PDA

View Full Version : Borat in Birmingham

Osce0la
11/17/2006, 03:28 PM
I didn't know they had filmed any of this movie in Birmingham.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1162635437268340.xml?birminghamnews?nmet&coll=2

The thing I don't get is:

"I don't think he made a fool of us," added Cindy Streit, the Birmingham etiquette consultant who arranged the dinner. "He tried to bait us, and we showed him Southern hospitality.
There is an article in today's paper about this same woman saying she has filed a complaint with the company that produced this movie and that she is considering filing a lawsuit because of her inclusion in the movie:

He further exasperates his Birmingham hosts when he brings a bag of excrement to the dinner table and invites a prostitute to join them for dessert. Finally, they ask him to leave.

She doesn't think he made a fool of them, but now she is talking about filing a lawsuit because she is in the movie. :confused:

william_brasky
11/17/2006, 04:23 PM
I saw this earlier on the news.

Can someone be used in a movie without their consent and knowledge that they'll be in a film? Borat should send all the people in the film some moneys.

Osce0la
11/17/2006, 04:30 PM
I saw this earlier on the news.

Can someone be used in a movie without their consent and knowledge that they'll be in a film? Borat should send all the people in the film some moneys.
Her thing now is that they said it was for a documentary, and then when the movie came out they realized it was actually for this movie. But one day she seems ok with it, then a week later she is debating on filing a lawsuit.

william_brasky
11/17/2006, 04:41 PM
$$$$$

Chuck Bao
11/17/2006, 05:24 PM
I gotta see this film.

For those of you that have, what's the problem with bringing a prostitute to dinner? Southern hospitality indeed!

Osce0la
11/17/2006, 05:27 PM
I gotta see this film.

For those of you that have, what's the problem with bringing a prostitute to dinner? Southern hospitality indeed!

She even held his bag of s*** for him :D

soonerboomer93
11/17/2006, 06:38 PM
He did worse to the people who portrayed his home country.

$5.50 for a cow to go into the house an ****, is what the production company paid the gypsies (who don't even have running water fyi)