PDA

View Full Version : Let the Drunkytown games begin....

sooneron
11/17/2006, 07:12 PM
On the 3rd Yuengling and I'm about to throw this onna grill!

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2361/steakef2.jpg

Jerk
11/17/2006, 07:14 PM
I'm on Hydrocodone. Does that count?

Flagstaffsooner
11/17/2006, 07:16 PM
Does Bud Light count anymore?

sooneron
11/17/2006, 07:18 PM
Yes

no

unless you shotgun a couple

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 07:34 PM
Yuengling is pretty good. i used to buy it a summer i spent in Boston and a fall in Durham, NC. the porter i liked.

instigator
11/17/2006, 07:53 PM
Oh Mama!! That is one great looking steak. NY Strip?

Newbomb Turk
11/17/2006, 07:56 PM
Oh Mama!! That is one great looking steak. NY Strip?

looks more like a friggin roast!

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 09:06 PM
I like a lot of black pepper like that...

Newbomb Turk
11/17/2006, 09:08 PM
ron must still be trying to digest that thing.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 09:12 PM
aaaaaaaaaaannd...

I'm Back!!

Believe it or not, it was a rib eye!!
Whole foods meat RMMFFO!!

back to yuengling after two glasses of Spanish Red.

yummy

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 09:24 PM
rib eye!!
Whole foods meat

yummy

Yummy indeed, but $20.99 a pound in my parts at Whole Foods.

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 09:45 PM
**** whole foods. i hate that place....they screw you for liking real food....even though it's just as plastic as anywhere else. but shinier and more expensive. you ought to see the stuff you can get through restaraunt meat distribs......tenderloin for a third of what you pay at the store. whole foods is charging you at least 400% markup on that.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 09:51 PM
Meh, I like the place for an occasional steak, cheese, and fruit/veggies. The fish aint bad either.

20 bucks a pound for steak? Where do you live? Oahu?

sooneron
11/17/2006, 09:53 PM
and Yuengling #5

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:05 PM
Das right - the ribeye at Whole Foods is $20.99 at the one Mrs. VJ shops at in Plantation (Ft. Lauderdale), FL. I have been there with her twice and she doesn't even ask me to go any more. My bp goes through the roof when I see what she's paying for their stuff.

I'm in the food biz and anyone will tell you Whole Foods is a major rip off. I can't convince Mrs. VJ of that. A nutritionist told her to shop there and all the sudden now, she's an expert on hormone injected meat, pesticides and whatnot.

They do have an impressive wine and beer selection, and also have a full time dude tending to that department only. $$$ Cha-Ching! Labor is one of the biggest expenses in a food store, but it's futile to try and convince Mrs. VJ that we're payin' for this cat to hold wine labels up for little old ladies to mull over.

I will die penniless.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:12 PM
I paid $16 for the ribeye. Them's NYC area prices.

royalfan5
11/17/2006, 10:19 PM
Someday, I want to start a Grocery store called Half Foods, and all the meat will be raised with as much anti-biotic and hormones as possible. The produce will get an extra atrizine and bicep bath before being sold. I want bugs to die if they get within 50 feet of the store. It'll be awesome.

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:23 PM
Roger on the $16 bucks a pound. At $20.99, they cut the ribeyes into smaller sections and marinated them for us.

I couldn't bear to watch as we went through the checkstand with barely enough to cover the bottom of the shopping cart and shelled out over a hundred bucks.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:24 PM
Someday, I want to start a Grocery store called Half Foods, and all the meat will be raised with as much anti-biotic and hormones as possible. The produce will get an extra atrizine and bicep bath before being sold. I want bugs to die if they get within 50 feet of the store. It'll be awesome.
I thought you already did that by working for conagra/adm??>??

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:26 PM

NOW you're talking. Close that puppy down two days a week with a big sign out front that says "CLOSED FOR FUMIGATION SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 10:29 PM
Meh, I like the place for an occasional steak, cheese, and fruit/veggies. The fish aint bad either.

20 bucks a pound for steak? Where do you live? Oahu?

for what you pay at WHole Foods, and what you can get through restaurant distributers per cost/per pound.....it's absurd the costs at WF.

i'll pay 18$ a pound for some prosciutto di parma at WF....when i want it and be happy.....but i KNOW for real i could slice that bitch off at 14$ a pound where i used to work and do it better....and have people coming back instead of an old prosciutto end getting naggy 'cause no one is buying it. and, i know what they pay for it from the distributer.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:32 PM
OK, this thread is sucking are you a holes drinking or what?

The wife called and she will be late due to the fact that she left her keys in a friend's car and rode back to another friend's house without said keys. GAME ON!@

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 10:36 PM
OK, this thread is sucking are you a holes drinking or what?

The wife called and she will be late due to the fact that she left her keys in a friend's car and rode back to another friend's house without said keys. GAME ON!@

and you believed that?

i'm Red Hook # 5 here.

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:41 PM
NEWS FLASH: Whole Foods pays health insurance premiums for its full time employees. That's six grand alone I'd save if I went to work there.

Hmmm......maybe I need to re-think my opinion of this fine, profitable company catering to the needs of the health conscious and environmentally concerned...

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Yes, we're drinking god dammit.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah, due to the fact that she and the other chick that she left her keys with are 5 and 8 months pregnant respectively. Dumb broads

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:43 PM
NEWS FLASH: Whole Foods pays health insurance premiums for its full time employees. That's six grand alone I'd save if I went to work there.

Hmmm......maybe I need to re-think my opinion of this fine, profitable company catering to the needs of the health conscious and environmentally concerned...
You forgot wealthy

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:49 PM
Dumb broads

"Sir, while we appreciate your patronage, we'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from referring to our female guests in such crass and degrading terms. May I show you the shipment of organic pomegrantes we just received today? They're certified organic and have been lovingly inspected, fruit by fruit, by our QA inspectors in Austin."

:pop:

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:57 PM
On another note, have I shown the latest picture of the soon to be newest addition to the sooneron household??

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/883/babyholtra1.jpg

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 10:59 PM
i heard Boston's Don't Look Back at the store tonight....and i bought record in about 5th grade in all it's fold out glory. i can't get that song out of my head....

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/xl1200/imgs/e/e/eeac7b05.jpg

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 11:00 PM
congrats sooneron, that seemed to be the case in post #26.

sooneron
11/17/2006, 11:02 PM
thanks and I am now back to vino-
Spanish Jumilla yummy

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 11:09 PM
Congrats.

Nice touch on the side of the head there.

When's the li'l 'un due?

sooneron
11/17/2006, 11:20 PM
April 9

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 11:25 PM
spring is a good time.

does anyone really think Belle and Sebastian are that great.....the only good stuff they do is a T.Rex rip off. i know they were handjobbed in that record store movie with that my top 10 guy---championship vinyl. where if you look none of the records are REALLY in that much alphabetic order but with "classic" records in the shoot every time. Jack Black, hot chick former gf, what the ****......can't think of it.

edit: hi fidelity. what's her name who is married to Kirk Douglas' son is hot as **** in that one.

Scott D
11/18/2006, 12:10 AM
meh..I got my drinking out of the way while you schlubs were at work.

final thoughts.

WF sucks, if you have a Trader Joe's in your area go there. If not, then your area clearly sucks :D