PDA

View Full Version : Schools who may need a New FB Coach....?

Blues1
11/17/2006, 01:04 PM
No Bowls for these teams -

Army (3-7) ----- Bowl game still to come -- Go ARMY..!!!
Ball State (4-7)
Baylor (4-7) Coming Bowl game vs Sooners
Bowling Green (4-7)
Buffalo (2-8)
Central Florida (3-7)
Colorado (2-9) ---- Welcome to the Big Time....!
Duke (0-10) Lets get them on the Schedule.... :)
Eastern Michigan (1-9)
Florida Atlantic (3-7)
Florida International (0-9)
Fresno State (2-7) --- Play anybody/anytime maybe not a good idea...
Illinois (2-9) --- Zook Back to the Drawing Board.
Iowa State (3-8) --- Who's Next...??
Louisiana-Monroe (2-7)
Miami, Ohio (2-9) The Football coaches Cradle got Moved to Iowa
Memphis (1-9)
Michigan State (4-7) The mystery team.....
Mississippi (3-7) ------ This has gotta hurt Some real die hard fans
Mississippi State (3-7) They love High School Football -- But...
New Mexico State (2-8)
North Carolina (1-9) --- Fixed....Maybe...??
North Carolina State (3-7) Go Wake Forrest...
North Texas (3-7) Back on track -- No New Orleans this year..
Northwestern (3-8) Understandable -- Sad Season - Keep Rockin'
San Diego State (2-7) --- Well good luck next year....
Stanford (1-9)
Syracuse (3-7)
Temple (1-10) ---- For them a Great Season ...... :)
Toledo (4-7) Very OFF year for these guys..
Tulane (3-7) Call me -- I can do better.... :)
UAB (3-7) Maybe a Brown out...??
UNLV (1-8) What Happened..??
Utah State (1-9) ---- See you next year....
Washington (4-7) --- One more year for Ty....then...??

Even With 32 Bowl Games Somebody has to get Left out....:eek:

BOOMER SOONER.....!!!

MiccoMacey
11/17/2006, 01:47 PM
ACC
Duke (0-10)
North Carolina (1-9)
North Carolina State (3-7)

Big Twelve
Baylor (4-7)
Colorado (2-9)
Iowa State (3-8)

Big 10
Illinois (2-9)
Michigan State (4-7)
Northwestern (3-8)

Big East
Syracuse (3-7)

Pac10
Washington (4-7)
Stanford (1-9)

SEC
Mississippi (3-7)
Mississippi State (3-7)

Mid-Major
Army (3-7)
Ball State (4-7)
Bowling Green (4-7)
Buffalo (2-8)
Central Florida (3-7)
Eastern Michigan (1-9)
Florida Atlantic (3-7)
Florida International (0-9)
Fresno State (2-7)
Louisiana-Monroe (2-7)
Miami, Ohio (2-9)
Memphis (1-9)
New Mexico State (2-8)
North Texas (3-7)
San Diego State (2-7)
Temple (1-10)
Toledo (4-7)
Tulane (3-7)
UAB (3-7)
UNLV (1-8)
Utah State (1-9)

I'm surprised the Big East doesn't have more than one on this list.

I bolded and underlinededed the teams we've played / will play.

Widescreen
11/17/2006, 01:55 PM
Michigan State (4-7)
Man, if they'd only held on and beaten BCS-bound Notre Dame, they would've been 5-6. :(

Scott D
11/17/2006, 01:55 PM
now Blues, go back and pluck out every one of those schools who the head coach is either in their first or second year there. :)

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 01:57 PM
i wouldn't give up on Dan Hawkins at CU just yet. he may need to get a staff that is used to bigtime conference football....and make a few hard decisions about some of his buddies from the WAC. hard to know, he may just not be able to cut it, but living in Colorado as I do and having many Buff fans who are buddies they ARE recruiting pretty well for a team that is 2-9. they will likely finish with a top 25-30 class and Barney didn't leave much. if Vince Lombardi was coaching this years CU team they might have 4-5 wins.

Mccarney is already out.

Guy Morriss isn't going anywhere. if Bell doesn't get hurt they still have an outside chance for 6 wins.

MiccoMacey
11/17/2006, 02:03 PM
Which makes our SOS look like this:

UAB (3-7)
Washington (4-7)
Oregon (7-3)
Middle Tennessee State (7-3)
Texas (9-2)
Iowa State (3-8)
Colorado (2-9)
Missouri (7-3)
Texas A&M (8-3)
Texas Tech (6-5)

Total (56-50)

Baylor (4-7)
OSU (6-4)

If you add Baylor and OSU, our opponents overall record right now is 66-61. Baylor has one game left (against OU, obviously) and OSU has two (TTech and OU).

Who knew that Middle Tennessee State would be our toughest non-conference opponent? ;)

Blues1
11/17/2006, 02:11 PM
now Blues, go back and pluck out every one of those schools who the head coach is either in their first or second year there. :)

Ah -He11 lets fire all those first year coaches - Why make the fans pay for their very bad choices.... :)

This is the fire them all year.... :)

Serious -- Can Shula Survive IF they lose to Auburn..??

What you think...?? --

Still R'

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 02:26 PM
Greg Robinson sucks though, i'll tell you that. he sucked in Denver (if he held opponents to 30 points he won) and fluked into some crazy, previously uncoached stud athletes at UT for one year.....and he's won 4 games in 2 years at Syracuse.

he's a haircut coach.

MiccoMacey
11/17/2006, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Blues1]Serious -- Can Shula Survive IF they lose to Auburn..??/QUOTE]

If they beat Auburn, does Alabama get to claim a national title?

OUstudent4life
11/17/2006, 02:50 PM
I feel bad for Washington...they were really hitting their stride when their QB went down for the season. I wonder how they would have played out with him still at the helm...

Scott D
11/17/2006, 02:59 PM
Ah -He11 lets fire all those first year coaches - Why make the fans pay for their very bad choices.... :)

This is the fire them all year.... :)

Serious -- Can Shula Survive IF they lose to Auburn..??

What you think...?? --

Still R'

I think it's unlikely Shula will survive...however, I can't say that very many coaches would have done all that well with the fallout from the three coaches prior to to him.

I'm just saying eliminate the first and second year coaches from your list. Like KC said, not real fair to blame Hawkins for the mess that Barnett left him. Washington could be argued as victims of circumstance...with Stanbeck I think they're probably a 7-8 win team. Generally I'd say give a coach 4-5 years before saying get rid of them.

Not sure if Army's record will be enough to get rid of Ross. In a lot of ways, he's the kind of coach they want up at West Point. If you like I can check via sources to see how the administration there feels about keeping him around.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/17/2006, 03:16 PM
I think it's unlikely Shula will survive...however, I can't say that very many coaches would have done all that well with the fallout from the three coaches prior to to him.

I'm just saying eliminate the first and second year coaches from your list. Like KC said, not real fair to blame Hawkins for the mess that Barnett left him. Washington could be argued as victims of circumstance...with Stanbeck I think they're probably a 7-8 win team. Generally I'd say give a coach 4-5 years before saying get rid of them.

Not sure if Army's record will be enough to get rid of Ross. In a lot of ways, he's the kind of coach they want up at West Point. If you like I can check via sources to see how the administration there feels about keeping him around.
I see Shula coming back next year. That will be his make-or-break year. They're still feeling the ill effects of probation.
No, Army won't run off Ross; that would be extremely foolish on its part.
I think another coach on the hot seat is Orgeron at Ole Miss, but he'll get one more year to cut it.
Of course, things could dramatically turn around for these coaches next year, and they could go from on the hot seat to off just like that. Look at Arkansas. Or Kentucky. Maybe, gasp, even Oklahoma State.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2006, 04:31 PM
already pushing for chuck to get fired again...i have feeling if chuck sacked groceries, there would be a few hundred Sooner fans outside yelling fire chuck long

royalfan5
11/17/2006, 04:32 PM
I've heard Ross might be ready to retire again though. Army might as well just go find an option coach like the other academy's and roll that way. I think Coach O gets at least two years since Cutcliff basically didn't recruit at all his last few years. Croom probably gets another year at Miss St, but they need to start showing progress.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2006, 04:36 PM
Alabama win gave Croom 150 percent chance of coming back..

TripleOption14
11/17/2006, 04:41 PM
I can tell who may need one in one or two years if things keep going the way they are and that Ohio U. Not that Solich is gonna get fired but he is gonna go to a "bigtime" program. What he has been doing with the Ohio program over the last couple of years is nothing short of a miracle. Keep your eyes on the Ohio Bobcats in the future. Just sayin.

royalfan5
11/17/2006, 04:49 PM
I can tell who may need one in one or two years if things keep going the way they are and that Ohio U. Not that Solich is gonna get fired but he is gonna go to a "bigtime" program. What he has been doing with the Ohio program over the last couple of years is nothing short of a miracle. Keep your eyes on the Ohio Bobcats in the future. Just sayin.
Solich is also getting up there age wise. How many programs are going to want to hire a 60+ year old head coach with a DUI in the recent past?