PDA

View Full Version : Since every dumb thing a conservative says...

Jerk
11/17/2006, 11:33 AM
ends up being posted here, I think we need a little 'fair and balanced' time.

Do you guys want to discuss what Rosie O'Donald recently spewed about terrorists?

Or would you like to talk about what John Edwards - a big Wal-Mart basher - did?

sitzpinkler
11/17/2006, 11:36 AM
Are you serious? I think if you look through the SO, you'd see more posts from Tuba and the Rush Limbaugh lover quoting liberals than you would anything else.

mdklatt
11/17/2006, 11:38 AM

No kidding, this place is like the message board version of Air America.

(No, I'm not serious.)

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 11:43 AM
all it take is one tuba or limbaugh post to bring out the liberals with just as many responses

trust me, you guys get your fair share in

SoonerBorn68
11/17/2006, 11:52 AM
...but Edwards flat out denied his office called Wally World & asked to have a PS3 reserved for him.

I believe him. :rolleyes:

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 12:09 PM
OK - so Edwards says wifey tells a staffer she wants a PS3 for her kids. Staffer mentions it to a volunteer. Volunteer goes out to Wal-Mart and wants to move to the head of the line for Edwards - throwing around the weight of his name to get preferential treatment. Edwards says that's the way it went down. But he still despised Wal-Mart.

Let's think for a second if this scenario were more truth than spin.

A volunteer (and we assume an unpaid one), unbeknowst to Edwards, is willing to shell out five bills of his/her own pocket change, for a toy for the Edwards offspring. Ummm....yeahhhhh....

What else you got John, you Asshat?

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 12:12 PM
right, because in the world of politics, ***-kissing staffers dont exist.....you know, the kind that do all sorts of stupid things to gain favor with their boss

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 12:18 PM
I hear ya, but according to Edwards, this was a "volunteer" and not even a staffer.

How many volunteers have five hundred in cash for sum'n like that?

Sorry, I'm not buying this tall tale.

Rhino
11/17/2006, 12:28 PM
He tried to use his status to get preferential treatment at Wal-Mart!?!?! That's outrageous!!! What an egregious misuse of power!!

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 12:30 PM
a republican would have gone to Best Buy

just sayin

TopDawg
Since every dumb thing a conservative says...ends up being posted here...

Are you calling out william_favor with that?

OU4LIFE
OK - so Edwards says wifey tells a staffer she wants a PS3 for her kids. Staffer mentions it to a volunteer. Volunteer goes out to Wal-Mart and wants to move to the head of the line for Edwards - throwing around the weight of his name to get preferential treatment. Edwards says that's the way it went down. But he still despised Wal-Mart.

Let's think for a second if this scenario were more truth than spin.

A volunteer (and we assume an unpaid one), unbeknowst to Edwards, is willing to shell out five bills of his/her own pocket change, for a toy for the Edwards offspring. Ummm....yeahhhhh....

What else you got John, you Asshat?

5 bills? **** I NEED OT GET THERE FAST!

Fugue
11/17/2006, 12:31 PM
Are you calling out william_favor with that?

He's busy munching carpet.

dolemitesooner
11/17/2006, 12:33 PM
I would have gone to best buy and I would have got that **** throwing my wieght around

Rhino
11/17/2006, 12:34 PM
a republican would have gone to Best Buy

just sayin So, Norm is a democrat?

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 12:35 PM
I hear ya, but according to Edwards, this was a "volunteer" and not even a staffer.

How many volunteers have five hundred in cash for sum'n like that?

Sorry, I'm not buying this tall tale.

It could be that the wife or the staffer gave the volunteer the money to pick it up.

Or it could be that the volunteer came from a pretty well-heeled family and actually did have the money to pull off that stunt. I mean, come on, you probably have to have some connections to get a gig in DC.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2006, 12:37 PM
What did Rosie say about the terrorists?

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 12:38 PM
So, Norm is a democrat?

earth to rhino

it was a joke

Jerk
11/17/2006, 12:39 PM
What did Rosie say about the terrorists?

"Well, then, get away from the fear. Don't fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers."

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 12:40 PM
earth to rhino

it was a joke

earth to jk

so was Rhino's

Rhino
11/17/2006, 12:42 PM
I love this place sometimes.

dolemitesooner
11/17/2006, 12:43 PM
not when I post :( (sad panda)

OU4LIFE
11/17/2006, 12:45 PM

that makes one of us.

dolemitesooner
11/17/2006, 12:47 PM
that makes one of us.
If yu\ou \\\\ didnt love you wowuldnt psit here

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 12:49 PM

you are truly perverse.

BeetDigger
11/17/2006, 12:50 PM
"Well, then, get away from the fear. Don't fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers."

Not that I watch the show nor know anyone who does watch the show, I have heard that Rosie pretty much dominates the discussions. Wow. Imagine that. Barbra could get rid of the rest of the cast and just keep Rosie and no one would notice.

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 12:55 PM
Not that I watch the show nor know anyone who does watch the show,

In other words, you watch the show...

Scott D
11/17/2006, 12:55 PM

well to be fair and balanced we've asked william favor/rush clone to quit posting a number of times...but he insists on continuing. ;)

Scott D
11/17/2006, 12:56 PM
Not that I watch the show nor know anyone who does watch the show, I have heard that Rosie pretty much dominates the discussions. Wow. Imagine that. Barbra could get rid of the rest of the cast and just keep Rosie and no one would notice.

lemme get this right....a female, from new jersey, dominates a talk show populated by women, marketed for women. That is just absolutely shocking.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 12:57 PM
earth to jk

so was Rhino's

are we going to do the entire scene from the movie?

soonerinabilene
11/17/2006, 01:23 PM
everytime i hear rosie's name, i think of the greatest bumper sticker i have ever seen: Saying guns kill people is like saying a spoon made Rosie O'donnell fat.

right next to that was one that said: Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 02:45 PM
It could be that the wife or the staffer gave the volunteer the money to pick it up.

Or it could be that the volunteer came from a pretty well-heeled family and actually did have the money to pull off that stunt. I mean, come on, you probably have to have some connections to get a gig in DC.

From what I heard this happened in Edwards' home of Raleigh, NC, and not DC. Whatever the case with the "volunteer" - I mean what's the volunteer volunteering for; is Edwards running for something again - for the unpaid volunteer to have quick access to that much cash for a toy for the kiddies - well, which of the two America's does that person live in? We heard a lot during the '04 campaign about the two America's. I guess the Democrats-trying-to-hustle-Wal-Mart-managers-using-John Edwards'-name is in the America that Edwards identifies with.

Admittedly, this is the kind of story that Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien will get lots of mileage over. It's really small - and insignificant. But it exposes the hypocrisy of someone like John Edwards who portrays himself as looking out for the little man. Some little man's kid would be terribly disappointed if his dad came back from camping out at Wal-Mart for five days only to find out the last PS3 had been sold, yet rumors are that a powerful senator butted in line and got one any way.

Heh.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 02:47 PM
i agree with TD, i think its plausible that it happened the way described

BeetDigger
11/17/2006, 03:10 PM
In other words, you watch the show...

Yeah, I watched the show. I think it was 5/22/93. I think that I read it in a review or sompin. Said basically the day that Rosie walked on the set, she acted like she owned the place.

Stoop Dawg
11/17/2006, 03:12 PM
What I love most about this place is that there is absolutely no "fact finding" necessary in order to form an opinion.

BeetDigger
11/17/2006, 03:13 PM
lemme get this right....a female, from new jersey, dominates a talk show populated by women, marketed for women. That is just absolutely shocking.

Yeah, that's what I said "imagine that."

PS - its New Joisey btw.

Rhino
11/17/2006, 03:24 PM
I'm just glad no other politician has ever used his/her influence or family name to get out of doing something an average citizen would have to do (ie. wait in line, pay taxes, serve in Vietnam, etc.)

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2006, 03:28 PM
Does Edwards still give his "Two America's" stump speech, and at some point could he get the hell out of this one and go to the other one?

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 03:29 PM
But it exposes the hypocrisy of someone like John Edwards who portrays himself as looking out for the little man.

He was looking out for HIS little man. ;)

Besides, your whole explanation of the "real" story makes one critical assumption: that John Edwards even knew about this. According to the story, this was something that his wife started. Sure, it may have happened like you say it did, but you're making a lot of big assumptions and your explanation really ends up no more plausible than many others.

Some little man's kid would be terribly disappointed if his dad came back from camping out at Wal-Mart for five days only to find out the last PS3 had been sold,

That kid NEEDS to be disappointed. Otherwise, he's gonna grow up to be a huge prick.

Scott D
11/17/2006, 04:23 PM

PS - its New Joisey btw.

p.p.s. - to them it's just Joisey, nothing 'new' about it ;)

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 08:48 PM
He was looking out for HIS little man. ;)

Sure, it may have happened like you say it did, but you're making a lot of big assumptions and your explanation really ends up no more plausible than many others.

That kid NEEDS to be disappointed. Otherwise, he's gonna grow up to be a huge prick.

I influence others through innuendo and the taking of liberties with facts. Good catch. :)

But, why would the camper's kid be any more of a prick than the already spoiled rich Edwards kid?

Ash
11/17/2006, 09:30 PM
I influence others through innuendo and the taking of liberties with facts. Good catch. :)

But, why would the camper's kid be any more of a prick than the already spoiled rich Edwards kid?

good question, maybe you should ask the spoiled rich kid prick in chief.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/17/2006, 09:35 PM
Is Jerk implying with the start of this thread that Libs have ever said anything smart...I believe they are batting in the low zero's since JFK got shot :P

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2006, 10:23 PM
Is Jerk implying with the start of this thread that Libs have ever said anything smart...I believe they are batting in the low zero's since JFK got shot :P

..and JFK only said it he didn't write it.

Nixon ran into JFK's speech writer one night at some function in D.C. and Nixon says, "that was a hell of an inaugural that you wrote. I wish I had been the one saying those words." And he says, "which part? the part about ask not what the country can do for you but what you can do for the country?" And Nixon says, "No, the "I do solemnly swear part."

sooneron
11/17/2006, 10:29 PM

PS - its New Joisey btw.
****-off dip-****

:texan:

King Crimson
11/17/2006, 10:34 PM
..and JFK only said it he didn't write it.

Nixon ran into JFK's speech writer one night at some function in D.C. and Nixon says, "that was a hell of an inaugural that you wrote. I wish I had been the one saying those words." And he says, "which part? the part about ask not what the country can do for you but what you can do for the country?" And Nixon says, "No, the "I do solemnly swear part."

i'm not sure what your point is.....but no president writes a word they say. and the "Ask what you can do...." bit is from Thucydides and Pericles funeral oration (Greek historian). I'd think they might have taught you that at almighty Baylor.
:D

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2006, 10:38 PM
i'm not sure what your point is.....but no president writes a word they say. and the "Ask what you can do...." bit is from Thucydides and Pericles funeral oration (Greek historian). I'd think they might have taught you that at almighty Baylor.
:D

No point just sayin'
And they don't write the meat of their own speeches, but they do contribute important passages or lines from time to time.

The evil empire and tear down this wall were both put into speeches at the insistence of Reagan personally.

Octavian
11/17/2006, 10:48 PM
The evil empire and tear down this wall were both put into speeches at the insistence of Reagan personally.

"evil empire" was a phrase used by Kruschev...Ronny was mocking them

VeeJay
11/17/2006, 10:54 PM
Reagan made up "Well, there you go again."

BeetDigger
11/17/2006, 11:02 PM
****-off dip-****

:texan:

Booooo Yeahhhhhhh

sooneron
11/17/2006, 11:03 PM
heh