PDA

View Full Version : Dear Waco Ticket Scalpers

KABOOKIE
11/18/2006, 10:18 PM
You have to be the dumbest bunch of ticket holders in the universe.

Me: How much you want for those tickets?
Scalper: $40 a piece
Me: $40??!?!? Those tickets are $37 at the ticket window and they said there's 15,000 left.
Scalper: Man, these are on the 35 yard line.
Me: And I'll give you $5!

I swear those numbskulls there outside the stadium thought they were selling tickets to Michigan v. Ohio St.

Final price........ 4 tickets for $30....TOTAL!

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2006, 10:19 PM

Me: $40??!?!? Those tickets are $37 at the ticket window and they said there's 15,000 left.

I swear those numbskulls there outside the stadium thought they were selling tickets to Michigan v. Ohio St.

You still got screwed. ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2006, 10:19 PM
How did you like the stadium improvements, fans, etc?

Flagstaffsooner
11/18/2006, 10:21 PM
How did you like the stadium improvements, fans, etc?Flush toilets!!!!!!!!

KABOOKIE
11/18/2006, 10:31 PM
How did you like the stadium improvements, fans, etc?

There were improvements? ;)

Never been there before so, I can't really speak to improvements. Not a bad stadium at all in my impression. Nice fans but, geez everyone selling tickets though it was my duty to bail them out on their extra tickets!

StoopTroup
11/18/2006, 10:49 PM
Flush toilets!!!!!!!!
Automatic or manual? :D

sooneron
11/18/2006, 10:51 PM
Automatic or manual? :D
They have to be auto- those baylor kids don't tough icky things.

instigator
11/18/2006, 11:09 PM
Seems like there was some work on the North side outside the stadium. Is that right, Sicem?

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2006, 11:30 PM
Flush toilets!!!!!!!!

I never use public bathrooms, and have never been into the bathrooms at the stadium. Do they suck or what?

OUinFLA
11/18/2006, 11:38 PM
I never use public bathrooms, and have never been into the bathrooms at the stadium. Do they suck or what?

Do you stay at home a lot?

Sooner_Havok
11/18/2006, 11:40 PM

I think I ran into that guy. He was right in front of the box office so I told him to hold on. I then walked right up to the window, slid the ticket taker 37 bucks, got a ticket in section S, walked back to him and said, so do I, I'll sell it to ya for forty. He didn't like that to much :D

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2006, 11:44 PM
Do you stay at home a lot?

I hate lately but even when I was out a lot I had the same policy. I have excellent control.

OUinFLA
11/18/2006, 11:49 PM
I hate lately but even when I was out a lot I had the same policy. I have excellent control.

Why do you hate lately?
cause he's not a Sooner?

dolemitesooner
11/19/2006, 12:11 AM
says the guy who does not even show up to support his own team

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 12:16 AM
I wasn't there, but the funniest thing in the whole game was "Hell's Bells" playing repeatedly at a Baptist school.

SCOUT
11/19/2006, 12:29 AM
I wasn't there, but the funniest thing in the whole game was "Hell's Bells" playing repeatedly at a Baptist school.
They played Hell's Bells several times over the PA (I am not a big fan of the production music at a college football game but that is another matter). They also piped in some Metallica. The band also joined the idea by gracing us with hits from Ozzy Ozbourne and Black Sabbath..

I thought it was an odd presentation especially given where we were.

The fans I met were great and I thought the stadium was nice.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2006, 12:49 AM

Doleo, if OU had one season like we've had the past DECADE you might miss one game or two as well. This is really only the 2nd time I've missed a game that I didn't have a real excuse for missing.

I don't care when Baylor fans criticize each other, hell it's all the say seem to do. But it'd be pretty easy for an OU, UT, or other "national power" fan to say that...oh whole lot harder to actually be a Baylor fan. Hard to understand it unless you're a Duke or maybe Vandy fan.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 01:07 AM
There are plenty who have suffered worse than Baylor over the years. Can you say RICE?

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2006, 01:10 AM
There are plenty who have suffered worse than Baylor over the years. Can you say RICE?

True,
I'd have also possibly added SMU since the death pentaly, but they're progressing.

Rice and SMU of course aren't BCS schools though. Baylor being in the Big XII should be expected to a bit better than the Rice's and SMU's of Division IA.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 01:12 AM
True enough. But at least you can say you sit at the big kid table.

soonerjoker
11/19/2006, 10:07 AM
i've been to the last 4 OU/BU games in Waco, the fans & stadium are very nice. i guess that's why we keep going back.

TXBOOMER
11/19/2006, 10:08 AM

They played the Bells from Hells Bells at least 50 times. And the Baylor Pom Girls had the tightest Velvet Pimp pants on that I have ever seen. They have definately relaxed over the years.

tulsaoilerfan
11/19/2006, 10:21 AM
They played the Bells from Hells Bells at least 50 times. And the Baylor Pom Girls had the tightest Velvet Pimp pants on that I have ever seen. They have definately relaxed over the years.
Pics?:D

TXBOOMER
11/19/2006, 10:53 AM
Pics?:D

Sorry I didn't take my camera.

I like big butts and I can't deny:D

Sooner24
11/19/2006, 04:04 PM

That's no joke.

yermom
11/19/2006, 04:16 PM
They played Hell's Bells several times over the PA (I am not a big fan of the production music at a college football game but that is another matter). They also piped in some Metallica. The band also joined the idea by gracing us with hits from Ozzy Ozbourne and Black Sabbath..

I thought it was an odd presentation especially given where we were.

The fans I met were great and I thought the stadium was nice.

you forgot Korn :D

and Sic'em this is the best season Baylor's had since joining the conference, isn't it?

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2006, 06:20 PM
you forgot Korn :D

and Sic'em this is the best season Baylor's had since joining the conference, isn't it?

Well, it depends on how you look at it. This is the best Big XII record we've had since we joined the conference, but last year's overall record was better.

Last year's team was something special too. This year could have been great had it not been for the Bell injury but what can you do. I thank Bell for his time at Baylor and for racking up more Big XII wins than any other Baylor QB has since the Big XII was formed...COMBINED!

SCOUT
11/19/2006, 06:34 PM
Well, it depends on how you look at it. This is the best Big XII record we've had since we joined the conference, but last year's overall record was better.

Last year's team was something special too. This year could have been great had it not been for the Bell injury but what can you do. I thank Bell for his time at Baylor and for racking up more Big XII wins than any other Baylor QB has since the Big XII was formed...COMBINED!
They said at the game that this was an attendance record setting year for Baylor. I believe the mark was 289,000

yermom
11/19/2006, 07:01 PM

i don't remember the non-conference opponents last year, but i'm guessing they aren't as impressive as the conference wins this year

i will give you that there wasn't much of a chance after Bell went out

bri
11/19/2006, 07:53 PM

Well, can you blame him? I mean, what with all those public restrooms all over the place and the fact that his team sucks more than Paris Hilton on a three-day roofie bender...

fwsooner22
11/19/2006, 09:14 PM
Stadium is really cool......people are great.....restrooms are an embarrassment......Really bad......

The Baylor band also played Blondies "Call ME" which is from the movie the Amercian Gigilo....I could not believe it.......