that by having no woodwinds, we could be COPYING, stealing, yet another tradition... uh oh

mellopride

Short list:

You do realize that by having no woodwinds, we could be COPYING, stealing, yet another tradition... uh oh

hurricane'bone

Short list:

Why would you replace Mr. Britt with a copy of Mr. Britt?

hurricane'bone

Short list:

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:49 PM

Personally, I'd like to replace Mr. Britt with GHP ;)

Scott D
11/20/2006, 05:49 PM

Personally, I'd like to replace Mr. Britt with GHP ;)

sooneron
11/20/2006, 05:50 PM
What's DE up to?

sooneron
11/20/2006, 05:50 PM
What's DE up to?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 05:52 PM
GHP is too busy getting his woodwinds played by Asian girls ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/20/2006, 05:52 PM
GHP is too busy getting his woodwinds played by Asian girls ;)

Ardmore_Sooner
11/20/2006, 05:55 PM
You guys have to remember, half of the pride members have NEVER BEEN TO AN OU GAME before they started attending OU. They don't know what it used to be like at all.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/20/2006, 05:55 PM
You guys have to remember, half of the pride members have NEVER BEEN TO AN OU GAME before they started attending OU. They don't know what it used to be like at all.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/20/2006, 06:12 PM
Besides, who really cares? People are there for the football not the band, anyways.

And p.s, we don't care how much better you were than us or how much better your grandparent's grandparent's grandparents were than us. Maybe it's true...so what? I'm just glad I get to be at every game to support the team. They're the important part, not the "it was sooo much better when I was there" fans, and they don't hear halftime, so it really doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter, then why have a band at all? If it's because you love music, then join a concert band. If you joined the Pride because you want to support the team and entertain the fans, then why not make adjustments?

What's wrong with playing loud? What's wrong with a halftime show that includes straight lines and songs people have actually heard?

It should be a clue that the only time the fans stay during the stands at halftime anymore is every other year when A&M visits. I'm not advocating being clones of A&M, but the crowd stays because they find them entertaining.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/20/2006, 06:12 PM
Besides, who really cares? People are there for the football not the band, anyways.

And p.s, we don't care how much better you were than us or how much better your grandparent's grandparent's grandparents were than us. Maybe it's true...so what? I'm just glad I get to be at every game to support the team. They're the important part, not the "it was sooo much better when I was there" fans, and they don't hear halftime, so it really doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter, then why have a band at all? If it's because you love music, then join a concert band. If you joined the Pride because you want to support the team and entertain the fans, then why not make adjustments?

What's wrong with playing loud? What's wrong with a halftime show that includes straight lines and songs people have actually heard?

It should be a clue that the only time the fans stay during the stands at halftime anymore is every other year when A&M visits. I'm not advocating being clones of A&M, but the crowd stays because they find them entertaining.

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not advocating being clones of A&M, but the crowd stays because they find them entertaining.

They do that because there team is sucking and they want to see something executed well. ;)

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not advocating being clones of A&M, but the crowd stays because they find them entertaining.

They do that because there team is sucking and they want to see something executed well. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 06:24 PM
As sucktastic as A&M is, that's a moot point to me. That band is impressive.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2006, 06:24 PM
As sucktastic as A&M is, that's a moot point to me. That band is impressive.

OklahomaTuba
11/20/2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm, so is it Schnellenbritt, or Brittenberger??

OklahomaTuba
11/20/2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm, so is it Schnellenbritt, or Brittenberger??

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 06:32 PM

You can't tell cause they don't have their horns on, but the tubas are just holdin up the 1. Go tubas.

cofCtuba

You can't tell cause they don't have their horns on, but the tubas are just holdin up the 1. Go tubas.

mrowl

I think this is one that everyone on this board would approve of (unless you play woodwind) :D

mrowl

I think this is one that everyone on this board would approve of (unless you play woodwind) :D

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 06:35 PM
oh boy. another sh*tstorm. :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 06:35 PM
oh boy. another sh*tstorm. :rolleyes:

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 06:50 PM
:pop:

cofCtuba
11/20/2006, 06:50 PM
:pop:

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 06:54 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

You just made me throw up doilies and potpourri all over myself. The Pride shouldn't be a hands-on course for music ed grad students to write awful drill and music for, it's the big show! Let them ruin high school bands, but not the Pride. I was in Pride last year, and I can only remember twice being told to play louder, and we were definitely listening for it. It's just a wussy, mayonnaise ensemble that no one will ever forget because no one ever noticed in the first place.

And if you don't like reading negative posts about the Pride, maybe you should ask yourself why there are so many?

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 06:54 PM

1. Manners.
2. The Golden Rule.

You just made me throw up doilies and potpourri all over myself. The Pride shouldn't be a hands-on course for music ed grad students to write awful drill and music for, it's the big show! Let them ruin high school bands, but not the Pride. I was in Pride last year, and I can only remember twice being told to play louder, and we were definitely listening for it. It's just a wussy, mayonnaise ensemble that no one will ever forget because no one ever noticed in the first place.

And if you don't like reading negative posts about the Pride, maybe you should ask yourself why there are so many?

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 07:37 PM
Sooneron, you need to get a life. Your witty points are as moot as they are tired.

I never said it did matter. I'd just like to know. That's all.

Mayonnaise. I like that adjective. Though, don't you think we should be more accurately described as grey poupon. We're not likely to taste good, easily forgotten amongst the various condiments, and quite full of ourselves, no?

On another note: Look at the names of the individuals that post vehement topics. You'll notice that it is a few select individuals that espouse their beliefs so strongly. Instead of looking at the number of posts, look at the number of individuals. Better idea, I'll start doing it for you. Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 07:37 PM
Sooneron, you need to get a life. Your witty points are as moot as they are tired.

I never said it did matter. I'd just like to know. That's all.

Mayonnaise. I like that adjective. Though, don't you think we should be more accurately described as grey poupon. We're not likely to taste good, easily forgotten amongst the various condiments, and quite full of ourselves, no?

On another note: Look at the names of the individuals that post vehement topics. You'll notice that it is a few select individuals that espouse their beliefs so strongly. Instead of looking at the number of posts, look at the number of individuals. Better idea, I'll start doing it for you. Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

dorph31
11/20/2006, 07:43 PM

Correction: Why are there so many posts BY THE SAME 15 PEOPLE.

And I wouldn't consider them negative, I consider them pointless rants from people who can't accept change and don't appreciate what they have. How about a school that doesn't send a band to EVERY away game, then we'd be like most other big 12 schools.

dorph31
11/20/2006, 07:43 PM

And I wouldn't consider them negative, I consider them pointless rants from people who can't accept change and don't appreciate what they have. How about a school that doesn't send a band to EVERY away game, then we'd be like most other big 12 schools.

proudsoonergal
11/20/2006, 07:47 PM
Well, I have to say this thread is a nice change of pace from all of the "refs screwed us," "pollsters suck," "we've been snake-bit this year," and "I hate turnovers" threads I've read in the last few months.

BTW, the refs screwed us, the pollsters suck, we been snake-bit this year, and I hate turnovers. Oh, and texas sucks (just for good measure).

proudsoonergal
11/20/2006, 07:47 PM
Well, I have to say this thread is a nice change of pace from all of the "refs screwed us," "pollsters suck," "we've been snake-bit this year," and "I hate turnovers" threads I've read in the last few months.

BTW, the refs screwed us, the pollsters suck, we been snake-bit this year, and I hate turnovers. Oh, and texas sucks (just for good measure).

apusooner
11/20/2006, 07:48 PM
someone's still a little burnt over the word credentials.

apusooner
11/20/2006, 07:48 PM

apusooner
11/20/2006, 07:50 PM
. Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

what are you going to do with the list?

apusooner
11/20/2006, 07:50 PM
. Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 07:58 PM
Yes he is. He never understood my question and he is fruitlessly applying it to every situation he encounters.

What should I do with the list?

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 07:58 PM
Yes he is. He never understood my question and he is fruitlessly applying it to every situation he encounters.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:09 PM

I know it wasnt in 04 because I never remember seeing it, and I definitely didnt participate if it did happen.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:09 PM

I know it wasnt in 04 because I never remember seeing it, and I definitely didnt participate if it did happen.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 08:14 PM
Are you going to include a list of the other extreme of insanely vehement pro-Britt/pro-pride posters? :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 08:14 PM
Are you going to include a list of the other extreme of insanely vehement pro-Britt/pro-pride posters? :rolleyes:

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 08:18 PM

Interesting point considering the rest of your post.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 08:18 PM

Interesting point considering the rest of your post.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:19 PM

Same 15 people huh? there may only be "15" people on this board but there are a lot more people than you think complaining about the pride. Like the people that sat around me in the student section laughing about how dumb the show was during the tech game. Also the people that sit around my mom and sister that have been complaining for years about how bad the band is, the people that sit around cofCtuba's parents. I dont want to forget the many many others whose words go unheard, you may think this board is the only place people dont like the pride, trust me, its more widespread than you think.

Accept change, so even if the change is for the absolute worst. We should accept it and not try to do anything about it? Sounds like a plan to me. I appreciate what I have, when it comes to sooner football. Ive got good seats and I get to listen to cool music coming from the scoreboard thanks to soonervision.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:19 PM

Same 15 people huh? there may only be "15" people on this board but there are a lot more people than you think complaining about the pride. Like the people that sat around me in the student section laughing about how dumb the show was during the tech game. Also the people that sit around my mom and sister that have been complaining for years about how bad the band is, the people that sit around cofCtuba's parents. I dont want to forget the many many others whose words go unheard, you may think this board is the only place people dont like the pride, trust me, its more widespread than you think.

Accept change, so even if the change is for the absolute worst. We should accept it and not try to do anything about it? Sounds like a plan to me. I appreciate what I have, when it comes to sooner football. Ive got good seats and I get to listen to cool music coming from the scoreboard thanks to soonervision.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:23 PM
Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

Oh dang, can you please put me at the top of the list? I know im relatively new to the board and dont have much posts, but I hope ive earned the right to atleast make the top 5.

PrideTuba
Expect a list by the week's end of the plethora of individuals that write anti-Britt/anti-pride posts.

Oh dang, can you please put me at the top of the list? I know im relatively new to the board and dont have much posts, but I hope ive earned the right to atleast make the top 5.

MrBabycake

No, because:

To which I said:

MrBabycake

No, because:

To which I said:

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:25 PM

There should be one, just to be fair.

PrideTuba
11/20/2006, 08:25 PM

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 08:27 PM
The list is merely to prove a point against LittleRedTuba. It has no use beyond that.

P.S. I'll tie you for 1st. ;)

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 08:27 PM
The list is merely to prove a point against LittleRedTuba. It has no use beyond that.

P.S. I'll tie you for 1st. ;)

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 08:28 PM
Have at it.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 08:28 PM
Have at it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 08:32 PM
wow, and i thought abortion was a polarizing issue...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2006, 08:32 PM
wow, and i thought abortion was a polarizing issue...

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 08:43 PM
I thought this was about abortion. There is no better way to describe our band.

;)

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 08:43 PM
I thought this was about abortion. There is no better way to describe our band.

;)

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 08:45 PM
Are you going to include a list of the other extreme of insanely vehement pro-Britt/ghey-pride posters? :rolleyes:

:twinkies:

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 08:45 PM
Are you going to include a list of the other extreme of insanely vehement pro-Britt/ghey-pride posters? :rolleyes:

:twinkies:

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 08:47 PM
Mr. Babycakes, first of all, blech.

Second of all, I'm not sure your logic is quite watertight.

Say that there ARE only 15 or so people on this board supporting the Pride. So what? What logical conclusion can you make from that? There are only 5 or so people on here in support of Mr. Britt, what assumptions should we make from that? I just don't understand your point...

Plus you look weird.

LittleRedTuba
11/20/2006, 08:47 PM

Say that there ARE only 15 or so people on this board supporting the Pride. So what? What logical conclusion can you make from that? There are only 5 or so people on here in support of Mr. Britt, what assumptions should we make from that? I just don't understand your point...

Plus you look weird.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 08:52 PM
on a side note: Has Mr. Britt learned the difference between deodarant and anti-perspirant? Whe he was my 5th grade band teacher he had some schwetty pits.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 08:52 PM
on a side note: Has Mr. Britt learned the difference between deodarant and anti-perspirant? Whe he was my 5th grade band teacher he had some schwetty pits.

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 08:58 PM
I hear exposures to schwetty pits can lead to carpet ****ing

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 08:58 PM
I hear exposures to schwetty pits can lead to carpet ****ing

Zing
11/20/2006, 09:07 PM
yEP THEY SHOULD HAVE IGNORED ME ..JUST PROVES WHAT KIND OF INSECURE ASSHATS THEY REALLY ARE.

If they would have ignored you, though, would you have been angry about them not paying attention to you? There's a lot of criticism directed at the Pride's leadership because they don't "listen to the people", or whatever. I'm moderately certain that, had they paid no attention to you, you would have accused them of closed ears instead.

With all due respect, that's an extremely easy drill. Marching in one straight line (only following the person in front of you) is easier than anything else we (or just about any other marching band) do (or does). It's a cool tradition, and it looks neat - I'm not trying to take away from that... But when you say "i love their precision, it amazes me" to precision that isn't impressive in the least, you lose some stock. If we marched in one giant straight line, it would look pretty straight, too. Standing right behind somebody else is reeeeally easy. (Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

To all you Pride members out there who are constantly trying to act sophisticated and insult the intelligence of other posters on this board: it doesn't work. It just makes you look like a stuck-up fool.

Zing
11/20/2006, 09:07 PM
yEP THEY SHOULD HAVE IGNORED ME ..JUST PROVES WHAT KIND OF INSECURE ASSHATS THEY REALLY ARE.

If they would have ignored you, though, would you have been angry about them not paying attention to you? There's a lot of criticism directed at the Pride's leadership because they don't "listen to the people", or whatever. I'm moderately certain that, had they paid no attention to you, you would have accused them of closed ears instead.

With all due respect, that's an extremely easy drill. Marching in one straight line (only following the person in front of you) is easier than anything else we (or just about any other marching band) do (or does). It's a cool tradition, and it looks neat - I'm not trying to take away from that... But when you say "i love their precision, it amazes me" to precision that isn't impressive in the least, you lose some stock. If we marched in one giant straight line, it would look pretty straight, too. Standing right behind somebody else is reeeeally easy. (Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

To all you Pride members out there who are constantly trying to act sophisticated and insult the intelligence of other posters on this board: it doesn't work. It just makes you look like a stuck-up fool.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:12 PM

Plus you look weird.
I normally wouldn't comment on your first sentence, but I ran across this word, "bleh", just the other day during a german paper I had to write. Did you know that "bleh" means "sheet metal" in german? I find it supremely interesting that we can consider "bleh" a non-word in english, almost onomatopoeia, while in german it has a very specific definitition. Fascinating. Moving on.

The logical conclusion I can make from that, after seeing that these 15 people have on average 600+ posts to their name (I'm guessing right now, I'll have that information available later when I make my list), is that the board is filled with many posts, but this number is disproportionate to the number of posts by pro-pride people. Now again, that's a generalization, and not all posts by you all involve the Pride, but it will be an interesting thing to figure out. That is how logic works. Here's how it went in my head:

There are a few number of people that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.
Those people post a lot.
Therefore, there are a lot of posts that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.

There are a few(fewer perhaps) number of people that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
Those people generally do not post much because they do not rant, they merely respond to the ranting.
Therefore, there are a limited number of posts that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.

An analysis of the available data will show (I believe) that anti-pride/anti-Britt posts are disproportionate to the population of anti-pride/anti-Britt forum members.

That is all. And yes, it's not watertight, but no logic (other than radical doubt) is. I hope I have made clear my logic to you and you now understand.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:12 PM

Plus you look weird.
I normally wouldn't comment on your first sentence, but I ran across this word, "bleh", just the other day during a german paper I had to write. Did you know that "bleh" means "sheet metal" in german? I find it supremely interesting that we can consider "bleh" a non-word in english, almost onomatopoeia, while in german it has a very specific definitition. Fascinating. Moving on.

The logical conclusion I can make from that, after seeing that these 15 people have on average 600+ posts to their name (I'm guessing right now, I'll have that information available later when I make my list), is that the board is filled with many posts, but this number is disproportionate to the number of posts by pro-pride people. Now again, that's a generalization, and not all posts by you all involve the Pride, but it will be an interesting thing to figure out. That is how logic works. Here's how it went in my head:

There are a few number of people that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.
Those people post a lot.
Therefore, there are a lot of posts that are anti-pride/anti-Britt.

There are a few(fewer perhaps) number of people that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.
Those people generally do not post much because they do not rant, they merely respond to the ranting.
Therefore, there are a limited number of posts that are pro-pride/pro-Britt.

An analysis of the available data will show (I believe) that anti-pride/anti-Britt posts are disproportionate to the population of anti-pride/anti-Britt forum members.

That is all. And yes, it's not watertight, but no logic (other than radical doubt) is. I hope I have made clear my logic to you and you now understand.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 09:13 PM
especially when you consider that English is a second language for dolio.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 09:13 PM
especially when you consider that English is a second language for dolio.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 09:15 PM
(Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

Actually, if you're directly behind the person in front of you and you keep your front-to-back spacing consistent person-to-person, then the diagonals will be good. I'm a band director, they pay me to know these things. :)

Yup.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 09:15 PM
(Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

Actually, if you're directly behind the person in front of you and you keep your front-to-back spacing consistent person-to-person, then the diagonals will be good. I'm a band director, they pay me to know these things. :)

Yup.

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 09:20 PM
I'll have that information available later when I make my list

Are. You. Serious?

I think Chrissy Simms had a list, too! :rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 09:20 PM
I'll have that information available later when I make my list

Are. You. Serious?

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:22 PM
Dear Pride Defenders,

DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT DO THE WAVING WHEAT DUMBASS AGGIE THING NOWADAYS?

If you do, **** off. If you don't, play louder.

JohnnyMack
Dear Pride Defenders,

DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT DO THE WAVING WHEAT DUMBASS AGGIE THING NOWADAYS?

If you do, **** off. If you don't, play louder.

MrBabycake
Actually, if you're directly behind the person in front of you and you keep your front-to-back spacing consistent person-to-person, then the diagonals will be good.
That's not true.

MrBabycake
Actually, if you're directly behind the person in front of you and you keep your front-to-back spacing consistent person-to-person, then the diagonals will be good.
That's not true.

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 09:23 PM
That's the problem, you're not getting, and many of the current Pride members just don't get. People on this board aren't anti-Pride. In fact, what the people want is an improvement in the pride. If the people on the board didn're care about the Pride, there wouldn't be the posts that exist. They'd just join the growing mass that ignores the Pride.

soonerboomer93
11/20/2006, 09:23 PM
That's the problem, you're not getting, and many of the current Pride members just don't get. People on this board aren't anti-Pride. In fact, what the people want is an improvement in the pride. If the people on the board didn're care about the Pride, there wouldn't be the posts that exist. They'd just join the growing mass that ignores the Pride.

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 09:24 PM
That's not true.

Correct.

Because it is the Britt-led pride.

Jimminy Crimson
That's not true.

Correct.

Because it is the Britt-led pride.

soonerboomer93
That's not true.

actually, it is

but you do have to maintain side to side spacing

soonerboomer93
That's not true.

actually, it is

but you do have to maintain side to side spacing

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:28 PM
Actually, it isn't. In order to form a square, you need two lines of reference. Take this for example:

o----o--o

o----o--o

o----o--o

Do those marks form perfect diagonals? They have perfect spacing top to bottom and each point is directly underneath another.

Now if you were to have another reference, such as side-to-side distance, then you can form a perfect square by matching the front-to-back and side-to-side distances. Or, if you had a diagonal reference, you could position yourself square (assuming the formation is square) by maintaining your alignment with the diagonal and then adjust your distance from the person diagonal to you until you are directly behind the person in front of you. Again, both these things require two references, not just front-to-back.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:28 PM
Actually, it isn't. In order to form a square, you need two lines of reference. Take this for example:

o----o--o

o----o--o

o----o--o

Do those marks form perfect diagonals? They have perfect spacing top to bottom and each point is directly underneath another.

Now if you were to have another reference, such as side-to-side distance, then you can form a perfect square by matching the front-to-back and side-to-side distances. Or, if you had a diagonal reference, you could position yourself square (assuming the formation is square) by maintaining your alignment with the diagonal and then adjust your distance from the person diagonal to you until you are directly behind the person in front of you. Again, both these things require two references, not just front-to-back.

apusooner
11/20/2006, 09:30 PM

1. it was directed to you

2. i don't know what you should do with it. it was your idea, i figured you would know

apusooner

1. it was directed to you

2. i don't know what you should do with it. it was your idea, i figured you would know

1stTimeCaller
looks good to me but then again, what do I know about angles. not the bar, Jimminy is the expert there. ;)

nice changing of your post.

1stTimeCaller
looks good to me but then again, what do I know about angles. not the bar, Jimminy is the expert there. ;)

PrideTrombone
That's not true.

One correction I forgot to make... If the people in the front of the files keep their side-to-side spacing, and you stay directly behind them, THEN the diagonals will line up if everyone keeps a consistent front-to-back spacing. It's just a moving grid.

You'd hope that the people in the front ranks could stay the same distance away from each other.

PrideTrombone
That's not true.

One correction I forgot to make... If the people in the front of the files keep their side-to-side spacing, and you stay directly behind them, THEN the diagonals will line up if everyone keeps a consistent front-to-back spacing. It's just a moving grid.

You'd hope that the people in the front ranks could stay the same distance away from each other.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:33 PM
So about the aggie-esque waving wheat thing that is being ignored by the Britt-o-philes. Stop it. Yesterday.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:33 PM
So about the aggie-esque waving wheat thing that is being ignored by the Britt-o-philes. Stop it. Yesterday.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 09:34 PM
You're being mighty presumptuous that said poster knows who he is without the benefit of google.

sooneron
You're being mighty presumptuous that said poster knows who he is without the benefit of google.

PrideTrombone

No kidding. Maybe the best we can hope for is that Aggy just assumes the Pride is mocking them, gets offended, writes Boren/Joe C an email, and then Boren/Joe C nix it.

PrideTrombone

No kidding. Maybe the best we can hope for is that Aggy just assumes the Pride is mocking them, gets offended, writes Boren/Joe C an email, and then Boren/Joe C nix it.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 09:36 PM
Sure, Joe offers no help on my e-mail to stop it, but will for fear of hurting shaggy feelings.

sooneron
Sure, Joe offers no help on my e-mail to stop it, but will for fear of hurting shaggy feelings.

JohnnyMack
The goddamned horsepigs are bad enough. Having the Pride act "aggy" is enough to make puke.

JohnnyMack
The goddamned horsepigs are bad enough. Having the Pride act "aggy" is enough to make puke.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 09:37 PM

Sounds about par for the course for Joe C. He'll bend over backwards to make everyone adhere to his ideal of sportsmanship, but wouldn't know fan atmosphere if it ****-punched him.

PrideTrombone
11/20/2006, 09:37 PM

Sounds about par for the course for Joe C. He'll bend over backwards to make everyone adhere to his ideal of sportsmanship, but wouldn't know fan atmosphere if it ****-punched him.

apusooner
11/20/2006, 09:38 PM
. If we marched in one giant straight line, it would look pretty straight, too. Standing right behind somebody else is reeeeally easy. (Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

the problem is, a pretty straight line still isn't straight. it's close. but still not straight. if it's so easy, then why would it only be pretty straight?

apusooner
11/20/2006, 09:38 PM
. If we marched in one giant straight line, it would look pretty straight, too. Standing right behind somebody else is reeeeally easy. (Our diagonals are shabby, but we're usually right behind the person in front of us.)

the problem is, a pretty straight line still isn't straight. it's close. but still not straight. if it's so easy, then why would it only be pretty straight?

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:40 PM

I changed my post because the forum will automatically remove redundent spaces. Also, it does not accept Alt+255 as spacing. Thank you for your concern though.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:40 PM

I changed my post because the forum will automatically remove redundent spaces. Also, it does not accept Alt+255 as spacing. Thank you for your concern though.

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 09:41 PM
especially when you're insulting Pride alums who aren't altogether unfamiliar with the concept of marching band :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 09:41 PM
especially when you're insulting Pride alums who aren't altogether unfamiliar with the concept of marching band :rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 09:42 PM
looks good to me but then again, what do I know about Crazy Horse Too, Jimminy is the expert there. ;)

Yeah, buddy!

Jimminy Crimson
looks good to me but then again, what do I know about Crazy Horse Too, Jimminy is the expert there. ;)

Yeah, buddy!

1stTimeCaller

I'm just here to keep the dickwheels moving.

1stTimeCaller

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:44 PM
*not exactly sure of what that means but is sure 1stTimeCaller is good at it*

Continue on, man.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 09:44 PM

Continue on, man.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 09:49 PM
dickwheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 09:49 PM
Proud Mary keep on burnin'

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:52 PM
1tc you dumb****, you don't know **** about alt255 spacing do you?

Gawd you're dubmd.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:52 PM

Gawd you're dubmd.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 09:53 PM

Continue on, man.

Ya know what it means? It means you're a dickwheel if you like the fact that our band has gone aggy.

JohnnyMack

Continue on, man.

Ya know what it means? It means you're a dickwheel if you like the fact that our band has gone aggy.

Scott D

next time start a chain of emails from different addresses attributing yourself as an osu grad...or better yet, an osu grad who is friends with ole garthy or his royal boone. that might make some progress in that direction ;)

Scott D

next time start a chain of emails from different addresses attributing yourself as an osu grad...or better yet, an osu grad who is friends with ole garthy or his royal boone. that might make some progress in that direction ;)

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 09:55 PM
Proud Mary keep on burnin'hehehe

i hope you're referencing the ike and tina version, because if you're trying to do CCR, you misspelled "toinin'" and "boinin'" ;)

proud gonzo
11/20/2006, 09:55 PM
Proud Mary keep on burnin'hehehe

i hope you're referencing the ike and tina version, because if you're trying to do CCR, you misspelled "toinin'" and "boinin'" ;)

Oldnslo
11/20/2006, 10:01 PM
I have posted before about my observations regarding the obvious decline in the Pride's leadership.

As long as someone's making a list of fans critical of the direction in which the Pride is moving, please ensure that my name is included.

Oldnslo
11/20/2006, 10:01 PM
I have posted before about my observations regarding the obvious decline in the Pride's leadership.

As long as someone's making a list of fans critical of the direction in which the Pride is moving, please ensure that my name is included.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:02 PM

Gawd you're dubmd.

:les: IT'S ALT+255 SPACING, YOU LINT PIRATE!!!!!!11!!wononeone

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:02 PM

Gawd you're dubmd.

Ash
11/20/2006, 10:05 PM

Continue on, man.

Who do I write regarding the decline of dickwheels?

Ash
11/20/2006, 10:05 PM

Continue on, man.

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:06 PM
Do you guys think I was trying to throw an insult? Please, if I were, it wouldn't be petty, it'd be more substantive. You were wondering why I edited my posts, and I told you. That is all. It was not an insult. The real question is this: why did you interpret it as an insult?

MrBabycake
11/20/2006, 10:06 PM
Do you guys think I was trying to throw an insult? Please, if I were, it wouldn't be petty, it'd be more substantive. You were wondering why I edited my posts, and I told you. That is all. It was not an insult. The real question is this: why did you interpret it as an insult?

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:08 PM

decline? there's an infestation around here.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:08 PM

decline? there's an infestation around here.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:10 PM

you're new. we're making fun of you. we didn't take it as an insult. we're making fun of you.

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:10 PM

you're new. we're making fun of you. we didn't take it as an insult. we're making fun of you.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:12 PM

You know what's insulting? The Pride acting like ****ing Aggy.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:12 PM

You know what's insulting? The Pride acting like ****ing Aggy.

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:13 PM

I was insulting you. ****head.

JohnnyMack

Frozen Sooner

Oh yeah? Well Alt+255 you, buddy.

****beak.

Frozen Sooner

****beak.

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 10:14 PM
Oh, while we're at it, how come the drum major can't touch the ground with his q-tip? We need to have someone that does JUST that, even if it requires having a contortionist come out in the band uni.

That's what everyone wants to see. If the dude can't touch the ground, I like it when he trips and falls. Serves him right! :mad:

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2006, 10:14 PM
Oh, while we're at it, how come the drum major can't touch the ground with his q-tip? We need to have someone that does JUST that, even if it requires having a contortionist come out in the band uni.

That's what everyone wants to see. If the dude can't touch the ground, I like it when he trips and falls. Serves him right! :mad:

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:15 PM
I was insulting you. giving head.

Oh, I couldn't understand you because your mouf was full. Tell Carl I said hello.:P

1stTimeCaller
11/20/2006, 10:15 PM
I was insulting you. giving head.

Oh, I couldn't understand you because your mouf was full. Tell Carl I said hello.:P

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:16 PM

****beak.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

JohnnyMack
11/20/2006, 10:16 PM

****beak.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2006, 10:19 PM
Pfft. Please.

Alt+255 trumps http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

Frozen Sooner
Pfft. Please.

Alt+255 trumps http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

MrBabycake
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*

MrBabycake
Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any sort of internet *bleep*ing or *bleep*ing or finger *bleep* or *bleep*sting or *bleep*ing or even *bleep*. Even though so many people in this forum are begging for it. And if anybody does anything with my sister Lindsay, I’ll take off my pants, I’ll shave my *bleep*, and I’ll personally *bleep* *bleep*

sooneron
11/20/2006, 10:20 PM
I found the remedy

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

I say we get 1000 signatures.

I would start it but I have a close family member that is a person of high standing in the Coll of Fine Arts. I'll sign it, but it will undoubtedly cause issues for my family member if I am the one to start it. Hell, I'll be the first to sign it.

sooneron
11/20/2006, 10:20 PM
I found the remedy

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

I say we get 1000 signatures.

I would start it but I have a close family member that is a person of high standing in the Coll of Fine Arts. I'll sign it, but it will undoubtedly cause issues for my family member if I am the one to start it. Hell, I'll be the first to sign it.